Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:31:23 AM

Everybody!
Please read this article and send some tips to Salsa!!

We need somebody that can get ink and he can. lets show him some BTCD love

James

Hey guys,

Here is salsacz's BTCD address:  RVMLrnxYYy7uy8YZo9FcGfXbk1ZMnNifdg

Please, show him some love for the excellent article.

Also, I'm sure James, our core dev wouldn't mind any extra BTCD or two Cheesy  RNXMBQHw34MkF5hNrbT9BXaZ5MAAFVR5Sm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:33:25 AM

price up again..  Grin
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:35:07 AM

Call to action!

Alright everybody, James is making real progress and will continue to do so on the technical advancement of BTCD.

I would like to ask the communities support in ramping up marketing activities. 

We need people to help spread the word.  Get on social media, re-tweet our messages.  Let crypto oriented news outlets know about our progress.

Some basic things that we should probably think about doing:

-contact more media outlets (we need to get the word out about our developments)

-create a more professional looking website (e.g. Blackoin's site is a nice example)

-improve the log

-flashy GUI for the wallet

Whatever else you guys can think of!

I'm not worried about the current price, smart money is getting in on the ground floor and with what we have planned, BTCD will stand apart from all other coins.

Let's get the discussion started now!

For GUI I want to have HTML5 web based GUI like NXT has.
It is really cool

I was asked if I will do a twitter page
I responded I wasnt a bird

But it seems these things are popular.
It is a good thing noashh setup an automated posting to various sites!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jl777/688097541246130
https://twitter.com/Jl777News
http://jl777news.tumblr.com/

So you can use the above to follow me, Come-From-Beyond even found a picture of me from Beyond Smiley

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:38:32 AM

Call to action!

Alright everybody, James is making real progress and will continue to do so on the technical advancement of BTCD.

We need people to help spread the word.  Get on social media, re-tweet our messages.  Let crypto oriented news outlets know about our progress.

-contact more media outlets (we need to get the word out about our developments)

-create a more professional looking website (e.g. Blackoin's site is a nice example)

-improve the log

I'm not worried about the current price, smart money is getting in on the ground floor and with what we have planned, BTCD will stand apart from all other coins. 

I can work on the website as soon as i finish my curent project(should be friday at most)

Thanks ICT,

Keep us posted on any developments or if you need anything.

Any initial ideas on how you think the site should look?  Do you have any favorite coin sites you would like to model our site after?

@James  Is there anything in particular our website should include that might fit in with our future tech developments?
Yes, I think we can put the HTML wallet right on the website. The HTML does local signing, so if we had the webpage version connect to a public server, people could actually do some stuff without even downloading anything
Fancy sites are OK, but why not make it an active site. A functional site where people can check acct balances, maybe even do some trading. Not sure of all the possibilities yet

We need HTML5 guy

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:39:45 AM

Everybody!

James

Hey guys,

Also, I'm sure James, our core dev wouldn't mind any extra BTCD or two Cheesy  RNXMBQHw34MkF5hNrbT9BXaZ5MAAFVR5Sm
I have enough BTCD now, thanks to the silly WH (weak hands)
Please send more to salsa, the more BTCD he has, the more press he will get for us

IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

Call to action!

We need people to help spread the word.  Get on social media, re-tweet our messages.  Let crypto oriented news outlets know about our progress.

-improve the log

I can work on the website as soon as i finish my curent project(should be friday at most)

Thanks ICT,

Any initial ideas on how you think the site should look?  Do you have any favorite coin sites you would like to model our site after?

@James  Is there anything in particular our website should include that might fit in with our future tech developments?
Yes, I think we can put the HTML wallet right on the website. The HTML does local signing, so if we had the webpage version connect to a public server, people could actually do some stuff without even downloading anything
Fancy sites are OK, but why not make it an active site. A functional site where people can check acct balances, maybe even do some trading. Not sure of all the possibilities yet

We need HTML5 guy

Do you mean like online wallet?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:54:03 AM

Call to action!

-improve the log

Thanks ICT,

We need HTML5 guy

If you can call something that does trades, bets, privateSends, etc. a wallet, then yes, but we probably need a much better name than "wallet"
Hopefully some marketing types will chime in with the killer name

IceColdTommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

Call to action!

-improve the log

Thanks ICT,

We need HTML5 guy

If you can call something that does trades, bets, privateSends, etc. a wallet, then yes, but we probably need a much better name than "wallet"
That kind of web app will need time to be fully developed but it can be done Smiley
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:01:37 AM

Call to action!

-improve the log

Thanks ICT,

We need HTML5 guy

Lol...kinda like the "phone" we carry around nowadays.  It's not really a phone anymore.  With what we're developing a wallet will no longer just be a wallet, but much more!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:37:09 AM

Call to action!

-improve the log

Thanks ICT,

We need HTML5 guy

That kind of web app will need time to be fully developed but it can be done Smiley
The NXT web wallet already does 90%+ of what we need, so more enhancing it than anything else

Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:39:56 AM

Everybody!

James

Hey guys,

Whoa, sweet article!
IceColdTommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:42:09 AM

Call to action!

-improve the log

Thanks ICT,

We need HTML5 guy

The NXT web wallet already does 90%+ of what we need, so more enhancing it than anything else

That will be no problem, from what i saw its php based, damn i should have seen it sooner, nice features to copy Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:03:36 AM

OK, some good news, bad news...

Code:
createrawtxid_json_params.[[{
"txid": "0ae80e21c3e051f6bfb3162ca2fd34b13c3a34a94d45a1b1380ee8a183536a86",
"vout": 1,
"scriptPubKey": "a914db7f9942da71fd7a28f4a4b2e8c51347240b9e2d87",
"redeemScript": "52210203de827e93f06cfcdb97ed51564e3415b243f539c25eb8e81f78f4ff8fb8c64e2102629999547c0a66186b162c630ec81625edc57e818aaa306f4a9d429a67e703c22102242b187f65df8a5b47f13f303d065aee21aa9099a5ffa283ae29edf74d9dcf7953ae"
}], {
"RMMGbxZdav3cRJmWScNVX6BJivn6BNbBE8": 0.10000000,
"RLKNFzuGy2dWGxQ8iPupq1jo7UsNr8bdA2": 0.89000000,
"bYjsXxENs4u7raX3EPyrgqPy46MUrq4k8h": 0.23456780
}]
rawparams.([[{
"txid": "0ae80e21c3e051f6bfb3162ca2fd34b13c3a34a94d45a1b1380ee8a183536a86",
"vout": 1,
"scriptPubKey": "a914db7f9942da71fd7a28f4a4b2e8c51347240b9e2d87",
"redeemScript": "52210203de827e93f06cfcdb97ed51564e3415b243f539c25eb8e81f78f4ff8fb8c64e2102629999547c0a66186b162c630ec81625edc57e818aaa306f4a9d429a67e703c22102242b187f65df8a5b47f13f303d065aee21aa9099a5ffa283ae29edf74d9dcf7953ae"
}], {
"RMMGbxZdav3cRJmWScNVX6BJivn6BNbBE8": 0.10000000,
"RLKNFzuGy2dWGxQ8iPupq1jo7UsNr8bdA2": 0.89000000,
"bYjsXxENs4u7raX3EPyrgqPy46MUrq4k8h": 0.23456780
}])

So after a little time sync issue, all three servers came to consensus as to the exact rawtransaction bytes to submit:

0100000075d3cc5301866a5383a1e80e38b1a1454da9343a3cb134fda22c16b3bff651e0c3210ee 80a0100000000ffffffff0380969800000000001976a9148466f34f39c23547abf922d422e3e532 2fdf156588ac40084e05000000001976a9147912b6c8c1e20cfebadcb3c22fab06e6dc72b22f88a c0cec65010000000017a914db7f9942da71fd7a28f4a4b2e8c51347240b9e2d8700000000

It looks like scrambled eggs, but it does decode properly, from debug console just do:
decoderawtransaction <above bytes>

The problem is that when I sign the rawbytes, I get:
0100000075d3cc5301866a5383a1e80e38b1a1454da9343a3cb134fda22c16b3bff651e0c3210ee 80a0100000000ffffffff0380969800000000001976a9148466f34f39c23547abf922d422e3e532 2fdf156588ac40084e05000000001976a9147912b6c8c1e20cfebadcb3c22fab06e6dc72b22f88a c0cec65010000000017a914db7f9942da71fd7a28f4a4b2e8c51347240b9e2d8700000000

Now you will notice they are identical. This indicates some sort of problem with the signing of raw transactions...
I went and tried manually signing, but no difference. So, this seems to be something within the BTCD transaction signing code. Hopefully one of the other devs can get a manually constructed multisig transaction to work. I tried but couldnt, but getting a bit tired so maybe just a silly mistake. Once this issue is solved, we can withdraw from MGW. For now the BTCD can check in, but cant check out.

Rather than flail about in unfamiliar territory, I will now switch back to other areas.

James

Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:17:51 AM

Since Im quite not familiar with the PoS and how the staking works, I feel its time to post some noob questions here and hoping to get answers and clear this up:

What means "spendable" and "stake" ammount in the wallet? I have two different numbers there and when I add it sums up to the total ammount I have. I would suppose stake and spendable should be the same, to get the full ammount staking. I transfered coins yesterday, maybe I have to wait for some time period...

In the status field of staking I get: Staking: Your weight is xx, network weight is yy.
How does the wallet account to these numbers and what is the unit? E.g. network weight right now is 66290, does this mean there are total 66290 BTCD staking? Suppose not...  Cheesy
TorrnA

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:23:53 AM

Since Im quite not familiar with the PoS and how the staking works, I feel its time to post some noob questions here and hoping to get answers and clear this up:

What means "spendable" and "stake" amount in the wallet? I have two different numbers there and when I add it sums up to the total amount I have. I would suppose stake and spendable should be the same, to get the full amount staking. I transferred coins yesterday, maybe I have to wait for some time period...

In the status field of staking I get: Staking: Your weight is xx, network weight is yy.
How does the wallet account to these numbers and what is the unit? E.g. network weight right now is 66290, does this mean there are total 66290 BTCD staking? Suppose not...  Cheesy

Hi Starfleet, (I feel like one of the Maquis saying that, Grin)
'Spendable' amount refers to the coins you have available in your wallet to use or to send. If some coins are 'staking'(earning you interest) you are unable to touch them until they have finished staking. The staking coins are taken from your spendable total temporarily and become inaccessible during this phase.

Below is a basic explanation for 'weight' and network 'weight' (this info comes from Wikipedia). I hope it helps.

The weight of every address starts at 0. When an address provides a signature, its weight increases so that after several signatures, the weight approaches the number of coins in the address as of the last signature block. For example,
New weight = 0.9 * Old weight + 0.1 * Balance

If a signature is not provided by the address in a signature block, its weight decreases:
New weight = 0.9 * Old weight

This way, addresses whose owners do not wish to participate in signing do not hamper the ability to reach a majority.
If an address signs two conflicting blocks, its weight is reset to 0. This is to limit the power of malicious stakeholders.
If coins move to a new address, weight is proportionally taken away from the address, but is not transferred to the new address. The new stakeholder will have to build up his weight.

If anyone can explain it better, please do. Its always good to make these explanations as clear as possible and easy to follow.

Torrn
MrFeiLong

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:55:28 PM

Hello!! I'm a beginner and I would like to ask few questions because I can't find answers. BTCD is a kind of freshness in cryptocurrency and it's very interesting, that's why I want to know. I was mining untill POW phase end. And can anyone explain to me:

1). What exactly POW phase is?
2). Can we still mine BTCD ? Or will we be able in the future? Because there's info about official pool in the main BTCD thread but there is no our coin. Can anyone explain how it works?

I'll be very grateful for answers Smiley
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:05:50 PM

Hello!! I'm a beginner and I would like to ask few questions because I can't find answers. BTCD is a kind of freshness in cryptocurrency and it's very interesting, that's why I want to know. I was mining untill POW phase end. And can anyone explain to me:

2). Can we still mine BTCD ? Or will we be able in the future? Because there's info about official pool in the main BTCD thread but there is no our coin. Can anyone explain how it works?

Hi FeiLong!

1. PoW phase was the temporary period of time when BTCD could be mined. Now that it is over and PoS phase is in, you can only generate new coins by leaving your wallet running and letting it 'stake'.

2. We will never be able to mine BTCD again, it's actually quite rare. Only a little over 1 million coins exist. The pools on the main page are for 'multipools' which mine other coins and pay out in BTCD they buy on the exchanges.
MrFeiLong

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:42:20 PM

Hi FeiLong!

1. PoW phase was the temporary period of time when BTCD could be mined. Now that it is over and PoS phase is in, you can only generate new coins by leaving your wallet running and letting it 'stake'.

2. We will never be able to mine BTCD again, it's actually quite rare. Only a little over 1 million coins exist. The pools on the main page are for 'multipools' which mine other coins and pay out in BTCD they buy on the exchanges.

Thank You for answer ! So if I understood right, we can gain some coins on multipools but we gain BTCD only by exchanges made by pool?
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:45:13 PM

Hi FeiLong!

Thank You for answer ! So if I understood right, we can gain some coins on multipools but we gain BTCD only by exchanges made by pool?

To gain coins, you can either

1. Leave your wallet unlocked and running on your computer. Your coins will 'stake' and gain interest (~5%/year)
2. Point your miners to a multipool (suggest dark.xpool.ca) and they will buy BTCD and pay you with them
3. Buy BTCD yourself

Smiley
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

Looks like we might break out above 70k today
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: