Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bit-Pay expands Direct Deposit to CANADA and MEXICO, lower fees for USA  (Read 5501 times)
pachamama

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:41:37 AM

This is a heads up for Bitpay account holders in Mexico and other countries
outside the USA.

I have been waiting a week now to receive a direct deposit
of 50,000 MXN (about $4,000 USD) from Bitpay.

The funds were deducted from my Bitpay account last Wednesday
yet the deposit never arrived in my bank account the following day, nor
did they arrive the day after that.

On Monday February 10th, 2014 I emailed Bitpay and they said their
bank forgot to make the direct deposit.

Later Monday evening they admitted their bank is no longer making
international wire transfers.

This is totally understandable as many USA banks were announcing in
December of 2014 that they would no longer allow outgoing international
wire transfers after a certain date yet I find it very hard to believe a company
like Bitpay would be the last to know about this or be at all surprised about it.

What is shocking is that Bitpay has really bungled their handling of this.

I have been waiting for 6 full days now to receive my deposit. When Bitpay told me
their bank was haggling with them about making future international wire transfers
I asked Bitpay to just cancel the wire transfer and refund me the BTC to my bitcoin
account.

Sadly, they started dragging their heels and stopped replying to my emails
which makes me think they are not telling the whole truth of the matter.

I am posting this so any international Bitpay account holders may be spared some of the
anxiety and suffering I have been enduring from this fiasco.

Be advised if you are a Bitpay international client: They are not completing international
wire transfers currently and the worst part about this is that if your funds are deducted
from your Bitpay account awaiting direct deposit, they will just be lost in limbo. They
don't even bother replying when you ask them to just cancel the direct deposit and
simply refund your BTC.

Support did reply to me after 24 hours more or less but they just made a vague
promise that they would have this worked out this week, yet they still do not reply
to requests to cancel the transfer and refund the BTC.

My advice to any who have funds in Bitpay that they really need is to
make sure your settlements are set to 100% BTC so your funds don't get
lost in direct deposit hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:26:40 PM

I seriously hope this is not true. We too have been having issues with $17K AUD sent on Friday that is yet to be received. We were told it was due to the snow storm in Atlanta. This does not explain another missing payment from the 5th of February however.

Up until this month BitPay have been excellent in both service and support and do not seem like the type of company to hide issues from their clients. Did they really admit their bank is not processing international transfers? That must affect affect a huge amount of their clients! It honestly boggles the mind if this is true.

BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

What, still nobody from BitPay to comment?

Empty
CoinsForTech

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

I seriously hope this is not true. We too have been having issues with $17K AUD sent on Friday that is yet to be received. We were told it was due to the snow storm in Atlanta. This does not explain another missing payment from the 5th of February however.

Up until this month BitPay have been excellent in both service and support and do not seem like the type of company to hide issues from their clients. Did they really admit their bank is not processing international transfers? That must affect affect a huge amount of their clients! It honestly boggles the mind if this is true.

Just following on from this, the missing transactions have been withdrawn from our BitPay account a long time go but never showed up in our bank account. Overnight BitPay has confirmed they have identified both transactions and both should clear our bank in the next few days.

Looking forward to getting some cash flow back!

CoinsForTech

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:24:34 AM

All of our funds are now received. What a relief!

How's it looking for you guys?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: