Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:44:06 PM

I think it would be a very appropriate time to start a "stock market collapsing, bitcoin up" thread.

It is rather: All risk on assets DOWN. Cash UP.
this is why I started this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781957.msg8891629#msg8891629

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:45:16 PM

i know everyone's feeling bad right about now with this relentless pullback but i strongly believe Bitcoin is going to start diverging UP inversely from gold very soon.  in the big fractal of the Bitcoin price chart, we look to be completing the retest of the initial low @339.  the bounce should begin:

"Should" is the scary word here  Cheesy

no kidding  Wink

its during times like these that reading technical articles about the math behind Bitcoin restores confidence in what we're dealing with.  read Graf's article i posted above.

also, ignore idiots like Severro.  notice how those punks never enter this thread except for the one time fallling dared to post?  they don't dare to hang out in threads where there is actual intelligent ppl and discussion going on.  plus, i'd rip him to shreds.  he never talks about anything technical b/c i'm sure he doesn't understand what Bitcoin is or what it represents.  he just a hired troll used to scare the weak minded.

This thread should have its own board. It is part of a select few for anyone wanting to hear and learn from those with some experience; i know im getting plenty from it.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

Gold @ 1215
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

This is unusual to have a crypto media source that does not have excuses in the back pocket to explain BTC crash (exactly crash, not up) events that are certainly going to happen. I always thought the media already knows who will be the scapegoat. Price dropped. However, this sort of thing could be a fore taste of things to come. Market manipulations happen. Nowadays you can trade BTC on a leveraged basis. This give people that hold a lot of BTC a huge amount of power. They have enough BTC to move the market any time they want.
So what they can do, for example, is open a “short” position on a leveraged BTC exchange, then DUMP a load of BTC on to the market. Their dump forces the price of BTC down. They “win” their short bet, and (if they so desire) can slowly buy back their BTC at a cheaper price. They can even increase their holding. Remember, the trade is leveraged, which means that they can get 10x or even (in some cases) 100x the percentage move. So if the % move was 2%, they can get a 20% return, or even a 200% return, which can be an incentive for people to play dirty. If you look at a 4 year logarithmic chart you’ll see that the huge bull runs are almost perfectly 8 months apart
Price highs and lows run in a well defined sequence. We are now upon the next 8 month increment also the previous huge bull runs were preceded by unusually long periods of price stability in similar triangle patterns. All of this would lead you to believe the price will go into another huge bull run till the end of a year.

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

this would be such a brilliant place for a stock mkt top after 2d of fake breakout rally after bullshit FOMC.  we're way overdue after not fixing a single fricking thing on Wall St after what they caused first in 2001 and then 2008.  we got a spinning top going today:

here's the VIX:

mind you, this is the least confident thing i'd bank on given the extent of moral hazard Wall St is willing to run on.

2001 ----> 2008 ---->2015
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 11:28:17 PM by cypherdoc

"Should" is the scary word here  Cheesy

no kidding  Wink

its during times like these that reading technical articles about the math behind Bitcoin restores confidence in what we're dealing with.  read Graf's article i posted above.

also, ignore idiots like Severro.  notice how those punks never enter this thread except for the one time fallling dared to post?  they don't dare to hang out in threads where there is actual intelligent ppl and discussion going on.  plus, i'd rip him to shreds.  he never talks about anything technical b/c i'm sure he doesn't understand what Bitcoin is or what it represents.  he just a hired troll used to scare the weak minded.

Or just watch that Wences video I keep posting. The trolls can think and post what they want, but the reality is that bitcoin is an unprecedented advance in the technology of money, and given the extraordinary efficiency gains inherent in improving the one technology that moves all value around the world, it'll slowly but surely seep into the core of global human exchange.

Let the weak-minds do what they do best: emotionally react rather than intelligently evaluate.

https://twitter.com/cypherdoc2/status/513036892674465793

Tom Woods is taking questions for Bob Murphy podcast
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 11:29:07 PM by cypherdoc

This is unusual to have a crypto media source that does not have excuses in the back pocket to explain BTC crash (exactly crash, not up) events that are certainly going to happen. I always thought the media already knows who will be the scapegoat. Price dropped. However, this sort of thing could be a fore taste of things to come. Market manipulations happen. Nowadays you can trade BTC on a leveraged basis. This give people that hold a lot of BTC a huge amount of power. They have enough BTC to move the market any time they want.
So what they can do, for example, is open a “short” position on a leveraged BTC exchange, then DUMP a load of BTC on to the market. Their dump forces the price of BTC down. They “win” their short bet, and (if they so desire) can slowly buy back their BTC at a cheaper price. They can even increase their holding. Remember, the trade is leveraged, which means that they can get 10x or even (in some cases) 100x the percentage move. So if the % move was 2%, they can get a 20% return, or even a 200% return, which can be an incentive for people to play dirty. If you look at a 4 year logarithmic chart you’ll see that the huge bull runs are almost perfectly 8 months apart
Price highs and lows run in a well defined sequence. We are now upon the next 8 month increment also the previous huge bull runs were preceded by unusually long periods of price stability in similar triangle patterns. All of this would lead you to believe the price will go into another huge bull run till the end of a year.

Sure they can do that and no doubt they have recently but in actuality these types of trades are extraordinarily difficult and risky to pull off especially on foreign exchanges with unknown owners who could run with your money at any moment.

As with any other trades, timing is paramount. If you're wrong about sentiment there could be a bull whale lying in wait to squeeze the hell out of your short. You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out?

I don't wish any theft on anyone but if some whale is trying to short the price down it would serve him right to get nailed.  

Now is not the time to try that.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

Sure they can do that and no doubt they have recently but in actuality these types of trades are extraordinarily difficult and risky to pull off especially on foreign exchanges with unknown owners who could run with your money at any moment.

As with any other trades, timing is paramount. If you're wrong about sentiment there could be a bull whale lying in wait to squeeze the hell out of your short. You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out.

I don't wish any theft on anyone but if some whale is trying to short the price down it would serve him right to get nailed.  

You are right in most aspects except of one.

People who have sold at 1200 $ like me did not need to be stuck at mtgox. bitfinex was running smoothly at the time and withdrawals were smooth as well.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:25:11 PM

As with any other trades, timing is paramount. If you're wrong about sentiment there could be a bull whale lying in wait to squeeze the hell out of your short. You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out.

People who have sold at 1200 $ like me did not need to be stuck at mtgox. bitfinex was running smoothly at the time and withdrawals were smooth as well.

So then you should be richer than rich having sold a100% BTC portfolio @$1200 after having successfully navigated all the twists and turns on the way up from $0.60.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:27:16 PM

You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out.

As I recall, Bitstamp was well established by December, without gox's "banking problems". For whatever that's worth. Still, your point stands: Exchanges are still blindly trusted, even after gox melted down. The lack of serious developments to mitigate counterparty risk is one of the  most depressing things for me this year.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:30:49 PM

I didn't see 1200 on bitfinex, although it could have happened briefly.  But between 1000 and 1100 was certainly possible on both bitfinex and bitstamp.  At the same time, I think that most people who claim to have sold out at those prices are more commenting on the small size of their stash then their investing acumen.  As Cypherdoc was implying, a typical large holder would not accept the risk of trusting these sites with 1000s of coins or the fiat equivalent.  Of course, YMMV, nothing ventured nothing gained.  And a whale professional investor may be flying to HK/UK to personally meet the exchange owners, have a staff researching the past history of said owners, etc.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

I didn't see 1200 on bitfinex, although it could have happened briefly.  But between 1000 and 1100 was certainly possible on both bitfinex and bitstamp.  At the same time, I think that most people who claim to have sold out at those prices are more commenting on the small size of their stash then their investing acumen.  As Cypherdoc was implying, a typical large holder would not accept the risk of trusting these sites with 1000s of coins or the fiat equivalent.  Of course, YMMV, nothing ventured nothing gained.  And a whale professional investor may be flying to HK/UK to personally meet the exchange owners, have a staff researching the past history of said owners, etc.

Good point, 1200 only happened on gox and was significantly higher than all other exchanges. S3052?
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:37:39 PM

[/quote]

So then you should be richer than rich having sold a100% BTC portfolio @$1200 after having successfully navigated all the twists and turns on the way up from $0.60.
[/quote]

Not sure why you are concerned about my "richness" or lack of.
I am very happy.
Believe it or not, I did sell a lot between 1100 and 1200.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:40:09 PM

Good point, 1200 only happened on gox and was significantly higher than all other exchanges. S3052?

Guys you are how we in German say "Korinthenkacker". 1175 was the top and the selling range was 1100-1175 if it is so important to you.

>>logictense
My method was to store BTC in cold wallets and only briefly put them on bitfinex or stamp for selling and withdrawing thereafter. It worked.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

[/quote]

I am very happy.
[/quote]

Not concerned about that at all. It's the accuracy of your claims I'm concerned about. especially the ones about outperforming buy and hold.

If one reads the title of your sub thread and your comments within it, one would think you've never made a trading mistake on the way up from $0.60  to $1200. If true, you should be richer than the many buy and holders who have indeed become rich over the same time period.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:49:56 PM

Can't tell if you guys are joking... so here's a hint:

6*24 * 14 = 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5KTVA_2ys
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:51:22 PM

The lack of serious developments to mitigate counterparty risk is one of the  most depressing things for me this year.
The development is happening - just taking longer than we thought.

http://otblog.net/2014/05/voting-pools-stop-plague-bitcoin-heists-thefts-hacks-scams-losses/

https://github.com/monetas/btcwallet/commits/vp
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:53:11 PM

2016 is 2048 after an integer overflow.

Can't tell if you guys are joking... so here's a hint:
Mine was a joke and also relevant to Bitcoin.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:06:10 PM

[/quote]

Not concerned about that at all. It's the accuracy of your claims I'm concerned about. especially the ones about outperforming buy and hold.

If one reads the title of your sub thread and your comments within it, one would think you've never made a trading mistake on the way up from $0.60  to $1200. If true, you should be richer than the many buy and holders who have indeed become rich over the same time period.
[/quote]

Noone is perfect and neither me.
I have had losers as well in BTC trading, no doubt. What is accurate is the outperformance vs. buy and hold and getting out at 1100-1175. Since then, did only short term trades, no position trades any more. Will get back in if the technical picture warrants it.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:08:38 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 08:59:56 PM by cypherdoc

I am very happy.
[/quote]

If one reads the title of your sub thread and your comments within it, one would think you've never made a trading mistake on the way up from $0.60  to $1200. If true, you should be richer than the many buy and holders who have indeed become rich over the same time period.
[/quote]

Just to put the ludicrousy in perspective, let's assume S3052 put $6000 into buying 10000 BTC @$0.60 in the middle of 2010 which is about where I can pinpoint his start in Bitcoin.  This is about 6mo  before me. Why $6000? because I know what his IRL day job is and that would not be an unreasonable amount for him.

Those 10000 BTC would be worth $12M if he just held into the top when he says he sold, a 200,000% return.  Not bad and certainly enough to thrust him into the rich category. Remember, he said his portfolio was 100% BTC at the top.

But, he says he's outperformed buy and hold with day trading by an order of magnitude which would be a 2,000,000% return. This is why he must be richer than rich.

Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: