Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 04:42:07 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long to generate ONE bitcoin????  (Read 38234 times)
Decksperiment

Activity: 308

Uniting the Power of Sound & Ceation

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 11:00:45 PM

Um, just surmising that the average pc comes supplied with a 450w psu, not only to supply the psu, but the whole computer.. and yes, my pc is a boiler running a recording studio..

wake up to why I'm reading in these threads that new idea's are sought.. How much per month does your isp bill you, and on top of that, isn't there data caps?

And to top it off, the more users that back this, the more devalued the BTC becomes? some hope when the reality bites..

A bloody good idea is getting the ISP's behind this..

If bit's not for generating free money.. or at least doesn't come up with at least a reasonable offer of some interest,  why would people be INTEREST-ED in running a cpu intensive program that uses more power than everything else, and only pays out if your in a pool, that has clearly shown does NOT always forward payments, at least from what I've read here so far..

Maybe Macdonalds will fill our bellies while we pay the bills to generate what?

BTC: 1654DECHaU4QyYXom9ooRBvt2zmULR3MfZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 11:16:53 PM

If bit's not for generating free money.. or at least doesn't come up with at least a reasonable offer of some interest,  why would people be INTEREST-ED in running a cpu intensive program that uses more power than everything else, and only pays out if your in a pool, that has clearly shown does NOT always forward payments, at least from what I've read here so far..

It's just a currency, man.  Like putting funds into a Paypal account.  You certainly don't have to run the generator if you don't want to donate the CPU time to it - just use the client to make transactions.

The primary purpose of Bitcoins isn't to MAKE money; it IS money, just in a different form.  The whole generation thing is only to distribute the initial population of coins.  Personally I'm of the opinion that if I had learned about it earlier, I could have made some decent money with the coins that are now worth more than they did months/years ago, but generation is too difficult now for that to be economically feasible for my single-computer setup.  Oh well, kinda sucks, but it's not the end of the world and I can still use the currency just fine.
Decksperiment

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 12:13:35 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty interested in Bitcoin myself, though I'm still sceptical about the bit where the monetary system in the real world is indeed finished, and this may be the new currency. Like many people, I simply dont understand it yet, and while it may not be the end of the world, the way things are going in korea may just wipe all electronics completely, what with the North threatening Nuclear attacks.. I'm an electronics engineer who knows what emp pulses do, and I've seen what happens to computers when zapped by them.. Oh boy.. services... I have yet to find a good page where the services offered translate into real world luxuries, like food.. on a local basis.. something my gold has taken much better care of than something that doesn't exist in real world terms. I'm not a gold digger, but keep some around for emergencies, My bad credit rating with the banks is due simply to the fact I never wanted a credit card, so never took one, yet I have to pay for everyone who wouldn't give a damn if I was skint.. ouch..

My btc is now 0.19, and I've only been at this since 8pm uk time, and only generating coin's. I'm using a 2 core E3500.. I use 2gig memory, and have 6x 1tb sata eating up the 750w psu, on a business class 20/756 connection, yet my browser is so slow it's becoming inoperable. Then there's the data cap's being enforced by isp's - this will greatly affect even BTC users, at least the 'noobs' - Like me.. I guess all I'm saying, is if you have no cash left after paying the bills, then, BTC is not a good currency, demanding far more than the papaer I currently use to recod my music.. it's like, I can make £25 and hour recording people, or I can run a program.. paper does not prevent me using my tools, but the p2p side of BTC does..

Finally a suggestion to this forums admins, perhaps a suggestion's page, with the current exchange rate of bux to btc in a text scroller?

Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 12:27:45 AM

Quick suggestion:  open up Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, right-click whatever program is doing your mining, and give it low priority.  It'll get nearly as much mining done at a time, but will yield control to your web browser when you're loading a page.
Decksperiment

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 02:06:23 AM

Thanks for your tip ricochet, that certainly helps with surfing.. but I was more thinking if I was to use this long time, I would be unable to record even with btc on low priority due to disk reads/writes, either would have to go..

After finding 1 loophole, I have generated 0.29 over my time here, (5 hours) - but to be honest, since I have to do this manually, simply isn't worth it in relation to running costs for me, though I will continue to look into this..

I'm still confused over these 'confirmations' ? Ok, so I got paid, it shows in my balance, why continue to confirm? Have i actually been paid or not? I reckon I'll give this a week of collecting coin before I figure out the good guy's from the bad.. I see people pool the resources and split the profit, and may yet pool my resources, but so far, sign up usually means handing out bank details, something I simply wont do online, but hey, if the monetary system is gonna crash, why would I need a bank accnt? My only online accnt for buying was a paypal I created in '98, and stopped using in 2000 due to dubious practices, so all I would be able to do is buy online? I want a porche, just for a day, let me drive yours, and I'll give you 1 BTC..

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.