Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:09:21 PM

Can I store BTCD anywhere besides in an exchange, in the BTCD wallet, and in the NXT blockchain via MGW?
A fourth place would be in a telepod and I will finally be able finish that when InstantDEX is in maintenance mode.

My new "wireless" plugin architecture is working pretty well so far, so by the end of next week I should have pretty much all the current code base into these plugins that are dynamically loadable and easier to test and more reliable

James

As not to create any confusion, I have a question.... Once the code base is loaded into the plugin architecture, will this qualify InstantDEX as being in maintenance mode?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meticulous7

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:56:36 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 03:10:48 AM by Meticulous7

Hey folks, long time lurker and holder here.

I'm sure this has been asked already but there are just too many pages ...

Any ETA for updates or news releases on SupetNET / InstantDEX / BTCD? Even extremely rough, like, estimated quarter or year?

Glad to see you're still so active and plugging away jl777. Your dedication and energy is always such an breath of fresh air in the world of crypto!
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 04:46:11 AM

Can I store BTCD anywhere besides in an exchange, in the BTCD wallet, and in the NXT blockchain via MGW?
A fourth place would be in a telepod and I will finally be able finish that when InstantDEX is in maintenance mode.

My new "wireless" plugin architecture is working pretty well so far, so by the end of next week I should have pretty much all the current code base into these plugins that are dynamically loadable and easier to test and more reliable

James

As not to create any confusion, I have a question.... Once the code base is loaded into the plugin architecture, will this qualify InstantDEX as being in maintenance mode?

after a debug cycle, yes. like anything there will be some bugs, but with a single plugin being much much smaller than the entire project, this final step will go much smoother. The most important thing is that the core API can be extended by plugins dynamically, in over a dozen languages. So this allows many others to contribute and at the very least makes it much easier to maintain

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 04:52:14 AM

Any ETA for updates or news releases on SupetNET / InstantDEX / BTCD? Even extremely rough, like, estimated quarter or year?

Glad to see you're still so active and plugging away jl777. Your dedication and energy is always such an breath of fresh air in the world of crypto!
The near term timeline is for me to get the code into plugins, GUI release, windows port, one click installer

all four of these things are working to some degree, so we need to do a test cycle, find the bugs, fix them, retest

If it takes 2 weeks per cycle (test, fix, retest), then over the next month or two we will get progressively more complete and more solid versions.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
bitcoinbboyce

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:41:47 AM

The near term timeline is for me to get the code into plugins, GUI release, windows port, one click installer

all four of these things are working to some degree, so we need to do a test cycle, find the bugs, fix them, retest

If it takes 2 weeks per cycle (test, fix, retest), then over the next month or two we will get progressively more complete and more solid versions.

James

Timescale - month or two maybe

Goal progressively more complete, more solid versions of 4 different features   Huh Huh

Dreamers...
TorrnA

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:40:27 PM

In this weeks bulletin: Transparent forging comes to BitcoinDark
http://bitcoindark.pw/transparent-forging-comes-to-bitcoindark/   
https://i.imgur.com/wvFr21P.jpg
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:48:58 PM

Is there no BTCD paper wallet generator?
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 04:23:21 PM

Is there no BTCD paper wallet generator?

Not that I know of.
I'm not sure what the criteria are for a BTCD private key. Perhaps someone who does could post. It might be possible to adapt a BTC key generator if it's close to that.
Trollero

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1042097.0

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting ~500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.

All opinions are welcomed.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 06:53:33 PM

PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH BITCOINDARK: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with BitcoinDark: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:37:40 PM

come on guys!!! why the price fall down on bittrex Sad

Am I spamming? Report me!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:56:25 PM

Price movements are part of markets.  A dump could be anything.  Maybe some dude just needed to pay rent or buy a car or buy cheap Monero for 50 cents each.

I don't think jl777's habit of starting projects faster than he finishes old ones is good for SuperNet or its constituent coins.

For God's sake man, stop adding (and by adding I mean "announcing an intention to someday add") new coins/projects/products until at least the majority of previous commitments have substantial progress.

EG:  BBR was supposed to be a "core" coin, but have we seen a single line of code to that end?

EG2:  Pangea Poker was supposed to be out in "early April" but that date slipped without even an explanation.

This cancerous feature bloat isn't being rewarded by the market, and resembles GAW/PayCoin's 'start new scams faster than they can be exposed' strategy.

Let's try doing one thing and doing it better than anyone else, instead of chasing overambitious pipe dreams of being all things to all people for all purposes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

thanks for the comment  Smiley
the market seem to be very unstable at the moment and it is creep me out
i have been with btcd since almost the beginning, and i know this is a good coin and dev
but also saw other coin like sync that actually worst than here

Am I spamming? Report me!
Stalin-chan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:14:48 PM

Buying cheap now
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:31:59 PM

Price movements are part of markets.  A dump could be anything.  Maybe some dude just needed to pay rent or buy a car or buy cheap Monero for 50 cents each.

I don't think jl777's habit of starting projects faster than he finishes old ones is good for SuperNet or its constituent coins.

For God's sake man, stop adding (and by adding I mean "announcing an intention to someday add") new coins/projects/products until at least the majority of previous commitments have substantial progress.

EG:  BBR was supposed to be a "core" coin, but have we seen a single line of code to that end?

EG2:  Pangea Poker was supposed to be out in "early April" but that date slipped without even an explanation.

This cancerous feature bloat isn't being rewarded by the market, and resembles GAW/PayCoin's 'start new scams faster than they can be exposed' strategy.

Let's try doing one thing and doing it better than anyone else, instead of chasing overambitious pipe dreams of being all things to all people for all purposes.

If you call this a dump then you really have no idea of any Cryptocurrency markets... you should check out Monero XMR or Bitshares their pumped up ballons are exploding and you can see this all on the chart... just like Bitcoin its totally normal economic movement.

BTCD is not even out and people complain about the price, this only confirms my suspicion that there are still to many stupid money in cryptocurrency.

Btw why do you shill on BTCD now ? wasn't you fighting Darkcoin last time ? Or i even seen you fight Ripple ? Wtf are you getting paid man ?
Looks like a regular Bitcoin fanboy still cheering even when the music stopped playing long time ago... very sad people on this forum indeed.

+1000
really is unfortunate  Sad

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:21:08 PM

I don't know why he has announced so many projects, it is a rather good way to spread yourself thin. On the other hand, he seems to be an extrodinary individual - a very creative one too. To some degree I'd imagine part of what's happening is he's thinking outloud and by writing down his ideas it gives them some life and meaning and causes people to react and critique his proposals. It also attracts like minded people and talent that might aid him in reaching those goals.

Developing a vision is rarely something that can be perfectly outlined and executed. It has to be put in motion, only then do problems truly start to reveal themselves. Sometimes it's a simple bug fix, sometimes it's a complete architecture restructure. Only James knows if we're truly close to seeing his creation completed, or if some other avenue he didn't anticipate will consume more of his time.

Whatever it is, I'm watching closely, I can't wait to see what he has I store.

Price movements are part of markets.  A dump could be anything.  Maybe some dude just needed to pay rent or buy a car or buy cheap Monero for 50 cents each.

EG:  BBR was supposed to be a "core" coin, but have we seen a single line of code to that end?

EG2:  Pangea Poker was supposed to be out in "early April" but that date slipped without even an explanation.

ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:01:47 PM

James quietly is building a purely fictional spaceship, but Just the believers know when this spaceship will launch into the sky, then what will happen.

If hard to understand for you until now, certainly you will see in future there is just one James in crypto world! just one James!

and market issues is another thing

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:06:33 PM

Beyond just being a crypto developer jl777 is a crypto leader. This is why it appears that james is starting many projects without finish. He has literally attracted an army of volunteers, devs, thinkers, artists, etc to work on the various modular components to supernet. There are over 550 people on slack and to be quite honest, slack is now a much better scene then bitcointalk. The modular nature of supernet means various projects will be completed at different times. James is not the dev for all of these projects but the unifier.

Too many in crypto seek to tear each other down. James preaches a message of unity.

Imagine what bitcoin would be like if satoshi had stuck around to unify the community.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:35:35 AM

Everytime the price falls, people are telling to buy cheap. Prices usually dumps more on a constantly upswing trend and then you bought expensive  Cool

Buying cheap now
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:16:49 PM

if i hear this "we are adding more tech so of course the price is gonna fall" self comforting bullshit one more time i am gonna puke.

teleport was promised done 6 months ago.

but the failed multilevel marketing ( aka supernet) got in the way.
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: