Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AltCoin Experiment. looking for latest CPU only stable code to branch from.  (Read 640 times)
bitcoder99 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:31:52 AM

Hi all,

I have an idea for an alt coin (I know there's a million of them). This one would be limited to a group of friends as an experiment. We all live close together and know the IP blocks of our ISP's. We are not worried about anonymity, as this is just something to try out, and we don't want someone on the other side of the planet mining our coins. we want to limit the usage to certain IP blocks. I suppose we could setup a VPN for members that are travelling.

So we want CPU mining only, ideally only people with a sim card dongle can mine. (we want to limit the miners to certain members).

We're trying to create a club of sorts where speculation of value isn't an issue.

How feasible does this sound and does anyone have any github starting points or tips they can point me in?

I'm a c++ programmer, it's been a while since I've used the language but am really interested in this project.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: