Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:19:02 AM

A cool name for the teleport disruptor : Ultima Ratio (regum)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ultima+ratio+regum

-Last method
-The final argument
-The last resort (as force)    

The last resort. Short form for the metaphor "The Last Resort of Kings and Common Men" referring to the act of declaring war; used in the names the French sniper rifle PGM Ultima Ratio and the fictional Reason weapon system. Louis XIV of France had Ultima Ratio Regum ("last argument of kings") cast on the cannons of his armies; motto of the 1st Battalion 11th Marines; motto of the Artilleriregementet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:58:12 AM

It seems that AES totally winning the poll, so I think it is safe to default to that method.
You can always change it to any of the others and even do one after another after another.

So, now I want to do a new poll. Not sure if you know about BCNext and how he injected some flaws into the NXT code. People that just forked it would end up with a dead coin within a day. Since I am being very open to share Teleport tech with other coins for a small fee, I dont think it is so bad to do what BCNext did.

I came up with a way make it so that if anybody just blindly forks it, well, I wont be held responsible where their telepods end up. Now if they took the time to understand the 40,000 lines of code I wrote, then they could probably work around it, but I could get pretty clever in making the flaw virtually impossible to detect. They would have to be as good a coder as me to detect it. I call this the "teleport disruptor"

I would like a poll on whether to inject the teleport disruptor or not. Of course the BTCD Teleport will work fine, it would just be any other coin that attempts to take the BTCD's rightful spot as supreme teleporter of other coins, well you've seen the results of transporter accidents? Not a pretty thing. The scary thing for any that would attempt to do this is that it would appear to work fine for a while, so it probably wont happen during testing, but after they go live. Maybe it is even remotely triggered

They could just write something from scratch using the DarkPaper as reference.
Or they could just let BTCD teleport their coin for 1/1024'th fee

What do you think?

James

P.S. I wouldnt feel right in actually pushing the destruct button, so if we do this, I need some ruthless guy who wouldnt have a problem triggering the teleport disruptor on another coin.

ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:02:39 AM

If your code is open source, people will find a way around and fork. Just as you mentioned, only cut-and-pasters will be stopped.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:29:25 AM

james make great work.
alxx77

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:30:37 AM

How about Dark Boobie Traps...?  Grin

Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:41:53 AM

Lurker here. I'm so glad I took the dark-pill a few weeks ago. I can finally sleep, thank you.
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:44:44 AM

I have some questions for jl777/dev team;

i'm currently involved (hodling) a lot of coins for special tech/upcoming features; as you imagine i bought many btcd and keep hodling.

what prevents me from buying more is the fact that only anon through teleport + "nxt-like" interface (instadex is that if i understand it right) is planned so far; when exiting/promising stuff is also (i think) peering finance and decentralized "everything" - so storage. (not saying that anon is not important huh; but as an investor and jl777 plan I assume the community don't need to discuss too much about this; except for specific problems to come like dev team did with the encryption poll)

the roadmap until teleport/instadex etc is great; but hodling means long term; ur coding fast and it seems that people/the market love that; i'd love to see the community discussions oriented on the stuff to work on after anon implementation.

so maybe could i throw those questions now  Grin

after teleports; will you keep achieving what the community wants or will you choose the projects you will be working on ?

do you think you are capable doing "any" projects which could come from the community; and is that your plan ?

what's your opinion (if you have one) on counterparty platform; swarm project and storj/cloudcoin ?

Can we make an evolutive roadmap for a longer timeframe; obv subject to changes; but to keep checking what the community wants to use their btcd; and for the fellow hodlers to decide earlier if they want to keep hodling or diversify because the roadmap wouldn't fit their needs (i have in mind that crypto investment are mainly short term because of that lack of informations considering real future in years rather than weeks/months; if I invest in google i can check what are their plans/research fields etc way ahead)

I'm a bit like jl777 when he says he's not a very good trader; my strategy is more to buy low only than sell high and ping pong shit.

Having that kind of roadmap with the active communication of devs; i'd consider going more into btcd; and maybe i'm not alone.

So my longterm roadmap would be :

instadex
teleport anon feats: estimated release : end of september ? who cares :d (yaaay)
peering finance: creating assets with dividends in instadex on btcd blockchain: estimated release : no estimate < 8months
decentralized hosting: rent your hdd space for btcd: estimated release : no estimate <1 year
DAO: discuss the shit out of the DAO principle and make DAO management possible and noobproof/real life-ready: release date : none

i throw that as an example; so at this point we would be debating/discussing about peering finanace/decentralized hosting or DAO implementation while dev team would be finishing instadex/teleport; before release we would answer a poll with projects on the big roadmap listed asking what people want to see first in that map. idk how it worked but i remember some coins with voting features; voting wasn't really easy.

I recently voted in a poll for swarm through counterparty and it was easy as fuck : receive vote (token); send to 1yes 2no 3idk; done. maybe could we have a easy way to officially vote through btcd; and not using a 1337 forum like we're doing now Cheesy (btcd itself could be a dao maybe?  Grin)

tl;dr: i would like to see a bigger picture of btcd when reading the roadmap; implying community discussion and dev opinion (if the communication remains of that quality; that could be easily done) !

keep up the great work; some people are already of hodling that coin  Cheesy don't read me wrong : I just want btcd to improve; so i'm not criticizing for fun  Kiss
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

Updated OP!

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW
Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:01:58 AM

Updated OP!

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

25 BTCD underway, I'll donate some more when my salary arrives!
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:06:23 AM

Updated OP!

25 BTCD underway, I'll donate some more when my salary arrives!

Awesome, thanks.

Donations will be integrated into the website with an updated total count.  In the meantime, I'll give manual updates.

Thanks guys, donations are critical at this juncture!
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

Voted.
I'm getting a couple of cryptographer friends to look over the darkpaper. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback. Like 'ok, my job just got a lot harder.'
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:28:34 AM

Voted.
I'm getting a couple of cryptographer friends to look over the darkpaper. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback. Like 'ok, my job just got a lot harder.'

That would be very cool  Smiley
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:08:35 AM

It seems that AES totally winning the poll, so I think it is safe to default to that method.
You can always change it to any of the others and even do one after another after another.

So, now I want to do a new poll. Not sure if you know about BCNext and how he injected some flaws into the NXT code. People that just forked it would end up with a dead coin within a day. Since I am being very open to share Teleport tech with other coins for a small fee, I dont think it is so bad to do what BCNext did.

I came up with a way make it so that if anybody just blindly forks it, well, I wont be held responsible where their telepods end up. Now if they took the time to understand the 40,000 lines of code I wrote, then they could probably work around it, but I could get pretty clever in making the flaw virtually impossible to detect. They would have to be as good a coder as me to detect it. I call this the "teleport disruptor"

I would like a poll on whether to inject the teleport disruptor or not. Of course the BTCD Teleport will work fine, it would just be any other coin that attempts to take the BTCD's rightful spot as supreme teleporter of other coins, well you've seen the results of transporter accidents? Not a pretty thing. The scary thing for any that would attempt to do this is that it would appear to work fine for a while, so it probably wont happen during testing, but after they go live. Maybe it is even remotely triggered

They could just write something from scratch using the DarkPaper as reference.
Or they could just let BTCD teleport their coin for 1/1024'th fee

What do you think?

James

P.S. I wouldnt feel right in actually pushing the destruct button, so if we do this, I need some ruthless guy who wouldnt have a problem triggering the teleport disruptor on another coin.

With the mass copy and paste "devs" out there, I say implement it.  I am more than willing to pull the trigger on any "dev" that tries to claim this technology.
I think you need some sort of scary nickname!

Let's wait for the poll to confirm we are not in a pacifist community. I dont mind devs that add value, but cut and pasters, well they kind of make me upset.

James

New nickname?  Hmmm something scary, Tony Stewart?

Aww- that's fucked up, but I'm with ya. BTW, Rest In Peace Kevin Ward Jr. Sorry to get off-topic.
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:19:45 AM

I can help with transcription of the darkpaper into LaTeX format if wanted. That would make the paper look somehow scientific...
Also I can do some of the designs in a vector graphics format if wanted.

Just PM me some of the devs if that help is appreciated.
darylluke

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:26:03 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 12:20:51 PM by darylluke

Just an idea here, but I DO believe it holds merit for consideration.
***(Independent verified audit: BTCD assets)

A few weeks ago Sync Foundations announced and Independent Lawfirm review. I am no legal eagle, but it sounded like a true independent audit. On PAGE 160 here James listed assets, then added more info on how complex this coin is getting to achieve the stated result(s). I propose we do the same thing with our coin. From what I read here,it seems to me just on asset-basis, our coin is undervalued by at least 1/10 right now! So, there is James reason to believe we will be in TOP-10. But, when other coins implement our technology, the streams of revenues from what,over 5 sources, will be unimaginable to me after 12 months!! I actually see a 1:1 ratio with BITCOIN at some point. Probably 12-24 month window is very realistic, imho & from my simple perspective.

I just wish I could do more. I was asked to help here, but I failed. The man I was asked to contact simply replied,
"I may answer the email after 3-4 months". So, I tried, but failed because we needed a much more timely response from him regarding our coin devel0pment's Black Paper.The reply was received from a friend who knew how to contact the man, so I know he never gave the reason for my wanting to contact him in the first place.

I am 53 with a family.Times are horrific for us here.Fired almost 3 yrs ago w/ no job prospects nor any benefits, so you may be able to imagine. I am blessed and grateful to my landlord to be so patient with us.YES, there are good people out there in the world. I only mention these things to highlight what motivation I do have here. I want to help, but don't know what I can do of any merit worth anything. My online time is nearly like James'. I have been ripped off so many times trying to make some sort of income online it makes me sick just thinking about it!! I can easily dedicate 10 hours a day to this coin. But, I have no tech skills. Just honesty, integrity, perseverance and a fighting spirit.This IS an uphill battle after all, isn't it?

Sincerely,
~darylluke.
darylluke

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:31:30 AM

Shocked  90.9% Favor the TELEPORT DISRUPTOR!!  Shocked
MuFaza

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:43:07 AM

I have some questions for jl777/dev team;

i'm currently involved (hodling) a lot of coins for special tech/upcoming features; as you imagine i bought many btcd and keep hodling.

what prevents me from buying more is the fact that only anon through teleport + "nxt-like" interface (instadex is that if i understand it right) is planned so far; when exiting/promising stuff is also (i think) peering finance and decentralized "everything" - so storage. (not saying that anon is not important huh; but as an investor and jl777 plan I assume the community don't need to discuss too much about this; except for specific problems to come like dev team did with the encryption poll)

the roadmap until teleport/instadex etc is great; but hodling means long term; ur coding fast and it seems that people/the market love that; i'd love to see the community discussions oriented on the stuff to work on after anon implementation.

so maybe could i throw those questions now  Grin

after teleports; will you keep achieving what the community wants or will you choose the projects you will be working on ?

do you think you are capable doing "any" projects which could come from the community; and is that your plan ?

what's your opinion (if you have one) on counterparty platform; swarm project and storj/cloudcoin ?

Can we make an evolutive roadmap for a longer timeframe; obv subject to changes; but to keep checking what the community wants to use their btcd; and for the fellow hodlers to decide earlier if they want to keep hodling or diversify because the roadmap wouldn't fit their needs (i have in mind that crypto investment are mainly short term because of that lack of informations considering real future in years rather than weeks/months; if I invest in google i can check what are their plans/research fields etc way ahead)

I'm a bit like jl777 when he says he's not a very good trader; my strategy is more to buy low only than sell high and ping pong shit.

Having that kind of roadmap with the active communication of devs; i'd consider going more into btcd; and maybe i'm not alone.

So my longterm roadmap would be :

instadex
teleport anon feats: estimated release : end of september ? who cares :d (yaaay)
peering finance: creating assets with dividends in instadex on btcd blockchain: estimated release : no estimate < 8months
decentralized hosting: rent your hdd space for btcd: estimated release : no estimate <1 year
DAO: discuss the shit out of the DAO principle and make DAO management possible and noobproof/real life-ready: release date : none

i throw that as an example; so at this point we would be debating/discussing about peering finanace/decentralized hosting or DAO implementation while dev team would be finishing instadex/teleport; before release we would answer a poll with projects on the big roadmap listed asking what people want to see first in that map. idk how it worked but i remember some coins with voting features; voting wasn't really easy.

I recently voted in a poll for swarm through counterparty and it was easy as fuck : receive vote (token); send to 1yes 2no 3idk; done. maybe could we have a easy way to officially vote through btcd; and not using a 1337 forum like we're doing now Cheesy (btcd itself could be a dao maybe?  Grin)

tl;dr: i would like to see a bigger picture of btcd when reading the roadmap; implying community discussion and dev opinion (if the communication remains of that quality; that could be easily done) !

keep up the great work; some people are already of hodling that coin  Cheesy don't read me wrong : I just want btcd to improve; so i'm not criticizing for fun  Kiss

You forgot the huge value-adding feature: debit card program.

You can find more information from http://nxtprivacy.org/ and coinomat.com

If I understood correctly James has plans for a long time
hepilord

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:05:22 PM

xpool works?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:13:03 PM

xpool works?

Yes btcd.xpool.ca does. I posted a msg a page or two back.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:34:00 PM

Panic buying ?

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: