Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:48:18 AM

For those wanting to build the QT wallet on linux, please make sure to read down to the part about build configuration options....
https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst

If you don't have miniupnp installed then you will have to build without UPNP support or it wont compile..
qmake USE_UPNP=-

Alternatively you can install miniupnp before building.  On Ubuntu this can be done by installing the libminiupnpc-dev package...
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

Thank you Paul.

I have BitcoinDark-qt now but how do i run it?  Grin

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:50:29 AM

Some good progress. Along the way we made a few bugs, but now all is testing well with the existing blockchain.

There are 4 changes I have asked for that will complete the core work needed from BTCDdev and now the builds should be much easier with Mac and even Windows, so the BTCD daemon is looking very close.

I drastically simplified the internal complexity by gutting the TCP totally and switching to a UDP only statemachine approach. Each node will have a separate state machine relative to every other node. So all the complexity will be the specific state differences. As long as each state machine is solid, then the entire peer to peer set of states will be solid.

The removal of TCP removes a Dos attack vector of tying up the sockets on a node. With UDP you will need to saturate its entire connection with junk traffic. Due to the strong nested onion encryption, this is really the only practical attack vector that I can think of. [Other than swat teams confiscating all the nodes!]

I also realized that since it is not possible to know when the final layer of the onion has been peeled, the fact that you are even talking to a specific privacyServer is actually the bigger info leak than anything the privacyServer can determine about you! So, I am switching to routing via randomly selected privacyServer for all traffic.

Over the months I had scrubbed all the info that can be gleaned from the privacyServer, so this actually simplifies things even more as there are no special privacyServers for each node.

James

P.S. If anybody is on a Mac, can you try to build following the instructions on https://github.com/jl777/btcd
It is still a dev version and can be any state of bugginess, but the build process can be verified and this will help save time. So, the question is if it builds and links. you can run it too, but please dont keep it live as I am trying to keep a controlled test going

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:52:39 AM

For those wanting to build the QT wallet on linux, please make sure to read down to the part about build configuration options....
https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst

If you don't have miniupnp installed then you will have to build without UPNP support or it wont compile..
qmake USE_UPNP=-

Alternatively you can install miniupnp before building.  On Ubuntu this can be done by installing the libminiupnpc-dev package...
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

Thank you Paul.

I have BitcoinDark-qt now but how do i run it?  Grin
The easy bit!  from your shell you can run
./BitcoinDark-qt &
(the & means that it runs in a new process so you dont need to leave the shell open afterwards)
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:06:20 AM

Man this is harder than i thought lol.

root@Server:~/bitcoindark# ./BitcoinDark-qt &
[1] 13045
root@Server:~/bitcoindark# QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display

I will take you up on your offer in irc Paul Tongue

#dumbass123

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

futurist

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:22:06 AM

[1] 13045

#dumbass123

No centralized organization can provide this level of support.  Grin
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:25:55 AM

[1] 13045

#dumbass123

Are you on a server with gui support?

If you are on a command line only, use BitcoinDarkd
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:28:01 AM

[1] 13045

#dumbass123

Only on command line but i cannot see that file, I think i may just install a GUI on this server but security wise not very good

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:31:35 AM

[1] 13045

#dumbass123

Only on command line but i cannot see that file, I think i may just install a GUI on this server but security wise not very good

If you are only on a command line, then you cannot run a BitcoinDark-qt. Run BitcoinDarkd, it runs just as well.

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:49:17 AM

Note to self:  When building a new trading bot, do not let it loose with all of your coins until it is fully tested!!

I now have even more BTCD.  not a terrible thing.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:44:17 AM

Would the community be willing to run 100+ privacyServer VPS?

I think I figured out how to delink the IP address from the account even to the privacyServer!

What that means is that it could be possible to be communicate with any other node on the SuperNET, but neither knowing the IP address of the other, nor would any privacyServer know this either.

Sounds crazy, but using probabilistic routing (just thought of this while rewriting the UDP code) for each layer of the onion route it is not even known which of the N nodes you send the packet to is the one that will forward it on. This does increase the overall UDP packet traffic by something like 4, but maybe it can be reduced to 1.5 if we accept some delays and retries.

I didnt think I could remove even the knowledge of the IPaddress/account linkage between a node and its privacyServer, but I think it will work and with actually a much simpler internal structure and making everything symmetrical.

So, with the IP details not even required this allows random selection of the privacyServers to use without worry that they are controlled by an attacker. Even if it is, they wont know the packet originated from your node.

This however would require about 100 VPS to handle the expected load and their IP addresses need to be published as otherwise nobody would know who to contact in the first place without some large overhead of random discovery packet sendings.

James

P.S. we can certainly start with a smaller number like 10 and see how it handles the load.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:25:44 AM

P.S. we can certainly start with a smaller number like 10 and see how it handles the load.

Whatever is necessary. A lot of hosting companies offer a free trial. What are the minimum requirements (CPU, RAM) and how long do you need them (3 days, 2 weeks, 1 month)?
CPU is not so important, the bandwidth would probably be the most important and this is dependent on the number of nodes. it would be an indefinite need assuming it works. These nodes could also be sources for aged telepods and other handy things to have a community run set of servers that is not tied to any specific person

James

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:15:21 AM

Whatever is necessary. A lot of hosting companies offer a free trial. What are the minimum requirements (CPU, RAM) and how long do you need them (3 days, 2 weeks, 1 month)?
CPU is not so important, the bandwidth would probably be the most important and this is dependent on the number of nodes. it would be an indefinite need assuming it works. These nodes could also be sources for aged telepods and other handy things to have a community run set of servers that is not tied to any specific person

James

Given say $10 a month per server, $1000 is peanuts.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

DaiBoyCookie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:56:09 AM

Hi Guys
First time poster on this thread.
I'm trying to find a forum for bitcoindark multipool mining, does one exist?

cryptillian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:09:46 AM

Hi Guys

on page 1 there are multipool listings enjoy
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:11:04 PM

James

I'm sure the dev team can use our continuing donation fund to pay for a large amount of VPS systems.

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:34:54 PM

P.S. If anybody is on a Mac, can you try to build following the instructions on https://github.com/jl777/btcd
It is still a dev version and can be any state of bugginess, but the build process can be verified and this will help save time. So, the question is if it builds and links. you can run it too, but please dont keep it live as I am trying to keep a controlled test going

I'll try that, but might take me till the weekend since I'm short on time Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:35:27 PM

Hi Guys

You can find the BTCD multipool links in my signature as well as a link to the thread on this forum.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:38:17 PM

James

I can provide a VPS worth ~$100 month. Unsure how many privacyServer would be able to run on it but willing to load it up.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

James

is this something that can be done on a laptop from home? I have a pretty decent connection but would need some instructions on what to do.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:43:54 PM

I think I figured out how to delink the IP address from the account even to the privacyServer!

What that means is that it could be possible to be communicate with any other node on the SuperNET, but neither knowing the IP address of the other, nor would any privacyServer know this either.

Sounds crazy, but using probabilistic routing (just thought of this while rewriting the UDP code) for each layer of the onion route it is not even known which of the N nodes you send the packet to is the one that will forward it on. This does increase the overall UDP packet traffic by something like 4, but maybe it can be reduced to 1.5 if we accept some delays and retries.

I didnt think I could remove even the knowledge of the IPaddress/account linkage between a node and its privacyServer, but I think it will work and with actually a much simpler internal structure and making everything symmetrical.

So, with the IP details not even required this allows random selection of the privacyServers to use without worry that they are controlled by an attacker. Even if it is, they wont know the packet originated from your node.

This however would require about 100 VPS to handle the expected load and their IP addresses need to be published as otherwise nobody would know who to contact in the first place without some large overhead of random discovery packet sendings.

James

I could provide up to 6 or 7 VPS instances for initial testing and if feasible, longterm as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: