Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:34:44 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 09:47:25 AM by nwfella

Trying to spread word on twitter and someone pointed me towards supercoin. Unfortunately I am not very tech savvy. If someone could tell me bitcoindark's advantages over this coin it would help me greatly. The coin supposedly does off the blockchain transactions as well (supersend... dumb name) I'm behind James 100%- he is an awesome dev, so don't take this as any kind of FUD, I'm just looking for some good points to bring up against supercoin in favor of BTCD. Thanks!
Right off the top of my head I can think of a couple of pretty good point(s):
1.) Most touted feature of the coin (anon-send) is currently closed-sourced.
2.) Developer/creator of the coin has stated that he no longer has time to actively maintain the coin and won't release source-code from #1 until a qualified full-time dev. has stepped up to take over.  Thus far nobody has done so.  (Doesn't wanna let the 'magic genie' outta the bottle only to be copied by the next wave of pump and dump clone coins I guess).

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 09:39:09 AM

BitcoinDark is achieving the holy grail of crypto, to be a completely trust-less decentralized off-blockchain exchange mechanism that is also truly anonymous / private.

I like this quote and I am going to steal it.
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

BitcoinDark is achieving the holy grail of crypto, to be a completely trust-less decentralized off-blockchain exchange mechanism that is also truly anonymous / private.

I like this quote and I am going to steal it.

Steal away  Grin
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:12:15 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 01:38:08 PM by SHossain

Exciting News! (for someone who might like)

I was working to enrich the BTCD block explorer experience with more feature and information. BitcoinDark's source code is bit different than other coins out there. This is not a copy and paste coin. And, of course I failed to display "Total Network Stake Weight" in the Status page of the explorer.

Today, I found a way to display real-time USD value of BTCD. The currency switching is very fast and using data from CoinMarketCap. This feature will go live once it is completely done by the end of today.

Additionally, the ExploreBTCD block explorer is going multi-lingual. Spanish is the first language to implement (in beta). I can get Bengali & Magyar (Hungarian) translation in the coming weeks. Though, I doubt Bengali will do any good, as Bangladesh Bank made using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency illegal http://techloverhd.com/2014/09/using-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-bangladesh-now-illegal/ But, Indian Bengali speakers can use it.

I'd like to add more languages if the community can help with the translation in their native language. And, of course it depends whether you want to use the explorer in your language. Once the Spanish is working I'll get a language template.

Donations will be much appreciated as I don't have a job at the moment and spent all my time with this for more than a month.
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:03:02 PM

I was working to enrich the BTCD block explorer experience with more feature and information. BitcoinDark's source code is bit different than other coins out there. This is not a copy and paste coin. And, of course I failed to display "Total Network Stake Weight" in the Status page of the explorer.

Today, I found a way to display real-time USD value of BTCD. The currency switching is very fast and using data from CoinMarketCap. This feature will go live once it is completely done by the end of today.

Additionally, the ExploreBTCD block explorer is going multi-lingual. Spanish is the first language to implement (in beta). I can get Bengali & Magyar (Hungarian) translation in the coming weeks. Though, I doubt Bengali will do any good, as Bangladesh Bank made using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency illegal http://techloverhd.com/2014/09/using-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-bangladesh-now-illegal/ But, Indian Bengali speakers can use it.

I'd like to add more languages if the community can help with the translation in their native language. And, of course it depends whether you want to use the explorer in your language. Once the Spanish is working I'll get a language template.

Donations will be much appreciated as I don't have a job at the moment and spent all my time with this for more than a month.

Looks really nice. I admire the work you put in and also what the devs are doing in the background.

I see a discrepancy between http://explorebtcd.info/ and http://bchain.info/ according to the total balance, is this due to different sync time intervals?

Another story:
I needed some quick BTC and sold a couple. As usual, price goes up after I sell some BTCD  Undecided (like it had been the last four times)

Should I sell more?  Roll Eyes
SHossain

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:48:00 PM

Looks really nice. I admire the work you put in and also what the devs are doing in the background.

I see a discrepancy between http://explorebtcd.info/ and http://bchain.info/ according to the total balance, is this due to different sync time intervals?

Another story:
I needed some quick BTC and sold a couple. As usual, price goes up after I sell some BTCD  Undecided (like it had been the last four times)

Thanks Starfleet.Intelligence. Can you please share the whole TX ID or Address ID or URL from both of the sites. Then, I can check.
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:07:48 PM

Another story:

Thanks Starfleet.Intelligence. Can you please share the whole TX ID or Address ID or URL from both of the sites. Then, I can check.

When I refer to the richlist from http://explorebtcd.info/bitcoindark-btcd-rich-list-top-500/ and https://bchain.info/BTCD/rich/ most of the balances for same addresses are different. Maybe its because of the ammounts that are staking and are not accounted in either way...

There are also in one explorer 4 addresses with 20k each on place 7..10 and on the other page its place there are 5 addresses with 20k each placing from 16..20.

I just was wondering why its not the same on both sides.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:25:36 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 05:37:41 PM by _mr_e

So telepathy sounds very interesting and could be a complete breakthrough in anonymity. Tell me, do you think it will be possible to completely replace Tor with such a system? If so, in terms of speed will it be able to function faster then Tor?

I had a conversation along these lines with James. Problem is that Telepathy is extremely strong, but it's a closed system: you can communicate very securely with other users, but accessing websites is different matter.
If someone could come up with a way of creating a TOR gateway, or a way of accessing webpages via Telepathy, that would be fantastic. It would also be possible to store static content in the cloud and have a kind of limited mini darkweb within the Telepathy network. But all of this needs people to build apps on top of Teleport.

What if you could access webpages stored on the distributed storage system, and these websites can use a blockchain as their database?
definitely possible to store HTML in the cloud
getting all the active web stuff will be much more difficult, but static content wont be a problem
in fact, this could give some value to NXT aliases which could have the cloud lookup info in the alias description

When you say difficultdo you mean too hard for James difficult?:p
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 05:29:23 PM

A bunch of BTCD got sent to a change address when I did a transaction - I noticed this thanks to the Rich List not showing the 'right' amount for my address, so thanks for drawing it to my attention SHossain!
I'd prefer to have just one private key for BTCD, so what's the easiest way to send the coins in the change address to my other account? Can you do that in the client or do you need to use the command line?
SHossain

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:49:56 PM

Another story:

When I refer to the richlist from http://explorebtcd.info/bitcoindark-btcd-rich-list-top-500/ and https://bchain.info/BTCD/rich/ most of the balances for same addresses are different. Maybe its because of the ammounts that are staking and are not accounted in either way...

There are also in one explorer 4 addresses with 20k each on place 7..10 and on the other page its place there are 5 addresses with 20k each placing from 16..20.

I just was wondering why its not the same on both sides.

Yes, I'm still updating the Rich List manually. There will be some differences with the balance until I can make it automated every 5 minutes. The blockchain explorer is showing all real-time result.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:24:02 PM

The latest shift for the BitcoinDark multipool paid out over 50 BTCD.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
SHossain

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:55:17 PM

The rich list in  ExploreBTCD.info now updating automatically every 5 minutes. Thanks to one of my friend writing a small Python script for me.

AND the new features are live in the blockchain explorer.
randallface

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:57:49 PM

https://i.imgur.com/H0MfXJf.jpg
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:04:03 AM

300 BTCD on bittrex at .0067. need some funds for a conference

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:02:58 AM

seems we have somebody desparate for the BTC
they are selling into all the below market walls!
this explains the recent drop, it is just one big whale that has decided to sell.
whoever you are PM me, maybe we can do an offmarket trade to avoid making big waves in the market

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
visual111

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:11:59 AM

seems we have somebody desparate for the BTC
they are selling into all the below market walls!
this explains the recent drop, it is just one big whale that has decided to sell.
whoever you are PM me, maybe we can do an offmarket trade to avoid making big waves in the market

James

21k sell, wow

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:14:05 AM

so, Mr. whale just how much more do you have to sell and how desperate are you for BTC?

James

P.S. for everybody else, no need to panic, this is just one whale that really needs BTC and nothing to do with BTCD

visual111

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:18:49 AM

nevermind..might have found one

INTRODUCING WAVES

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

more BTC being sent to bittrex for you, mr. whale
soon you can dump again, but it is a slow BTC block

James

Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:44:06 AM

Let's say I have 5 BTCD addresses in my wallet.

All I need to backup my wallet is the 5 corresponding private keys then?

Does each change address have a private key as well?
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: