What do they need?
I'll take a first crack at this. They need a module that is easy to install on their existing board system with the following features:
* Account balances
* Deposit request and fulfillment
* Withdrawal request and fulfillment
* User reputation system with feedback forms
What kind of problems do they have?
* Security of the funds themselves, since multi-sig isn't ready yet, the system should be able to facilitate one or more cold storage addresses. It should enable the admin to check the total BTC in the system and send anything over a reasonable amount of working funds into cold storage. It should also use the deposit mechanism to allow the admin to bring funds back onto the site when a large withdrawal comes. Any discrepancy should hook into the notification system of the board.
* Migrating from existing points systems. This is hard to automate without knowing more of what's out there. Still some tools would be useful generally. For example an automatic conversion utility that pulls in and exchanges point values from other tables into this module's. Another might be an estimator that would help the site-owner figure out how much BTC they'll need to back total holdings at a specific exchange rate. Or perhaps this module can help the owner increase transparency on their existing system and simply enable purchase and sale of points for BTC at whatever price the admin sets.
What bitcoin will enable them to do?
Bitcoin will enable them to attract productive users who wish to be paid for their time and energy. It can also help them develop additional revenue streams by allowing users to purchase forum upgrades, other goods and services from the admin using a widely(moreso than their points) accepted currency.