Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:42:00 PM

^I'm getting a bit worried about you, cypherdoc.  Tell me you're safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Easy to be a perma-bull when single digits hits and you are still in profit. Congrats

Thank You, Sir!

and i'm not selling.  see chart here:

none of us early adopters are going anywhere:

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:49:45 PM

^I'm getting a bit worried about you, cypherdoc.  Tell me you're safe.

MyLameDick,

i need to go for my bike ride right now, along the ocean, with the Sun shining in glorious paradise.  i'll be right back!  don't go away!
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:56:19 PM

No prob, I'll be pic related

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:45:33 PM

“Bitcoin to replace gold” says Jon Matonis

http://leaprate.com/2014/10/05/bitcoin-to-replace-gold-says-jon-matonis/
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:52:05 PM

none of us early adopters are going anywhere!:

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:01:05 PM

Speaking only for myself, I'm much less inclined to sell at today's rates than 6 months ago.  I prefer selling at higher rates generally.  I'll just be pushing some project back to deal with potential cash flow issues.  Of course if things don't pick up in a year or two I'll be re-edjusting.

On a side note, I shot a black bear a week ago.  Clean shot right in her mid-section (I know gender because she had a cub.)  I used a rubber slug which are very painful for humans.  Hopefully bears as well, but I don't know.  The very next day another (or the same) large bear was back sitting in the brush-line looking around.  I was planning to ratchet up the pressure with some birdshot but by the time I got my shotgun re-loaded the creature was gone.  I'm not sure if that was an omen or object lesson or anything for Bitcoin, but 2014 is certainly turning out to have a lot of issues with bears on several fronts.

BTW, a bear did me a favor 5 days ago by ripping out a bee hive which I'd been trying, unsuccessfully, to eradicate with spray since they stung me.  Wouldn't it be funny if I drew down my fiat accounts [I just paid $60k for 2014 tax estimates] and didn't replenish them due to the activities of bears in the economy just in time for a banking crisis Smiley

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:11:04 PM

Speaking only for myself, I'm much less inclined to sell at today's rates than 6 months ago.  I prefer selling at higher rates generally.  I'll just be pushing some project back to deal with potential cash flow issues.  Of course if things don't pick up in a year or two I'll be re-edjusting...

And this is why Bitcoin-rich are hodling :-/

@NotLambchop   ..... you have still not answered his question ..... why are they accumulating?

On the off-chance you seriously want to know:

Bitcoin early adopters are unlike other self-made millionaires.  They did not need to be particularly shrewd, intelligent, or business savvy to accumulate their wealth.  No more so than lottery winners.  Remember the Bitcoin pizza that was bought with thousands of coin?  Yeah, like that.  The guy who got the coin was not a financial wizard, but coin he got.

And then there are paranoid, possibly mentally impaired, possibly anal retentive (known as "hoarders") holders like cypherdoc, who will never sell.  Bitcoin tends to attract the unwell.

Does this help at all?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:22:33 PM

"bullshit"

early adopters are shrewd.  and this is why you're here.  trying hard to establish your own stake by driving prices down to where you can pick up cheap coins.

so much effort, so much FUD. it's all so obvious.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

early adopters are shrewd.  and this is why you're here.  trying hard to establish your own stake by driving prices down to where you can pick up cheap coins.

It's a bit sad knowing that your condition could be symptomatically treated, if not outright cured.

Better living through modern chemistryTM
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:51:14 PM

early adopters are shrewd.  and this is why you're here.  trying hard to establish your own stake by driving prices down to where you can pick up cheap coins.

yada yada

What you fail to see, because you are so focused on short term price, is that chart above illustrates how approx half the bitcoin are being held. That measn you have an insane amount of investment in the ecosystem, not just in terms of cash but time and effort and fledgling businesses and a whole bunch of other stuff that all the bears just hand wave away.

It also means any plan to try and crash the market and buy all the coins is going to hit a wall. Which might be now, or it might be at $250 or $200 and it might be this week next week, next month or next year. Bitcoin has passed its tipping point though, each time we go through this cycle it gets more and more likely that ultimately post run up, there will be a trend reversal.

What cypher said about 32->2 is very true. Maybe you were around to see it, even if your account wasn't, but to see a 94% drop in an asset class that was so niche that *nobody* had heard of it, and that was pretty much solely used for black market trading, had no legal precedent, was traded on exchanges run by dudes who knew a bit of php and was awash with scams? That puts this bear market into perspective. Its a wholly expected sell off, driven primarily by classic market emotions and further fuelled by the aftermath of the massive capex investment in mining gear meaning miners are selling *everything* to try and ROI.

Those are facts. On top of that you have speculation about the motives of the various players in the market, rich smart powerful people, who know markets and know rubes and are operating free of the fetters of your typical market regulations. There is a *chance* that nothing nefarious is going on sure, but can you really say with confidence that nothing *is* going on? I can't categorically say that anything is happening but I do see (as illustrated) continued accumulation, bizarre market sell action where people are slamming big orders into the bid. Whipsaw action where a bunch of coins get dumped and then rebought. All this stuff smells fishy. You might see it differently though.

Then we have you, and all those other 'registered x/x/2014' accounts ("oh, but I lurked for ages....!") that have suddenly appeared, with what seems to be the sole goal of encouraging people to sell, jumping into any and all threads that suggest people should hold/buy and trying to discredit them. I've never seen such single mindedness in here before even from the perma-bulls (ref Edward50). There's no humanity, you never deviate from the message, you don't seem to even entertain the possibility of other outcomes.

Why are you so desperate for bitcoin to fail, why are you so desperate for everyone else to sell. Your justifications don't add up. Then finally when you encounter posts that start to reveal the bear case as being on shaky ground right about know you try and call into question the other guys sanity? Really?

You know what you might be right, the price might continue to drop all the way to zero. What if it does? You win? Win what? What is your actual point? You know bitcointalk is nothing. Its an internet message forum where people interested in a subject can discuss it. Why are you even here? Your carefully crafted persona impresses no-one but yourself, you aren't famous or important or special. You are a like a child at school that thinks there is nothing beyond the classroom walls. Wake up. Step outside. The sun will blind you.

Or just post cute horse pics. Thats funny, but the "I'm so special thing" is really boring.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:06:46 PM

early adopters are shrewd.  and this is why you're here.  trying hard to establish your own stake by driving prices down to where you can pick up cheap coins.

yada yada

What you fail to see, because you are so focused on short term price, is that chart above illustrates how approx half the bitcoin are being held. That measn you have an insane amount of investment in the ecosystem, not just in terms of cash but time and effort and fledgling businesses and a whole bunch of other stuff that all the bears just hand wave away.

It also means any plan to try and crash the market and buy all the coins is going to hit a wall. Which might be now, or it might be at $250 or $200 and it might be this week next week, next month or next year. Bitcoin has passed its tipping point though, each time we go through this cycle it gets more and more likely that ultimately post run up, there will be a trend reversal.

What cypher said about 32->2 is very true. Maybe you were around to see it, even if your account wasn't, but to see a 94% drop in an asset class that was so niche that *nobody* had heard of it, and that was pretty much solely used for black market trading, had no legal precedent, was traded on exchanges run by dudes who knew a bit of php and was awash with scams? That puts this bear market into perspective. Its a wholly expected sell off, driven primarily by classic market emotions and further fuelled by the aftermath of the massive capex investment in mining gear meaning miners are selling *everything* to try and ROI.

Those are facts. On top of that you have speculation about the motives of the various players in the market, rich smart powerful people, who know markets and know rubes and are operating free of the fetters of your typical market regulations. There is a *chance* that nothing nefarious is going on sure, but can you really say with confidence that nothing *is* going on? I can't categorically say that anything is happening but I do see (as illustrated) continued accumulation, bizarre market sell action where people are slamming big orders into the bid. Whipsaw action where a bunch of coins get dumped and then rebought. All this stuff smells fishy. You might see it differently though.

Then we have you, and all those other 'registered x/x/2014' accounts ("oh, but I lurked for ages....!") that have suddenly appeared, with what seems to be the sole goal of encouraging people to sell, jumping into any and all threads that suggest people should hold/buy and trying to discredit them. I've never seen such single mindedness in here before even from the perma-bulls (ref Edward50). There's no humanity, you never deviate from the message, you don't seem to even entertain the possibility of other outcomes.

Why are you so desperate for bitcoin to fail, why are you so desperate for everyone else to sell. Your justifications don't add up. Then finally when you encounter posts that start to reveal the bear case as being on shaky ground right about know you try and call into question the other guys sanity? Really?

You know what you might be right, the price might continue to drop all the way to zero. What if it does? You win? Win what? What is your actual point? You know bitcointalk is nothing. Its an internet message forum where people interested in a subject can discuss it. Why are you even here? Your carefully crafted persona impresses no-one but yourself, you aren't famous or important or special. You are a like a child at school that thinks there is nothing beyond the classroom walls. Wake up. Step outside. The sun will blind you.

Or just post cute horse pics. Thats funny, but the "I'm so special thing" is really boring.

much needed post. thank you

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:17:56 PM

as corrected in another thread, I should have said "... the chart illustrates over 1/3rd of bitcoin being held by ..." point is still the same though Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:31:18 PM

You know what you might be right, the price might continue to drop all the way to zero. What if it does? You win? Win what? What is your actual point?  ...

IMHO. *some* 'registered x/x/2014' accounts are from those that suffer extreme butt-hurt of the first order, who weren't early adopters, so the only solace is to see those early adopters lose all their gains, btc price of zero, ecosystem collapse. Only then can they walk away feeling that they did not miss out.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

Personally, I don't think in that (the improbable) event that bitcoin should go to zero for a few days, it will die. We will recover from a price of 0. That makes me a permabull, I think.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

Personally, I don't think in that (the improbable) event that bitcoin should go to zero for a few days, it will die. We will recover from a price of 0. That makes me a permabull, I think.

I would gladly buy all the bitcoins for 0:D
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

yada yada

Some facts:
1.  Never suggested that an unregulated market is free of "manipulation."  Manipulation is the very reason regulations came about.
2.  I'm not "desperate for Bitcoin to fail"--I still hold some coin.
3.  I never suggested that Bitcoin would go down to zero.
4.  I'm laughing at cypherdoc for his paranoid delusions re. nefarious entities of which he claims I'm either one, or whose employ I am in.
5.  I'm not looking for recognition or approval from you--your unjustified self-importance is just one of the reasons people troll you.
6.  It's no longer sunny, but I'm still outside, thanks for caring.

Finally, I have no idea where the data for the oft-quoted chart came from.  Checking the top three addys shows plenty of activity.
Care to show your work?

Tell me if I missed anything Smiley
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

yada yada

Some facts:
1.  Never suggested that an unregulated market is free of "manipulation."  Manipulation is the very reason regulations came about.
2.  I'm not "desperate for Bitcoin to fail"--I still hold some coin.
3.  I never suggested that Bitcoin would go down to zero.
4.  I'm laughing at cypherdoc for his paranoid delusions re. nefarious entities of which he claims I'm either one, or whose employ I am in.
5.  I'm not looking for recognition or approval from you--your unjustified self-importance is just one of the reasons people troll you.
6.  It's no longer sunny, but I'm still outside, thanks for caring.

Finally, I have no idea where the data for the oft-quoted chart came from.  Checking the top three addys shows plenty of activity.
Care to show your work?

Tell me if I missed anything Smiley

The list would be far too long, and entirely wasted. As is yours.

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:41:01 PM

Ok, so you got nothing.  Here's your cute pic.

Will post cute horses later!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:47:18 PM

why dont u open another thread so u can post anime and pix and leave this one alone? im sure it woukd be just as fun and doc will agree to harrass you all day there?
Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: