Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make every btc 1000 btc  (Read 2074 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:21:56 PM

Turn every btc into 1000 btc Smiley
people will see btc is $1 and they will buy it to $1000 again.
who are the devs??
can i ask them?  Smiley

people think btc is very high because they can't buy a full one with pocket money.
but if they can buy a full btc with pocket money they will buy alot.
also it will make me happy. thanks.  Smiley

I would like to add a lot of the interest from my completely technologically retarded and zero knowledge about what money is, friends are interested that 1 BTC is worth "something"
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:23:19 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 08:47:18 PM by franky1

i think the OP does not mean fork the blockchain.. but to simply call millibtc (mbtc) "a bitcoin".. which that argument of naming has died a death months ago..

changing the subject
I would like to add a lot of the interest from my completely technologically retarded and zero knowledge about what money is, friends are interested that 1 BTC is worth "something"

high schoolers beleive bitcoin has no value and it is completely speculation.. but here is the rebuttle that i have tried to teach noobs and teenagers time and time again.

so here goes. ill start with an easy example

lets say gold mining cost an excavator and labour of 30man team. once you calculate the amount of gold they dig up over a year, and work out the plot licence, excavator rental, and labour.. it works out as $1000 an ounce.. this is then sold as atleast $1100 to the market makers, who add on their profits. and then a bit of profit here and there, we see the maket priceof $1,337.93 today

golds TRUE VALUE is $1000 (costs) with speculation (profit variance) of $337~

now bitcoins. to mine a bitcoin, rig cost, electric costs is about $500 per btc average. then add on the fact that the miner wants to make some profit so he wont sell below $550(preferable $1mill but he has bill to pay) so most miners wont sell below those numbers, and speculators who buy , wont sell at a loss.. so a bit of profit here and there, bitcoin is $622 today

btc TRUE VALUE is about $500-$550 (costs) with speculation (profit variance) of $100~..

and thats as short as i can explain it

expected rebuttles
1. no its just supply and demand - i reply "supply is not 0 cost, same as a tin of baked beans, everything has a cost+profit, demand just quantities the profit/speculation part. high demand a shop can sell baked beans for $20. low demand they discount it to cost price (worse case), but would never sell out at a loss"
2. but the price can crash to $10 - i reply "if one idiotic whale crashd it. smart people will buy cheap coins because they know it will settle back to $500 minimum just like the february crash never dropped below $400, because mining COSTS were $400 true value at the time, even if a whale crashed the market it will soon rise back to cost price, and then profit speculation wold again begin"

i never judge bitcoin on the 'high' i always judge itcoin on the aerage monthly lows... once you start to use bitcoin calculators (mining profitability calculators) you too will see the trends.. no one can preduct the speculations ('high's and idiotic whales) but there are trends when it comes to costs vs stable lows

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:33:18 AM

Guys guys guys... lets keep to being nice please.. he just gave an idea don't rip him apart.  A calm nice explanation for why this is a bad idea would be best.

The problem is these kind of idea has been discussed many many times in the past, and many have lost their patience to explain it again and again.

billyscuz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:34:51 AM

ugh, this again? seems to come up every so often -- less often than the dreaded mBTC discussion..... Undecided

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

who are the devs??
can i ask them?  Smiley

people think btc is very high because they can't buy a full one with pocket money.
but if they can buy a full btc with pocket money they will buy alot.
also it will make me happy. thanks.  Smiley

Price is governed by law of supply and demand.

Pkofet

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:03:43 AM

And the process can be repeated again and again, and I will be able to buy a huge island with my current 0.05 btc lol. Grin

MygodBTC

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:11:55 PM

I don't really understand what you are talking about  Roll Eyes
Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:37:40 PM

I don't really understand what you are talking about  Roll Eyes

OP is saying something like, "Hey, I have a genius idea. If we split 1 bitcoin into 1000 pieces, people will somehow bid the price back up to $1000 for each piece and we will all get rich." Sort of.

Ofc, the plan won't work.  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: