Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the biggest problem with Bitcoin? Nobody uses it ...  (Read 1638 times)
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:54:01 AM

I believe you're going to see a massive shift over the next 12 - 18 months, and Bitcoin will begin to start gaining true mainstream momentum.

a) There's tons of applications and protocols already developed, or being developed as we speak to make things easier for the end-user.
b) Volatility isn't really there any more.  Sure it bounces around a bit, but there's none of this $200 -> $1000 -> $400 anymore, or at least hasn't been for a while, which is a good thing.
c) Security has massively increased.  Those massive thefts of previous years are a thing of the past, or at least should be.
d) People are naturally scared of the unknown, but now that Bitcoin has been out in the media for so long and continues to pop up, it's probably slowly embedding itself into people's subconcious as a "normal" part of society, so them adopting it will become more second nature for them.

And other reasons...  don't worry, mainstream adoption is on the way.  Above everything, Bitcoin has proven itself brilliantly as a wealth storage and transfer medium, which is all it was originally intended to be, and it's done so beautifully.  Just think, the Bitcoin mining network now contains all computing power necessary to run its own global transaction network, versus using SWIFT, ACH, IBAN, etc.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:56:03 AM

The biggest problem with Bitcoin is...

(duh dunt duhhhh)

...the never ending supply of people who think they've found the biggest problem with Bitcoin!

Grin Grin Grin
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:56:35 AM

Almost everyone has heard of the Bunny Ranch, but few people use it.

I guess that means Dennis Hoff should shut it down even though it has made him millions. Clearly it is a failure.

I've never heard of or have any idea what the Bunny Ranch is?

Problem is, hardly anyone is actually USING Bitcoin to buy and sell anything but drugs.

Using a currency is not only about buying tangible products, it is about buying services too.

You see members here hiring for design work, program code, advertising, domain names, voucher codes... These are real business activities and bitcoin is USED as a payment system. The products are usually digital goods because shipping a physical product is expensive.

I forgot to mentioned all the people transacting with it here. People are using it, just not to the level you want. As I said above, this will chnage over time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: