Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Latest:
Uro Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe9vivW1EO7FpHFQSxPIxg/videos
Uro in the Press: Coindesk: http://goo.gl/TpMPp0
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112355/over-the-next-5-years-the-demand-for-uro-will-far-outstrip-the-total-supply-bohan-huang-urocoin
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-interview-with-bohan-huang-32-questions-from-the-community
Wallets: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (source code): https://github.com/uro-/uro/releases
#Nuro Mobile wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.uro.nurolegacy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Moderated] [ANN][URO] First Urea Commodity Token: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea  (Read 227113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:59:52 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

That's what I really can't get over, aside from the general lack of market demand for such a coin among probably anyone in the commodity trading ecosystem.

And by the way, I know that the average BCT member has a terrible background and no experience with anything remotely approaching any type of financial market, but the fees people pay to banks are for a reason, and in any case the fact that they use dollars or euros vs. URO is not the issue, and if there were a market opportunity to avoid the fees it would be taken completely irrespective of URO.

I don't think I've put anything unfair or hostile in this note, but it isn't cheerleading so will it be deleted...?

Why would Apple sell shares to samsung bobo's?

I guess this goes back to my point that BCT members don't know anything about finance; an URO coin is nothing like a share in apple; GES or whatever is not issuing equity and you are not buying equity in anything by owning URO.  Yikes.

Here: this is from the uro blog

Market creation and growth via “Earned Distribution”: to have a market – you need mass participation. What is the point of Uro if – when it reaches its proper value – that only a few hold it? There will be no point to such a currency – currency is something that is useful for exchange between people – especially strangers. The bigger the market the better – and we believe that the best way to create a large market is through what we call “Earned Distribution”: everyone that is holding Uro have earned them – by mining to keep the network operating, by contributing to the community via posting new information to strengthen its value, by buying some Uro. This is the free market at its best – mass participation with no freeloaders.

Please dont think that only the miners or day traders are on the exchanges- i got a few farmer friends in India and after speaking to them, i have bought some uro for them as well. And m not too sure if Rivaa Exports who placed the first order with 12500 uro were mining either.( here is the transaction http://uroexplorer.cryptocuttlefish.cc/address/UkTxkgTehxnrrmuUdx8hXre2GyUaeNasbW )

Hope this solves your riddle.

Thanks

Let me ask my riddle then this way: if you insist on giving away URO in order to spur adoption, why not give them to people that own urea?  Why give such a valuable amount to miners / etc?  You are giving those parties a totally unreasonable amount of compensation that will massively turn off people that actually own urea.  OK?

It is like if (suppose for a moment I can create URO coins arbitrarily) I told all the owners of URO, who have something that currently has value, that I am creating a ton of new URO and giving them to other people for nothing.  You would scream that the price might crash as they get dumped, why are you doing that, those people don't deserve valuable URO for doing nothing, etc.  You see the issue?  This is what is being done to urea holders.  

Except in practice it will simply prevent urea holders from signing on to the system in the first place.

There are 3 parties involved in a commodities transaction. The producers, the processors and the traders. You can't have a free commodity market without traders.

Are you suggesting that the average URO holder has any ability to trade urea?  You are making my point.  Why give so many URO to miner and investors that have no connection to the urea market?
The network needs miners to maintain it, those miners need to be compensated. Nobody is giving anything to the miners, they earn it. Nobody is giving anything to investors either, they buy it from the miners...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:00:16 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

That's what I really can't get over, aside from the general lack of market demand for such a coin among probably anyone in the commodity trading ecosystem.

And by the way, I know that the average BCT member has a terrible background and no experience with anything remotely approaching any type of financial market, but the fees people pay to banks are for a reason, and in any case the fact that they use dollars or euros vs. URO is not the issue, and if there were a market opportunity to avoid the fees it would be taken completely irrespective of URO.

I don't think I've put anything unfair or hostile in this note, but it isn't cheerleading so will it be deleted...?

I guess this goes back to my point that BCT members don't know anything about finance; an URO coin is nothing like a share in apple; GES or whatever is not issuing equity and you are not buying equity in anything by owning URO.  Yikes.

Market creation and growth via “Earned Distribution”: to have a market – you need mass participation. What is the point of Uro if – when it reaches its proper value – that only a few hold it? There will be no point to such a currency – currency is something that is useful for exchange between people – especially strangers. The bigger the market the better – and we believe that the best way to create a large market is through what we call “Earned Distribution”: everyone that is holding Uro have earned them – by mining to keep the network operating, by contributing to the community via posting new information to strengthen its value, by buying some Uro. This is the free market at its best – mass participation with no freeloaders.

Please dont think that only the miners or day traders are on the exchanges- i got a few farmer friends in India and after speaking to them, i have bought some uro for them as well. And m not too sure if Rivaa Exports who placed the first order with 12500 uro were mining either.( here is the transaction http://uroexplorer.cryptocuttlefish.cc/address/UkTxkgTehxnrrmuUdx8hXre2GyUaeNasbW )

Thanks

Let me ask my riddle then this way: if you insist on giving away URO in order to spur adoption, why not give them to people that own urea?  Why give such a valuable amount to miners / etc?  You are giving those parties a totally unreasonable amount of compensation that will massively turn off people that actually own urea.  OK?

It is like if (suppose for a moment I can create URO coins arbitrarily) I told all the owners of URO, who have something that currently has value, that I am creating a ton of new URO and giving them to other people for nothing.  You would scream that the price might crash as they get dumped, why are you doing that, those people don't deserve valuable URO for doing nothing, etc.  You see the issue?  This is what is being done to urea holders.  

Except in practice it will simply prevent urea holders from signing on to the system in the first place.

There are 3 parties involved in a commodities transaction. The producers, the processors and the traders. You can't have a free commodity market without traders.

This is of course wrong, but more to the point, are you suggesting that the average URO holder has any ability to trade urea?  You are making my point.  Why give so many URO to miner and investors that have no connection to the urea market?

If you truly want to understand, study any commodities exchange. The average holder of URO DOES NOT NEED TO TRADE UREA. They hold a token of trade which can be sold to a PROCESSOR of the COMMODITY. The processor takes the URO (token of trade) and uses it to BUY product from the PRODUCER who then has a token of trade in their vault. Once the majority of tokens have been traded into the vault it creates a vacuum for this token. The producer has the power of the purse and can sell at market prices BACK TO THE BUYERS OF THE PRODUCT.

Once the average trader sells all their URO, it's gone from the hands of the traders, or in this case miners. Not to say you can't still buy it and speculate on Urea/bitcoin market fluctuations.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:01:53 PM

Thanks

Are you suggesting that the average URO holder has any ability to trade urea?  You are making my point.  Why give so many URO to miner and investors that have no connection to the urea market?
The network needs miners to maintain it, those miners need to be compensated. Nobody is giving anything to investors, they buy it from the miners...

There's that also.

DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:14:02 PM

Thanks

The network needs miners to maintain it, those miners need to be compensated. Nobody is giving anything to investors, they buy it from the miners...

There's that also.

And those miners need to be compensated $300mm+ USD?

"Nobody is giving anything to investors, they buy it from the miners... "

YES THEY ARE (theoretically)!  That is what 1 URO = 1 tonne urea means.  That urea holders are going to be willing to transfer valuable urea to investors (or any other holders of URO).

Edit: Let me put it a third way.  Premines are bad right?  If you are a urea holder, you are effectively entering into a system with a massive, massive premine by a bunch of miners that do not have any urea.  Do you see the issue now?
aidanok

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:27:27 PM

The network needs miners to maintain it, those miners need to be compensated. Nobody is giving anything to the miners, they earn it. Nobody is giving anything to investors either, they buy it from the miners...

^ This.

The Uro network is already one of the strongest alt-coin networks, and if it reaches the target price it will dwarf all networks except bitcoin. That's important for security, reliability, efficiency.
The alternative is GES setup their own network, which could be implemented in a completely centralized manner since they control all the nodes anyway, it would just be a centralized database.

Another thing is the legal issues, which I don't know much about but I think they are a fairly big factor and by creating a decentralized network that is run by individuals on the internet, and has NO connection to GES, they are avoided.

Thirdly, Bohan has mentioned a few times the Uro Foundation has been setup with philanthropic and R&D purposes in mind. It's not strictly a business venture for them. (But it does have potential to help GES business a lot in the future)

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:28:29 PM

without compenstation pow doesnt work. if 300 mil is the cost im sure these companies were aware, but wait its not even on them to lose money.  it doesnt even cost them unless they sell back to the markets early! its like making a bunch of coupons that have 10-90% off discounts, and as the acceptor of those coupons I can sell them back to the market after 1 turn for 95-105% of the products price. im not actually out any money, and no miner is holding all the way to $300usd.  even the huge address bittrex had was a mine and sell operation.  as speculators buy and sell its basically a value added service to participate in the experiment.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:33:47 PM

And those miners need to be compensated $300mm+ USD?

"Nobody is giving anything to investors, they buy it from the miners... "

YES THEY ARE (theoretically)!  That is what 1 URO = 1 tonne urea means.  That urea holders are going to be willing to transfer valuable urea to investors (or any other holders of URO).

Edit: Let me put it a third way.  Premines are bad right?  If you are a urea holder, you are effectively entering into a system with a massive, massive premine by a bunch of miners that do not have any urea.  Do you see the issue now?

Early miners and traders will get rich, yes, but that is the side effect of getting the project off the ground. You think once this is proven true and the price of a coin shoots up to 300 usd that its going to be easy for future miners or traders to get cheap coin? No. The difficulty will go insane and most small time traders will be shut out just as most of us who missed out on Bitcoin early on are shut out of the big whale trading game.

What does GES or anyonee else mind if you get rich? That is like saying Apple or Microsoft should be mad about their early shareholders who got rich buying their stock cheap lol. The early adopters of URO are being REWARDED for helping setup the first mining and trading economy.

Also might i add early miners didn't have to log on to bittex and give away cheap coin either, they will be the ones crying even more than the skeptical traders who missed out...
aidanok

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

The Urea buyers & sellers are not entering the network for speculation purposes, they want to use it purely to trade Urea more efficiently, so why would they care if people had made money during the establishment of the network? They are unlikely to even think about it.

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:04:08 AM

FYI;
It appears another address has accumulated the 12500 uro needed to make a purchase.  it was the 10k address on the richlist. and just added another 2500 http://uroexplorer.cryptocuttlefish.cc/address/UhHgYj6h3p7NEXo3vEVw2JSp4PYKfhudE5

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
AlfaONE

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:21:01 AM

UROCOIN
Uro in the Press

CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/things-alt-dogecoin-wedding-ire-isracoin-crypto-commodities-go-wild/
CryptoArticles: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-a-real-long-term-cryptocurrency-backed-by-urea-fertilizer
                          : http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-appears-to-be-the-real-deal-and-here-is-why
X-Labs: http://www.xlabstudio.com/analysis.html
CoinSource: http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/uro/

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
AlfaONE

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:30:18 AM

Fresh air here, Thanks!

+1 Guys lets try to reach the 10 BTC for BlockCypher so we can start developing apps

https://twitter.com/BlockCypher/status/487304194139750400

Donation address -> 15qx9ug952GWGTNn7Uiv6vode4RcGrRemh

plus one

AlfaONE

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:38:36 AM

OK we are getting somewhere.. Smiley

Uro in the Press

CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/things-alt-dogecoin-wedding-ire-isracoin-crypto-commodities-go-wild/
CryptoArticles: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-a-real-long-term-cryptocurrency-backed-by-urea-fertilizer
                          : http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-appears-to-be-the-real-deal-and-here-is-why
X-Labs: http://www.xlabstudio.com/analysis.html
CoinSource: http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/uro/

The Uro Foundation (uro.io) Email: foundation@uro.io

true-asset

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:46:45 AM

StartJOIN Concept for Urea Crowdfunding: https://twitter.com/UroFoundation/status/488291972277215232

You're going to crowdfund a 12,500,000 kg order?

What are the projected costs on the sending and receiving ends for the shipping and handling of the 600+ 40'-45' shipping containers, the labor for 100+ workers to load and unload, the fleet of semi-trucks, the ships, etc, etc...  ?

Things shipped in containers - Not urea.

Way to research, dude.

LOL how do you think things are shipped internationally in large quantities? Cardboard boxes? Bags?

A shipping container is a 45-foot long metal storage container that looks like one of those things behind a semi-truck where the trailer goes.

Way to show your general-knowledge skills, dude.

http://qdxinglu.en.alibaba.com/product/623553468-213625275/urea_container.html

For 12,500 metric tonnes?

Bulk carriers.

You keep up your googling though.  I'm sure it'll make you smart some day.

It's saved me from making the gross errors in terminology and judgement that you've made so far.

BZZZT!  INCORRECT ANSWER!

You hilariously thought 12,500 tonnes would be shipped in containers.

Literally LOL at you.

So what are they going to do with half an entire Seawaymax ocean freighter's capacity worth of materials? Send them in some kind of inefficient manner other than a single shipment with the least amount of shipping containers? Because 600 shipping containers and 20-50% of a Seawaymax vessel's net tonnage is what 12,500 tonnes is representative of.

Why would they needlessly spend more money breaking up the shipment into smaller pieces than that? Each division of a single shipment multiplies both the logistic overhead and cost.

Urea is often supplied on a smaller class 12,500 metric tonne capacity cargo ship. This is the reason the Uro Protocol specifies this amount as the minimum order quantity - because it is the capacity of the smallest cargo ship commonly available.

Larger orders are welcomed by all merchants.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
true-asset

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:56:43 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:23:14 AM by true-asset

but can someone please explain to me these other alt coins, why are they a good form a money... please explain anyone? I can see why Uro would be a good form of money it is backed by a real commodity and perhaps I can see why people would rather a anoncoin and a faster form of  money travel.. but btc is plenty fast and anon for me.

A single blockchain can't handle the global volume of transactions. That's why in the end there will be a bunch of cryptos for commodities, industries, countries, various purposes. I'm not talking about a bunch of altcoins we have now but about the new ones that will be made by people who play the real game.

The observation that the Bitcoin blockchain may have issues handling transaction volume in the future as popularity increases is very valid. The size of each block has a configurable limit that may not be increasable to the desired amount to handle the real world load of all the side chains and protocols that are now being built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain.

It is known that the current Bitcoin Core release handles 7 tx/s, where as Visa processes 2000 tx/s. From this perspective, there are advantages to Uro being on a separate blockchain to Bitcoin. Uro's 3 minute block time also allows the Uro blockchain to implicitly handle 200% more transaction volume than the Bitcoin blockchain with its 10 minute block time.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
Raja_ji

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:09:15 AM

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/247   Cool

is there any Indian exchanges already set up?

Jaago Bharat....
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

... Regarding a conversation over Nilesh's questionable financial situation in 2011 Nilesh's shop changed hands to Bohan and Nilesh took over ges:

In reply to another (was deleted originally and it's a mess to copy and paste quoted posts from email)

You're right the shop was taken over by Bohan, and Ges was taken over by Narish (if you look the business addresses match)

http://truhd.com.au/contact-us/
http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-listing/impact-investigations-security-pty-ltd-1517126

I'll check nothing untoward happened regarding outstanding creditors

I felt it necessary to email cbavin@hunthunt.com.au (Nilesh's legal practitioner) regarding this scheme and his hidden millions mostly out of spite for wasting my time typing this again. Hopefully he's done nothing wrong so it wont be an issue.
numbertech

Activity: 428
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:17:42 AM

Great, more news the better. URO unstoppable.

numbertech

Activity: 428
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:22:35 AM

LOGO updated at http://urocointalk.org site

Don't forget to register too.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:25:10 AM

Certain people attempting to post here keep making up stories and presenting them as facts.  They keep getting deleted, as they should.

Look, googling around and playing Internet Detective Squad is utterly pointless if you lack the ability to understand what you find.  You're just wasting your time and looking like a fool.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:31:26 AM

FACT this is Nilesh old site related to the shop Bohans taken over and it's pretty funny!

https://web.archive.org/web/20130524130454/http://impactinvestigations.com.au/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: