Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328435 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:15:10 AM

Cross post regarding escrow of IPO funds:

I am working with HumanFractal and DomP on a distributed solution. The basic idea would be as follows:

using 2 of 3 (in reality probably bigger numbers will be used)
I would have the emergency backup key, I dont want to be needed for every tx!
freeworm would have one of the keys needed
there will be a pool of N trusted people from the NXT, BTC and BTCD communities who have the third key

Each block of X BTC would be put into a multisig acct
so X would be approx net BTC / N, where net BTC is after the 1% for costs, 10% for supertraders and some amount that is not an issue for bter to hold and I like the looks of Xapo and even Coinbase for some 10% level amounts. All tx will be publicly documented.

I posted the disbursement procedure a few pages back (I hope noashh will make a convenient page with all such things in one place) so when there is a disbursement needed, the approval is posted and the first of the N trustees who is available would do the payment tx.

If I appear to be taken over by aliens or appearing to be a monkey, then the community can raise an objection before disbursement is completed. However if it is a disbursement within the prescribed authority, the trustees are honor bound to release payment.

Now I know people from NXT and BTCD communities, but not so many from the BTC world itself, so I really need some help in getting this list of trusted members. I cant be the one to coordinate this list as there needs to be arms length between me and the trustees, so somebody else has to step up to coordinate this effort. The list will be vetted by the community and if there are any credible objections, then that would probably be enough for rejection.

Anyway, this is something I just started today so I apologize for its rough state, but the key is the selection of the trustees. I think people would feel much better if the trustees are significant stakeholders in SuperNET, but this is no requirement. We might need quite a few so, the sooner we can start this selection process the better.

First we need a responsible hard working person to coordinate this that is not currently already saturated.

James

P.S. if you are not comfortable with bter holding the funds for 2 to 4 weeks, just buy in the last hour it will be well know what the expiration hour is and we can make much larger volumes available the last hours if this is an issue

###

If the community is OK with me hodling the BTCD funds, this would simply things, but if not we can also treat the BTCD the same way

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:18:49 AM

Cross post regarding escrow of IPO funds:

I am working with HumanFractal and DomP on a distributed solution. The basic idea would be as follows:

using 2 of 3 (in reality probably bigger numbers will be used)
I would have the emergency backup key, I dont want to be needed for every tx!
freeworm would have one of the keys needed
there will be a pool of N trusted people from the NXT, BTC and BTCD communities who have the third key

Each block of X BTC would be put into a multisig acct
so X would be approx net BTC / N, where net BTC is after the 1% for costs, 10% for supertraders and some amount that is not an issue for bter to hold and I like the looks of Xapo and even Coinbase for some 10% level amounts. All tx will be publicly documented.

I posted the disbursement procedure a few pages back (I hope noashh will make a convenient page with all such things in one place) so when there is a disbursement needed, the approval is posted and the first of the N trustees who is available would do the payment tx.

If I appear to be taken over by aliens or appearing to be a monkey, then the community can raise an objection before disbursement is completed. However if it is a disbursement within the prescribed authority, the trustees are honor bound to release payment.

Now I know people from NXT and BTCD communities, but not so many from the BTC world itself, so I really need some help in getting this list of trusted members. I cant be the one to coordinate this list as there needs to be arms length between me and the trustees, so somebody else has to step up to coordinate this effort. The list will be vetted by the community and if there are any credible objections, then that would probably be enough for rejection.

Anyway, this is something I just started today so I apologize for its rough state, but the key is the selection of the trustees. I think people would feel much better if the trustees are significant stakeholders in SuperNET, but this is no requirement. We might need quite a few so, the sooner we can start this selection process the better.

First we need a responsible hard working person to coordinate this that is not currently already saturated.

James

P.S. if you are not comfortable with bter holding the funds for 2 to 4 weeks, just buy in the last hour it will be well know what the expiration hour is and we can make much larger volumes available the last hours if this is an issue

###

If the community is OK with me hodling the BTCD funds, this would simply things, but if not we can also treat the BTCD the same way

BTCD has less than 1,200,000 coins. We're at over 20 million here, so yeah...we won't be seeing those prices anytime soon.

BTCD's price at the moment is a pump. IMO, I think it's like Cloak...just smoke and mirrors. At the end of the day, all of those ideas sound really good...but they won't come to be.

XST has a good chance of being used in markets, which will give it more than just speculative value. I've yet to see a more professional...down to earth...goal driven team...then what I see here.

I'm not hating on BTCD, and wish it well, but we'll talk about how awesome it is after everything is implemented.

where is the coding?
and the scam continue on...

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
true2self

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:23:23 AM

So staking BTCD will give 5% of BTCD + 5% of SuperNET revenues. Right?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:00:48 AM

So staking BTCD will give 5% of BTCD + 5% of SuperNET revenues. Right?
yes
I am glad you have done your homeworks
Smiley

PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:21:08 AM

I'm very curious what will happen to BTCD today. What do you guys think? Will it remain around 0.014 or will we see up or down movement?
Im not sure if I have to buy more or  wait!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:35:23 AM

I'm very curious what will happen to BTCD today. What do you guys think? Will it remain around 0.014 or will we see up or down movement?
Im not sure if I have to buy more or  wait!
anything can happen, but I wrote a lot of text so few will really understand the value of BTCD for a while
the ICO should provide a price floor, only small chances of a big drop
cant say what could happen on the upside

benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

Im not sure if I have to buy more or  wait!

you will receiving personal message from jl777 to buy bitcoindark scam in a minute or two
he is here 24/7 for you all, the more BTC's you put into his piggy bank the more happy messages you will receiving   Grin

edit; oh wait, he's already answered. i've quoted the message but go for pee.
like i said, he's here 24/7 to answer all the questions. all of his answers would be to put all your BTC's into his piggy bank.

bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:32:40 AM

AltcoinWarehouse is proud to announce that our public beta test is now LIVE and accepting BitcoinDark

Visit our topic for more information:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758461.msg8697660#msg8697660
Click here for our Coinssource Trust Verification.

We are still looking for investors. Visit our topic to find out how our investors are richly rewarded! If you are interested in investing you can send us a PM or contact mike@altcoinwarehouse.com

Sorry, but I think people here are hodlers. This is BTCD ! Not doge or USDe.
Although you are welcome, don't expect me to give a single BTCD for your goodies.  Grin

O_o
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:35:40 AM

Im not sure if I have to buy more or  wait!

you will receiving personal message from jl777 to buy bitcoindark scam in a minute or two
he is here 24/7 for you all, the more BTC's you put into his piggy bank the more happy messages you will receiving   Grin

like i said, he's here 24/7 to answer all the questions. all of his answers would be to put all your BTC's into his piggy bank.
Do you believe anyone here believes you?
We are not made of cheese.  Cheesy

O_o
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:50:41 AM

This is not cool benthach. If you have any problem with BTCD or SuperNET, keep it to yourself or make your own thread. I doubt how many people will visit your thread to read your FUDs.

It should be clear to you by now that we DON'T need your secret info based on nothing. BTCD hodlers will not change their mind based on what you say. At least, not me and I guess more people will agree the same. We are investing our money in this coin and we will decide what to do. If it goes down, we go down with it. And, we wouldn't need your sympathy.

If you are behaving the same after this post, you will once again prove that a dog's tail can't be straightned. So, PLEASE stop doing that.

Thanks for the understanding.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:53:12 AM

This is not cool benthach. If you have any problem with BTCD or SuperNET, keep it to yourself or make your own thread. I doubt how many people will visit your thread to read your FUDs.

It should be clear to you by now that we DON'T need your secret info. BTCD hodlers will not change their mind based on what you say. At least, not me and I guess more people will agree the same. We are investing our money in this coin and we will decide what to do. If it goes down, we go down with it. And, we wouldn't need your sympathy.

If you are behaving the same after this post, you will once again prove that a dog's tail can't be straightned. So, PLEASE stop doing that.

Thanks for the understanding.

so this work

Shurugwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:01:17 AM

AltcoinWarehouse is proud to announce that our public beta test is now LIVE and accepting BitcoinDark

We are still looking for investors. Visit our topic to find out how our investors are richly rewarded! If you are interested in investing you can send us a PM or contact mike@altcoinwarehouse.com

Although you are welcome, don't expect me to give a single BTCD for your goodies.  Grin

Being able to trade a crypto for actual goods gives it more value. Holding just for the sake of holding is short sighted. If you cannot eventually exchange the crypo you hold for a lollipop then whats the point beyond pure speculation.

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:39:51 AM

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Although you are welcome, don't expect me to give a single BTCD for your goodies.  Grin

Being able to trade a crypto for actual goods gives it more value. Holding just for the sake of holding is short sighted. If you cannot eventually exchange the crypo you hold for a lollipop then whats the point beyond pure speculation.

As you are not short sighted, go on then. Buy a webcam with your btcd.
I will be hodling for months, when price will rise and settle. It's too dumb to give btcd when you expect next month btcd may be x3 more.
This is a collecting period.
Someone who was not short sighted like me, spent 10000 bitcoins to buy a pizza some months ago

Edit: Sorry, it was two pizzas.

O_o
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 12:03:21 PM

I will be hodling for months, when price will rise and settle. It's too dumb to give btcd when you expect next month btcd may be x3 more.
Someone who was not short sighted like me, spent 10000 bitcoins to buy a pizza some months ago

I'd buy a pizza or something with my btcd

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:04:37 PM

I'd buy a pizza or something with my btcd
I'd buy a pizza if it's 0.01 btcd Cheesy

O_o
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

please don't feed the troll, take your hard earn money and feed the scammer instead

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

please don't feed the troll, take your hard earn money and feed the scammer instead
would you do us all a favor and go back to your favorite coins?
OK, you hate btcd, you don't like it, you think it's a scam, you think there is a scammer behind it.
We got your point.
This is a thread for those who love being scammed.   Wink

Thank you!

O_o
MrFeiLong

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:27:36 PM

Guys exactly what for are those TOKENs? They give permission to be a part of SuperNet?  Huh
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:41:43 PM

Guys exactly what for are those TOKENs? They give permission to be a part of SuperNet?  Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8699253#msg8699253

Have a look around there it might help

Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: