Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:15:55 PM

My 230 been stuck for nearly a week now . Ffs.

To the guy that wants to dump, please do so on bittrex. My btc are waiting.

I didn't originally take this forum to be one of smart asses, rather I thought the people here were helpful to each other. It's a real bummer to be made to feel otherwise. Thanks.

I sent you a private message 30 minutes ago :p If you would still like some help I would happy to assist you.

Wow, I didn't see that. I'd love some help. Thank you!

Smiley I hope you find a solution.

O_o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:21:41 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 11:34:56 PM by jd1959

Hi James
Is there anything that can be done with exchanges staking coins. I believe this is causing many problems. Maybe we need to withdraw all support from exchanges that delay withdrawals so they can stake.

They make money on trades, and its not there money to stake its our money. After watching this thread I am withdrawing all of my assets from Crypsty. It's not much but its a matter of principle.

And if nothing else I believe that you are a man of principle. If nothing else works maybe you create p2p exchange within Supernet (you are probably already on it and I missed it) and give people the option of trading

directly without any external exchange.

I'm sure that exchanges would be much better citizens if there was a threat to there current position.

Jon

P.S I know you have many things to keep you busy......But I've seen what a word from jl777 can achieve

Jon  Wink    

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:31:51 PM

I sent you a private message 30 minutes ago :p If you would still like some help I would happy to assist you.

Thanks again. I replied to your message and will continue to do so privately until we hopefully sort this out.

And to the whole community, if we sort this out, I will be happy to write a how-to on the issue for other people having the same problem. I can't be the only one.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Hi James
Is there anything that can be done with exchanges staking coins. I believe this is causing many problems. Maybe we need to withdraw all support from exchanges that delay withdrawals so they can stake.

They make money on trades, and its not there money to stake its our money. After watching this thread I am withdrawing all of my assets from Crypsty. It's not much but its a matter of principle.

And if nothing else I believe that you are a man of principle. If nothing else works maybe you create p2p exchange within Supernet and give people the option of trading directly without any external exchange.

I'm sure that exchanges would be much better citizens if there was a threat to there current position.

Jon

P.S I know you have many things to keep you busy......But I've seen what a word from jl777 can achieve

Jon  Wink    
you mean like MGW to issue mgwBTCD and using NXT AE?
or InstantDEX Smiley

cryptsy is still holding 5000 of my BTCD Sad
almost three weeks
they finally just cancelled the withdraw.
I think I might have to sell it, withdraw as BTC and repurchase, but just too busy to hassle with it now

It seems cryptsy is not solving my problem.

James

P.S. anyone know why BBR is surging again?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:36:18 PM

Thanks again. I replied to your message and will continue to do so privately until we hopefully sort this out.

And to the whole community, if we sort this out, I will be happy to write a how-to on the issue for other people having the same problem. I can't be the only one.

Thanks!
the filename has to be exact and in the exact right place

I actually started my crypto journey with NXT doing the simple tech supports, it makes for fast learning

James

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:43:03 PM

cryptsy is still holding 5000 of my BTCD Sad
almost three weeks
they finally just cancelled the withdraw.
I think I might have to sell it, withdraw as BTC and repurchase, but just too busy to hassle with it now

It seems cryptsy is not solving my problem.

That is completely messed up. We should nail that stupid exchange to the wall over this.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:44:52 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 11:57:26 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Thanks!

I actually started my crypto journey with NXT doing the simple tech supports, it makes for fast learning

James

That response, though appreciated, doesn't help me at all. I'm also not a crypto newbie. I have installed and worked with many wallets. Do I need to have a NXT wallet installed for BTCD wallet to work? Forgive me if that is a stupid question, but perhaps the problem is as stupid as me not knowing that. Any specific help would be greatly appreciated.

What file name? Where is the specific place? I have no idea what you are cryptically alluding to.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:00:53 AM

Thanks!

James

That response, though appreciated, doesn't help me at all. I'm also not a crypto newbie. I have installed and worked with many wallets. Do I need to have a NXT wallet installed for BTCD wallet to work? Forgive me if that is a stupid question, but perhaps the problem is as stupid as me not knowing that. Any specific help would be greatly appreciated.

What file name? Where is the specific place? I have no idea what you are cryptically alluding to.
no NXT is optional

"/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/BitcoinDark/BitcoinDark.conf"

apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

ugggh, the Poloniex volume is dreadful.  Have been trying to buy BTCD for 3 days.   Bitrex has 10x the volume.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:26:10 AM

Is that folder and file not created automatically when you open the wallet on first use, as it is in Bitcoin's wallet, for example?

Do I need to create that folder myself? If so, what do I need to put into that folder after creating it?
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:29:51 AM

Hey guys, just an FYI for *nix users... I finally got around to building the wallet (both deamon and QT) for my linux box and have done so without too much hassle.  In case anyone has missed it on the homepage, the source code is on github https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/ - this is the source as originally posted by Azeh but please always double check the URL is the same as the one in the OP!!

I thought I would share that the instructions in the various readme's in https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/blob/master/doc/ are all spot on.  The only slight hiccup I had (on Ubuntu 14) was that it couldn't create the output folders /obj and /obj/zerocoin unless running as sudo (which is not advisable so I created them manually).  Anyway, if anyone is having trouble, ping me a PM and I'll gladly help.  
paulthetafy

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:31:35 AM

Is that folder and file not created automatically when you open the wallet on first use, as it is in Bitcoin's wallet, for example?

Do I need to create that folder myself? If so, what do I need to put into that folder after creating it?
I'm not a mac user, but on windows / *nix the folder is created when the wallet first starts, but the .conf file is NOT.  You need to create this yourself.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:39:14 AM

I'm not a mac user, but on windows / *nix the folder is created when the wallet first starts, but the .conf file is NOT.  You need to create this yourself.

We need to fix this in the next release, also the need to fiddle with obj directories for building
you need to put the .conf file from OP in the directory
I also think we should autocreate the .conf file with some reasonable defaults on install
I also think we should look for variants in the name, eg. Bitcoindark.conf, bitcoindark.conf if the BitcoinDark.conf is not found

paulthetafy

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:43:08 AM

We need to fix this in the next release, also the need to fiddle with obj directories for building
I also think we should autocreate the .conf file with some reasonable defaults on install
I also think we should look for variants in the name, eg. Bitcoindark.conf, bitcoindark.conf if the BitcoinDark.conf is not found

Agreed on all counts.  I have never understood why .conf files are not auto generated with default random RPC passwords and other sensible default parameters.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:47:57 AM

I'm not a mac user, but on windows / *nix the folder is created when the wallet first starts, but the .conf file is NOT.  You need to create this yourself.

Are you talking to the Windows users or to me, the Mac user?

To better explain what I am dealing with, after downloading the Mac wallet from page 1 of this thread, I drag it into the applications folder per the installer's instructions.

If I then launch the application, NOTHING HAPPENS. No folders are created at the directory you mentioned.

If I say "show package contents" by right clicking on the app in applications folder, I see:

Frameworks Folder
Info.plist file
Mac OS Folder
PkgInfo
Plugins Folder
Resources Folder

If I attempt to go to the folder you first mentioned, no folder such as that exists.

What do I need to do to get this working on a Mac?
paulthetafy

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

I'm not a mac user, but on windows / *nix the folder is created when the wallet first starts, but the .conf file is NOT.  You need to create this yourself.

To better explain what I am dealing with, after downloading the Mac wallet from page 1 of this thread, I drag it into the applications folder per the installer's instructions.

If I then launch the application, NOTHING HAPPENS. No folders are created at the directory you mentioned.

If I say "show package contents" by right clicking on the app in applications folder, I see:

Frameworks Folder
Info.plist file
Mac OS Folder
PkgInfo
Plugins Folder
Resources Folder

If I attempt to go to the folder you first mentioned, no folder such as that exists.

My apologies, I was just answering generally that the wallet should create the folder but not the .conf file on all operating systems.  I don't use a mac so can't help with that.  I'm sure that other users have been successful with it though.  Whilst waiting for a reply from a mac user, you might also want to send a PM to Azeh (the OP and one of the original coin devs)
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

Agreed on all counts.  I have never understood why .conf files are not auto generated with default random RPC passwords and other sensible default parameters.
decentralization extremists feel that any defaults would give too much centralized power to the ones defining the defaults
so all users must decide for themselves
when most users are not able to do what is required, this extremism does limit the power of the ones who would have defined the defaults, but only by eliminating a big chunk of users

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:17:40 AM

Frameworks Folder
Info.plist file
Mac OS Folder
PkgInfo
Plugins Folder
Resources Folder

is there any BitcoinDark-QT in the Applications folder?
if so, make the file in the path I posted earlier
you will have to manually make the BitcoinDark folder and a BitcoinDark.conf file containing the contents of the OP

BTCDdev is making it so this is not needed to do in new version, but for now it is manual process

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:29:49 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 01:55:27 AM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

you will have to manually make the BitcoinDark folder and a BitcoinDark.conf file containing the contents of the OP

BTCDdev is making it so this is not needed to do in new version, but for now it is manual process

Thanks for trying to help. Just to be sure I write my "how-to" correctly, please entertain me far enough to get this working. Please make sure to answer each question, so that I may do a good job...

There is a BitcoinDark-QT file in the folder titled "MacOS" in the applications package. According to your above reply, you say "make the file in the path I posted earlier," which doesn't make any sense.

Do you mean to move (or copy) that QT file to that manually-made folder from the applications folder package? If move, please say move. If copy, please say copy. If that QT file should stay where it is in the application package (and not move or be copied at all), please say so.

I already manually made a BitcoinDark folder in the directory you first mentioned, and currently, nothing is in it.

With regard to the BitcoinDark.conf file, am I supposed to make a text file named "BitcoinDark.conf" with the exact conf code from page one of this thread copied and pasted into it and then save that text file in the folder I manually created in the path you first mentioned with the name "BitcoinDark.conf"?

Please let me know.

Thanks, James!

P.S. For what it's worth, I am a technical writer, so I might be of some future use.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:09:47 AM

Thanks for trying to help. Just to be sure I write my "how-to" correctly, please entertain me far enough to get this working. Please make sure to answer each question, so that I may do a good job...

There is a BitcoinDark-QT file in the folder titled "MacOS" in the applications package. According to your above reply, you say "make the file in the path I posted earlier," which doesn't make any sense.

Do you mean to move (or copy) that QT file to that manually-made folder from the applications folder package? If move, please say move. If copy, please say copy. If that QT file should stay where it is in the application package (and not move or be copied at all), please say so.

I already manually made a BitcoinDark folder in the directory you first mentioned, and currently, nothing is in it.

With regard to the BitcoinDark.conf file, am I supposed to make a text file named "BitcoinDark.conf" with the exact conf code from page one of this thread copied and pasted into it and then save that text file in the folder I manually created in the path you first mentioned with the name "BitcoinDark.conf"?

Please let me know.

Thanks, James!

P.S. For what it's worth, I am a technical writer, so I might be of some future use.
bolded part is correct!
Do not move the QT file, just run it after you did the .conf file creating
of course you will need to manually make the BitcoinDark directory before you can make the .conf file in it

Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: