Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:51:48 PM

I figured that.

BTW, nice weekend to be in the Muskokas Smiley

Was on P.E.I Smiley

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:02:06 AM

I figured that.

BTW, nice weekend to be in the Muskokas Smiley

Was on P.E.I Smiley

been there. gotta luv it too. Any cottage in the too hot "great white north" is nice in this heat. Tongue
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:19:32 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 02:25:58 AM by crackfoo

by the way http://btcd.xpool.ca/   doesn't work for many hours.
Also a bit worried about this. It seems shares are still being submitted as normal. Safe to assume payouts will continue as normal?
We will soon start our official pool, should be in less than 24 hours, we are curentlly testing, if you like to join just PM me or join me on skype, my id is theXpooky
So does this mean the the work that has been put in over the past could of days has been for nothing? Or can we still assume to be paid?
if you mean for the xpool.ca that pool was not owned by bitcoindark but i assume you will get paid, also account that xpool pays for weekend shifts in monday.

Just an update about btcd.xpool.ca , the issue is only on the front end. A few corrupt historical stats are causing the issue. Mining and current round is unaffected. I've been away at a cottage since last week but am home now and will finish and pay out all shares, and reset stats.

The front end should be avail a bit later.

Cheers!

The front end is back up. Stats have been reset, I had to end the weekend shift early and has now been paid. Here are the details which I'll re-import all the previous shifts after tomorrows shift has finished.

I would do it now, but I want the system to regenerate the shift tables so it's created properly, then I can simply add the old data back in.

Scrypt = 98.13671367 BTCD
SHA256 = 89.13513034 BTCD
X11 = 14.00782201

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:35:01 AM

I have made some market rate exchanges to make sharkfund0 (asset 3006420581923704757) a one stop purchase that will benefit from Teleport

The following numbers are not 100%, I am rounding, but they are pretty close. I wont bother with <10 BTC holdings, such as FIM, NAS, NTX, etc.

sharkfund0 major holdings:

BTCD 10% ~$240K
NXT 0.4% ~$150K
InstantDEX 10% ~$100K
NXTprivacy 20% ~$70K
JLH 10% ~$70K
coinomat(1) 20% ~$50K
XCP 0.5% ~$25K
BBR 10% ~$16K

~$721K / 1415 sharkfund0 assets = ~510 USD -> 14166 NXT
I dont expect to be making many changes to the portfolio for a while and I will announce any such changes. With the above figures anybody should be able to get a pretty good NAV calculation done. I will put some assets for sale and if they sell out, I will make some more available, but maybe with the portfolio composition public info, a reasonably efficient market will form?

I will make available NAV bids for those that need some liquidity if the free market isnt being efficient enough

James

P.S. Yes, sharkfund0 has 120,000 BTCD and is most likely one of the largest BTCD hodlers. It is like an open ended mutual fund and I think it is the NXT asset with the largest trading volume and a pretty widely held asset.

No XNF?

why on earth would I have XNF? fractional reserve with precious metals that might or might not be there? I didnt understand it when they launched it on ripple, I still dont understand it

Anyway, I wanted sharkfund0 to benefit as directly from Teleport's world domination, so of course lots of BTCD, InstantDEX and NXTprivacy, but also coinomat is going to do a lot of processing. XCP I couldnt figure out how to get it from the burn address to an exchange without doing their horrible all day install and I didnt have time to fiddle with that. BBR is best cryptonote at bargain 10:1 ratio against XMR, so it is nice thing to have. And JLH just to have a broadspectrum holding to smooth things out.

I think overall the mix is pretty good and should provide a reasonably balanced price action. It is up 40% since late May when I first issued it, but of course no promises of such crazy good gains moving forward. It is a quite big fund with ~1500 assets, so over 20 million NXT worth. It can be purchased in .0001 amounts so even 1.4 NXT can get some sharkfund0

James

P.S. nobody is surprised I have so much BTCD? Cost me 100+ BTC, actually closer to 200 BTC so this is a significant investment of my capital and not to mention my time. You can say I am FULLY motivated to make BTCD have as much value as possible. I wonder how many other coin devs have put so much into their coin? I was willing to put so much in because I trust the dev to deliver the tech he is talking about Smiley

Good point on XNF. I can't find any audits or anything.

Is there a NXT asset for BTCD so I can purchase some on the AE? I can't seem to find one. Shark fund is quite a bit above my current NXT balance level to even get a handful of shares.

As soon as I get Teleport into testing I will get mgwBTCD live on NXT AE

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:40:12 AM

P.S. nobody is surprised I have so much BTCD? Cost me 100+ BTC, actually closer to 200 BTC so this is a significant investment of my capital and not to mention my time. You can say I am FULLY motivated to make BTCD have as much value as possible. I wonder how many other coin devs have put so much into their coin? I was willing to put so much in because I trust the dev to deliver the tech he is talking about Smiley

I'm not surprised at all, but I do find it very comforting that a developer is willing to put his own money on the line for a project.  I'm quite confident you will deliver too, but knowing you have a significant vested interest certainly increases my confidence to invest.  It should do for others too.  

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:42:42 AM

And this boys and girls is the reason why BTCD will go places. I have invested pretty much 60% of my online BTC assets on this coin.

I dont mind that i purchased at 500k+ and 400k+ and 300k+ and 200k+ and 100k+ because if the dev is so heavily invested in the coin he will be doing everything in his power not to lose the BTC+time he has put in.

There are really only a few developers as dedicated as James  Smiley (Side note what happened to NXTventure just realised i bought in at 33 lol)

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:03:28 AM

And this boys and girls is the reason why BTCD will go places. I have invested pretty much 60% of my online BTC assets on this coin.

I dont mind that i purchased at 500k+ and 400k+ and 300k+ and 200k+ and 100k+ because if the dev is so heavily invested in the coin he will be doing everything in his power not to lose the BTC+time he has put in.

There are really only a few developers as dedicated as James  Smiley (Side note what happened to NXTventure just realised i bought in at 33 lol)
Thanks for the support!

We are all in the same boat and I am an investor that also happens to be a coder too. The BTCD team is still very small, much smaller than it will be, so that means there are many spots open for many people to be part of this, from the ground floor. If everybody did what they can to help, then nothing can stop BTCD from top 10.

Actually I have slightly higher goals, but I am not 100% sure of achieving them so I dont make it public

As far as NXTventure goes, it has some rough spots, but I am doing what I can to fix it. Once the crypto economy gets rolling, there will be plenty of companies wanting to sell assets. I think what I did for HRNXTpool is a good example that NXTventure being involved really maximizes the results for everybody. So, while I am not satisfied with NXTventure performance these first months, long term, I still envision a regular stream of offerings and the dividends from them. I think with the position NXTventure is in, it will get the pick of the top assets to offer.  So again HODL is the recommendation Smiley

James

bitranger

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:20:48 AM

I have made some market rate exchanges to make sharkfund0 (asset 3006420581923704757) a one stop purchase that will benefit from Teleport

The following numbers are not 100%, I am rounding, but they are pretty close. I wont bother with <10 BTC holdings, such as FIM, NAS, NTX, etc.

sharkfund0 major holdings:

BTCD 10% ~$240K
NXT 0.4% ~$150K
InstantDEX 10% ~$100K
NXTprivacy 20% ~$70K
JLH 10% ~$70K
coinomat(1) 20% ~$50K
XCP 0.5% ~$25K
BBR 10% ~$16K

~$721K / 1415 sharkfund0 assets = ~510 USD -> 14166 NXT
I dont expect to be making many changes to the portfolio for a while and I will announce any such changes. With the above figures anybody should be able to get a pretty good NAV calculation done. I will put some assets for sale and if they sell out, I will make some more available, but maybe with the portfolio composition public info, a reasonably efficient market will form?

I will make available NAV bids for those that need some liquidity if the free market isnt being efficient enough

James

P.S. Yes, sharkfund0 has 120,000 BTCD and is most likely one of the largest BTCD hodlers. It is like an open ended mutual fund and I think it is the NXT asset with the largest trading volume and a pretty widely held asset.

No XNF?

why on earth would I have XNF? fractional reserve with precious metals that might or might not be there? I didnt understand it when they launched it on ripple, I still dont understand it

Anyway, I wanted sharkfund0 to benefit as directly from Teleport's world domination, so of course lots of BTCD, InstantDEX and NXTprivacy, but also coinomat is going to do a lot of processing. XCP I couldnt figure out how to get it from the burn address to an exchange without doing their horrible all day install and I didnt have time to fiddle with that. BBR is best cryptonote at bargain 10:1 ratio against XMR, so it is nice thing to have. And JLH just to have a broadspectrum holding to smooth things out.

I think overall the mix is pretty good and should provide a reasonably balanced price action. It is up 40% since late May when I first issued it, but of course no promises of such crazy good gains moving forward. It is a quite big fund with ~1500 assets, so over 20 million NXT worth. It can be purchased in .0001 amounts so even 1.4 NXT can get some sharkfund0

James

I really respect you James and have bought many assets on NXT because of it!.But i am also a owner Of XNF and am at a lose for words when you say you don't understand it!!??

It's one of the simplest ones  out there to figure out and is run by a really sharp and honest group of folks!..Just email them anytime and they can explain the whole business to you in under 5 minutes...
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:20:20 AM

It's one of the simplest ones  out there to figure out and is run by a really sharp and honest group of folks!..Just email them anytime and they can explain the whole business to you in under 5 minutes...
when it first came out on ripple, it was backed by 30% so it just seemed like a fractional reserve thing. I havent researched it and maybe this is different now. I just didnt understand why people would buy an asset that was only 30% backed by gold, when they could just buy gold.

My impression is from last winter, so certainly a lot could have changed. I just not into passive assets so much

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:27:45 AM

A bit off topic but I had a look at NXF.

This might sound stupid because it probably is but here goes.

Why would you have 2 prices? 1 for the base metal/coin and 1 that is the market price.

If someone was to buy at market price why would they ever trade in the NXF to redeem the base metal when it is a lot higher to buy the NXF? Wouldnt they just sell it on the market then buy the metal themselves?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:28:55 AM

Had to spend hours fiddling with one of the MGW servers that required support tickers, restarting things, restarting things again, etc. So, hard to concentrate on coding.

But, I did make some progress. The scrubbing of the public key worked very well, so now only onetime throwaway keypair
And this worked using 127.0.0.1 as the privacyServer!
It is very confusing with the same computer being both the sender, receiver AND privacyServer, but all the encrypting, decrypting worked and it got to where it complained about lack of telepods to teleport.

That's because I totally changed the file format and need to just generate some new ones. With so much new code, it takes me a while to switch gears to debugging mode, which is totally different than coding mode, at least for me.

I also got it so that the "pubaddr" field in the .conf file is used to autogenerate a NXT acct and also all local commands that need to be tokenized. This really helps as I used to have to pass in the accountsecret through layers and layers of code and now it is just provided when needed.

I also verified the multisig deconstruction/reconstruction is working and that yesterday's cipher sequence JSON is being parsed properly. So, no actual teleport yet, but progress in various areas.

James

P.S. I am also figuring out how to make it painful for other coins to just fork Teleport. Let's just say that some unexpected things could very well happen and I wont be responsible for any lost funds. If other coins want Teleport, they should just work with BTCD, the fee is very low and reasonable.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:30:45 AM

A bit off topic but I had a look at NXF.

This might sound stupid because it probably is but here goes.

Why would you have 2 prices? 1 for the base metal/coin and 1 that is the market price.

If someone was to buy at market price why would they ever trade in the NXF to redeem the base metal when it is a lot higher to buy the NXF? Wouldnt they just sell it on the market then buy the metal themselves?
See, its not just me, confusing.
It sounds like partial backing, so what is all the premium for? What if the market demand disappears? Arent people just paying double what they need to?
That's what I dont understand and I dont have time to go any further, there are plenty of assets I understand. Maybe this sort of thing is what you want, that's ok. Just dont try to convince me

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:07:30 AM

It seems that AES totally winning the poll, so I think it is safe to default to that method.
You can always change it to any of the others and even do one after another after another.

So, now I want to do a new poll. Not sure if you know about BCNext and how he injected some flaws into the NXT code. People that just forked it would end up with a dead coin within a day. Since I am being very open to share Teleport tech with other coins for a small fee, I dont think it is so bad to do what BCNext did.

I came up with a way make it so that if anybody just blindly forks it, well, I wont be held responsible where their telepods end up. Now if they took the time to understand the 40,000 lines of code I wrote, then they could probably work around it, but I could get pretty clever in making the flaw virtually impossible to detect. They would have to be as good a coder as me to detect it. I call this the "teleport disruptor"

I would like a poll on whether to inject the teleport disruptor or not. Of course the BTCD Teleport will work fine, it would just be any other coin that attempts to take the BTCD's rightful spot as supreme teleporter of other coins, well you've seen the results of transporter accidents? Not a pretty thing. The scary thing for any that would attempt to do this is that it would appear to work fine for a while, so it probably wont happen during testing, but after they go live. Maybe it is even remotely triggered

They could just write something from scratch using the DarkPaper as reference.
Or they could just let BTCD teleport their coin for 1/1024'th fee

What do you think?

James

P.S. I wouldnt feel right in actually pushing the destruct button, so if we do this, I need some ruthless guy who wouldnt have a problem triggering the teleport disruptor on another coin.

xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:19:14 AM

It seems that AES totally winning the poll, so I think it is safe to default to that method.
You can always change it to any of the others and even do one after another after another.

So, now I want to do a new poll. Not sure if you know about BCNext and how he injected some flaws into the NXT code. People that just forked it would end up with a dead coin within a day. Since I am being very open to share Teleport tech with other coins for a small fee, I dont think it is so bad to do what BCNext did.

I came up with a way make it so that if anybody just blindly forks it, well, I wont be held responsible where their telepods end up. Now if they took the time to understand the 40,000 lines of code I wrote, then they could probably work around it, but I could get pretty clever in making the flaw virtually impossible to detect. They would have to be as good a coder as me to detect it. I call this the "teleport disruptor"

I would like a poll on whether to inject the teleport disruptor or not. Of course the BTCD Teleport will work fine, it would just be any other coin that attempts to take the BTCD's rightful spot as supreme teleporter of other coins, well you've seen the results of transporter accidents? Not a pretty thing. The scary thing for any that would attempt to do this is that it would appear to work fine for a while, so it probably wont happen during testing, but after they go live. Maybe it is even remotely triggered

What do you think?

James

P.S. I wouldnt feel right in actually pushing the destruct button, so if we do this, I need some ruthless guy who wouldnt have a problem triggering the teleport disruptor on another coin.

With the mass copy and paste "devs" out there, I say implement it.  I am more than willing to pull the trigger on any "dev" that tries to claim this technology.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:28:57 AM

Yes James, implement the 'anti cloning' feature. It will safeguard the investment of people. Also, in due time you could decide to help other coins 'for free' or open source Teleport completely, but for now in these early development stages the copyright to this new technology will help the btcd platform to really stand above the rest.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:29:19 AM

What do you think?

James

With the mass copy and paste "devs" out there, I say implement it.  I am more than willing to pull the trigger on any "dev" that tries to claim this technology.
I think you need some sort of scary nickname!

Let's wait for the poll to confirm we are not in a pacifist community. I dont mind devs that add value, but cut and pasters, well they kind of make me upset.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:38:54 AM

Yes James, implement the 'anti cloning' feature. It will safeguard the investment of people. Also, in due time you could decide to help other coins 'for free' or open source Teleport completely, but for now in these early development stages the copyright to this new technology will help the btcd platform to really stand above the rest.
I will be very helpful to coins that join the BTCD super network. With proper structuring of incentives, it is quite possible that a coin can get enough credits so that it covers their teleporting fees. After all, if a coin's network is bringing in lots of InstantDEX commissions, then the money is flowing into BTCD stakers, so we can give them credits against teleport fees.

Other possibilities too, but I want it to be clear that working with BTCD is much better option for other coins. They get to jump start things and it might even effectively be free, or they could even just make more revenue sharing than they are charged. This is what I expect to happen with NXT, so NXT nodes will probably end up with some sort of bonus.

I havent spent much time on the business model, but I am confident I can create a nice revenue stream for other coins and thus for BTCD stakers too. After all, BTCD will have quite an advanced monetization system in place and just allowing other coins to share in that is worth much more than their trying to clone Teleporting.

James

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:43:28 AM

Good point on XNF. I can't find any audits or anything.

Is there a NXT asset for BTCD so I can purchase some on the AE? I can't seem to find one. Shark fund is quite a bit above my current NXT balance level to even get a handful of shares.

As soon as I get Teleport into testing I will get mgwBTCD live on NXT AE

Does this mean BTCD <--> NXT will be a go?  (sorry, I have not used the mgw)
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:48:50 AM

New poll up!

Please vote
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:57:59 AM

What do you think?

James

I think you need some sort of scary nickname!

Let's wait for the poll to confirm we are not in a pacifist community. I dont mind devs that add value, but cut and pasters, well they kind of make me upset.

James

New nickname?  Hmmm something scary, Tony Stewart?
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: