Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Raw Thai Honey (First 40 BTC of profits go to the forum!) 8 KG for sale!  (Read 8094 times)
yossarian

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 10:09:32 AM

Alright, deal. I sent 4.50000123 BTC to 1LwXXGhJynq2pkuUHfNrGW6gxTThvAW4DW and a PM with my shipping details. Cheesy

I'm always buying and selling BTC, PM me for details. Rating and GPG-key: http://is.gd/yossarian

Buy and sell BTC via SEPA: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/nrnxg6

Bitmessage: BM-2DAoXPtLdQEnR2iSneCTjpgRPtzXsSAi1m

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 03:55:45 PM

I'll take one pack of the tastiest kind! I think that's B, isn't it?
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 01:07:09 PM

I will be interested to know if anyone in the US has any trouble receiving through customs.  If anyone from the US can confirm receipt without trouble, I will be interested in getting some honey.  This sholud work out well, as I need to accumulate some BTC anyway.  I hope the new price will be reasonable, though...
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 05:38:54 PM

I'll order 1 of each flavor. What would the total bee?

(see what i did there?)
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 10:39:37 AM

Well I kinda got my honey today.

Royal mail rocked up today and handed me a large box from Thailand   \o/  Yay..... ow wait this feels a bit light... What’s all this crusty yellow stuff leaking out the box..it's...it's Ma Honeyz.....(Disappointed sadface)

Well it got shipped as promised and arrived in good time. The box was in good condition however I'm assuming all the boxs opened up under reduced pressure of the flight and about 80% + of the honey leaked out.

The result:

I have 1 box with about 70ml
3 x totally empty
2 x with about 10-20ml left in them

Totally gutted because the one that’s nearly full looks awesome.

Not tasted any yet because I did not want to open any in case I was asked to take photograph of it also I kept the cardboard shipping box that's saturated in honey to show that it wasn’t crushed etc in transit.

Well I know this seller is just starting out etc etc so I won’t be crying about it and asking for a refund etc but shall leave it up to the op to do as he sees fit.

If you want me to take pic's of packaging do so soon as my mates determined to use said honey on some carrots which is a total waste I imagine.

V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 12:24:08 PM

It's cool man these things can happen dont let it get ya down. Keep at it bro.

Btw just opened C box up the honey its awsome and im so looking forward to trying others in the future.

Will PM you later today and thanks for handiling it how you have.
You just got a loyal future customer.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 02:13:37 PM

thai HONEY, hein? Shocked

Self drawn? U perv bastard, enjoy! Cheesy
Ringmasta

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:48:20 PM

I never received any.  Could still be in shipping, but you *did* get my address, right?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:51:47 PM

Well I kinda got my honey today.

Royal mail rocked up today and handed me a large box from Thailand   \o/  Yay..... ow wait this feels a bit light... What’s all this crusty yellow stuff leaking out the box..it's...it's Ma Honeyz.....(Disappointed sadface)

Well it got shipped as promised and arrived in good time. The box was in good condition however I'm assuming all the boxs opened up under reduced pressure of the flight and about 80% + of the honey leaked out.
Same here. Came in a bag the USPS put over the box to contain the leakage.  Cheesy
Ringmasta

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 09:48:31 PM

Mine arrived today, and my wife says it's an empty container in a honey-encrusted box.  I haven't seen it yet, but I assume she's right.

Sorry about the bad luck with shipping.  I hope you can find out a better method.  It was a pretty cool idea.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 10:19:59 PM

Mine arrived today, and my wife says it's an empty container in a honey-encrusted box.  I haven't seen it yet, but I assume she's right.

Sorry about the bad luck with shipping.  I hope you can find out a better method.  It was a pretty cool idea.
I've had a lot of things break in the past year with USPS. Wine, spaghetti sauce (both packaged well-enough where I don't see how they could've broken unless repeatedly slammed against something), bacon (don't ask), this honey - I had a stick of RAM that somehow partially snapped. Couple packages have gotten lost, and a bank I had insisted they sent me ~10 notices about an overdraft I never received (though I honestly think that was the bank's fault, not the USPS). Never had problems before the past year. Dunno.

I'd prefer a re-ship if you're up for it -- doubt I paid enough to even cover cost of shipping once since I got it in the auction thread. Something like a "squeezee bear" would be fantastic so long as the lid doesn't leak. Dunno how much cost it'd add, though.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 10:24:01 PM

If they are coming in those square plastic containers shown in the OP, you might be able to keep using them if they were wrapped in a thick layer of packing tape, shrink wrap, or both. Watching a shipping agency doing its job is horrifying - packages of all shapes and sizes being recklessly tossed around with wild abandon.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 05:56:11 AM

If they are coming in those square plastic containers shown in the OP, you might be able to keep using them if they were wrapped in a thick layer of packing tape, shrink wrap, or both. Watching a shipping agency doing its job is horrifying - packages of all shapes and sizes being recklessly tossed around with wild abandon.
I'm going to have to find something better before I try to shit these again.
Hope that was a typo 'cause I tasted some inside the box.  Shocked  Cheesy
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 06:08:19 AM

I'm going to have to find something better before I try to shit these again.
Hope that was a typo 'cause I tasted some inside the box.  Shocked  Cheesy

Oh lol and yes. Fixed thanks.

BTW how did it taste?
I couldn't get enough on my finger to really taste anything (pretty well-caked on the box. There was a more substantial amount in the USPS bag, but worried what else the postal workers touched prior to the honey/box). Was considering licking the box, but worried I might someday have to admit in public that I did - like right now.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:41:47 PM

So, I'm quietly sitting in my lair this morning minding my own Loupish business, when I am summoned to the front door to be greeted by a Postal Inspector. He invites me to come down to the Main Post Office and into a special room with cameras and mirrors, and lots of notices about decontamination and Homeland Security on the wall. He asks if I know anybody in Thailand. I thought for a moment, and replied that I didn't know anybody personally, had never traveled there in person, and did not know Gary Glitter. He smiled and pointed to a large white plastic box, sealed all the way around with very large and somewhat intimidating HAZMAT and BIOHAZARD labels on it. The following is a transcript of the conversation:

Inspector: "So you don't know anybody in Thailand who would want to mail biohazards to you, you say?"

Loup: "Nope, nobody in Thailand... wait, crap, I AM expecting some honey from those realms!"

Insp: "Honey? You are expecting "honey" from Thailand? And what else might be included in this "honey"?"

Loup: "Some bee propolis, and perhaps some minor imperfections, bee parts and the like, and it's not all really FROM Thailand, some of the honey is from Laos, and some is from the mountainous regions where the interpretation of international borders can be, shall we we say ambiguous at best?"

Insp: "I don't need to hear about international ambiguities, I want to know what was in this package before this hazardous material became un-packaged and distributed all throughout the packaging, the vehicles which carried it across the globe, befouled the delivery truck which brought it here, and got stuck in several of our high speed postal sorting machines, causing significant delays to all mail being distributed to 23 of the United States?"

Loup: (sensing Inspector's sense of humor is growing tenuous) "Just honey Sir, good clean, Thailandish and Laotian honey, mostly from government sponsored Thailandish bee hives, that quite interestingly are man-made as an economic empowerment project for the relatively impoverished Thailander Apiary-Enthusiast community. And perhaps a little Laotian honey, purely by coincidence, Sir, not by any malice of forethought to circumvent any international honey import/export proscriptions, but just some happenstance Laotian honey that may have been like the fly that fell into the well, honey if you please, Sir."

Insp: "Nothing but honey, you claim?"

Loup: "No, Sir I will only BEE straight with you, it's just honey."

Insp: "From Thailand?"

Loup: " Yup, from Thailand, and a little bit from from Laos, but looking at the currently drippy, and clearly no longer completely segregated state of the honey, I think we can assume is is now blended Thai-Laotian honey, which has become more of a Thai-Laotian blended honey paper infusion fluid at this time. But no biohazardosity, contrabandular, or haz-matishness condition should be inferred from the steadily growing pool of Blended Thai-Laotian honey paper infusion on your floor, Sir."

Insp: "And why did this honey get sent to you? And why in such a sorry state of packaging? There are millions of people waiting for their mail because of this, this, this... mess!!"

Loup: Well, Sir, it's like this... this guy named Goat, who has a total honey of a wife, offered Thai, and Laotian honey for sale on the interwebz as a fundraiser for the bitcoin community forum, and since I had recently enjoyed some tasty Burmese honey, I thought I could wrap up the Asian Honey Trifecta with a double hit of Thai and Laos in one package. So I sent him some bitcoins, and here, a little while later is the honey-ish result of my good intentions. My guess is with the impending Thai new year, and the attendant water splashing duties Goat and the lovely Mrs. Goat have facing them, well they may not be up to the mark on packaging vis a vis modern Western high speed package sorting and handling technology-wise. Sorry about the mess, Sir."

Insp: "His name is 'Goat'? What the hell kind of name is 'Goat'?"

Loup: "Actually he really goes by Chaang Noi- which I believe you would find on the return address if you were to break the Homeland Security Anthrax-proof seal you have on that container, probably written in Sumerian Thai cuneiform, and that would explain it all. He is Goat, I am Loup, and that is honey."

Insp: "Well who in the hell is going to pay for cleaning up this mess, you or Mr. Chaangly Goat or whoever the hell he is?"

Loup: "Umm, Sir, it's like this, since the transaction was in bitcoins, I guess any compensation would have to be in bitcoins. If you could just give me a delivery address for your wallet I would happily send you a couple of hundred Satoshis to cover any costs associated with this."

Insp: "What is this 'bitcoin' nonsense?"

Several hours of tortured explanation ensued at this point, suffice to say at the end he had no clue what bitcoins were, but he was irritated enough with dear old Loup to give me the bum's rush out the interrogation room, which was my plan from the get go.

Insp: "Just take your damn box and go. Now!!"

Loup: "Yup, I am outta here, Sir. Can I just borrow a genuine USPS crowbar to get this box unstuck from the table first?"

So, I guess I need to go on the list of needing some replacement Thai/Laotian honey. But I did score some cool labels for the office!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:02:39 PM

The Burmese was in a screw top bottle, that was taped shut (extensively). Then it was wrapped in plastic, wrapped in bubble wrap (lots) then sealed in a plastic bag before being mailed in a padded envelope. Got through just fine. Might need a couple of bottle of that size (these were 100ml) for each of your "boxes". They were fairly thick-walled and don't deform at all when squeezed, so getting mashed by the postal services around the world won't pop tops off, or sneak around sealing tape.

The Hazmat labels were hilarious, and the delivery guys were like "Nice- they label it hazardous but let us carry it around unprotected."
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:08:42 PM

So, I'm quietly sitting in my lair this morning minding my own Loupish business, when I am summoned to the front door to be greeted by a Postal Inspector. He invites me to come down to the Main Post Office and into a special room with cameras and mirrors, and lots of notices about decontamination and Homeland Security on the wall. He asks if I know anybody in Thailand. I thought for a moment, and replied that I didn't know anybody personally, had never traveled there in person, and did not know Gary Glitter. He smiled and pointed to a large white plastic box, sealed all the way around with very large and somewhat intimidating HAZMAT and BIOHAZARD labels on it. The following is a transcript of the conversation:

Inspector: "So you don't know anybody in Thailand who would want to mail biohazards to you, you say?"

Loup: "Nope, nobody in Thailand... wait, crap, I AM expecting some honey from those realms!"

Insp: "Honey? You are expecting "honey" from Thailand? And what else might be included in this "honey"?"

Loup: "Some bee propolis, and perhaps some minor imperfections, bee parts and the like, and it's not all really FROM Thailand, some of the honey is from Laos, and some is from the mountainous regions where the interpretation of international borders can be, shall we we say ambiguous at best?"

Insp: "I don't need to hear about international ambiguities, I want to know what was in this package before this hazardous material became un-packaged and distributed all throughout the packaging, the vehicles which carried it across the globe, befouled the delivery truck which brought it here, and got stuck in several of our high speed postal sorting machines, causing significant delays to all mail being distributed to 23 of the United States?"

Loup: (sensing Inspector's sense of humor is growing tenuous) "Just honey Sir, good clean, Thailandish and Laotian honey, mostly from government sponsored Thailandish bee hives, that quite interestingly are man-made as an economic empowerment project for the relatively impoverished Thailander Apiary-Enthusiast community. And perhaps a little Laotian honey, purely by coincidence, Sir, not by any malice of forethought to circumvent any international honey import/export proscriptions, but just some happenstance Laotian honey that may have been like the fly that fell into the well, honey if you please, Sir."

Insp: "Nothing but honey, you claim?"

Loup: "No, Sir I will only BEE straight with you, it's just honey."

Insp: "From Thailand?"

Loup: " Yup, from Thailand, and a little bit from from Laos, but looking at the currently drippy, and clearly no longer completely segregated state of the honey, I think we can assume is is now blended Thai-Laotian honey, which has become more of a Thai-Laotian blended honey paper infusion fluid at this time. But no biohazardosity, contrabandular, or haz-matishness condition should be inferred from the steadily growing pool of Blended Thai-Laotian honey paper infusion on your floor, Sir."

Insp: "And why did this honey get sent to you? And why in such a sorry state of packaging? There are millions of people waiting for their mail because of this, this, this... mess!!"

Loup: Well, Sir, it's like this... this guy named Goat, who has a total honey of a wife, offered Thai, and Laotian honey for sale on the interwebz as a fundraiser for the bitcoin community forum, and since I had recently enjoyed some tasty Burmese honey, I thought I could wrap up the Asian Honey Trifecta with a double hit of Thai and Laos in one package. So I sent him some bitcoins, and here, a little while later is the honey-ish result of my good intentions. My guess is with the impending Thai new year, and the attendant water splashing duties Goat and the lovely Mrs. Goat have facing them, well they may not be up to the mark on packaging vis a vis modern Western high speed package sorting and handling technology-wise. Sorry about the mess, Sir."

Insp: "His name is 'Goat'? What the hell kind of name is 'Goat'?"

Loup: "Actually he really goes by Chaang Noi- which I believe you would find on the return address if you were to break the Homeland Security Anthrax-proof seal you have on that container, probably written in Sumerian Thai cuneiform, and that would explain it all. He is Goat, I am Loup, and that is honey."

Insp: "Well who in the hell is going to pay for cleaning up this mess, you or Mr. Chaangly Goat or whoever the hell he is?"

Loup: "Umm, Sir, it's like this, since the transaction was in bitcoins, I guess any compensation would have to be in bitcoins. If you could just give me a delivery address for your wallet I would happily send you a couple of hundred Satoshis to cover any costs associated with this."

Insp: "What is this 'bitcoin' nonsense?"

Several hours of tortured explanation ensued at this point, suffice to say at the end he had no clue what bitcoins were, but he was irritated enough with dear old Loup to give me the bum's rush out the interrogation room, which was my plan from the get go.

Insp: "Just take your damn box and go. Now!!"

Loup: "Yup, I am outta here, Sir. Can I just borrow a genuine USPS crowbar to get this box unstuck from the table first?"

So, I guess I need to go on the list of needing some replacement Thai/Laotian honey. But I did score some cool labels for the office!
Man, I would totally buy your novels if you do write one! Cheesy
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:09:41 PM

The Hazmat labels were hilarious, and the delivery guys were like "Nice- they label it hazardous but let us carry it around unprotected."
IRL trolling complements of the USPS. Win.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
sjs1985

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 12:52:00 PM

Okay I have a new bot that I think will work. Its size is 330 ML so it will be large but as long as the honey stays in it will be fine. Right now it is outside and upside down. If it lasts tomorrow in the sun all day I will ship them out soon.

Also I bought 5 more bots of that really good dark stuff.

Thanks.

I'm interested in that dark one, type B i think. So if the bottle works I'm willing to pay 2BTC
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 01:22:34 PM

Okay I have a new bot that I think will work. Its size is 330 ML so it will be large but as long as the honey stays in it will be fine. Right now it is outside and upside down. If it lasts tomorrow in the sun all day I will ship them out soon.

Also I bought 5 more bots of that really good dark stuff.

Thanks.
As I was anticipating some potential future travel, I noticed a white sticky coating on one of my pieces of luggage.  I happen to know this was caused by fluid leaking out of containers in my luggage, checked in a plane.  This may have been caused by a thoughtless/careless TSA agent, or it may have been caused by the luggage compartment of the plane being less pressurized than the cabin.  Regardless, the fluid in question would not have gotten more viscous when hot.  Moreover, I don't imagine the sun shines directly on packages in transit all that often.  I am guessing that the mail went by air and not sea; I am further guessing that the lack of pressure lead to the leaks more than the viscosity of the honey.  All of that having been said, your test is still better than nothing, I just wonder if a different shipping method wouldn't ultimately work better (assuming I am correct about air travel ultimately holding a role in the previously experienced leaks).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: