Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANX launches world's first Bitcoin Debit Card powered by an exchange  (Read 17398 times)
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:39:09 PM

Either you guys dont understand me or you are intentionally dodging very simple questions:
Is the issuer of the cards levying any additional fees or using different exchange rates than Visas official one?

Only visa official ones when i said bank rates i was refering to visa rates.
Regards
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:40:55 PM

Either you guys dont understand me or you are intentionally dodging very simple questions:
Is the issuer of the cards levying any additional fees or using different exchange rates than Visas official one?

They are dodging questions the affiliate cannot answer (which is 90%).

Their strategy is cram as many clueless people down the meat pipe as possible.
byt411 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:42:37 PM

They are dodging questions the affiliate cannot answer (which is 90%).

Their strategy is cram as many clueless people down the meat pipe as possible.

We are not dodging questions at all. Please refrain from making useless statements without evidence.
rageofreason

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:57:40 PM

What else do you need to know? Feel free to ask, I'm here to help.

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

I doubt it is anything other than the relationship between the Visa Network and a bank like Chase issuing a Visa card. Visa aren't going to waste their time cutting special arrangements for such small players.

Assuming I'm correct, I find the 2.5% especially weird given that ANX, as a card issuer, will receive merchant interchange fees of 1.54% - 2.24% and make money of the BTC/fiat exchange. Smells fishy to me.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

I will take a look on this
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Here's a question: what exactly is the nature of the relationship of the Visa Payment Network (or whatever the corporate entity's name is) to this card?

I doubt it is anything other than the relationship between the Visa Network and a bank like Chase issuing a Visa card. Visa aren't going to waste their time cutting special arrangements for such small players.

The reason I ask is that every previous attempt -- of which I am aware -- of affiliating a BTC-denominated payment card with a major payment processor, for the US market, has failed. Further, previous ones seemed to gravitate to MasterCard rather than Visa.

One might think that there is a high chance of this one failing as well, unless some of the principals involved have very tight relationships with principals at Visa.

Is this legit? Not enough info has yet been provided.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Benjig

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:07:22 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 07:40:02 PM by Benjig

The exchange is very trusted, and the debit card first batch has already been shipped.
We are not any exchange, The ANX Headquarters are located at: Unit 701, 7/F, The Sun's Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

We have Atms (https://i.imgur.com/eQSJlaa.jpg) there and we cant wait you too meet you in person.
What kind of info do you want?

ANXPRO
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

The exchange is very trusted, and the debit cards are on first stage but they will be delivered soon.
We are not any exchange, The ANX Headquarters are located at: Unit 701, 7/F, The Sun's Group Centre, 200 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

We have Atms (https://i.imgur.com/eQSJlaa.jpg) there and we cant wait you too meet you in person.

ANXPRO

Actually, the first batch of ANXPRO cards have already been shipped.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:24:25 PM

Some sort of statement from Visa that your cards are honored on their network would be helpful.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Benjig

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

Some sort of statement from Visa that your cards are honored on their network would be helpful.

You can wait to see first users to be able to use their card on any merchant or ATM, this will prove they are Visa, it would be non-sense for us to make hundreds of cards useless so the first user who receive it can state that they dont work and the rest of cards would be useless, not very smart from our side.

Anyway i will give you a list of visa stating us, or you can call directly to visa to get the proof by yourself.

Regards

ANXPRO
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:49:06 AM

Amazing stuff you did, i was wondering where do you get so many dollars for exchange, 2.5% fee whoa, nice bussines you're doing over there. Anyways, thanks for the really innovating service and let's request for it...
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:47:08 PM

Amazing stuff you did, i was wondering where do you get so many dollars for exchange, 2.5% fee whoa, nice bussines you're doing over there. Anyways, thanks for the really innovating service and let's request for it...

ANX has already shipped out the first batch of debit cards, and we have received the second batch in our office! Reserve now, there are many more batches coming soon.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:02:30 AM

Any experiences yet?
At least with the shipping process?
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:24:43 AM

Any experiences yet?
At least with the shipping process?

If you check our facebook page, you will see that we have some photos of satisfied customers with the card.
Benjig

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:12:12 AM

Bump, Our Bitcoin Debit Card is currently in stock! Get yours.
21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:31:08 AM

If I load 1btc into the card and the current market price is $600. How much will I have on the debit card?
Do you charge exchange fee on top of the recharge fee?
1btc x $600 - ?% exchange fee - 2.5% recharge fee

No, we don't charge an exchange fee if all you do is load up your card. It would be

1BTC x $600 x 0.975 = $585.

I´m thinking about ordering the debit card.

However I still have a question about this example, because I live in Europe and therefore I will probably pay additional
fees if I withdraw at an ATM with the debit card because of the involved currency conversion.

On VISAs homepage I only find the statement:
Your payment service provider may or may not apply currency conversion fees. Refer to your issuer’s terms and conditions to find out more about this.

That means that basically you as ANX are responsible for the fees? Or is there a third party from which you get the VISA cards?

Please simply update the example for a citizen from Europe  Grin
1BTC x $600 x 0.975 * x.xxx = $xxx

Thank you for your help.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:55:07 AM

If I load 1btc into the card and the current market price is $600. How much will I have on the debit card?
Do you charge exchange fee on top of the recharge fee?
1btc x $600 - ?% exchange fee - 2.5% recharge fee

No, we don't charge an exchange fee if all you do is load up your card. It would be

1BTC x $600 x 0.975 = $585.

I´m thinking about ordering the debit card.

However I still have a question about this example, because I live in Europe and therefore I will probably pay additional
fees if I withdraw at an ATM with the debit card because of the involved currency conversion.

On VISAs homepage I only find the statement:
Your payment service provider may or may not apply currency conversion fees. Refer to your issuer’s terms and conditions to find out more about this.

That means that basically you as ANX are responsible for the fees? Or is there a third party from which you get the VISA cards?

Please simply update the example for a citizen from Europe  Grin
1BTC x $600 x 0.975 * x.xxx = $xxx

Thank you for your help.

Assuming that the current price is $600, and you load the card with 1BTC and then immediately withdraw from ATM, you would get:
0.966875BTC

And then, when you withdraw, 0.00458333333BTC would be deducted, leaving you with 0.96229166667BTC.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

As there seems to be quite a bit of confusion regarding the Fees for using the Card, here is what I got from support in respons to my question:

Debid Card fees (acording to anx customer support):

Transaction Type (per transaction)   Fee Deducted from
ATM Withdrawal $2.75   Debit Card
ATM Withdrawal Decline $1.25 Debit Card
POS Purchase $1.50 Debit Card
POS Purchase Decline $0.20 Debit Card
Monthly Fee N/A N/A
Card Load Fee $5 USD+2.5% of total amount ANX Account
Card Unload Fee $10 USD Debit Card

I am just in the process of ordering my Card, I will give a feedback once I have recived and used it.
byt411 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:05:31 PM

As there seems to be quite a bit of confusion regarding the Fees for using the Card, here is what I got from support in respons to my question:

Debid Card fees (acording to anx customer support):

Monthly Fee N/A N/A

I am just in the process of ordering my Card, I will give a feedback once I have recived and used it.

Yes, those fees are correct. The customer above you was just a bit confused.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:11:29 PM

Monthly Fee N/A N/A

Thank you for that. It was impossible to get that information here.

Only visa official ones when i said bank rates i was refering to visa rates.
Regards

I wonder what surprises you guys have up your sleeve next.
Maybe the 3% currency conversion fee mBank is charging?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: