Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R3-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 22021 times)
KlatsBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:59:29 PM

My R3 has been running for a while, and I have tried some different setups via Rockminer web. (Btw, is v0.94 the latest firmware?)

My stats: 469 GH/s average (about 430 GH/s poolside)
It's running at freq 320M with 8,15 % reject rate. At 300M the hash is a bit higher but the reject rate goes up to about 13% if I remember right.

Any suggestions for a better setup? Can I cut down the reject rate somehow?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:21:23 PM

My R3 has been running for a while, and I have tried some different setups via Rockminer web. (Btw, is v0.94 the latest firmware?)

It's running at freq 320M with 8,15 % reject rate. At 300M the hash is a bit higher but the reject rate goes up to about 13% if I remember right.

.94 is the latest I've been using. 470 is a bit lower than 490 or so I'd expect, what PSU are you running? Reject rate of 8% is pretty standard, 13% isn't.

KlatsBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:27:45 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 02:10:08 AM by KlatsBit

.94 is the latest I've been using. 470 is a bit lower than 490 or so I'd expect, what PSU are you running? Reject rate of 8% is pretty standard, 13% isn't.

I'm using a Corsair CX750M. One blade is a bit slower, may be caused by the 6-pin extension, haven't tried to switch.
Cactipsi

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:41:45 PM

Any idea if i can ssh in through putty to do an web ui upgrade or do i have to move the Sd cards around again?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:57:01 PM

Any idea if i can ssh in through putty to do an web ui upgrade or do i have to move the Sd cards around again?

Instructions for SSH web UI upgrade are in the FAQ in OP, section 6.

cesarm

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

Any improvement in the hash/reject rate ?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:59:43 PM

Any improvement in the hash/reject rate ?

Not that I know of, no.

Niggle

Activity: 66

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:27:10 PM

Hey Dogie, any inside news on the little 110gh machine that rockminer is releasing at the end of August that runs on an Xbox 360 PSU? I'm interested in this machine. Thanks.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Hey Dogie, any inside news on the little 110gh machine that rockminer is releasing at the end of August that runs on an Xbox 360 PSU? I'm interested in this machine. Thanks.

Not that I know of, sorry.

Cactipsi

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

Hey dogie, just thought i would say keep up the good work mate, you make life a bit easier for alot of people out there, and dont often get thanked for it, so cheers mate

Seperate issue, has any one else noticed that rockminers web interface has done nothing but remove information, there was a problem with HW errors so they removed that stat, and said it was fixed, then specific blades where outperforming others in terms of rejects, so they removed that stat, then the Rasp pi kept rebooting all the time so they removed the uptime clock, and said that was fixed, i personally think it a bit strange that they say our problem is fixed with the new images but we cant check and see because they remove the info related to the original problem, i would kike to make it clear at this point that even if i cant see it on there web interface, i know it is still happening, according to my pool stats nothing has changed at all over 3 image updates, any one else seeing this happening
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

Hey dogie, just thought i would say keep up the good work mate, you make life a bit easier for alot of people out there, and dont often get thanked for it, so cheers mate

Seperate issue, has any one else noticed that rockminers web interface has done nothing but remove information, there was a problem with HW errors so they removed that stat, and said it was fixed, then specific blades where outperforming others in terms of rejects, so they removed that stat, then the Rasp pi kept rebooting all the time so they removed the uptime clock, and said that was fixed, i personally think it a bit strange that they say our problem is fixed with the new images but we cant check and see because they remove the info related to the original problem, i would kike to make it clear at this point that even if i cant see it on there web interface, i know it is still happening, according to my pool stats nothing has changed at all over 3 image updates, any one else seeing this happening

What's the latest image you're using?

Cactipsi

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:26:51 AM

I used the upgrade.sh feature and am now on .94, i had the first image released for the rk-box though originally which has tons of info compared to what i am seeing now, i should also note i have 2 sporadic crashes over night, they are only momentary by the looks of it, but enough time to register on the charts, which has been the case since the originals, this is an issue with the pi or its software though as i have another smaller unit (just 2 rk blades) strapped together running on a computer, and they do great 2 percent rejects max around 240ghs average with no overclock and no random crashing, so i am going to assume (in my noobiness wisdom lol) that its something with the pi software being used, as the pi themselves are great little things
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 01:24:45 AM

I used the upgrade.sh feature and am now on .94, i had the first image released for the rk-box though originally which has tons of info compared to what i am seeing now, i should also note i have 2 sporadic crashes over night, they are only momentary by the looks of it, but enough time to register on the charts, which has been the case since the originals, this is an issue with the pi or its software though as i have another smaller unit (just 2 rk blades) strapped together running on a computer, and they do great 2 percent rejects max around 240ghs average with no overclock and no random crashing, so i am going to assume (in my noobiness wisdom lol) that its something with the pi software being used, as the pi themselves are great little things

On .94 I still have reject rate and individual blade hash rates, can you show me a screenshot?

Cactipsi

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:05:56 AM

Yeah the total reject is still there up the top, but it used to have another box next to the hash rate of each blade telling you the HW and Reject rate for that individual blade, ill load up one of the old images i still have on my computer and show you a screen shot of it in a while, just sorting through some other stuff aswell trying to get some software to run correctly, but yeah all i can see is stuff being removed from the image so you cant see the problems, which i would once again like to point out are a problem with the software on the image, and not the miner as my computer runs them like champions
(dont want people thinking im bashing a perfectly good bit of hardware, its the half done software im having issues with lol)
cesarm

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:23:51 AM

@Dogie

Are you planning to test the T1 Box ?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:28:27 AM

@Dogie

Will do if I can get hold of a unit.

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

Got an R4 box, which came with the PI, but no image.
I tried to DL the image from the rockminer website, but it's corrupt when I try to unzip.
Im looking for an image for the PI to run this on.
Can anyone point me to a link?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:17:00 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 02:59:05 PM by dogie

Got an R4 box, which came with the PI, but no image.
I tried to DL the image from the rockminer website, but it's corrupt when I try to unzip.
Im looking for an image for the PI to run this on.
Can anyone point me to a link?

DLing now to have a look.

Edit: Image looks fine?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:18:41 PM

@Dogie

Will do if I can get hold of a unit.

Done.

cannachris

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:38:58 AM

I am having problems with the r3-box restarting very often and every 1-8hrs it hangs on restarting and just shows "cgminer is restarting" at the top in of the interface in red three times but it never does and just hangs and never starts mining again. Has anyone else had issues with this?

I found this when translating rockminers site:

Raspberry send frequent restart

1 ambient temperature is too high lead (above 37 degrees), please try to keep around the mining machine ventilation.
2. SD card is faulty, by re-programming the mirror or replace the SD card solved.
3 with a USB data cable shorted lead to instability, check whether the USB cable OK.

nr. 1 is definitely not a problem, And if the sd card is corrupted should it  not be not mining at all?

Has anyone succesfully ran it on a windows pc with cgminer? (can you use a stock cgminer 4.5.0 (which supports r-box) or do you need their fork?) because then i could use cgwatcher to reboot when no shares are accepted or perhaps identify if the problem is in the miner itself or in the pi.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: