Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
dont take

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:34:22 AM

Darkpaper is quite impressive,can those functions works out?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:35:31 AM

BitcoinDark Block Explorer: http://stakexplorer.com:1234

Enjoy it.

Donations to R9kZxVTw2hk4oU8cKbSPcjFxnE7wBf1rWr are appreciated.

just checked my a/c using the Explorer and got a nasty surprise - the balance showing was approx half what it should have been. Reasoning (or more like fervently hoping) I hadn't been hacked - why would any hacker leave half the balance? - I opened my wallet, waited 5 mins for it to sync (seemed longer somehow) to find the entire balance showing correctly.

Unless it's my wallet that's wrong, it must be the Explorer - they can't both be right

These sort of shocks I can do without  Smiley

The balance will only be correct on a fully synched wallet.

the wallet is fully synched and I've just searched the a/c again in the explorer with the same result as before - i.e. balance shown in the explorer is approx half what's actually in the wallet.

The total received figure and the number of transactions in is correct but the number of transactions out is incorrect (the search results refer to 2 t/actions out totalling 462.96 when in fact there have been 5 t/actions out totalling 11.1).
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:46:36 AM

Not wishing to interfere with the current debate it's been interesting to say the least...and congrates to dev team......love your work  Grin

However my wallet is still chewing way too much data to leave it open for staking.....I know I've only got open it and sync a couple of times a day to increase weight.

That being said it does not help maintain the network doing it like that......I would really like to be told how to block nodes in wallet, I can't find any add/remove nodes command

I know I'm far from the smartest guy......If they ever release a coin with proof of stupidity it'll have my picture on it. So if anybody can tell me how to go about it I will be very grateful

Jon   Huh

do you have access to a different machine? our tests are not seeing any such massive bandwidth usage, so we are thinking maybe it is some other program? so if a different computer does same thing, we can narrow problem down

Have installed every thing on a different computer after monitoring for 20 minutes 9.27 Megabytes of data times 72 = 667.24 megs in 24 hours, it still seems too much to me

Jon  Undecided

You have raised an interesting point.  I am currently out in the country staking via my laptop and using my phone as a hotspot.  I think I have 2 GB left on my plan.  How long do you estimate that 2 GB to be swallowed?

Not sure about your net speed or anything but for that would take me 2 to 3 days

Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

btcd is 15th on coinmarketcap with 4,000,000$. u know what that means.

What does it mean?  Shocked

hodl.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:52:00 AM

Enjoy it.

just checked my a/c using the Explorer and got a nasty surprise - the balance showing was approx half what it should have been. Reasoning (or more like fervently hoping) I hadn't been hacked - why would any hacker leave half the balance? - I opened my wallet, waited 5 mins for it to sync (seemed longer somehow) to find the entire balance showing correctly.

Unless it's my wallet that's wrong, it must be the Explorer - they can't both be right

the wallet is fully synched and I've just searched the a/c again in the explorer with the same result as before - i.e. balance shown in the explorer is approx half what's actually in the wallet.

The total received figure and the number of transactions in is correct but the number of transactions out is incorrect (the search results refer to 2 t/actions out totalling 462.96 when in fact there have been 5 t/actions out totalling 11.1).

I have checked the development fund address, and its balance is 1012.237 BTCD, which should be right.

So I think you may misunderstand the stake amount and balance listed in the stake block explorer.

SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:53:32 AM

Maybe we should also translate to some other major languages?

Shall I get some price quotes from professional high quality translation services or is it not necessary to translate into more languages atm?

You can get translations done for pretty much every language on fiverr.com very reasonably priced.  I have used them in the past with great results.

Spanish would be good. South America is increasingly interested in crypto (I know some countries speak Portugese, but the majority can at least read Spanish)
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:34:36 AM

Complete disclosure to the community!

Questions have been asked about the BTCD's pre-mine (~24,800 BTCD or ~1.5% of the total 1.6 million PoW Coins) here is the breakdown:
P.S. Because coins started to stake after 8 hours of maturity, the total # of BTCD during the PoW phase was less than 1.6 million, and ended up being ~1.174 Million BTCD

1) Azeh -- 5,386 BTCD

2) TorrnA -- 5,386 BTCD

3) BTCDdev --5,386 BTCD

Further development expenses:

Promotion payments before launch: 2,200 BTCD

Blog Posts/ Articles: 120
Node hosting: 10
Games: 90
Faucet funding: 3
Mac Wallet: 275
Windows Wallet: 500
Block Explorers: 550
OP translations: 360
Donations for independent work: 120
Media relations trial: 100

Anon tech development: 3500 (given to BTCDdev by James for his work)
Further development reserved for James after coming on board ~ 1000 (offered to TorrnA and BTCDdev by James)

Basically all pre-mine payments we're made before James joined as core developer.  After which, James was offered a bounty for his services, however, said already had enough BTCD that he had bought on the open market and therefore offered his bounty to BTCDdev for his help coding, who didn't have funds to be able to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Furthermore, I (Azeh) was lucky enough to have BTC available in the early days to purchase the majority of the BTCD I hold on the open market and have subsequently funded other aspects of BTCD development with my personal funds.

Web Designer: 1000 BTCD
BitcoinPRbuzz: 1200 BTCD

See below for more details:

A portion of the original pre-mine was agreed upon by the three original developers (Azeh, TorrnA, BTCDdev) to be distributed evenly. This was well before the launch of BTCD and was well before any of us had any knowledge that James would agree to come on board to become the core developer for BTCD.  The fact of the matter is, before the launch of BTCD the three original members worked for 2 months planning BTCD. Only one member, Azeh (me) had any BTC available to purchase BTCD on the open market.

Moreover, as others have said previously, If one wanted they could have bought the equivalent of the entire pre-mine in the early days for a few BTC.

Why is this being said now:

1) Continued questions from some community members that have asked for more detail about the pre-mine.

2) A current web developer has blackmailed the dev team for payment of between 5-15k BTCD payment.  If we didn't oblige, he threatened to come to the forums to disclose this news and spread FUD.

3) So we can clear the air and move forward with a clean slate and tell said developer that their services are no longer wanted.

Unfortunately, a team member has gone rouge and has threatened the development team and by extension the BTCD community and therefore, I'd like to completely come clean before said member has a chance to spread FUD.

This member, out of respect, I'll leave anonymous and allow him to come out himself if he so chooses.  However, this member continues to think that BTCD is some sort of conspiracy that has been concocted to enhance the value of NXT.  This member continues to believe this even after explanations about how NXT just provides platform with which BTCD is built over and has nothing to do with original NXT developers or the currency itself.

The situation escalated after an argument with the web designer after which this individual threatened me that he "could just hit ctrl alt delete and walk away", and said that he had done so on the past to another coin.

Bottom Line:

Regarding the pre-mine, should we have been more transparent in the beginning.  The short answer: Yes.  However, I will blame myself because I only wanted to protect TorrnA and BTCDdev from any criticism who both put in a ton of work and deserve every BTCD they received from the pre-mine.

In addition, I'm not going to sit idly by while an individual attempts use threats and blackmail to achieve some sense of control and extort funds for their own gain.  This is not in the spirit of what BTCD is all about.  For the most part the development of BTCD has remained mostly "ego" free which is how we'd like to keep it.  If development team members can't agree to this, then they have no place on the development team.

Lastly, yes, we are asking for donations.  Donations are all being carefully recorded and held by TorrnA, who I can vouch for as a very trustworthy individual.  All bounty payments going forward will be completely transparent and divulged to the community.   

i never blackmailed any dev i just asked for what i think my work worths so far and future developement, if someone can receive 1k BTCD for this http://oi61.tinypic.com/33ttet0.jpg i think that i should get more than 0 BTCD for work done and continuig to work here, i yet asked about premine and about 2 weeks ago i was told it was kept for james but now it seems things changed and its not keept, btw the actuall premine was 1.5% from 1.6M coins that should have been in PoW
it would be nice if you kept to the facts. I am so disappointed about this. Funds were being raised so people like yourself could be compensated. Also, I do not remember seeing any posts anywhere about the premine being kept for me! In fact, I have posted several times that the premine was mostly used before I even arrived and also that I wanted the 3500 BTCD offered to me to go to BTCDdev since he wasnt able to get much on the open market. I believe it is quite important for key contributors to be vested

The estimated value of the BTCD that the three got from the premine is <1 BTC for most of the PoW period. If anybody has any problems with this other than yourself, I would be surprised. Now it is curious to me that you are complaining about 1000 BTCD given to what looks to me like professional graphic designer. What was the value at the time? 1000 BTCD today is different than several weeks ago. If you are volunteering to work and then decide you want to become a paid contractor midstream, then this is your decision. Maybe if you had purchased BTCD on the open market when it was cheap like other key contributors (also showing faith in your own project), then some envy over somebody else getting paid would not be an issue?

Care to explain what NXT txid 17945798072342483012 is?

I had sent you 500 NXTprivacy directly as confirmation of your work and while this is not the same as 1000 BTCD, it was also clear that there would be more after work was completed. Whether your work is worth more or less than what some other paid contractor is getting is a judgement call. I trust Azeh's judgement on such matters and since you cannot get over the horrible injustice that you have been subjected to, it is best that you leave. I wish you luck in the future and if you decide to keep posting here, please stay with the facts.

Goodbye.

James
1k was given few days ago so its not much less, i can post skype chat logs about premine keept if you want to see, also i own more than 30k BTCD that is not sold unlike the premine so yes it gives faith here a lot, as for that asset please send me your NXT address and i will return it same second, its not any value for me receiving your assets which it seems you have one for every feature for this coin that is to be released, well maybe, as yet still no sign of anything

EDIT: i never asked for the free asset, but it seems i received it when i questioned the NXT benefits from your work here
please send the NXTprivacy to the donation pool address. I dont know what it is, maybe Azeh does

Also, i think you have things a bit twisted around. I have been working on my assets for all this year, which represents many manyears of ordinary coders and I am putting them inside BTCD and sharing revenues. Since you do not like this, I can make it so your 30K BTCD dont get these dividends. Is that your preference?

Have you seen MGW? It is already one of the top exchanges by daily trading volumes.

Please if you want to start some FUD, just sell all your BTCD now. many were expecting it to drop to .005 and since we are retesting .007 the only way that will happen is for some WH to dump.

To have 2.5% of BTCD and to be acting so petty and jealous over 1000BTCD?

You cannot at the same time be acting the way you are and still expecting BTCD to go up in price. Please dump your BTCD, we want lower prices.

James
Never said i dump BTCD or i will FUD i really wish all the best for this coin, its not jealousy over that 1k its just there were other members that were far far better than the one thet received payment, and was the only one to receive, but on the other side they are not all friends with the devs so they share with them, i will send to dev fund when azeh gives me address not a problem at all, and yes i don't want dividends from whatever that is i like the coin like it is so i will just keep steaking and avoid being part of something more that i find fishy

This is the last time i'll address this issue, because i've basically said everything i've had to say.  Except that I conveniently forgot to mention that you received nxtprivacy as compensation, so yet you set yourself up for that one.

However, you continue to have a disregard for facts.  It had nothing to do with him being BTCDdev's friend because this was my call.  I paid him 1000 BTCD of my personal funds.

Now, I'd kindly ask everyone to get back on topic and not let this thread devolve into a petty quarrel.

IceColdTommy, if you want to continue to contribute and add value to the thread then go right ahead.  

I'd also call on others to not be baited into this argument any longer. Members can already glean the information from what has been said before and make their own judgments

Sure i will also address here last time and just post the proof where i blackmailed you

i am sorry i couldn't be more like you and sell my soul for profit

Seems i don't belong here and never will

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:38:15 AM

Rather than causing drama here, I think any disagreements between devs should be kept to PM's. We don't need to see this in the thread.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:07:47 PM

Rather than causing drama here, I think any disagreements between devs should be kept to PM's. We don't need to see this in the thread.

Agreed. But I guess you can't completely keep the FUD away.
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:46:06 PM

On a more positive note while mommy and daddy go sort out their shit in private...

jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:50:04 PM

On a more positive note while mommy and daddy go sort out their shit in private...

Yeah, we already discussed that a couple posts back and the general concensus was: HODL!
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:00:16 PM

Yeah, we already discussed that a couple posts back and the general concensus was: HODL!

Actually it's the first time we hit 14th spot.
SeaSoul

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:18:48 PM

BTCD go to 0.01?
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:27:32 PM

BTCD go to 0.01?

looks like a possibility right now...decent support above 0065

much faster rise than i anticipated...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

TorrnA

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

Enjoy it.

I have checked the development fund address, and its balance is 1012.237 BTCD, which should be right.

So I think you may misunderstand the stake amount and balance listed in the stake block explorer.

Hi Jimmy2011, yeah you have approximately the right amount. Current donations for the address are:

Donations: 1011.98000
Stake confirmations: 1.3090418
Stake conflicted: -0.3312868
Total: 1012.95776

thevampireskilledit

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:06:19 PM

I think we really need to get those donations much quicker before BTCD rises too quickly. At .01 we aren't going to see as many large donations so please donate what you can because your donations are going to be part of the foundation for our coin. Keep the community strong and if you're able to help, please do!

Note: I have donated and I am in no way affiliated with any devs.
TorrnA

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:51:15 PM

I think we really need to get those donations much quicker before BTCD rises too quickly. At .01 we aren't going to see as many large donations so please donate what you can because your donations are going to be part of the foundation for our coin. Keep the community strong and if you're able to help, please do!

Note: I have donated and I am in no way affiliated with any devs.

Thanks for the donation and support thevampireskilledit. Its welcome and appreciated. When a donation is distributed for a dev task, I will announce it and provide the appropriate details, for instants amount assigned and task along with providing an update of the status of the donation pool funds.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:06:02 PM

James,

Do you think BTCD can pass NXT with marketcap?
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Are you guys still buying more BTCD even now ?
darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:47:15 PM

Are you guys still buying more BTCD even now ?

yes, no one is selling though Sad

breakout imminent
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: