Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Iphone 4S 16GB Telus  (Read 1680 times)
dopamine (OP)

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 02:41:10 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 09:59:46 PM by dopamine

Selling Iphone 4S 16GB for 105B includes shipping anywhere, Bought it because I lost my blackberry bold 9900, but I found my old phone. Phone can be unlocked, or jail break. Warranty is still good till Nov 2012...

Please no stupid paypal bullshit or any other form of payment only bitcoins please... will post a picture when I get home today...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 02:42:33 PM

Carrier and escrow accepted?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:14:22 PM

Hell sir. I am very much interested in the item you have for sale.  Since I am currently overseas for business, I shall arrange for my shipper to pick the item up at a time and date of your convenience.  He will exchange with you a cashiers check for five thousand USD ($5000) which I request you deduct the cost of your item from and return the difference.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:36:27 PM

Hell sir. I am very much interested in the item you have for sale.  Since I am currently overseas for business, I shall arrange for my shipper to pick the item up at a time and date of your convenience.  He will exchange with you a cashiers check for five thousand USD ($5000) which I request you deduct the cost of your item from and return the difference.
Ahahaha sure

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:42:10 PM

Is escrow accepted? I personally wouldn't get one unless there's the use of escrow.
dopamine (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 04:57:54 PM

Is there a Escrow for Bitcoins? I don't know how to setup one up? but I want the payment in bitcoin only, I'm willing to provide tracking order number when I ship. even go out my way of taking picture of me packing it all together...

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 05:16:09 PM

Is there a Escrow for Bitcoins? I don't know how to setup one up? but I want the payment in bitcoin only, I'm willing to provide tracking order number when I ship. even go out my way of taking picture of me packing it all together...
There is trusted members of this community who will hold escrow for free or for a small fee when asked. Reason is the ridiculous amount of scams in this forum, especially those who include apple devices. Almost every next sale of an apple device turned out to be a scam hence escrow is and should be needed for members with no rep.
dopamine (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 06:44:42 PM

There is trusted members of this community who will hold escrow for free or for a small fee when asked. Reason is the ridiculous amount of scams in this forum, especially those who include apple devices. Almost every next sale of an apple device turned out to be a scam hence escrow is and should be needed for members with no rep.

Whats the best escrow service for bitcoin?

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:41:54 PM

I'll do it for free Smiley

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
dopamine (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:45:46 PM

ok can you explain how does that work?

BTC guy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:11:39 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2012, 11:25:26 PM by BTC guy

Its no different than shipping first and getting paid later. You send your iphone to another forum member who acts as an escrow service and you hope you get your coins.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:25:25 PM

Means buyer send the bitcoins to a trusted third party, trusted third party tells you its okay to send, you send the item out(with tracking ofc), item reaches buyer, buyer gives the thumbs up to third party, third party releases coins to you. Safer then sending the item out first.
BTC guy

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:35:46 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 04:12:26 AM by BTC guy

Ya in other words you ship before you get paid. Your buyer can tell the guy acting as escrow that you sent him an empty box and you will never see your coins or your iphone. You also have to hope your third party is honest himself and doesnt rip you off. You can get burned from either end. People here will try and tell you this is safer but its only safer for the buyer. Your still shipping off your goods before you have anything in your hands. I personally would not ship until ive been paid. To many things can go wrong. Your shipping carrier can also lose or damage your iphone and you will not get your coins.

BTW can you take a pic with the date and your user name? Anybody can take pics off google.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:59:37 PM

Ya in other words you ship before you get paid. Your buyer can tell the guy acting as escrow that you sent him an empty box and you will never see your coins or your iphone. You also have to hope your third party is honest himself and doesnt rip you off. You can get burned from either end. The people here will try and tell you this is safer but only for the buyer. Your still putting your ass out there and hoping you dont get fucked. My advice is dont ship until you have been paid. To many things can go wrong. Your shipping carrier can also lose or damage your iphone and you will not get your coins.

BTW can you take a pic with the date and your user name? Anybody can take pics off google.
To deter this, you can try dealing only with reputable members and/or film a video with you wrapping the iphone up and passing it to the post office. Unless you have more reputation here, paying before shipping is a huge risk for buyers especially you only accept irreversible bitcoins.
BTC guy

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 12:04:47 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 01:50:16 AM by BTC guy

LOL i love your suggestion of having him record shipping the iphone. That wont protect him at all. There still is no guarantee your buyer or your escrow guy will be honest. All the buyer has to say is it doesnt work and you wont get your coins. Even if you do right and ship the iphone if shit hits the fan and things dont go as planned i can almost guarantee you the guy acting as escrow will side with the buyer who has rep.

likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:39:14 AM

Just thought I'd point out those key points.

BTC guy

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 05:17:29 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2012, 05:46:15 AM by BTC guy

Dont take me the wrong way. If your comfortable with the terms go for it. Only reason i said anything is cause he didnt seem to understand how it works. The only thing escrow is good for is taking the risk off the buyer and dumping it in the sellers lap.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:18:32 PM

protip: if you want to make your pictures more believable, write your forum name + today's date beside your phone. that way, people will know you didn't scrape the image off the internet. Grin

1. Buyer sends me the coins
2. I notify you that he has sent the money
3. You send the goods directly to the buyer
4. Once the buyer says it's ok, I release the funds to you. Otherwise, I act as an arbitrator to the dispute

or

2. You send the goods to me
3. I receive the goods, give you the money
4. I ship the product to the buyer, and film myself shipping it like some other forum members suggested

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 04:22:35 PM

2. I notify you that he has sent the money
3. You send the goods directly to the buyer
4. Once the buyer says it's ok, I release the funds to you. Otherwise, I act as an arbitrator to the dispute

or

2. You send the goods to me
3. I receive the goods, give you the money
4. I ship the product to the buyer, and film myself shipping it like some other forum members suggested
Second choice seems to be a good alternative. If the escrow is absolutely trusted, this could pose to be a better way of escrow-ing as trust is not needed from both parties. Do note I'm not interested in this iphone as it's locked to Telus. Good luck in your sales!
BTC guy

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 05:34:06 PM

We might be explaining and debating escrow for no reason. Those pics are too perfect and awfully tempting. I would not be surprised if he doesnt come up with the pic with his user name.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: