Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA : Final Litecoin LTC GPU miner released !!!  (Read 25976 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:58:24 PM

Has anyone managed to get it mining under Linux? If so, please let me know how.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:02:56 AM

I've tried just about everything and I've gotten errors compiling, decided to work just via cpu mining and then I get errors saying the config file (which I specified) was not found. >___> Someone needs to come up with a start to finish tutorial. I've been able to get every single other miner to work with a little work, but this one is just a tough nut to crack.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 08:28:05 PM

I've tried just about everything and I've gotten errors compiling, decided to work just via cpu mining and then I get errors saying the config file (which I specified) was not found. >___> Someone needs to come up with a start to finish tutorial. I've been able to get every single other miner to work with a little work, but this one is just a tough nut to crack.

You need reaper.conf and litecoin.conf and if you plan to mine BTC and SLC, you also need bitcoin.conf and solidcoin.conf.

Default config files are in /reaperv13b/ and not in /reaperv13b/build/
cp your executable 'reaper' from 'build'  ../  and edit coin specific files.

./reaper.conf looks like this (I deleted 2lines, "mine bitcoin" and "mine solidcoin")

Code:
kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
device 0
enable_graceful_shutdown no
long_polling yes
mine litecoin
platform 1

./litecoin.conf looks like this:

Code:

host put_your_host_here
port 9332
user username_here
pass passwd_here

protocol litecoin

worksize 528
aggression 14
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 18
lookup_gap 8
gpu_thread_concurrency 6144
platform 1
long_polling yes

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 04:36:31 PM

Hi guys
Do you know what the best config for LTC mining is for this card:
Nvidia GT330M on a MBP booted into Win 7 (via bootcamp)?

As I've been trying to get reaper to work on as many computers as I can to mine for me.CPU mining works well on there.I get around 25KH/s from it's CPU (Core i7 620m) and now I want to tap into the GPU simultaneously.Which settings reduce GPU use so I can still have a responsive desktop without my MBP freezing and screen turning black whenever any GPU intensive app is run?

All help is appreciated. Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 07:54:43 PM

I couldnt make reaper working. I tried to run cpu-only mining litecoins only and it told me that a config was missing about threads per cpu. I added the config and then it told me that litecoins cant be mined with reaper. oO Then i used the normal exe and it had the error that it cant connect to OpenCL. I have a NVidia GeForce 9600M GT and i can mine bitcoins with it by using guiminer. So i think everything needed is installed.

Whats the problem there and how to solve?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:28:39 AM

I got it running loooong time ago but I had to wait for the .4 version. It did a pretty good job until I stopped mining because buying the coin made more sense than mining. That was in April or May 2012.
Now, because cgminer is faster and way better written and has lots of good features, I moved to cgminer last week.
See  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.0 / https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.msg1050499#msg1050499

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: