Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:03:57 AM

Seeing how I pointed out the PoS flaw - lol

i don't understand, what have you pointed out?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:24:09 AM

Mangled Blue, I know you missed the BTCD PoW train.
Now sit back in your losses and relax.  Grin

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:30:24 AM

better pray for santa than holding this coin.

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:31:23 AM

So here's a great example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694436.0

ALL POS coin people should read this

better read the comments below the article.

O_o
TheWhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:48:50 AM

....crickets....

I don't think anyone will take you seriously with darkcoin all over your signature. You just look like a troll who's grumpy at more superior anon tech than 'dark send'.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:54:16 AM

The nested encryption will not be easily cracked even if somebody had access to the packets at the router level. They would need access to all the privacyServers in the path and the destination computer. Basically short of an incredible amount of password stealing, not very possible. Especially as we gain more and more nodes as each packet will take a randomized path to the destination and enough of the multisig packets need to be captured and decrypted. Each one being encrypted with a different onetime keypay and nested

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:57:06 AM

....crickets....

I don't think anyone will take you seriously with darkcoin all over your signature. You just look like a troll who's grumpy at more superior anon tech than 'dark send'.
his investors take him seriously.
Didn't you see his gifs?
great influence, such investments, much profits, wow!

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:58:14 AM

The nested encryption will not be easily cracked even if somebody had access to the packets at the router level. They would need access to all the privacyServers in the path and the destination computer. Basically short of an incredible amount of password stealing, not very possible. Especially as we gain more and more nodes as each packet will take a randomized path to the destination and enough of the multisig packets need to be captured and decrypted. Each one being encrypted with a different onetime keypay and nested

James
What you wrote is about btcd or all altcoins in general?

thanks

O_o
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:59:08 AM

@Mangled Blue - Alrighty, care to go back to your DRK thread and check in later?

This coin is going nowhere but up, enjoy spectating.
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:59:47 AM

You still have time before this BitCoinDark completes it's Pump & Dump

you still have time too...

O_o
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:03:46 AM

It seem a DRK troll is polluting our thread with weak non-fact based attempts at FUD.
In general 51% of a coin's marketcap is worth far more than 51% of hashing power costs. The former is what is needed to control a PoS coin and the latter a PoW coin. With bitcoin itself constantly in danger of being 51% attacked, this is about the weakest attempt at an attack again a PoS coin I have seen in a while.

Now there are certainly some weaknesses with PoS, as there are weaknesses with PoW. Basically nothing is perfect and the more nodes a network has, the stronger it will be. NXT has a very advanced PoS algorithm that has been designed to withstand all the known PoS attacks and while there are still some theoretical possibilities against it, even Vitalik Buterin admits that NXT PoS is pretty good and a very practical solution. I think there is a very real chance for etherium to be PoS.

Now for a small coin, PoS or PoW, really doesnt matter. Any coin can be attacked, even bitcoin, but of course it will take quite a bit of power to go after the bitcoin network. With Teleport that is what needs to be brought down to stop Teleports as it will be supporting Teleporting Bitcoin and wont even use the BTCD blockchain for that. So, clearly our DRK troll is reading challenged and has not met our pirates.

James

P.S. I used to own over 1% of DRK. Now I have 10 DRK left in an old wallet that has a hard time syncing up, but what do I know about crypto? Our DRK troll is clearly smarter than me and Vitalik put together, or maybe he is just clueless and worried that a mixing type of solution to anon is not really a solution at all.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:04:19 AM

James
What you wrote is about btcd or all altcoins in general?

thanks
BTCD

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:46:11 AM

Hi All,

I would really like to know if this coin is genuine or not!

I have been reading of a lot of positives of this coin, but have seen a similar stream of criticism as well. I know that this is a DRK competitor and the DRK community is pretty fierce when it comes to defending DRK, but really got to know if this coin is worth investing in for now.

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:54:38 AM

Hi All,

I would really like to know if this coin is genuine or not!

I have been reading of a lot of positives of this coin, but have seen a similar stream of criticism as well. I know that this is a DRK competitor and the DRK community is pretty fierce when it comes to defending DRK, but really got to know if this coin is worth investing in for now.

If you read the darkpaper (link from OP) and last dozen or so pages of the thread, you'll get a good idea of what's going on.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:01:20 AM

Got the multisig to properly reassemble the fragments, but only in some cases, so I must have some data going to the wrong places. So many tricky data conversions and they all have to be perfect. And this is all inside the nested encryption that is standard for all the packets. I had to implement most of the public address handling. Basically you pick some address with nothing in it and use that for your public address. I only tested using BTCD addresses, but it also supports NXT and BTC addresses to use as your public address. This becomes like a "post office box" and people teleport to that address, though it doesnt actually go to that address, the telepods materialize in your local hard drive.

I tested 2 of 3 and even 100 of 254. You dont want to see the printout for the second test run!
So, that was about the most work ever to send my self 25 cents, but it is all using the same networked encryption comms so as long as there are published public addresses and pubkeys, it shouldnt be too much to debug comms between nodes. The fact that it worked in some cases means things are really close, you dont want to know how complicated the multisig turned out to be to implement. Things are always tens times more work when you get into it than at first looking at it from a distance.

Painstaking work, but somebody's got to do it. Fixing many little unrelated bugs along the way, so the code base is firming up. Anyway, the basic question as to whether multisig will work, the answer is confirmed as it is down to just debugging the data flow and the basic multisig algorithm has been tested in the teleport framework. I did test it in isolation before I even started to think about doing this, but it is always good to see it working in a much more complicated setup

Now a bit more bugfixing and the third onion layer and local encryption of files are the only loose ends.

James

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:10:51 AM

I guess I'm done here.

How true!

O_o
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:16:39 AM

Fixed!
Just got 100 of 254 to work!!
As I expected, it was simple problem.

So this is really big step as once I get some different test nodes, we can bounce around these fragments all around the network, will be like a snowstorm when all the nodes are sending (and routing) to all the other nodes! You need the snowflakes from the sender to reassemble the original, but the attacker only sees everybody sending encrypted packets to each other.

Ideally, each node is sending the same amount of packet traffic to every other node. I will try to come up with a way to dynamically balance the M of N factor to achieve something close to this.

The Teleport network will be like white noise to any attacker

James

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:18:33 AM

It seem a DRK troll is polluting our thread with weak non-fact based attempts at FUD.
In general 51% of a coin's marketcap is worth far more than 51% of hashing power costs. MARKET CAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A COINS HASING POWER ! ! The former is what is needed to control a PoS coin and the latter a PoW coin. OH MY GOD! REALLY? IF I GET 51% OF THIS COIN, AS A WHOLE, I COULD DESTROY IT ! ! With bitcoin itself constantly in danger of being 51% attacked ONLY IF YOU HAVE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT DOLLARS TO WASTE, AKA A GOV, this is about the weakest attempt at an attack again a PoS coin I have seen in a while. YOU MUST BE VERY EXPERIENCED IN SHITCOINS AND POS PUMP AND DUMPS - is this Bob?

Now there are certainly some weaknesses with PoS, NO FUCKING SHIT - as there are weaknesses with PoW GOT THAT MANY RIGS? MAYBE YOU HAVE A FARM? MAYBE A FARM IN SWEEDEN? MAYBE RIPPED OF A FEW ASIC PRE-ORDERS? SAID YOU WHERE GONNA TEST BEFORE YOU SHIPPED?. Basically nothing is perfect THIS SURE HELL ISN'T and the more nodes a network has, the stronger it will be. THERE YA GO - BOOST THE MORAL. THE MORE WE HAVE THE HARDER WE FALL NXT has a very advanced PoS algorithm YOU ARE NOT NXT - OH WAIT - DID YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU COPY AND PASTE NXT? - OH NOW THAT AWESOME STUFF- KEEP GOING - that has been designed to withstand all the known PoS attacks THE WORDS DESIGNED TO DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING - I CAN DESIGN A LOT OF THINGS, DOES NOT MEAN IT ACTUALLY WORKS and while there are still some theoretical possibilities against it, OH I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CONTINUED READING - SORRY - even Vitalik Buterin admits that NXT PoS is pretty good PRETTY GOOD IS NOT GONNA CUT IT IN THE REAL WORLD FOLKS !! and a very practical solution. I think there is a very real chance for etherium to be PoS. OH GOD FORBID YOU HAD TO GO THERE - WHY NOT JUST MAKE YOUR COIN A VACUUM THAT SUCKS THE COINS OUT - MAYBE AN INVERSE PoS

Now for a small coin, PoS or PoW, really doesnt matter. YEA IT KINDA DOES Any coin can be attacked, WELL NO SHIT even bitcoin, but of course it will take quite a bit of power BETTER TO SAY - MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT to go after the bitcoin network. With Teleport that is what needs to be brought down to stop Teleports as it will be supporting Teleporting Bitcoin and wont even use the BTCD blockchain for that. WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS LAST SENTENCE EVEN MEAN? So, clearly YES SO CLEARLY YOU HAVE THESE PEOPLE UNDER YOUR CONTROL our DRK troll is reading challenged and has not met our pirates. OH MY GOD - YOU GUYS HAVE PIRATES - I LOVE PIRATES - AARRRRGGGGG MATE'Y. CAN I HAVE AN EYE PATCH IF I JOIN THE CLUB?

James

P.S. I used to own over 1% of DRK. I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN PLEASE - IF NO PICTURE WAS TAKEN, IT NEVER HAPPENED Now I have 10 DRK left in an old wallet that has a hard time syncing up,MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER UPDATED YOUR WALLET - YOU DO KNOW THAT WE'RE ON 0.9.10.12 NOW? RIGHT? WHAT VERISON DO YOU HAVE? LOL but what do I know about crypto? FROM WHAT I CAN TELL - NOT A DAMN THING - I REALLY HOPE YOUR NOT ON THE DEV TEAM - YOUR STARTING TO SCARE ME Our DRK troll is clearly smarter than me and Vitalik put together, I AM STARTING TO THINK SO ALSO or maybe he is just clueless NOT CLUELESS and worried NOT WORRIED - MAYBE A LITTLE DRUNK - BUT HEY- WHAT THE HELL? that a mixing type of solution to anon is not really a solution at all. THERE YA GO - A MIXING TYPE OF SOLUTION - IT'S NOT ANON - IT'S A JOKE - DAMN PUMP AND DUMP -

Can we do this again some time?

I have to go back and read this again
- my friends had to go to the bathroom
- all at the same time
I'll never understand women - oh well

Just previewed it - wholly shit that's a lot of RED
I hope your also not color-blind

OK. Now I believe you have investors.
go back to your cage, now!  Cheesy

O_o
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:22:31 AM

In general 51% of a coin's marketcap is worth far more than 51% of hashing power costs. MARKET CAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A COINS HASING POWER ! ! The former is what is needed to control a PoS coin and the latter a PoW coin. OH MY GOD! REALLY? IF I GET 51% OF THIS COIN, AS A WHOLE, I COULD DESTROY IT ! ! With bitcoin itself constantly in danger of being 51% attacked ONLY IF YOU HAVE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT DOLLARS TO WASTE, AKA A GOV, this is about the weakest attempt at an attack again a PoS coin I have seen in a while. YOU MUST BE VERY EXPERIENCED IN SHITCOINS AND POS PUMP AND DUMPS - is this Bob?

Now there are certainly some weaknesses with PoS, NO FUCKING SHIT - as there are weaknesses with PoW GOT THAT MANY RIGS? MAYBE YOU HAVE A FARM? MAYBE A FARM IN SWEEDEN? MAYBE RIPPED OF A FEW ASIC PRE-ORDERS? SAID YOU WHERE GONNA TEST BEFORE YOU SHIPPED?. Basically nothing is perfect THIS SURE HELL ISN'T and the more nodes a network has, the stronger it will be. THERE YA GO - BOOST THE MORAL. THE MORE WE HAVE THE HARDER WE FALL NXT has a very advanced PoS algorithm YOU ARE NOT NXT - OH WAIT - DID YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU COPY AND PASTE NXT? - OH NOW THAT AWESOME STUFF- KEEP GOING - that has been designed to withstand all the known PoS attacks THE WORDS DESIGNED TO DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING - I CAN DESIGN A LOT OF THINGS, DOES NOT MEAN IT ACTUALLY WORKS and while there are still some theoretical possibilities against it, OH I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CONTINUED READING - SORRY - even Vitalik Buterin admits that NXT PoS is pretty good PRETTY GOOD IS NOT GONNA CUT IT IN THE REAL WORLD FOLKS !! and a very practical solution. I think there is a very real chance for etherium to be PoS. OH GOD FORBID YOU HAD TO GO THERE - WHY NOT JUST MAKE YOUR COIN A VACUUM THAT SUCKS THE COINS OUT - MAYBE AN INVERSE PoS

Now for a small coin, PoS or PoW, really doesnt matter. YEA IT KINDA DOES Any coin can be attacked, WELL NO SHIT even bitcoin, but of course it will take quite a bit of power BETTER TO SAY - MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT to go after the bitcoin network. With Teleport that is what needs to be brought down to stop Teleports as it will be supporting Teleporting Bitcoin and wont even use the BTCD blockchain for that. WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS LAST SENTENCE EVEN MEAN? So, clearly YES SO CLEARLY YOU HAVE THESE PEOPLE UNDER YOUR CONTROL our DRK troll is reading challenged and has not met our pirates. OH MY GOD - YOU GUYS HAVE PIRATES - I LOVE PIRATES - AARRRRGGGGG MATE'Y. CAN I HAVE AN EYE PATCH IF I JOIN THE CLUB?

James

P.S. I used to own over 1% of DRK. I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN PLEASE - IF NO PICTURE WAS TAKEN, IT NEVER HAPPENED Now I have 10 DRK left in an old wallet that has a hard time syncing up,MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER UPDATED YOUR WALLET - YOU DO KNOW THAT WE'RE ON 0.9.10.12 NOW? RIGHT? WHAT VERISON DO YOU HAVE? LOL but what do I know about crypto? FROM WHAT I CAN TELL - NOT A DAMN THING - I REALLY HOPE YOUR NOT ON THE DEV TEAM - YOUR STARTING TO SCARE ME Our DRK troll is clearly smarter than me and Vitalik put together, I AM STARTING TO THINK SO ALSO or maybe he is just clueless NOT CLUELESS and worried NOT WORRIED - MAYBE A LITTLE DRUNK - BUT HEY- WHAT THE HELL? that a mixing type of solution to anon is not really a solution at all. THERE YA GO - A MIXING TYPE OF SOLUTION - IT'S NOT ANON - IT'S A JOKE - DAMN PUMP AND DUMP -

Can we do this again some time?

I have to go back and read this again
- my friends had to go to the bathroom
- all at the same time
I'll never understand women - oh well

Just previewed it - wholly shit that's a lot of RED
I hope your also not color-blind

I even made some suggestions that Evan seems to have adopted, and I hope he finds out you are doing this sort of thing. I doubt he would approve.

Please try to post things that are based on facts. I am always interested in fact based discussions, but using big red letters and profanity seems to be your level.

It is clear you are here to troll, so I wont waste much time on you. Here is my proof of owning 50,000 DRK from early days, the following list is just one day's purchases.

James

Code:
2014-02-09 06:09:49	Buy	0.0002	2700	0.54
2014-02-09 06:09:49 Buy 0.0002 200 0.04
2014-02-09 06:09:49 Buy 0.0002 57.56331285 0.01151266
2014-02-09 06:09:49 Buy 0.000199 75.54 0.01503246
2014-02-09 05:57:22 Buy 0.0002 5898.5202 1.17970404
2014-02-09 04:55:36 Buy 0.0002 4470.23884146 0.89404776
2014-02-09 04:55:36 Buy 0.0002 1000 0.2
2014-02-09 04:55:36 Buy 0.0001999 200 0.03998
2014-02-09 04:55:36 Buy 0.0001999 100 0.01999
2014-02-09 04:55:36 Buy 0.0001995 148.09740854 0.02954543
2014-02-09 04:45:48 Buy 0.0001995 3814.51275 0.76099529
2014-02-09 04:45:48 Buy 0.0001994 100 0.01994
2014-02-09 02:52:14 Buy 0.000197 84.14086294 0.01657574
2014-02-09 02:44:24 Buy 0.000197 4191.9191 0.82580806
2014-02-09 02:44:24 Buy 0.000196 1000 0.196
2014-02-09 02:21:00 Buy 0.000197 7088.99707369 1.39653242
2014-02-09 02:20:59 Buy 0.000196 1000 0.196
2014-02-09 02:20:59 Buy 0.000195 1200 0.234
2014-02-09 02:20:59 Buy 0.00019 704.26310527 0.13380999
2014-02-09 02:20:59 Buy 0.00018899 6.73982104 0.00127375

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:51:35 AM

This multisig is really fun. After taking all this time to get working, now I just cant stop trying many combinations. All looking quite stable and very solid, but of course it is using localhost, so no real networking errors.
UDP sometimes is pretty finicky, but that is another advantage of the shared secret multisig. It essentially acts as an error correcting code, well at least as long I dont mix in packets that are corrupted. If even one bit gets changed, it will not match the packet crc and so just get ignored, then the decryption will also fail, so I would say the odds of bad data getting processed is ignorable, even using UDP path.

So, that means based on network error rate, we can set the M of N ratio and no only does the multisig give us a lot more privacy, it makes Teleport more reliable. Just imagine 100 rabbits being teleported and if only 40 survive, then the real rabbit can be recreated. That is M of 40, N of 100.

I dont think there is any other crypto that has up to 254 multisig and it is all configurable each time you do a teleport:

{"requestType":"teleport","secret":"","dest":"RUHAPSpJDHeFgFd1J34WHJ69TpkMBsWtBt","amount":".1","coin":"BTCD","minage":"1","M":"128","N":"254"}

The above is the JSON text my code looks for when doing a teleport. The "dest" is the public address and that is something you need to know somehow via different channel. "amount" is the amount of "coin", in this case 0.1 BTCD. "minage" is the youngest telepod you authorize to be used. Remember, the younger the telepod, the higher the attacker's chances of getting some statistical correlation. I would certainly not recommend minage of 1! Then there are the "M" and "N" fields, which are the multisig M of N and that's it. So you can control the teleport's most important parameters, of course we need to get a GUI so you dont have to be editing JSON, but I hope you can understand the basics of using Teleport.

I think I will skip the local encryption and go straight to a linkable library. I want to do some testnet teleports sooner rather than later! Since it is testnet, it wont matter if the telepod file format changes and I cant really test the third onion layer. OK, you convinced me, time to port into BTCD core.

James

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: