Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sucks-or-rocks.com : an idea for an idea repository website  (Read 1603 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:43:05 PM

This is an idea for a website whose purpose would be to promote and evaluate ideas from people all other the world.

You have a great idea that you want to promote, you just enter it in a textfield on the website frontpage.

Exemple:  your idea is "flat tax".  You just enter it.  You don't register, you don't login, your don't do anything except entering your idea.  If this idea is already in the database, then nothing more is done.

On the front page, you can also search for ideas with keywords and you have a list of « popular » ideas.  You can vote for an idea with you CPU.  Using javascript crypto module such as the one used on bitaddress.org, visitors can chose whether an idea "rocks" or "sucks".

So a visitor visitis the "flat tax" page.  There are two big buttons: « this rocks», «this sucks».  If he presses one of them, his computer starts hashing proofs of work and he gets a real time count of the amount of proof of work he's adding.  At anytime he can make it stop by pressing a « Ok, that's enough » button.

By doing so, maybe we can get an idea of what people of the world really want.  It can also be a way to promote and diffuse neat ideas quickly.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 04:14:57 PM

This is an idea for a website whose purpose would be to promote and evaluate ideas from people all other the world.

You have a great idea that you want to promote, you just enter it in a textfield on the website frontpage.

Exemple:  your idea is "flat tax".  You just enter it.  You don't register, you don't login, your don't do anything except entering your idea.  If this idea is already in the database, then nothing more is done.

On the front page, you can also search for ideas with keywords and you have a list of « popular » ideas.  You can vote for an idea with you CPU.  Using javascript crypto module such as the one used on bitaddress.org, visitors can chose whether an idea "rocks" or "sucks".

So a visitor visitis the "flat tax" page.  There are two big buttons: « this rocks», «this sucks».  If he presses one of them, his computer starts hashing proofs of work and he gets a real time count of the amount of proof of work he's adding.  At anytime he can make it stop by pressing a « Ok, that's enough » button.

By doing so, maybe we can get an idea of what people of the world really want.  It can also be a way to promote and diffuse neat ideas quickly.

Ummm! Twunker.com is available.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:18:53 PM

I used to be young and think that idea sharing/depositories like "shareideas.com" or some similar concept would be a good idea and then I got into business and realized it's pointless.

If you have an idea, make it work.

If you have an idea and share it openly in public, someone else will make it work and you'll get jack shit.

Do the math.

EDIT: And for people saying "Oh, Matthew. If we acted like that, nothing would ever get done! Sharing information is caring!", I say to you "Sharing money making ideas with individuals in an incubator environment where there is trust is fine. What if Paypal had heard of Bitcoin before you, adopted it, and made it evil by developing it and marketing it as a controlled version of itself? This strong community we have now would never have existing in its current form, and IF anyone wanted to try to develop against it, they would have seen it as "more of the same" as we currently do for alt-chains.

Keep spreading ideas people, but do it with people who fucking know how to make those ideas work.

Case in point: the author didn't even register the domain he's proposing.

So what if I register it and it takes off? If the author doesn't care, that's one thing--- but looking at his post, he seems to care, and why shouldn't he profit from the site?

Amateurs.

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:40:15 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 10:34:51 AM by grondilu

Keep spreading ideas people, but do it with people who fucking know how to make those ideas work.

So what if I register it and it takes off? If the author doesn't care, that's one thing--- but looking at his post, he seems to care, and why shouldn't he profit from the site?

I don't care at all if someone else does it.  Actually, that's part of the reason I posted it here.  If someone think such a site could be cool and actually implement it, that's all good!  I don't hav technical skills (especially in javascript) to do it myself anyway.

If he earns a lot of money doing so, he would totally deserve it, since as you perfectly point it out, it is one thing to have an idea, it is an other to actually make it come true.  And I believe money should go to the person who makes it come true.

Personnally, I would like such a website to exist.  Whether it is me or someone else who creates it doesn't matter.  I would benefit from it anyway, at least as a user.

Also, it would not just about ideas, but also about people.   For instance, one could enter "Lady Gaga" or "Justin Bieber".  I believe it could be fun.

PS: To tell the truth, I'd even prefer that someone else does it.  I am that lazy Smiley

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:30:46 AM

I don't care at all if someone else does it.  Actually, that's part of the reason I posted it here.  If someone think such a site could be cool and actually implement it, that's all good!  I don't hav technical skills (especially in javascript) to do it myself anyway.

If he earns a lot of money doing so, he would totally deserve it, since as you perfectly point it out, it is one thing to have an idea, it is an other to actually make it come true.  And I believe money should go to the person who makes it come true.

Personnally, I would like such a website to exist.  Whether it is me or someone else who creates it doesn't matter.  I would benefit from it anyway, at least as a user.

Also, it would not just about ideas, but also about people.   For instance, one could enter "Lady Gaga" or "Justin Bieber".  I believe it could be fun.

o.

Then ignore my entire post.

max in montreal

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:24:53 AM

http://www.refresheverything.com/
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:58:39 AM

mostawesomestthingever.com

I should hang out on internet more, instead of always visiting the same websites Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: