Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Bitscalper under new management.  (Read 15500 times)
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:58:29 AM

i think it is time for legal steps, lawyers and courts  Angry

it should pay someone...

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

it should pay someone...
Good luck trying to find him.

I am not sure what to do, gather all the source I have and upload to Github, make public the bitcoind transaction log (though it shows email address's) and walk away from this sour lemon?
In bitscalpers defence, I did receive messages from him via Skype which I did not reply to due to me working every minute I have free on another project. Plus, I didn't really know what to say when he asked me to re open the site using his new code, put my name on the front of it and he runs it and keeps a percentage of the profit.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:24:30 PM

I think he is in Italy.

Not Nigeria?
MiningBuddy (OP)

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:32:38 PM

Might just as well be, I had a confirmation on an ip used to last login on one of the original servers that it was from Italy, but that is about it. I didn't and still don't want to try and play internet detective, I have other things to sort out and this is also ~1000btc

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:38:18 PM

Might just as well be, I had a confirmation on an ip used to last login on one of the original servers that it was from Italy, but that is about it. I didn't and still don't want to try and play internet detective, I have other things to sort out and this is also ~1000btc

We all know now (and have confirmed) that bitscalper originally intended to run a ponzi scheme, and all the 'delays' were due to the time it took to write a half-assed bot to cover his own ass after the fact.

My intuition was correct about him and my fears were justified. Anyone who invests in anonymous services is a moron and deserves to be scammed. No sympathy at all for the clowns like hoo who cannot wait to part with their money as quickly as possible.

Since CoinExchanger and BitScalper are both ruined, I'd like to see the community start to actually represent themselves in a more professional manner and stop getting us into magazine articles about drugs and anonymous scammy activity. Thanks.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:23:04 PM

it should pay someone...
Good luck trying to find him.

I am not sure what to do, gather all the source I have and upload to Github, make public the bitcoind transaction log (though it shows email address's) and walk away from this sour lemon?
In bitscalpers defence, I did receive messages from him via Skype which I did not reply to due to me working every minute I have free on another project. Plus, I didn't really know what to say when he asked me to re open the site using his new code, put my name on the front of it and he runs it and keeps a percentage of the profit.

Emphasis added.

Perhaps what could have told him is to take a very long walk off a very short pier. You chose to nobly bail out a scammer by assuming his corrupted and unbelievably screwed up criminal enterprise. I assume you are a big boy, and made that decision with proper due diligence and forethought. Too bad, bitscalper turned out to be exactly what a lot of intelligent folks thought it was- the kind of honey pot that sucks in the foolish and naive and steals their funds.

You might have looked at the proposition that you re-open the site using his code as a very clear cut attempt for a criminal to recruit you to be his shill and to front for his criminal activity. You could have told him to stuff himself when he asked for a piece of the action! What action, what profits? He managed to rip off a bunch of folks, and actually had the balls to ask you, his knight in shining armor to put your name on the turd, AND send him a cut?

Just admit that this was a irreparably broken scam, you tried to bail the guy out because he sold you a good line of bullshit, but short of you ponying up the funds to make everyone who lost on this disaster whole, there is no way to put enough lipstick on this pig to make it pretty. The sooner these poor naifs realize that their retirement plan is long gone with that piece of shit bitscalper, the better for all, especially our community. The bad guys won this round, sucks to be us, especially sucks to be you, and played for a fool by this asshole, but seriously, put a stake in this blood-sucking vampire, it's done.
hoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 07:33:38 PM

or play little budding internet entreprenuer who owes ~1000btc,
to a bunch of different people, all over the world.

is the joke on me or has this community become a festival of thieves?

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 08:04:26 PM

hoo:

Well.. tbh - we all knew that Bitscalper was a scam and there had been multiple "rounds" been played. If you were happy enough to "win" most of the rounds in the beginning you were not automatically entitled to win every round of that ponzi game. Just understand that you, as many others, just lost that game and thats it. Noone except the real bitscalper owes you anything..
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:31:00 AM

or play little budding internet entreprenuer who owes ~1000btc,
to a bunch of different people, all over the world.

is the joke on me or has this community become a festival of thieves?

Maybe a festival of suckers is more accurate.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:45:06 AM

hoo:

Well.. tbh - we all knew that Bitscalper was a scam and there had been multiple "rounds" been played. If you were happy enough to "win" most of the rounds in the beginning you were not automatically entitled to win every round of that ponzi game. Just understand that you, as many others, just lost that game and thats it. Noone except the real bitscalper owes you anything..

Roll Eyes
Miningbuddy took over the operation.
Therefore MiningBuddy owes ~1000BTC

Hello fellow bitcoiners, I have an announcement to make that will surely make at least some of you happy.

I have been in talks with the current bitscalper owner and we have came to an arrangement.
I will keep this brief and simple for the time being as things are moving very quickly and my attention is needed elsewhere.

I will be taking over bitscalper.com hosting/domain/website/source code, I.E Everything!

I cannot be held responsible for bitscalper's original owners actions or descisions but after in depth talks with him it is quite clear to me that he never intended to scam anyone or mistreat anyone in the ways portrayed recently, the project is/was too big for him and things have really got him down to the point where there are no options left apart from run. I understand things could/should have been handled different but he has tried his best to my knowledge, given the circumstances. Things could have gone a lot worse but hopefully I can intervene now and get things back on track. Lay off the original owner and give him some credit for trying to make amends, he could have simple just ran away silent.

With this I am also taking on the responsibility of returning customers missing funds.
This will be done as soon as is practically possible, I cannot give an accurate time frame and frankly I don't want any broken promises but rest assured I will be doing a full audit of the databases/bitcoind transactions and announcing a more solid approach to returning your funds when possible.

Plans are to return the site to its former working state after a full security audit has been made and necessary changes made to make the site secure, again I don't have an exact date but this is second on the list after sorting out refunds.

Please direct any questions about bitscalper's future to me in this thread, please keep it civil and on topic.

Therefore, eventually MiningBuddy instead of wearing the staff tag, he is going to be wearing a scammer tag.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:47:49 AM

I think he had written that before he could fully understand the scope of that scam... you could blame him for naivity but not for your mistakes.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:57:31 AM

I think he had written that before he could fully understand the scope of that scam... you could blame him for naivity but not for your mistakes.

My business is being paid back, and what you wrote is simply none of yours or my business.
You simply have no grounds to stand on, so your purpose here and statements are totally fucking void.
As far as I am concerned you are fucking Noise.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:00:48 AM

My business is being paid back, and what you wrote is simply none of yours or my business.
You simply have no grounds to stand on, so your purpose here and statements are totally fucking void.

This is awesome. I'd love to meet you in real life. I've never seen a real monster before.

Nachtwind

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 06:06:10 AM

Getting thin skinned?

I just made my point - sorry for doing so in an open discussion. All i say is that everyone knew that Bitscalper was a scam and most of us participated. Some were fast enough withdrawing, others were left behind. When you were a kid? Did you play with dogs the good old game where you tease a dog till he tries to bite you? Some kids are really good at it, others are so slow they get bitten.. Would you now say the dog's holder is the one to blame?
Sorry, but bitscalper had a unique record of claims and so called technical problems that everyone who was intelligent enough jumped off it early enough. If you believed until the bitter end that you were going to be the one who gains from it then its your own fault.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 08:46:03 PM

This is awesome. I'd love to meet you in real life. I've never seen a real monster before.

hoo is my hero !

I think he is right in this case, though. Maybe start up the scalpin so you can pay the people back with legit profits this time ?
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 04:42:06 AM

So once we get all the pissing out of the way, it's safe to say that it is not a guarantee that anyone is getting BTC back despite MiningBuddy's best efforts? I'm kinda bummed, but it was sunk cost anyway, and I can still eat food with or without the BTC I put into it. Good on you MiningBuddy for stepping up to the plate and trying to help calm this shitstorm, cause even if everyone else on this board wants your head on a pike now, you're still the one who tried to put this back together, and that's more than anyone else on the board can say.
Nachtwind

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:23:15 AM

So once we get all the pissing out of the way, it's safe to say that it is not a guarantee that anyone is getting BTC back despite MiningBuddy's best efforts? I'm kinda bummed, but it was sunk cost anyway, and I can still eat food with or without the BTC I put into it. Good on you MiningBuddy for stepping up to the plate and trying to help calm this shitstorm, cause even if everyone else on this board wants your head on a pike now, you're still the one who tried to put this back together, and that's more than anyone else on the board can say.

good post.
hoo

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 03:29:04 AM

Nachtwind, I'll agree with you only if you agree that when you get cancer, it's going to be your own fault.
Just as when bitcoin reports it's first series of murders, it will be derived by the cancerous speaking portion of this so called facade of a community to be their fault for indeed getting murdered.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:18:17 AM

Nachtwind, I'll agree with you only if you agree that when you get cancer, it's going to be your own fault.
Just as when bitcoin reports it's first series of murders, it will be derived by the cancerous speaking portion of this so called facade of a community to be their fault for indeed getting murdered.

Apples and oranges.

You got suckered by Bitscalper and lost, despite everyone (including myself) warning you to stop.

Your arrogance kept you pushing on like a fucking retarded child.

You got burned horribly bad and desperate to reclaim some of your losses, you hopped on the bandwagon when MiningBuddy said he would try to take over the arbitrage site.

IF MiningBuddy takes responsibility for all of Bitscalper's debt (which is fucking retarded and I don't know what he's thinking), then I will stand right beside you when MiningBuddy doesn't pay. IF MiningBuddy is just taking over the site to try to make money back, then you still only have two people to blame---

1) Yourself for being so goddamn gullible
2) Bitscalper for being the garbage he is

hoo

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 08:24:07 AM

Hoo, I have a serious question for you. How many btc did you actually lose?

Does the premise of purchasing debt interest you?
If not, then clearly none of this is any of your business.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: