Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCBalancer - a rebalancer BOT  (Read 1327 times)
ottuzzi (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:37:02 PM by ottuzzi

Hi,

I just released BTCBalancer a java opensource rebalancer BOT that works trading BTC/USD on BTC-e (at the moment).
It was heavily inspired by prof7bit balancer made in python for MTGox[1].
To run it you need at least Oracle Java 7[2].

So, citing form prof7bit thread:
This bot will maintain a constant asset allocation ratio Bitcoin/Fiat = 50/50
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebalancing_investments#Rebalancing_bonus
It will do so by placing limit orders above and below current price that will restore the 50/50 ratio once price moves there and fills the order. As soon as one order is filled it will cancel the other and then calculate and place 2 new orders above and below that new price. The price distance of the orders is 5%, that can be changed in the variable DISTANCE you should not make it smaller than 2%).

This strategy will produce a small profit in the long run (a few percent per week if there are huge price swings or nothing at all when its going sideways for many days), it seems a promising strategy for BTC/USD because of its insanely high volatility but it will also make your account balance go up and down directly in tandem with BTC price, so prepared to see huge swings in your account. You should write down BTC-price, USD and BTC balance in your account once a week and plot these curves after a few months or years to see the effect. This is not a get rich quick bot, this needs patience!

To run it you need to:

I'm using it even if, in these days, market is very quiet.
It did not eat my BTC but I cannot offer any guarantee that it will not eat yours!
Please let me know how does it work for you!

Thanks

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181584.0
[2]http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hairynose

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:38:12 PM

Hi,

thanks for the update, had been checking it out.
Unfortunately  I do not know Java or Maven, so i'll wait on it  Smiley
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:47:01 PM

Does this bot buy BTC with least sell price and sell BTC for highest buy price in a given time-frame ?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
ottuzzi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:42:19 PM

Hi,

I just released version 0.9.1. I used it through all the weekend and it worked well without major issues.
You can find updated instructions in the OP.
Please use it and report... and obviously ask if something is not clear Smiley

Thanks for your attention.

Bye
ottuzzi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

Does this bot buy BTC with least sell price and sell BTC for highest buy price in a given time-frame ?

Hi,

this BOT tries to keep the value of the FIAT and the value of BTC the same.
Let's give an example:
  • at beginning you have 100USD and 0BTC. 1BTC is 1$
  • first operation is to balance the wallet: the BOT will buy 50BTC at 1$ so you will have 50$ in FIAT and 50$ in BTC values
  • now 50$ is the new center
  • let's assume in the balancer.properties you have left percentualDistance=5
  • the BOT will place 2 orders
    • an order at 50$+5%=52.5$ to sell some bitcoins (as the value per bitcoin is increased you have to sell some of them to keep your wallet balanced)
    • an order at 50$-5%=47.5$ to buy some bitcoins (as the value per bitcoin is decreased you have to buy some of them to keep your wallet balanced)
  • the BOT will poll the exchange and when an order is executed it will delete the other one and places 2 new orders following the same logic and using a new center (47.5$ or 52.5$ depending on which order got executed).

I hope this will clear your doubts.
Bye
steskoff

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:58:27 AM

Assistance please, do not work for me, Java are immediately closing the window.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
steskoff

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

Please Help:

"Error: Unable to access jarfile btcbalancer-0.9.1-jar-with-dependencies
MacBook-Air-de-stephane:BTCBalancer-0.9.1 stephaneeskoff"

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
steskoff

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:35:20 AM

Please help:

13:32:53.841 [default] [main] INFO  o.brucalipto.btcbalancer.BTCBalancer - * If you find this useful please consider donating to *
13:32:53.842 [default] [main] INFO  o.brucalipto.btcbalancer.BTCBalancer - *          1Ei2qUDy7cmKpNWfNVB3DGi3xzz6Xhrkgp         *
13:32:53.842 [default] [main] INFO  o.brucalipto.btcbalancer.BTCBalancer - *******************************************************
13:32:53.843 [default] [main] ERROR o.brucalipto.btcbalancer.BTCBalancer - Configuration file '/path/to/file/balancer.properties' does not exist or is not readable!
MacBook-Air-de-stephane:BTCBalancer-0.9.1 stephaneeskoff

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: