Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin GPU mining revelations and ArtForz running away  (Read 8508 times)
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 07:08:38 PM

I am surprised where you draw the line between "not knowing" and a "lie".

Would you accuse Ptolemeus of lieing just because he established the geocentric model of the universe? Or Nils Bohr for his model of the Atom? Furthermore why would you accuse Artforz for giving something he seemingly hasnt had much trust in more time to spend on? If i was in the situation and would know to the best of my knowleadge that there is no need (for me!) to investigate something any deeper i would as well not keep working on it.
The question just is: is someone guilty of lieing if he doesnt give a topic a second or third or nth thought and other proof him wrong? If you really believe that you should never ever go into the real world. I lie is an active act and nothing as passive as not knowing. ..

So who here has undoubtful proof that Artforz, someone i got to know so far as a honest person, lied to the forum? All i can see so far is just some SC supporters and trolls to badmouth him, nothing more.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 07:08:59 PM

So who here has undoubtful proof that Artforz, someone i got to know so far as a honest person, lied to the forum? All i can see so far is just some SC supporters and trolls to badmouth him, nothing more.

Exactly and from the same fucking bunch who were mining the SC from the start with GPUs thinking they were doing it so everyone must be like them and was doing it with LTC as well.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:27:57 PM

We know that a gpu client exist and now everyone has it. This means that someone made it and chances are he (and maybe an inner circle) used it for himself before releasing it.
So of course i am not sure it's ArtForz, maybe someone else. 
When discussions about litecoin, scrypt and gpu appeared, the reason about why it would sucks on gpu was about memory too slow but it's clear that the reason was happily false.
Now, the scrypt thing wasn't topsecret, everyone had access to it, but of course almost no one cared about making a GPU client
But someone did and someone kept telling us that "nono don't worry, there is no gpu client, it's impossible"
Then we have someone telling us like "a gpu client? oh it would give like 9khash"
Meanwhile someone was happily GPU mining.

Sure, it was our fault, after all there is a sticky thread in the newbie forum that says TRUST NO ONE. Next time we will better try to make our gpu client instead of relying on others

There is no GPU client

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:21:05 PM

We know that a gpu client exist and now everyone has it. This means that someone made it and chances are he (and maybe an inner circle) used it for himself before releasing it.
mtrlt made and released it, not artforz.

Now, the scrypt thing wasn't topsecret, everyone had access to it, but of course almost no one cared about making a GPU client
But someone did and someone kept telling us that "nono don't worry, there is no gpu client, it's impossible"
No, you're plainly wrong here. Artforz said that in his  opinion a gpu miner was not more profitable (reads as: equally more efficient than gpu to cpu on btc) and hard to implement. He made a gpu version back then (i think) which was working quite inefficient. Why should he follow a train of thought he already dismissed as not worth his time? Especially at a time when LTC wouldnt even give any real profits if you did make a few thousand coins more than everyone else?
How long does Ltc exist? Half a year, maybe longer? Ask yourself why art should have invested that amount of time in LTC for close to no profit..

Meanwhile someone was happily GPU mining.
Was someone? Do you have any proof?

Sure, it was our fault, after all there is a sticky thread in the newbie forum that says TRUST NO ONE. Next time we will better try to make our gpu client instead of relying on others
I totoally think that thats right. If there is something Artforz could be to blame it would be his lack of creativity when writing his initial tests on scrypt on gpu. If he had spend more time on that he might have spotted the obvious possibility of mining scrypt with GPU.. but as i said like a thousand times before: Noone tried to proof it at all that he was actually doing it. It would be easy using the blcok explorer spotting some wallet getting lots and lots of coins..

Again: I am surprised to see where people here draw the line between lie and not knowing stuff...
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:37:47 PM

I'd like to see proof that ArtForz did in fact GPU mine LTC.

LTC seems to be doing just fine.

Not sure why this thread needs to be taken seriously without any proof that ArtForz in fact did scam people in LTC.

Please show me proof that he did what is being spouted in OP.

As I said a few posts earlier:
I don't know which is true, and there's really no simple way to prove any of the 3 options outlined above. Whether it was purely a lack of caring enough, or a desire to make a quick buck, I don't think we will ever know.

Then if you have NO proof. Please STFU and stop posting BS on this forum. Thank you!  Grin

You really believe that somebody as knowledgeable like ArtForz would miss something as easy like "I could not figure out why it was not producing valid shares and I left it" Huh

ArtForz clearly lied to us all and we have been duped. That is what really happened IMHO. He did the same thing with BTC, GPU mining about 60K on a 4870 ( told me this in btc-e chat ) in the early days while the rest of the idiots were CPU mining BTC. He was a liar and thus he did not log in since 15 February.

Here highlighted in RED is where your logic is flawed. It can't "really" have happened it is in "IMHO".  Roll Eyes
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:48:04 PM

So far, the claims are as follows:

1.) The SC guys had the LTC GPU miner.
2.) The SC guys "found" the evidence of an LTC GPU miner.
3.) Somehow, its all Artforz fault.

One and two are fairly well established. Claim 3 was put forth by the SC folks after their LTC miner came to light.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Cosbycoin

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 10:50:41 PM

So far, the claims are as follows:

1.) The SC guys had the LTC GPU miner.
2.) The SC guys "found" the evidence of an LTC GPU miner.
3.) Somehow, its all Artforz fault.

One and two are fairly well established. Claim 3 was put forth by the SC folks after their LTC miner came to light.

+1
Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:01:02 PM

#1 tactic: When in doubt, blame it all on SolidCoin.

It's ok, we're thick skinned.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 11:33:06 PM

Note how you don't dispute the facts I present, you only dispute the conclusion.
Right now all we have to go on is the SC folks "discovered" an LTC GPU miner and the SC folks "discovered" LTC being mined with GPUs.
Everything else is theory (and in some cases fantasy).

All evidence to the contrary. Just look at the post history of Coinhunter for how "thick skinned" you are. I would say look at the post history of ViperJBM (former PR director for Soiledcoin) except he deleted all of it because he couldn't stand the thought of it being associated with his real identity.

Or did you typo and mean "thick-headed"?

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 12:34:42 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2012, 01:21:15 AM by tacotime

edit: nm

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 12:48:27 AM

#1 tactic of solidcoin lie and lie some more when caught lying blame it on someone else or claim it was the plan all along.
Cosbycoin

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:11:55 AM

#1 tactic of solidcoin lie and lie some more when caught lying blame it on someone else or claim it was the plan all along.

+1  Grin
Cosbycoin

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 03:43:43 AM

FYI people, Ten98 and Bulanula are the same person unless they both use the same computer with Tesco Internet from London.

Pretty well explains the pro Solidcoin, CH ass kissing and hatred of Litecoin in addition to being afflicted sick with a jealous rage that they aren't ArtForz LOL...

~BCX~

Maybe they are twin homos. LOL
vmarchuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 06:20:01 AM

you've had a 1000 BTC placed on you at SA Forums

I think you accidentally word.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:39:26 AM

FYI people, bitcoinexpress and the guy who shot kennedy are the same person uness they both use the same computer in Texas, United States of America.

Pretty well explains the pro banking agenda and anti SolidCoin rherotic stemming from these people. LOL.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:42:56 AM

Let's hope so Ahimoth, you've had a 1000 BTC placed on you at SA Forums just a few minutes ago by someone who really hates you guys and has a shit load of BTC to back it up.

Coinhunter may be in Australia but you're sure as hell right there in beautiful Lancaster in the LA area.

We may not be able to touch CH, but as Viper can attest, it's a short leap from here to there.

Be a mouth piece for Coinhunter, suffer the consequences.

care to prove that with a link, bitcoinexpress?
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:45:14 AM

Ask daniel maddox/bitcoinexpress to prove anything and you're pretty much preying to jesus here.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 05:05:31 PM

Ask daniel maddox/bitcoinexpress to prove anything and you're pretty much preying to jesus here.

Gavin signs his messages. Why won't you sign yours with the tyrant keys so we know its actually RealSolid?
Oh, right. You work against transparency and trust not towards them.

P.S. it's praying.

racerguy

Activity: 270

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 05:33:30 PM

I remember a few weeks ago wondering out loud on btc-e how much time  artforz spent on the tbx gpu miner and he said 50btc's worth (10minutes I guess).
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 10:50:31 PM

Here you go then:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70069.0;topicseen

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: