Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:13:53 AM

Wow! It's so great to get 550 BTCD to set up the blockchain explorer. Actually, I can only connect one of those two explorers though it has not so many functions.

@Dev, would you like a blockchain explorer based on Abe with a bounty of only 200 BTCD? Here you go my example chains for PPC and XC: http://stakexplorer.com:2750/   http://stakexplorer.com:1111/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

Simple block explorer at http://107.170.44.31/ works well. No fancy gui, but works well enough.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:21:08 AM

Not wishing to interfere with the current debate it's been interesting to say the least...and congrates to dev team......love your work  Grin

However my wallet is still chewing way too much data to leave it open for staking.....I know I've only got open it and sync a couple of times a day to increase weight.

That being said it does not help maintain the network doing it like that......I would really like to be told how to block nodes in wallet, I can't find any add/remove nodes command

I know I'm far from the smartest guy......If they ever release a coin with proof of stupidity it'll have my picture on it. So if anybody can tell me how to go about it I will be very grateful

Jon   Huh

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 01:27:39 AM

Not wishing to interfere with the current debate it's been interesting to say the least...and congrates to dev team......love your work  Grin

However my wallet is still chewing way too much data to leave it open for staking.....I know I've only got open it and sync a couple of times a day to increase weight.

That being said it does not help maintain the network doing it like that......I would really like to be told how to block nodes in wallet, I can't find any add/remove nodes command

I know I'm far from the smartest guy......If they ever release a coin with proof of stupidity it'll have my picture on it. So if anybody can tell me how to go about it I will be very grateful

Jon   Huh

do you have access to a different machine? our tests are not seeing any such massive bandwidth usage, so we are thinking maybe it is some other program? so if a different computer does same thing, we can narrow problem down

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jd1959

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:56:57 AM

Jon   Huh

do you have access to a different machine? our tests are not seeing any such massive bandwidth usage, so we are thinking maybe it is some other program? so if a different computer does same thing, we can narrow problem down

Yea I'll put wallet on laptop and try that.....cheers and thank you for your quick response

jd1959

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:12:49 AM

Jon   Huh

Have installed every thing on a different computer after monitoring for 20 minutes 9.27 Megabytes of data times 72 = 667.24 megs in 24 hours, it still seems too much to me

Jon  Undecided

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:14:23 AM

Not wishing to interfere with the current debate it's been interesting to say the least...and congrates to dev team......love your work  Grin

Jon   Huh

Have installed every thing on a different computer after monitoring for 20 minutes 9.27 Megabytes of data times 72 = 667.24 megs in 24 hours, it still seems too much to me

Jon  Undecided

That would be with the download of the blockchain too? It alone is 154MB

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:15:26 AM

// local encryption
// save all comms by totalcrc
// statemachine for pending telepods/teleports
// (statemachine task reduced to) properly interpret state changes to update private chain
// load and generate JSON for all saved files to create "privatechain"
// packet -> pS -> pS -> node (need table of node -> pS)

I like to reduce the difficulty of the tasks, so if possible, I identify a way to divide one task into two or more smaller tasks. Then after solving one, the remainder is more tasks, but easier ones, and this tends to go faster. Also, notice the JSON task is relating to privatechain and now so is the statemachine residue task.

so divide and conquer, rearrange, regroup, divide and conquer, etc.

Now comes a problem that reminds be a lot of the MGW account handling problem. I struggled with that for weeks, until I finally solved it. So, I think I will borrow the same technique for this. Sure is a good thing I did that MGW! most of the parts I havent already repurposed are about to flow into Teleport.

The last one requires some data from the "external" pubaddr message interface, so I am leaving it till last in hopes that it will arrive in time. If not, I will have to debug using some sort of simulator that I will have to write. No need to decide yet.

James

P.S. On the price, it is kind of distratcting by hovering right around the ATH. plz stop the tug of war and just either breakthrough or bounce back. It will help my concentration either way.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:17:40 AM

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided
like crackfoo says, until the blockchain is caught up, bandwidth use would be close to saturation levels for your channel.
need data for after you are caught up

Oh, have you synchronized your clock? A lot of times excess packets are caused by a node that has the wrong time and the other nodes end up sending a lot of packets to it (and vice versa)

Use ntp or equivalent

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:38:40 AM

dont get too excited, just a second hand status report on GUI progress.

longzai is optimistic to be on track for end of month GUI release. We do need some NXT graphics changed to BTCD graphics and maybe we will get some early releases without any actual teleport functionality.

What happened with MGW, just makes me want to caution people from overreacting. MGW was in beta test and still running on my dev servers and then one day the multigateway.org website went live. All of a sudden everyone just assumed that since the website was live, it was all done and peoples kind of went a bit crazy. Nothing had changed as far as the actual software, it was just the website (a very nice one) but since we didnt make it clear it was only website release, everyone just assumed.

So, when you start seeing cool GUI's, its just that a cool looking GUI and does not mean teleport is all done, even if it has a teleport form in it

James

jd1959

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:59:28 AM

Not wishing to interfere with the current debate it's been interesting to say the least...and congrates to dev team......love your work  Grin

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided

That would be with the download of the blockchain too? It alone is 154MB

After the wallet is all synced up

jd1959

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:06:42 AM

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided
like crackfoo says, until the blockchain is caught up, bandwidth use would be close to saturation levels for your channel.

Oh, have you synchronized your clock? A lot of times excess packets are caused by a node that has the wrong time and the other nodes end up sending a lot of packets to it (and vice versa)

Use ntp or equivalent

James

I'm not sure about syncing time ......I just pick my time zone with windows and everything looks fine......I'm running a couple of other wallets with no excess data usage on ether.

However if you can tell me how to sync time on windows 7, I will follow your instructions and see if that sorts it.....Thank you for your help, I know your dealing with much more important things than my incompetence

Jon  Embarrassed

P.S  I just got 100 cheap JLH on polo awesome  Grin

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:10:11 AM

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided

Use ntp or equivalent

James

I'm not sure about syncing time ......I just pick my time zone with windows and everything looks fine......I'm running a couple of other wallets with no excess data usage on ether.

However if you can tell me how to sync time on windows 7, I will follow your instructions and see if that sorts it.....Thank you for your help, I know your dealing with much more important things than my incompetence

Jon  Embarrassed
I am not windows user, but I remember seeing someone post instructions on syncing clock
working with other coins is possibily relevant, but maybe not, all depends on the difference in time between your node and the peers it is connecting to. It could be that just one node you are connecting to has a bad time and somehow it is bombarding you?

Try looking in control panel, time settings, stuff like that. If you've never sync time, it could be off by a lot and that is not good

James

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:19:16 AM

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided

Use ntp or equivalent

James

Jon  Embarrassed

P.S  I just got 100 cheap JLH on polo awesome  Grin

http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7maintenance/windows-seven-7-sync-system-clock-with-internet-time-how-to/

im using ptbtime1.ptb.de myself. it syncs to the atomic clock of the PTB onwed by the german department of energy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jd1959

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:30:39 AM

Jon   Huh

Jon  Undecided

Use ntp or equivalent

James

Jon  Embarrassed

P.S  I just got 100 cheap JLH on polo awesome  Grin

http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7maintenance/windows-seven-7-sync-system-clock-with-internet-time-how-to/

im using ptbtime1.ptb.de myself. it syncs to the atomic clock of the PTB onwed by the german department of energy

Have followed instructions in link, unfortunately it tells me that I'm already sycned with  'time.windows.com' and set to check on a regular basis....so I don't think it's a time issue on my end.

Jon

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:39:46 AM

I got it so that when you send a telepod a response comes back that is a crptographically signed "receipt" for the telepod. With this, it is easy to prove that the destination account received the telepod and signed the receipt.

Now, there is a possibility that the destination acct changes the teleport code to not send back this receipt and so he can deny that he got the telepod. At this point, the plan is to resend the telepod, but of course it has already been received, so it will never get confirmed as delivered. Now Mr. evil recipient can go and clone the telepod and as soon as that happens the sender sees it.

At this point, sender can conclude the destination acct is cheating him as with all the encryption that is the only acct that can properly decrypt any telepods sent. Of course, Mr evil will say that his computer was compromised, blah, blah, blah like the scammers do.

Now I feel that even if someone's computer is compromised, if the telepod is arriving there, the sender has done his duty and should receive credit for payment. Of course any sort of dispute like this will be like it is now with blockchain tx. You send payment, get a txid, tell the vendor, they say, yes I got it. Now, they can say, our acct was hacked and the payment that came in is gone, but with payment record on the blockchain, you should be receiving proper credit.

With telepods and an honest vendor, showing your receipt would be plenty proof, after all after one such incident if they are refusing giving you credit no more business. Since even attempting this requires running a modified client, there is clearly intent to cheat for any vendor trying to do this.

I think that placing responsibility on the destination accounts to not allow their computer to get hacked and using a cloning event as acceptable proof will be adequate.

However, I could utilize the trustline concept to minimize any risk, but it would add another step and create some delays in release date. The idea is that only one telepod is sent at a time so that until a signed receipt is received nothing else is sent and no telepod would be bigger than the trustline for the destination account. This makes trustlines a two way thing and could make things quite a bit more complicated.

Is this worth implementing or can we just rely on receipts and cloning events as proof of payment?
The new poll should be whether to implement trustlines for sending.

Since the current poll is 90% to allow free teleports and the time frame is on the shorter of 3 months to 1 year, I will plan to make teleporting free this year and add fees early next year. Now even when the teleport fees start, if a person is running a node connected to the supernetwork and is using other services to earn revenue share, I want to make it so that under normal usage people will actually get more in revenue share than they pay in teleport fees. This way, the teleport fee is just reducing how much revenue share they get and I think will be very acceptable for marketplace acceptance.

Thanks for all who voted!

James

id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:33:48 AM

Can someone produce an android price ticker

there is one called 'litecoin widget' it can display from several exchanges, cryptsy one of them. I already have my btcd ticker on my home screen Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:47:57 AM

why this?

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:49:51 AM

Now I know why I had to drag myself to do the accounting stuff. There is about 1000 lines of code that needs to be written. Nothing difficult, just a lot of code to deal with JSON'izing the internal data structures so it can be displayed in debug console (and GUI)

At least I am finally on this, it will actually really help debugging, as I just display what the Teleport system things the internal state is and this will be much faster to debug than most other methods. So, I just have to tell myself I am just writing code needed for fast debugging.

anyway, there turned out to be a few more states than I expected. I am using separate bits, even though when the state changes, the most significant bit represents the actual state. Just though it might come in handy to see the history of each sequence, which this allows

#define TRANSPORTER_SEND 1
#define TRANSPORTER_RECV 2
#define TRANSPORTER_GOTACK 4
#define TRANSPORTER_TRANSFERRED 8
#define TRANSPORTER_ABORTED 64
#define TRANSPORTER_COMPLETED 128

Telepods themselves have a similar, but yet different set of states they can be in:
#define PODSTATE_SENT 1
#define PODSTATE_RECV 2
#define PODSTATE_GOTACK 4
#define PODSTATE_CONFIRMED 8
#define PODSTATE_TRUSTED 16
#define PODSTATE_CLONED 32
#define PODSTATE_ABORTED 64
#define PODSTATE_SPENT 128

With the potentially very long clonesmear time, I am thinking that there should be no timeout for a telepod sending, but rather a user initiated abort mechanism. This way, if there is a dispute or you lose contact with the destination acct, you can manually abort the remaining teleport sequence. Actually, the telepods are either all sent successfully or not pretty early in the sequence and only after there is a TRANSPORTER_GOTACK event indicating the destination knows what to expect.

If a teleport is aborted, all uncloned telepods will be cloned by the sender, so this is something you dont want to do unless you have to. It just loses any aging the telepods have had and just creates extra tx, but if you have to, you have to.

Once benefit of this mechanism is that it is actually possible to partially cancel a payment! Not sure if you ever clicked send and then the coins are on their way and nothing can be done. With teleport, the transaction is broken up into standard denominations and then using the process described the other day sent to the destination account. At this point the telepod is shared between sender and destination. As soon as the destination account clones it, then the sender cannot access it anymore. However, with teleport there is the clonesmear parameter and I am using one hour as a default, so each telepod will take up to an hour to be cloned. This means that even some minutes after sending, you can abort the transfer and if you are willing to create a possibly noticeable frenzy of cloning activity, you could prevent the destination acct from cashing any of the telepods.

Of course, if you do this, you wont get any credit for payment from the destination, but if it was something sent accidentally to the wrong address, on average you should be able to prevent the vast majority of funds from being delivered to the destination account. If the destination account has a clonesmear time set to 0 though, this wont be available. I knew about this property before but I dont think I ever wrote about the "unsend" feature that is implicit with Teleport.

James

id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:00:43 AM

since there has been talk about future quantum computers and the possible threat they present to current encryption methods, this is an interesting 20min presentation about where things are today and are heading in the near future! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khx8HTOEsBk
especially the second half with the graph is very impressive: where D-Wave is today after only 10 years development, they waaaaay out perform the entire industry of "classical" computers that's been invested in and developed over 60 years in specific problems. Of course encryption/decryption is one of those. This again is a technology that will follow the law of accelerated returns and we can expect to see an exponential growth in capabilities over the following years. So it's a good thing to start worrying now and prepare ourselves Cheesy
I'm no expert on the subject hehe, but I imagine that those qubit chips will be also used to encrypt stuff and thus gain a competitive edge again if same technology was used to encrypt the transactions? In that case, we only need to survive a period of time where this technology becomes available enough that people with huge resources to buy and use them would start trying to listen on the current protocols, but still expensive enough that we can't add "quantum nodes" to the network with an additional layer of encryption. after that it becomes a fair game again.
might be a little far fetched dunno, but thought this was interesting, and maybe this is something to consider in 5-10 years time. just fun food for thought Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: