Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a site like ebay that accepts bitcoins?  (Read 4397 times)
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:36:22 AM

The future will be a decentralized consensus auction platform like Open Bazaar.

https://openbazaar.org

Main problem is- low amount of items that are being offered for sell.
Sadly, if you really need to buy something  for a normal price and at a good quality, you won't really find it at OpenBazaar or on any other Cryptocurrency market, and if you will, you are going to have only 1/2 options to select from.
I would recommend you to convert the bitcoins into fiat and buy with fiat the item that you wanted to buy , as there is still no solution for online marketing with cryptocurrencies.
OpenBazaar system is still not 100% ready in my opinion, has a lot of improvements to make, too sad that the main developers are already out of the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caffeine239

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:13:34 AM

What do you mean half options? I'm glad i found this post. I'm actually in the process of making an auction website similar to eBay but uses cryptocurrencies. I can not release web address at this time but it will be live soon and not only can you sell household items you can make money with a referral program. This will be launched around end of march maybe sooner.
servogeek2
Copper Member

Activity: 30

Somewhere in the Ether

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 08:51:40 AM

We are currently working on an ebay like solution for cryptocurrency that also aims to solve most of the issues around volatile profits for sellers.

ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2676153.0

Kizuna123

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:39:18 AM

I think there are but as you can see there some sites that are shutdown , I think it is because there are no more to offer because cryptocurrency is new in the way to pay as it price randomly raising or not.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:45:34 PM

I just don't think there is the demand for this type of site yet to become a success.

bitmit.net was a good site.. very similar to ebay, just one problem, very few products available for sale. not only that, very little traffic for sellers so they aren't encouraged to list more items.  

same thing with the likes of cryptothrift.com.  It's almost a catch-22, like i said too early for bitcoin only auction websites.  Give it a year or two, but by this time i would expect ebay to accept bitcoin (perhaps through paypal, who knows)

With only a small number of crypto users, it may be very well the case that the demand for a site like this would be small. I have not heard of such a site so it's possible that there may be an existing site such as one but it is not that popular. Even if they are existing, only few would use the site and probably buy using bitcoin. Once bitcoin becomes even more mainstream, more sites would probably be created.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:48:46 PM

all of the online btc stores are, pretty much, crap. You can go over to the service section and offer for someone else to order the item for you and you'd pay them in btc+ a little fee if needed. Basically the concept of the, now offline, brawker website. Pretty sure here are people that are willing to "buy" smaller amounts of btc that way.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:00:36 PM

I do not think paypal will accept bitcoin as there is too much risk of cashback claims. Paypal will not,at the moment,accept blockchain transaction as proof of sending payments.
Liquidathor22

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:48:21 AM

I do not think paypal will accept bitcoin as there is too much risk of cashback claims. Paypal will not,at the moment,accept blockchain transaction as proof of sending payments.

I recently set up a payment gateway on my ecommerce with paybear.io  and would highly recommend them to others looking to start transacting through cryptos. They even accept paypal and skrill transactions. Just waiting for my first order now… Cheesy
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

Wow, this thread is created way back 2014 and look on how bitcoin was accepted in different online stores now domestic or foreign.
Bitcoin is more than enough with PayPal and there is a rumor that they will accept in the future but that's just a rumor and no one knows if that will be for real.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:41:24 PM

I am wondering if there is an auction site like ebay, or anything similar that accepts bitcoins.

If you're shopping on shopify, most of them have begun to start accept crypto payments. You can check that out.
shellomomma

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:43:58 PM

Right now I dont know for any auctions that accept btc but I am pretty sure that this year most of them will consider crypto as a source of payment.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:56:48 PM

As it stands now, such things have not been fully feasible. The acceptability and adoption of Bitcoin by certain merchants is still on the low and and not very popular. The only thing I have been able to buy are minor online services. With time there will be more adoptio, sites like that would very much available.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:45:06 PM

I think theres some site that accepts bitcoin, but i think it is very limited, because we cannot hide the fact that some merchants are afraid because of bitcoins volatility. But in know someday all merchants will accept it, now that bitcoin and other cryptos are starting to become popular. All we need to do is to relax and wait.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:04:12 PM

In my country I have one shop that accepting Bitcoins. They focuse on electronic products. Maybe you'll find somone like that.
surija18

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:13:59 PM

Who knows, what shops except BTC in London?
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:19:19 PM

the site still receives bitcoin, ebay also still holds the sale place so bitcoin can also be used on ebay site but if you want to accept, it also depends where you will sell all your tokens. and also you must lose some of your results as taxpayer .
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:21:48 AM

Uuhm… first of all, someone mentioned bitify.com. The site is good but I don’t think you should be comparing it to eBay cause it lacks a lot of things you would be interested in. If what you have in mind is buying clothes, Gillette razors, TV, toys for your kids, phones and other similar stuffs, then bitify.com is not for you, cause you wouldn’t see those.

What you will see there is just software apps, tools and similar things as that. Sorry bro, I’m not a programmer, neither am I an engineer. I just need what I need for a better life. The only site that seems good is overstock.com, but I still don’t like it cause it is not close to being like eBay.
andamers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:20:01 PM

I think at least two problems to solve
1, transaction costs, when I buy a small amount of things, is it more expensive than what I bought?
2, transfer speed, buyers and sellers can not stand such a long waiting time.
alexs_03

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:54:15 PM

I think there are but as you can see there some sites that are shutdown , I think it is because there are no more to offer because cryptocurrency is new in the way to pay as it price randomly raising or not, And  recently set up a payment gateway on my ecommerce with paybear.io  and would highly recommend them to others looking to start transacting through cryptos Grin
Angle22

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:36:17 AM

if I do not accept ebay bitcoin, because I recently joined the bitcoin forum
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: