Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOAN NEEDED] [CLOSED] 180 BTC  (Read 1375 times)
trentzb (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:54:00 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2012, 06:52:23 AM by trentzb

I am interested in a 2 week loan of 180 BTC preferably from one individual. I don't believe in charging or paying interest for loans however I would provide a gratuity or a "thank you" of at least 5% of the loan amount for the 14 day period to whoever funds the loan.

The loan will fund a purchase I need to make within the next 2 days and cover me while I move cash (USD) to an exchange to buy BTC.

If interested in servicing this loan PM me. If you have questions feel free to post here in this thread. I have performed many successful trades on the forums here. I am listed several times (buried deep) in the Honest Traders thread.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

I did resist asking this for a while, but have you ever obtained consumer credit, owned a credit card or had a car/house loan?  If the answer is yes to any of these, your post should be revised.

Loans cost, and as a lender, I will charge interest.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 05:35:22 AM

I am interested in a 2 week loan of 180 BTC preferably from one individual. I don't believe in charging or paying interest for loans however I would provide a gratuity or a "thank you" of at least 5% of the loan amount for the 14 day period to whoever funds the loan.

The loan will fund a purchase I need to make within the next 2 days and cover me while I move cash (USD) to an exchange to buy BTC.

If interested in servicing this loan PM me. If you have questions feel free to post here in this thread. I have performed many successful trades on the forums here. I am listed several times (buried deep) in the Honest Traders thread.

Thanks!

I understand that you're staff and a hero member and trustworthy, but even with no counterparty risk, there's just the "opportunity cost" of not having the money in the loaned period. I can't use the money while you have it, and furthermore there's massive exchange rate risk, meaning that when you repay me the same coins might be almost completely worthless. Of course, it could go the other way, but it's still risky, regardless of how trustworthy you are. Risk requires a reward and I don't think many people will want to rely solely on your discretion for tips when doing something like this. Someone might prove me wrong though Smiley
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 05:39:02 AM

Uhhh.... He's basically promising gratuity in exchange for the loan. 5% on principal for 14D -- 14D*2=~a month. Thus, MPR is a bit over 10%. I'd love to do this loan, but still don't have access to my wallets.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:22:34 PM

trentzb is investor of IBB, can vouch for him

I would have to comment that investing in something doesn't really count for too much.  Anyone can buy a share and receive dividends.  (I think I have 4 IBB shares, that doesn't mean you can vouch for me.)

Anyway, if trentzb would like to reply in this thread and accept that interest on a loan is reasonable approach to lending, I'd look at this again.  He can call it a gratuity if he likes, but it will be 180 coins with a repayment with 10 coins of interest.  (and as disclosed elsewhere, a portion of profit will be donated to IBB.)
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:32:46 PM

ah, that's very different.  Smiley
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 11:33:16 PM

The difference between paying you a "tip" and paying you interest on the loan may be a very important distinction to him.  If you are happy with the gratuity he is offering then do the loan, if not then don't do the loan.  But, don't try to force him into changing his terminology - he may not be able to do that, right?  Wink

EDIT:  If I had the BTC I would do this loan for the gratuity offered.  Just don't have the BTC at the moment.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
trentzb (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 02:08:13 AM

I have received an offer to service the loan and to answer the questions regarding interest, it may be terminology or beliefs or principle. I have always felt uncomfortable charging or paying interest on a loan and thus I have no conventional credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc. I realize this is not the norm.

If someone offers to lend me some BTC or USD or their lawnmower for the weekend, I feel obligated to return it to them in the same or better condition and offer a "thank you" for the use of it. If someone insists on calling it interest or rental fee so be it, I would prefer not to do business with those folks. If they accept the "thank you" or gratuity as just that then that satisfies me.

I admire many of the principles and beliefs of various religions and cultures which seem to have existed for thousands of years doing business in this manner.

Thank you all for the responses and concern regarding the terminology. I hope this helps to clarify my position.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 02:50:48 AM

Welcome to the Hero level.  Congrats!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:26:32 AM

Just as an update, this has been repaid.  There were a few hiccups due to a bad transfer mechanism on an exchange that held things up, but I am happy with my experience extending credit to trentzb.
trentzb (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:53:01 AM

Patrick was a pleasure to deal with!

Thread closed/locked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: