Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Latest:
Uro Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe9vivW1EO7FpHFQSxPIxg/videos
Uro in the Press: Coindesk: http://goo.gl/TpMPp0
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112355/over-the-next-5-years-the-demand-for-uro-will-far-outstrip-the-total-supply-bohan-huang-urocoin
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-interview-with-bohan-huang-32-questions-from-the-community
Wallets: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (source code): https://github.com/uro-/uro/releases
#Nuro Mobile wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.uro.nurolegacy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Moderated] [ANN][URO] First Urea Commodity Token: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea  (Read 227113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:54:59 PM

How can URO possibly be a scam if Rivaa really did purchase URO with urea? HOW?HuhHuh? (answer: it can't)

We'll they'll just say the emails were faked...even though the odds of the guy faking it knowing the name of a lowly level Rivaa employee whose name is only mentioned in a March 2011 snapshot of the Rivaa website. Of course ANYTHING is possible but really when all of this evidence piles up it becomes absurd to disbelieve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:05:53 PM

exactly....it's just a matter of weighing the evidence. When I started looking into URO I quickly became convinced that it was the real deal and at one point I went all in.

Then after a few days of reading, I came to the conclusion that URO was an elaborate scam and I sold nearly all my URO.

But I kept reading......

Long story short, this morning I bought back a ton of URO because I now believe in URO even more than I did when I started with URO (although I am no longer all in.....going all in is stupid with ANY coin)

So my opinion is that URO is the real deal. Obviously everyone needs to come to their own conclusions, but from my experience the more you read the more URO you will buy.

Obviously I can't say whether URO will absolutely go up to match the price of 1 ton of urea, but I can say that I am VERY confident that we are not being scammed.

DeepBlue

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:24:26 PM

The only real scam i see is in our minds already. We're scammed to fear the change, resent our best motives and stay in the rotten system.
It is the greatest scam in all the history, it seems to me, to make a man a willing slave. Yet that obvious FUD is so easily sold.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

Do your own research in everything.
rasec

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:57:55 PM

URO is legit. There are already dozens of proof to prove that.

The only thing that's holding this back are the accusations made by greedy scammers who only want to score some cheap coins so they could sell back at over 500% ROI.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:07:43 PM

if i were to order 12500 tons of uro now , when would it be delivered ?
i think i read that there already was a purchase is it possible to get pictures of that (urea being packaged , shipped etc)
davisgreen (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:17:26 PM

if i were to order 12500 tons of uro now , when would it be delivered ?
i think i read that there already was a purchase is it possible to get pictures of that (urea being packaged , shipped etc)
Please make a little effort to read the uro protocol and another important stuff in the OP and the blog. Trust me it will be good after you have read everything.
Thanks

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

so the protocoll comes into effect at august 9 (article 6. 1.) and the latest date the on which the urea will arrive at its destination is 1,5 months after that (article 03 delivery terms)
davisgreen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:51:34 PM

so the protocoll comes into effect at august 9 (article 6. 1.) and the latest date the on which the urea will arrive at its destination is 1,5 months after that (article 03 delivery terms)
it came into effect on July 9th and yes 30-60days after order is placed- see i hope you feel better after reading the important stuff and found your answers aswell Smiley
thanks for your understanding.

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

davisgreen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

uro/btc bittrex charts

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/urobtc

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

Can someone please explain how they ever plan on turning a profit?
Let's pretend that the deal is real and someone just bought 12500 metric tons for about $60 000. That puts them down about $3 000 000.
Until the price of URO/UREA reaches the same price as FIAT/UREA they will be losing money, and if it does reach the same price they still would not be making any money because they are selling UREA.
So do they only plan on making money day trading (which sounds extremely sketchy)? And even if they are, if the price of URO/UREA were to reach the price of FIAT/UREA there would be no reason for people to still hold the coin, which means they will have to buy back any coins that people sell or else they will be still be selling UREA at a loss.
Am I missing something?

They bought 12500 metric tons for 12,500 URO not $60,000. How much they paid for the URO is irrelevant. Eventually when the company that sells the urea for URO has the majority of the URO it then sells it back at market prices to the buyers of urea.

davisgreen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:24:53 PM

Let's pretend that the deal is real and someone just bought 12500 metric tons for about $60 000. That puts them down about $3 000 000.
Until the price of URO/UREA reaches the same price as FIAT/UREA they will be losing money, and if it does reach the same price they still would not be making any money because they are selling UREA.
So do they only plan on making money day trading (which sounds extremely sketchy)? And even if they are, if the price of URO/UREA were to reach the price of FIAT/UREA there would be no reason for people to still hold the coin, which means they will have to buy back any coins that people sell or else they will be still be selling UREA at a loss.
Am I missing something?

There are many theories and this is one of them http://pastebin.com/ZC0QcEBk

Hope it solves or sheds some light on your mystery.

Thanks

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

Am I missing something?

They bought 12500 metric tons for 12,500 URO not $60,000. How much they paid for the URO is irrelevant. Eventually when the company that sells the urea for URO has the majority of the URO it then sells it back at market prices to the buyers of urea.
How much someone paid for the URO is relevant because they just gave them $3 million worth of UREA. It doesn't matter what price they sell the URO back at because they will have to give away another $3million worth of UREA.

Okay, point taken. I gave it some heavy thought and I think I've concluded ges wlll make up the difference in the spread, that is sell the uro back on the market for slightly more than market prices. That way both parties still avoid bank charges and ges recoups the initial costs. Not to mention fraud.

AlfaONE

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:04:44 PM

POOLS?

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
morten_s

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:16:28 PM

Am I missing something?

How much someone paid for the URO is relevant because they just gave them $3 million worth of UREA. It doesn't matter what price they sell the URO back at because they will have to give away another $3million worth of UREA.
Yes, and then the wholesaler sell the uro back to market again, always "one step in front", until the farmer decides to buy from another wholesaler that adopted uro.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:17:37 PM

Ok but it still doesnt seem like enough. They will still have to suffer the losses from however much URO is bought up before it reaches the FIAT/UREA price and the only amount of 'profit' being made would be however much they dont have to pay in banking fees, which the article says is paid by the importers anyways. They are also still going to have to sell the BTC they receive, and pay the banking fees when they buy more UREA.
The OP also talks about how much it hurts the small farmers but they have a minimum order of 12 500 mts.
Since it seems like the only benefit is the banking fees, why didnt they just do a 100% premine and offer to sell and rebuy the coin from their website in exchange for the UREA at a fixed price?

Uro should, over time, help stabilize the price of urea, which is highly volatile.

And if it doesn't stabilize the overall market, it still lets the participants stabilize their own prices.  They can determine when to buy or sell uro, and do so in a way that's advantageous to them. 

hobopete

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:42:34 PM

Am I missing something?

[/quot

Okay, point taken. I gave it some heavy thought and I think I've concluded ges wlll make up the difference in the spread, that is sell the uro back on the market for slightly more than market prices. That way both parties still avoid bank charges and ges recoups the initial costs. Not to mention fraud.

it depends upon economy of scale...as long as they have sufficient cash flow form other customers to pay the fiat bills, they can effectively create a closed economy wherein they control all of the uro available, by keeping it in circulation amongst themselves. The only coins available on the market would be the new coins mined at the rate of 1 per block.. competition among miners would be fierce, keeping the hashrate high to maintain the network. Once they control the entire supply, it will be worth exactly what they are willing to pay for it on the market, as it is specific to their industry and their contracts. if they offer, say, 10-15% below the current market price of urea, that is a tremendous boost in margins for them. (and right now the miners are selling it for a buck and a half a coin). Like Bitcoin, those who buy cheap and hold for a year or more will see huge profits. I think with all the controversy, the big investors will wait and see until it's too late for them to grab millions worth of this coin. IF these companies are big enough to pull it off. Anyone got insight into financial statements from Rivaa? I don't know reporting requirements for India, but if they have gross revenues in the 100m USD range, we can be fairly sure the others would also be big enough to pull it off. They wouldn't need scab companies to do this. In essence, they're buying hashrate. Once they control the majority of the coins, they become the de facto "centralized exchange". It's a little complicated, and would fill a book to explain all of the factors involved, but in a year,or two, they will control the entire coin supply. it's worth many millions per year to them after that, unless many other businesses begin accepting uro in payment, at which point it becomes .....a Privately held "fiat currency". which is still worth big money to them on transaction fee savings. These guys aren't meeting in alleys with suitcases full of rupees. This will create business opportunities for people to order tonnes of urea at a fraction of the cost, and retail it a t a huge profit- but only for a short while. That's the area where there might be scams, but the coin itself is legit, I think.
AlfaONE

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:59:54 PM

My understanding for URO in the market place is,   to reduce the Banking charges and fees and time delays that bank takes to issue the LC.  According to 1 report by GES it was saving them around 100K plus on each transaction.  

So what does GES do with the URO that has a current value of $4? it holds the URO (5yr plan"NEIR report") and builds confidence in the URO structure until it meets the market value, then sells or does whet most of the other "bigger" companies do, locks it in the bank and barrows 10X against it's current value of $300=1 URO....

URO actually makes these international companies look good ("world first", "helping farmers" "funding schools" ..."), they use it as there marketing tool "helping farmers in third world countries" most Gov. love all this and hence GES gets more tenders...Although it seems like GES is losing $3Million on every transaction, the  Fact surrounding these "Fat boys" is actually, they make 20-30Million on every contract and with URO they are getting more contracts and tenders..."GES Pakistan office most active when URO hits the Markets"

I really do not think companies like GES care much about losing 3Million now and getting 30Million within 5years.  It is great for us as we know 1URO will hit $300  Smiley

Ok but it still doesnt seem like enough. They will still have to suffer the losses from however much URO is bought up before it reaches the FIAT/UREA price and the only amount of 'profit' being made would be however much they dont have to pay in banking fees, which the article says is paid by the importers anyways. They are also still going to have to sell the BTC they receive, and pay the banking fees when they buy more UREA.
The OP also talks about how much it hurts the small farmers but they have a minimum order of 12 500 mts.
Since it seems like the only benefit is the banking fees, why didnt they just do a 100% premine and offer to sell and rebuy the coin from their website in exchange for the UREA at a fixed price?

Uro should, over time, help stabilize the price of urea, which is highly volatile.

And if it doesn't stabilize the overall market, it still lets the participants stabilize their own prices.  They can determine when to buy or sell uro, and do so in a way that's advantageous to them. 

How will it help stabilize the market? The people involved cannot afford to sell URO at a lower rate than the FIAT/UREA otherwise someone will just constantly be profiting off of them.
It will only ever be advantageous to the people buying 12 500 URO at a time which means the companies involved with this will just be constantly losing money.
It wouldnt make sense to buy URO in the hopes that the price of UREA will go up unless you want to day trade fertilizer.

AlfaONE

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:22:44 AM

everything is possible, I guess.  It would be nice to get some clear answers, directly from the horses mouth

This is just speculation, a random theory, but has anyone ever considered that GES is just bullish on BTC's future, and this is a clever industry & marketing tool that facilitates business and helps them build a BTC bankroll without FIAT->BTC transactions directly on the books? It drives business, is great marketing (innovative new tech), and possibly (I'm no international finance expert) helps them obfuscate or avoid capital gains on BTC in the coming years?

Raja_ji

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:59:50 AM

Yes this makes more sense for international companies. Its all about the image "Uro to help farmers" just by putting this on there marketing materials, they will increase there chances by 100% in getting tenders and contracts. In India they love the fact international companies are helping Indian Farmers.  yes I see that urocoin getting a lot of support from commodity based traders, why not? everyone wins. The buyer pays very little, the farmers saves on the cost of urea, Urocoin goes up in value, GES gets it millions from bank loans.

My understanding for URO in the market place is,   to reduce the Banking charges and fees and time delays that bank takes to issue the LC.  According to 1 report by GES it was saving them around 100K plus on each transaction.  

So what does GES do with the URO that has a current value of $4? it holds the URO (5yr plan"NEIR report") and builds confidence in the URO structure until it meets the market value, then sells or does whet most of the other "bigger" companies do, locks it in the bank and barrows 10X against it's current value of $300=1 URO....

URO actually makes these international companies look good ("world first", "helping farmers" "funding schools" ..."), they use it as there marketing tool "helping farmers in third world countries" most Gov. love all this and hence GES gets more tenders...Although it seems like GES is losing $3Million on every transaction, the  Fact surrounding these "Fat boys" is actually, they make 20-30Million on every contract and with URO they are getting more contracts and tenders..."GES Pakistan office most active when URO hits the Markets"

I really do not think companies like GES care much about losing 3Million now and getting 30Million within 5years.  It is great for us as we know 1URO will hit $300  Smiley

How will it help stabilize the market? The people involved cannot afford to sell URO at a lower rate than the FIAT/UREA otherwise someone will just constantly be profiting off of them.
It will only ever be advantageous to the people buying 12 500 URO at a time which means the companies involved with this will just be constantly losing money.
It wouldnt make sense to buy URO in the hopes that the price of UREA will go up unless you want to day trade fertilizer.

Jaago Bharat....
bubbabubba27

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:37:50 AM

Ok be warned... you might want to put on your tinfoil hat before reading any further. I'd also like to preface this with that I am in fact a URO bag holder and this is not fud...

This is my for fun but slightly serious URO conspiracy theory. I think it is the US governments entry into the big boy crypto game.

1. The name URO...what can URO stand for, a quick google and you'll see one of the abbreviations is User Readout. For instance:

http://www.epg.army.mil/jointtools.aspx
"User Read-Out (URO) Data Collection simulates the URO device connected to the Enhance Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS) to input subnet assignment characteristics and send indirect communications routed through the Network Control System or direct communications over a previously established local sub network."

Ok ok but thats a word used by computer people everywhere blah blah. The gov loves using code names with double meaning and I just think its interesting that the whole premise of URO could just be purely for user readout and easier tracking and hacking access to a wide variety of crypto users all around the world.

2.So I think the gov is using URO to track and get information about people using crypto currency. They weren't able to control BTC so this is their attempt into the space. I think it is in fact a scam being run by the CIA/NSA. Perhaps they've installed backdoors into the network or who knows what, but we do know there tech is always at least a decade ahead of the public and that the NSA's abilities basically know no bounds. They can use the URO network for monitoring/hacking and then easily be the biggest whale in the market and cash it all out to some CIA black ops fund when they're done.

3. Think about how sketchy and flimsy all the connections are with the GES business, offices, and where they're supposedly selling the UREA. It is not hard to fathom that this would be an easy show for the CIA/NSA to put on. Using their tech and backdoors to make new websites look like they've been around for years. Using their agents and connections to pay off or force a couple people in India/pakistan wherever to get involved.

4. Now think about the trolls releasing FUD 24/7 early on that were most certainly paid. We already know the gov uses shills like this all the time on social media and sites like reddit to manipulate public opinion. Perhaps it was so they themselves could buy up all the coins cheap, or maybe it was to just make this whole thing more believable. I don't know why but I do know it makes sense they'd be gov trolls cause I don't see other companies interested or informed enough day 1 to be doing that.

5. Then there the exact opposites of trolls who seem to be constantly going out of their way to disprove this is a scam and connect all the flimsy dots. These guys have an answer for everything
5.Ok then there is the dev....oh but he came out in public you say and seems so legit! Ok sure but he very well could be someone entirely different. Not that crazy to think the CIA has some highly trained agents working overseas who specialize in computers and network attacks and knows how to be manipulative. Would be very easy to pull this all off if he had CIA funding and background support.

To be honest I have no f-ing idea why they're doing it, this is all pure speculation obviously. But for me its one of the only ways this whole thing adds up. It just stinks too much like shit to be real with how sketchy it all is, yet at the same time there is obviously some solid coordination that came together to put this thing together and make it legit. 

Thoughts?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: