Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANX launches world's first Bitcoin Debit Card powered by an exchange  (Read 17395 times)
Aclarity

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:37:57 AM

how this work? credit card pay bitcoin? nice
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:43:41 AM

It's a debit card and not a credit card, which means that you can only spend the money you have, and you have no credit.
You load your card with any of our supported fiat currencies or Bitcoin, and it will get automatically exchanged into USD. You can then spend it everywhere.
Aclarity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:46:59 AM

It's a debit card and not a credit card, which means that you can only spend the money you have, and you have no credit.
You load your card with any of our supported fiat currencies or Bitcoin, and it will get automatically exchanged into USD. You can then spend it everywhere.

do i give you private key or what, how i load
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:53:02 AM

do i give you private key or what, how i load

No, of course not. All you have to do is create an account on ANXPRO. Once you get verified, you can reserve the card. Once it comes out, you can deposit BTC or fiat to your account, and then load it onto your card. That's it!
Aclarity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:08:23 AM

can i use doge im a shibe
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:19:31 AM

We are already aware of the fact that the CIA dedicates significant resources to separate the sheep from the wolfs, they could easily tap into that information and put everyone in the latter category. A bitcoin debit card is cool, but having your house raided, a flashbang thrown into your childs face only for him to get extreme burns, slip into a coma and die after a week because you googled the wrong thing is not cool.
Pretty sure you will not see the CIA kicking in your front door.  If you do, I suggest you call 911 because they aren't actual government representatives.  Their style is more along the lines of convincing Joe the meth head that you are the antichrist and that Joe should come kick in your door.  Oh, and Joe, use these tactical weapons, night vision, body armor, and stolen Cadillac Escalade when you do the job.  Don't worry about returning any of he gear, either.  Just keep it.  Joe gets big $$$ if Joe doesn't get his ass blown away.  Joe gets another job a few weeks later doing the same thing.
Lets separate facts from fiction and crazy conspiracy theories, my claim is a fact that has been proven by many documents, you are attempting to mix my facts with your bullshit to make my legitimate concerns sound like bullshit.

If you open a bank account like the rest of the sheeple then you also look like a sheeple thus the chances to be harmed by the state are minuscule as opposed to wearing the Bitcoin flag on your head and potentially get harassed for money laundering, drug dealing, get robbed by criminals, not to mention what will happen if/when the state gets desperate and you will be rounded up for the nearest concentration camp, not every country is as cryptocurrency loving as the U.S.

The private information could also get leaked years down the road by some fool working for your company getting paid 15 bucks an hour putting all of us in grave danger. Any data about Bitcoin holders could become very very expensive years down the road.

The only difference between a debit card and a pre-paid card is that you can reload it, is reloading your card worth your life? I don't think so.

Wow, it took almost 4.5h until the topic was hijacked. Im truly astonished.
The bold part is especially funny.

And btw: All credit/debit cards are coupled with a bank account, even if you dont see and have no access to it.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:22:51 AM

can i use doge im a shibe

We don't support DOGE for our debit card right now, but it will be added alongside other cryptocurrencies in the near future.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:23:46 AM

Do you have EUR-card also?

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

Do you have EUR-card also?

Unfortunately, as of now, no. But it will still work worldwide.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:39:43 PM

Update:

I have now received official confirmation for the price of the debit cards.

0.04BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by standard shipping.
0.06BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by registered shipping with tracking number.
0.08BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by express shipping with tracking number.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:54:52 PM

Update:

0.04BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by standard shipping.
0.06BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by registered shipping with tracking number.
0.08BTC: The International ANX Bitcoin Debit Card, delivered to you by express shipping with tracking number.
Just in case the price crashes to 100$ before you ship. Cheesy

And how long do those options take to the EU and US?
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

Update:

Just in case the price crashes to 100$ before you ship. Cheesy

That won't happen! All I see is the price rising after our announcement. If anything happens, we will change the price.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

What else do you need to know? Feel free to ask, I'm here to help.

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

I don't know the answer, and I've asked. Once I get a reply I will get back to you.

Sorry - I could have sworn I saw a claim about 'Visa' in the OP. I guess I was confused. I withdraw the question, and replace it with another:

If you're not affiliated with Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, etc., how many retailers and other vendors do you expect will be accepting this card? In my experience, each seller only accepts a narrow range of payment networks. And I've never seen one that advertised that they accept ANX-Card.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Haha, lol, I know that, actually the entire Internet is monitored by the CIA, and Tor and Bitcoin was invented by the NSA too.
Just Kidding.

Well, you can make light of it if you want, but the entire internet _is_ monitored by the CIA, NSA and their foreign counterparts, we don't know _who_ created bitcoin, and Tor was actually conceived, developed, and maintained by the US Navy.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

I don't know the answer, and I've asked. Once I get a reply I will get back to you.

Sorry - I could have sworn I saw a claim about 'Visa' in the OP. I guess I was confused. I withdraw the question, and replace it with another:

If you're not affiliated with Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, etc., how many retailers and other vendors do you expect will be accepting this card? In my experience, each seller only accepts a narrow range of payment networks. And I've never seen one that advertised that they accept ANX-Card.

Hi, the card is affiliated with Visa,  It is actually a re-chargeable VISA card. And it can be used in all merchants / vendors which accept VISA e.g. online shopping, any retails  and restaurants. Also it can be used in worldwide ATMs (which support VISA) to withdraw funds.
The card store Maximum value of 3300 USD.

Feel free to ask any more questions!, Regards

ANXPRO
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:16:48 PM

Hi, the card is affiliated with Visa,  It is actually a re-chargeable VISA card. And it can be used in all merchants / vendors which accept VISA e.g. online shopping, any retails  and restaurants. Also it can be used in worldwide ATMs (which support VISA) to withdraw funds.

ANXPRO

Jesus fucking christ, just on the previous page someone has asked what are the limits and you said the only limit is the 2.5% fee now we find out there is also a 3300USD limit.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:26:37 PM

ANXPRO

Jesus fucking christ, just on the previous page someone has asked what are the limits and you said the only limit is the 2.5% fee now we find out there is also a 3300USD limit.

The 2.5% fee is not a limit, is a fee to transfer funds into the debit card, and the card storage limit is 3300 USD which is pretty good for almost every person who want to use it for shopping, or have money ready.

ANXPRO
tmbp

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:37:15 PM

The 2.5% fee is not a limit, is a fee to transfer funds into the debit card, and the card storage limit is 3300 USD which is pretty good for almost every person who want to use it for shopping, or have money ready.

ANXPRO

So
A little more details like limits and fees would be great, before one signs up for something.

The limits would be the amount of currency that you have loaded onto the card is 3300$, and the only fee is 2.5% of the amount you load onto the card. The card will only cost $10 USD.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

ANXPRO

So
A little more details like limits and fees would be great, before one signs up for something.

The limits would be the amount of currency that you have loaded onto the card is 3300$, and the only fee is 2.5% of the amount you load onto the card. The card will only cost $10 USD.

Yeah, sorry about that, due to some communication problems I didn't receive that information. Also, the price for the card isn't $10 either, prices have been updated.
tmbp

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

ANXPRO

So

Yeah, sorry about that, due to some communication problems I didn't receive that information. Also, the price for the card isn't $10 either, prices have been updated.

So what if someone loads up, say 15BTC, would the card refill every time the balance goes below 3300$? Are there any 24 hour limits, withdrawal limits, any other sort of limits?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: