Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:27:18 AM

LOL perfect Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:19:32 AM

Believe it or not, I had writer's block today, on the coding side.

This is rare and usually indicates that either I am getting a cold/flu or that there are some critical issues that are unsolved and coding would just create code that needs to be redone. The subconscious is a powerful thing if you just listen to it!

After writing the draft darkpaper earlier, I guess part of me realized that I wasnt ready.

Sure enough, instead of C code, Part 2 of the darkpaper came out, with just one final appendix needed and that I am pretty sure wont block me tomorrow.

So, instead of finding out deep into the weekend, I found out today some course corrections and some additional parts that I need. Part 2 solves these issues and now I have a pretty clear path to Teleport demo, just an extra 1000 lines of code or so. So timeframe is still on track, lets estimate working transporter by next weekend and another week to transition into BTCD core. Since my code has just two well defined entry points to hook into pretty much anything, I think one week should be plenty of time for that part.

So, maybe it will be command line or ugly text form API, but I am working toward working demo two weekends from now

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:18:32 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 11:51:55 AM by crackfoo

it would appear that BTCDpool has not payed out in several days..... since the 29th.... where the heck are my 2.5 days worth of mineing....

Xpool is by far the best. Just switch there.

Thank guys. FYI, SHA256 payments look to be delayed because Cryptsy is having problems with withdraws and the SHA256 shift hasn't been processed by them yet, nearly 12 hours later.

I'm paying this out of pocket (162.17175039 BTCD) as I'm sure it will eventually get processed but I hate having shifts lingering like this.

Cheers!

http://btcd.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

Believe it or not, I had writer's block today, on the coding side.

This is rare and usually indicates that either I am getting a cold/flu or that there are some critical issues that are unsolved and coding would just create code that needs to be redone. The subconscious is a powerful thing if you just listen to it!

After writing the draft darkpaper earlier, I guess part of me realized that I wasnt ready.

Sure enough, instead of C code, Part 2 of the darkpaper came out, with just one final appendix needed and that I am pretty sure wont block me tomorrow.

So, instead of finding out deep into the weekend, I found out today some course corrections and some additional parts that I need. Part 2 solves these issues and now I have a pretty clear path to Teleport demo, just an extra 1000 lines of code or so. So timeframe is still on track, lets estimate working transporter by next weekend and another week to transition into BTCD core. Since my code has just two well defined entry points to hook into pretty much anything, I think one week should be plenty of time for that part.

So, maybe it will be command line or ugly text form API, but I am working toward working demo two weekends from now

James

I agree with Paul, the rough draft reads well and I don't have the coding experience of Paul either.  I think once the technical writer(s) and graphic artist(s) get their hands on it, the finished product will be grade A fer sure. 

Transporter by next weekend is super exciting and I can't wait.  You've also mentioned you think you ramble in this thread too much, but i totally disagree.  Your so called rambling eases people's minds, I think (it does mine anyway).  For me, it adds more trust and visibility to the equation and when none of your ideas have been released, trust and visibility go a long way.  Especially if it helps you sort things out....... ramble on dude!!!!

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:34:52 PM

I agree with clovis A., your ramblings are always a very interesting read especially for those who are curious and want to get every peace of info possible and understand more, so I guess most/all of us here Grin
ramble on..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:15:43 PM

I agree with clovis A., your ramblings are always a very interesting read especially for those who are curious and want to get every peace of info possible and understand more, so I guess most/all of us here Grin
ramble on..

All the "rambling" brings the community together as well.  The collective knowledge and excitement that result from James rambling, is shared throughout. And something that simple unites people without them necessarily even realizing it.  I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way....

And, with that, I'll cease my rambling  Smiley................ Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:17:31 PM

Maybe ask Dan Metcalf of XC to do the code review?

He did it for Keycoin and is a respected member of the community and has an impressive coding resume.

It might be hard to get him to do the review tho because he was reluctant at first to do even Keycoin's review.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:52:44 PM

ramble on..

All the "rambling" brings the community together as well.  The collective knowledge and excitement that result from James rambling, is shared throughout. And something that simple unites people without them necessarily even realizing it.  I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way....

agreed, something beautiful is happening here and I hope to stick around and get more involved with the time, who knows probably make new friends too Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

ramble on..

agreed, something beautiful is happening here and I hope to stick around and get more involved with the time, who knows probably make new friends too Cheesy

You've made one, at least

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:32:40 PM

I have been working with coinomat.com for a couple of months now.
They offer this wonderful service for directly sending crypto -> visa/mastercard
Since it is a visa/mastercard, of course there is no privacy, but still you can go directly from your wallet to your credit card

Now, they only support BTC, LTC, PPC and NXT

Well, soon they will add a fifth crypto to their supported list. Care to guess which one?
Smiley

Also, I can confirm that coinomat.com will be the company that will do the card processing for the anon card, but we really need to raise more funds!

I cannot over stress the importance of the anon card.

Let me put it this way. The anon card will be one of the recommended ways to retrieve funds out of telepods into the normal space. So, all that BTCD (and BTC and NXT) being teleported, when it finally comes out of telepods a lot of it will go through the anon card and investors in the asset will get 1% of this traffic. Now, dont raise too much, I still want to have 50% of this 1%. Since bitcoin does around $50 million per day, if just 1% of this became telepod transfers, that will be $15 million per month of overall activity, some of which will go through the anon card. I dont expect it to take more than a year for $5 million to be processed by anon card and that is the rough breakeven point.

There will be alternate paths out of hyperspace but that will only be into normal crypto space, not fiat-land. I will convert the amounts raised when BTCD price is not at depressed levels, but we really need this anon card to have a complete Teleport solution. I hope that we can reach the 25,000 BTCD level soon. It will take some time after funds are raised to have the card.

James

P.S. Plz dont pump the price, the 5% per day gains are plenty and more sustainable. I mention this right before weekend as that is usually slow time as normal pumpers seem to take the weekends off.

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:32:44 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 09:55:27 PM by clovis A.

Lol, you know you can't come with some news like that and not create a small pump. Telling cryptoholics not to pump..... yeah right.  I'm kinda surprised there still hasn't been much upward movement...... and it's been an hour since you posted.  It only took like 5 minutes for a bump last time you had good news.  

How long we talking on the coinomat card btw?

Edit: Hold off on anymore news, btcd has already become too expensive compared to the deals over the last week.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:14:15 PM

we really need this anon card to have a complete Teleport solution.

Nuff said, lets donate more, I've sent some.

Me too, just sent 25btcd to RJCzAjZMYVvqbyQHKcD7X8s61MKmaSF76p

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

Lol, you know you can't come with some news like that and not create a small pump. Telling cryptoholics not to pump..... yeah right.  I'm kinda surprised there still hasn't been much upward movement...... and it's been an hour since you posted.  It only took like 5 minutes for a bump last time you had good news.  

How long we talking on the coinomat card btw?

Edit: Hold off on anymore news, btcd has already become too expensive compared to the deals over the last week.
I have found Friday/Saturday the pumpers are offline probably at parties celebrating their weeks gains

It will take about 2 to 4 weeks AFTER the funds are raised for the anon card, to get things in place.

For the standard BTCD -> visa/mastercard support, it will be close race between that and command line Teleport

On the Teleport front, gotten some feedbacks with a few small possible weaknesses, so these of course will be patched up. The biggest danger is user carelessness and inadvertently linking telepod funds with publicly known addresses. With anon card as exit, this chance of user error goes away. I will also create safe paths into the normal crypto space.

The recommended way to fund the initial telepod (as this can also be traced) is to simply withdraw from an exchange directly to the "transporter" address or any standard mixing method is fine too. Now you could just fund it, this is actually not so bad. Its just that people will know that you put some funds into a telepod, so if you are OK with that, then no need for obscuring the funding of transporter. Also NEVER use funds in transporter address for anything other than funding creation of initial telepods. All this will be automated, but since it will be in your wallet, until we make a new wallet that just doesnt let you do that, you have to take some care. If you really need these funds, you can use the transporter to fund a telepod and use an approved withdraw method.

So, I will probably go dark (no posts!) over the weekend in a massive coding frenzy (more like debugging as almost all the code is already written) and I hope to have a working very early not user friendly at all version for testing by mid-week. Once it tests out for people other than me, wont be long to add all the error checks, etc. Thats just normal code.

So with me silent for a couple days, hopefully we will see some good bargain prices for getting more BTCD before all the press hits. After that, we could well be looking at one less "0" in the price. With all these other "promise" coins that get big valuations without any actual tech and who even knows if it actually solves the privacy requirements, well I have no idea what happens with price.

I will just keep coding. After Teleport, its back to tradebots and InstantDEX and Privatebet, so I still have lots more to do. Its a good thing MGW has had so few bugs and is taking very little of my time.

James

IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:34:18 PM

Me too, just sent 25btcd to RJCzAjZMYVvqbyQHKcD7X8s61MKmaSF76p

Just updated the page, so far there are 1362.32590027 BTCD donated

http://bitcoindark.net/anon-cards
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:22:54 AM

Is there a way where the coins generated through staking could go directly into the anon card fund?  That would be a great way for people to donate.  I would opt in to something like that if it were available in the wallet.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:33:46 AM

Are these straight donations to the anon card project, or does a donation entitle one to some future benefit, like anon card assets? Donation is fine, just checking for any fine print.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:59:07 AM

Are these straight donations to the anon card project, or does a donation entitle one to some future benefit, like anon card assets? Donation is fine, just checking for any fine print.
It is actually not a donation, but it will get you prorata share of the anon card assets. The anon card assets will be getting 1% of transaction volumes.

Just finished recoding the send side of Teleport. Even have a little genetic algo to optimize privacy. Not debugged, but I think it matches darkpaper requirements.

Now for some lunch and recoding the rematerialization side of the transporter, and destruction of the original. Can't have two Captain Kirks!

James

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:05:43 AM

It is actually not a donation, but it will get you prorata share of the anon card assets. The anon card assets will be getting 1% of transaction volumes.

Just finished recoding the send side of Teleport. Even have a little genetic algo to optimize privacy. Not debugged, but I think it matches darkpaper requirements.

Now for some lunch and recoding the rematerialization side of the transporter, and destruction of the original. Can't have two Captain Kirks!

James

am i right that btcd holders also get a % of that?
if yes would it be possible if you make a info slide with information like this?

great work! Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:19:08 AM

James

am i right that btcd holders also get a % of that?
if yes would it be possible if you make a info slide with information like this?

great work! Smiley
BTCD stakers will get 10% of InstantDEX operating budget (which is 5% of its revenues)

BTCD wont have any fees (other than normal txfee) for teleporting itself, but when BTCD Teleports BTC, then 0.1% fee goes to NXTprivacy.  BTCD stakers will get 10% of the teleport fees from other coins, with the possible exception of NXT. I am thinking maybe it gets a nice discounted teleporting fee.

It is actually 1/1024 = 0.09765625%, so a bit less than 0.1%

I dont do "info slides"

James

durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:10:18 AM

Let me be clear and catch up what is going on.

By "teleport," do you mean convert one coin to the other?

And if so, is there any way I can stake that cool idea?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: