Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:04:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:56:40 PM

Wow, 100 btc buy order at 0.0025 for btcd on bittrex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 08:33:03 PM

How many BTCD's are there around? Still 1.2mil?
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:42:39 PM

1,256,881 BTCD according to coinmarketcap

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the following block explorer:

http://explorebtcd.info/

It is showing me the incorrect balance for an address - the balance shown on the explorer is significantly more than has been sent to the address in question.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:03:37 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Is that also the max supply?
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:55:36 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Staking 5% a year for 30 years or something like that.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 09:10:51 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Max should be 22millions, it should take >50 years to stake it all

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:19:12 PM

Does the staking period of 5% end, since there is a maximum of 22 million BTCD ? What happens after staking period of 5 % ends?
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 07:36:47 PM

Does the staking period of 5% end, since there is a maximum of 22 million BTCD ? What happens after staking period of 5 % ends?

I suppose that, if Btcd grows, in 2080 the transaction fees will be enough incentives for our nephews to continue staking

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
FiGgY132

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:28:35 PM

has anybody managed to install the linux wallet on a raspberry pi?
BitcoinDarkd compiles, runs & stakes fine on Raspberry PI b+ and Raspberry PI 2. Had the Qt wallet running on the b+ too. Also compiled SuperNET/Iguana on the Raspberry Pi 2 - seems to run with no errors but not had the chance to play around with it as running bash/cli only.
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:40:32 AM

Would the BTCD dev team consider updating the staking algorithm to PoSP used with Cryptogenic Bullion CBX?

With PoSP (PoS participation) only wallets that are open and staking actually earn any stakes, so if you never open your wallet you never earn any stake interest. With BTCD I open my wallet once a week or so, sync up, get my stake coins, then close my wallet. I earn the same stake interest (almost) as a guy running a wallet 24/7. With PoSP the guy running 24/7 gets A LOT more stakes as reward for his efforts, and I'd get nothing, zip, ziltch! Why reward people who don't help secure the network by running their wallet long enough to contribute?

With CBX the stake rate is usually 8-14%, BUT the inflation is set in stone at 2%. The incentive is obvious, STAKE, or get nothing, and the more you stake the greater your overall % of coin cap becomes. Aging coins earning interest in offline wallets has terrible incentives compared to PoSP.

IMO PoSP is fair, and encourages coin holders to stake and secure the chain. Would BTCD devs consider a switch?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:33:33 AM

I would like to join BitcoinDark Slack channel. How can I get an invitation? Is BitcoinDark and SuperNet channel the same?
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:12:41 PM

Would the BTCD dev team consider updating the staking algorithm to PoSP used with Cryptogenic Bullion CBX?

With PoSP (PoS participation) only wallets that are open and staking actually earn any stakes, so if you never open your wallet you never earn any stake interest. With BTCD I open my wallet once a week or so, sync up, get my stake coins, then close my wallet. I earn the same stake interest (almost) as a guy running a wallet 24/7. With PoSP the guy running 24/7 gets A LOT more stakes as reward for his efforts, and I'd get nothing, zip, ziltch! Why reward people who don't help secure the network by running their wallet long enough to contribute?

With CBX the stake rate is usually 8-14%, BUT the inflation is set in stone at 2%. The incentive is obvious, STAKE, or get nothing, and the more you stake the greater your overall % of coin cap becomes. Aging coins earning interest in offline wallets has terrible incentives compared to PoSP.

IMO PoSP is fair, and encourages coin holders to stake and secure the chain. Would BTCD devs consider a switch?

I like this idea as well.
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:17:10 PM

Wow, 100 btc buy order at 0.0025 for btcd on bittrex

Damn, there is a lot of BTC on the buy side of bittrex and poloniex orderbooks. 

I don't think anyone is going to sell into that.  If 100 btc whale becomes impatient and buys up orderbook, then price will go up to 0.01+

Time tells the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if those buy walls disappear soon.
I saw these many times on many coins.
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:19:53 PM

BTCD uses PoS AND what you said PoSP too. If you leave your wallet open you receive dividents every week too.
Check this post  by Azeh

Week 42: 19 BTCD have been paid to 661 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 995719-1006638

Thanks for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network.  We've hit milestone of 1 million blocks this week.  On top of that BTCD is finally getting the attention that it deserves. A special thanks to James, and all the Iguana devs for all their hard work and also, MMBTCD for the continued support and payouts to BTCD stakers!  Good things are coming to BTCD hodlers!
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:28:58 PM

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the following block explorer:

http://explorebtcd.info/

It is showing me the incorrect balance for an address - the balance shown on the explorer is significantly more than has been sent to the address in question.

Check in coin control you may have another BTCD address which does not appear in your "Receive coins" list.
This happened to me last week too.

To see coin control you have to go to settings, then options, and then click Display tab. Then check Display coin control features.
After you finish go back to your wallet and click the Send coins button.
Click inputs and check there if all of your coins are in the address you are looking or if there is another address with the rest of the coins you don't see in the block explorer.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:49:34 PM

Nice post and thanks for bringing this to the forum!  

Being that I stake 24/7, I'd support PoSP as well, as it does appear to be fair and seems that it would drive true loyal hodlers to stake and support their network. Those of us actually strengthening the network should be rewarded accordingly.

NWweight:61,399

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:32:03 PM

Being that I stake 24/7, I'd support PoSP as well, as it does appear to be fair and seems that it would drive true loyal hodlers to stake and support their network. Those of us actually strengthening the network should be rewarded accordingly.

This would also disappoint early holders who wanted to invest with what they saw at the beginning.
I also support the network by staking but I don't like the idea of not receiving the 5% if I am not staking.
Perhaps if you increase the dividents or even add an extra % for those who stake could be better.
Incentive drives more people "in" than punishment Cheesy
"If you don't stake we will remove your 5%" is a punishment.
This is based on human psychology.
If everything started like this from the beginning I wouldn't mind. But, 2 years later it's like a punishment.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

I'm pretty sure you get the 5% even if you don't constantly run your node. You just don't get the Staking bonus dividend that has been being paid out each week.

This would also disappoint early holders who wanted to invest with what they saw at the beginning.
I also support the network by staking but I don't like the idea of not receiving the 5% if I am not staking.
Perhaps if you increase the dividents or even add an extra % for those who stake could be better.
If everything started like this from the beginning I wouldn't mind. But, 2 years later it's like a punishment.

You always get the 5% you just won't get the bonus staking dividend.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:02:49 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 03:21:26 PM by clovis A.

I'm a holder since July 2014 and the BTCD landscape has already completely changed since it's inception. I have to disagree

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: