Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328428 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:09:50 AM

We also have a fundraiser for james anon card so do also check that and donate some BTCD if you can.

Can you be more specific about "donations"? Let's say I send 100BTCD to the address provided on the site, what exactly will I get for it? Considering the goal is 33kBTCD and NXT asset, how can I calculate what percentage of the transaction fees I will get?
Thanks.
The exact percentage would depend on the exchange rate between BTCD and NXT
1% of transaction fees are for the asset holders and I expect that 1 million NXT will be issued for the asset
So assuming 20:1 ratio, 100 BTCD would be ~2000 NXT, so that would be 0.2%, not much be then again 100 BTCD isnt very large investment.

I will put up matching amounts to whatever is raised, so if we can raise 25,000 BTCD, I will put up 500000 NXT to reach the 1 million total. In the event we cant raise 25000 BTCD, we can return or repurpose the amounts raised.

I really think this will be a very valuable service to have, plus I dont mind getting 0.5% of all transaction fees Smiley
To put that in perspective, if $1 million goes through the card, the 0.5% is $5000, which is already 20% of capital back.
$1 million might sound like a lot, but remember a couple weeks ago, half million per day of BTCD was trading

James

the only problem I see in this is that BTCD is currently very much undervalued, so I expect the ration to NXT to become at least 200:1 in the near future. So for a $1 million traffic the ROI would be only 2% of the investment. Unless the asset release happens at a new ATH of BTCD when it hits x10 the current price Grin, I think from an investors point of view it's better to hold on to the coins and maybe buy the assets later. That of course assuming only $1 million traffic (per year?), maybe more info about it would be helpful, if it goes much bigger which I hope happens then wow. of course one could send the BTCD and buy more so it's a fiat investment, but I lack the cash to purchase more BTCD Tongue

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:14:12 AM

Yep on all counts. 

James, I'm a dev myself and even I have trouble following much of what you're posting Smiley  Maybe include a "dumbed down" summary as well as the detail?

To the other devs, how are things progressing with BTCD core features?

We're working on it.  GitbKnowsall, is currently working on putting together infographics to help illustrate the features in development.

I've asked others to compile all of James's posts and help to simplify them for the less technical among us.  I don't think this is Jame's responsibility, but rather others in the community should step up to get this done.  

I think James should continue to do exactly what he's doing and we should all step up to support his efforts.  Basically, the idea is that the less things James is distracted with, the sooner real game-changing features will be implemented.

As for progression of core features, I'm not gonna give a definitive time for that, but I'd like to let everyone know that some core features will be added soon.

Anyway you guys can get a community manager who knows a thing or two about technicality, and they can be the spokesperson for the devs? That way the devs dont have to worry about posting much here at all. XC does this very well, community manager gives updates on a daily basis...user friendly updates translated in layman's terms. Just my 2 cnts

gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:28:25 AM

Yep on all counts. 

James, I'm a dev myself and even I have trouble following much of what you're posting Smiley  Maybe include a "dumbed down" summary as well as the detail?

We're working on it.  GitbKnowsall, is currently working on putting together infographics to help illustrate the features in development.

I've asked others to compile all of James's posts and help to simplify them for the less technical among us.  I don't think this is Jame's responsibility, but rather others in the community should step up to get this done.  

I think James should continue to do exactly what he's doing and we should all step up to support his efforts.  Basically, the idea is that the less things James is distracted with, the sooner real game-changing features will be implemented.

As for progression of core features, I'm not gonna give a definitive time for that, but I'd like to let everyone know that some core features will be added soon.

Anyway you guys can get a community manager who knows a thing or two about technicality, and they can be the spokesperson for the devs? That way the devs dont have to worry about posting much here at all. XC does this very well, community manager gives updates on a daily basis...user friendly updates translated in layman's terms. Just my 2 cnts

that would be amazing if we had someone right now, Im making it as simple as i can atm. But alot of stuff has me completely confused lol.
The audio is being done on friday so ill post up the script today.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:58:16 AM

is there a graph somewhere showing the difficulty of BTCD over time? or from the multipools the profitability per 100GH/day over a long period of time for example? been trying to find such a graph but no where to find! It would be interesting for me to know whether the currently approx. 1$/100GH/day has been a stable estimate over a year period or it's just this month and dropping?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BDdomino

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

Yep on all counts. 

that would be amazing if we had someone right now, Im making it as simple as i can atm. But alot of stuff has me completely confused lol.
Yes, I have tried understanding whats the devs are doing as well and its very confusing... I still do not understand how the dividends will work either or exactly how to buy the shares??
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:23:21 AM

hi
in order to stake do I have to leave the wallet running all the time?
I have the windows wallet.

I received some coins of type "mined" 10 days ago while I had the wallet opened for hours.

thanks

O_o
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

BitcoinDark by xpool - The Official BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
1% Fee
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift (see below). The confirmed coins are traded on the top 4 exchanges throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits by exchanging them into BTCD and creating buy pressure in the BTCD markets! Once the shift ends, the shift is moved into "Confirming" status while all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

Current shifts run 24 hours, Monday - Friday and end at 7PM Eastern each day except Saturday & Sunday. The weekend shift ends on the Monday. Payments are then finialized and typically complete 2-3 hours after a shift ends.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your any GPU, CPU and older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

PortAlgoExample
3500SHA256stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3500 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3600SCRYPTstratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3600 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3700X11stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3700 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING

Donations welcome or tip me, crackers, on IRC!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

Today's shift payments have finished. Over 712 BTCD sent out to miners on all 3 algos!

Cheers!

Yesterdays's shift payments resulted in over 281 BTCD being sent out to miners on all 3 algos!

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:42:58 AM

Yep on all counts. 

Yes, I have tried understanding whats the devs are doing as well and its very confusing... I still do not understand how the dividends will work either or exactly how to buy the shares??

I have a few thousand BTCD. I have seen many coins that have posts, whitepapers, roadmaps, timelines, etc. that look like they were written by a 6 year old.  I can’t follow everything written by the dev either but I guess I feel at ease because someone that is obviously smarter than me is driving this train. 

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:08:40 PM

hi

I received some coins of type "mined" 10 days ago while I had the wallet opened for hours.

thanks

wallet must be open and unlocked for staking

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:10:34 PM

hi

thanks

wallet must be open and unlocked for staking

thanks!

O_o
hamzatu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:54:07 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 04:17:04 PM by hamzatu

Yep on all counts.  

James, I'm a dev myself and even I have trouble following much of what you're posting Smiley  Maybe include a "dumbed down" summary as well as the detail?

I have a few thousand BTCD. I have seen many coins that have posts, whitepapers, roadmaps, timelines, etc. that look like they were written by a 6 year old.  I can’t follow everything written by the dev either but I guess I feel at ease because someone that is obviously smarter than me is driving this train.  

This is exactly the issue I posted about two days ago. Unfortunately my post was deleted. So I deleted the rest of my posts. I stated that a feature release or updated schedule was needed more than confusing posts. I took this as a bad sign.
xPooky

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:44:50 PM

@everyone that send donations for the anon cards development please send me a PM after so we can keep records of who donated, thank you for the donations we already have 1100 BTCD
MuFaza

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:01:55 PM

Yep on all counts.  

James, I'm a dev myself and even I have trouble following much of what you're posting Smiley  Maybe include a "dumbed down" summary as well as the detail?

I have a few thousand BTCD. I have seen many coins that have posts, whitepapers, roadmaps, timelines, etc. that look like they were written by a 6 year old.  I can’t follow everything written by the dev either but I guess I feel at ease because someone that is obviously smarter than me is driving this train.  

This is exactly the issue I posted about two days ago. Unfortunately my post was deleted. So I deleted the rest of my posts. I stated that a feature release or updated schedule was needed more than confusing posts. I took this as a bad sign.

I'm sure you would understand that releasing timelines for totally new projects (no copypasterino) are hard or near impossible to do. Those schedules are only for pumping purposes IMO.

Features are released when they are done
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 06:10:29 PM

I cannot be sure yet, but I think I made a significant breakthrough.
Need about two weeks
More as I get confirmation from some guys that are smarter than me

James

P.S. This is not about any trading, but about core feature

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 06:39:10 PM

Need about two weeks

James

OK, I have confirmation I didnt miss anything obvious and thus I hope to get this working in about two weeks. Due to magnitude of this, maybe tradebots go on hold for a bit.

It will be fully decentralized, meaning every node will be able to directly do this and obtain what I call business level privacy. The privacyServers would enhance the privacy level to where only people that can compromise the privacyServer can reduce the privacy level back to business level. In other words, still very good.

James

P.S. I even have a great name for this feature Smiley

Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:40:33 PM

Both bounties look like great ideas on bitcoindark.net

Looks like someone really wants to buy 25 BTC worth of BitcoinDark on Bittrex right now.
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

Both bounties look like great ideas on bitcoindark.net

Looks like someone really wants 25 BTC worth of BitcoinDark on Bittrex right now.

forum will be done anyway, but there are some priorities that have to be done faster
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:47:10 PM

Need about two weeks

James

Guys that are smarter than you?

Impossible!

I am excited about the breakthrough Smiley keep working your magic man.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:31:51 PM

Need about two weeks

James

Guys that are smarter than you?

Impossible!

I am excited about the breakthrough Smiley keep working your magic man.
I visited MIT once and there were guys MUCH smarter than me. In an instant they solve what I struggle for many hours. So, I realized that in order to succeed I had to work hard, since there are always these really smart guys out there.

Anyway, I couldnt sleep last night after this idea flashed.
Fully decentralized, no blockchain bloat, no record on the blockchain but protected by blockchain, no long delays

Yes, it sounds like magic, but I call it Teleport

Still thinking whether to allow arbitrary denominations, there is some chance for real world intel gathering to make some correlations, but with proper automated precautions I think this is not such an issue.
http://people.csail.mit.edu/spillai/data/papers/bitcoin-transaction-graph-analysis.pdf shows the type of extent an attacker will go to deanonymize and since the data is (usually) on the blockchain forever, any small leak of info can come back to haunt you.

Now it will most likely take longer than 2 weeks to get a GUI to properly display things, but the fundamental Teleport of funds should be in testing in about two weeks, say mid August.

I think that there will be several levels of privacy that users can select, but even the most basic level will have significant advantages over other solutions. Now keep in mind that with any anon tech, if the person you are sending to is careless/malicious, then information about you is leaked. Using privacyServer can make even the person you send to not aware of who you are, but then maybe that is too private?

I have an idea using tradebots to allow for safe transition back to normal space. Of course, if you purchase something and give them your identity, then all this privacy is lost, but this is up to each user to use basic common sense.

Anyway, all these other issues are relatively minor compared to core Teleport
When the funds are Teleported, they are of a slightly new form and you can continue to Teleport it to others without any additional step, but if you want it back to normal space, then I think best to use special tradebot for this.

I hope this post not too technical.

James

mvag

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

Teleport

Best of luck and happy coding! Your excitement is contagious Smiley

Would Teleport be bound up by NXT/BCTD somehow, or would it be coin-agnostic?
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: