Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want Tom14cat14 to take over coin.  
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Close Thread  (Read 11243 times)
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:16:56 AM

I am going to give one last chance for any developers or coin holders to speak up and say they would like to take the coin over. If not I will move forward I will listen to the community as best I can but I will also be making choices in what I think will be best for the coin to succeed if no one steps up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:08:52 AM

Bittrex has just informed me that we will be given a week to increase our volume. We survive at least another week.
rel-oad

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:07:01 AM

If we're going for a rename I'd like to submit: TrickleCoin

It's the only word I can find that matches the TRK letters and actually goes somewhat to describing the parameters of the coin Smiley
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:33:48 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 10:55:52 AM by sluppy

please don't make a poll only to satisfy the majority (50% +1). didn't you ever think that this opinion could be potentially wrong? prior to a voting a question should be discussed to highlight all pros and cons.

Yes I did think about it. However with such a dump I am trying to get new investor to want this coin. The most common thing out of their mouth first is what a stupid name. That is why I am entertaining the idea of a possible name change.

is this opinion representative? i.e. may be these investors were all from a closed group influenced by some associations?

This is very true I do not know. Some of them are just people I have run across.

I support tom14 in whatever he wants to do with the coin , he has been putting effort into this coin since the start (more then old dev).
Most of the votes have been infavour of a name change.
Edit : a better google search removed my suggestion for a name.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:23:21 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 02:59:22 PM by iantunc

please don't make a poll only to satisfy the majority (50% +1). didn't you ever think that this opinion could be potentially wrong? prior to a voting a question should be discussed to highlight all pros and cons.

Yes I did think about it. However with such a dump I am trying to get new investor to want this coin. The most common thing out of their mouth first is what a stupid name. That is why I am entertaining the idea of a possible name change.

is this opinion representative? i.e. may be these investors were all from a closed group influenced by some associations?

This is very true I do not know. Some of them are just people I have run across.

I support tom14 in whatever he wants to do with the coin , he has been putting effort into this coin since the start (more then old dev).
Most of the votes have been infavour of a name change.
Edit : a better google search removed my suggestion for a name.

and that is what i'm trying to say. a dev or devs should have a final word and use polls only to get overall opinion of the community which can be wrong depending on some circumstances.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
truckcoin

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

Once new developers are decided on I will transfer domain and website as well as Twitter so it is easy to get this coin going again.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

Hello I wanted to be fair and transparent to everyone and let them know what is going on with this coin. Right now I am looking at doing a Hard fork launch to a new coin just like HYP. Except some of the parameters would be different. The PoS interest would be 100% with halving every year. The min coin age for stake would be lowered to 3 hours. The name and ticker would be changed. The reason for this is because we are wanting to change so many things we would be creating a new coin and forcing everyone to have that new coin. Since I would be changing the rules and some will not like it I dont want to force them in to these big of changes. The plan is just like HYP you will need to have your coins in your wallet at the time of the fork in order to get the new coin. At the time of the fork we will create 2 block chains and 1 will remain TRK and the old developer will be still responsible for what ever happens to that coin. I will be responsible for the new coin. This gives you a choice to participate in getting the new coin at no additional cost if you already own TRK coin.

If you have any suggestions for a name please let me know. We have not set a date for this but I hope it can be done with in the next week. Please stay tuned for more info.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:56:27 PM

Hello I wanted to be fair and transparent to everyone and let them know what is going on with this coin. Right now I am looking at doing a Hard fork launch to a new coin just like HYP. Except some of the parameters would be different. The PoS interest would be 100% with halving every year. The min coin age for stake would be lowered to 3 hours. The name and ticker would be changed. The reason for this is because we are wanting to change so many things we would be creating a new coin and forcing everyone to have that new coin. Since I would be changing the rules and some will not like it I dont want to force them in to these big of changes. The plan is just like HYP you will need to have your coins in your wallet at the time of the fork in order to get the new coin. At the time of the fork we will create 2 block chains and 1 will remain TRK and the old developer will be still responsible for what ever happens to that coin. I will be responsible for the new coin. This gives you a choice to participate in getting the new coin at no additional cost if you already own TRK coin.

If you have any suggestions for a name please let me know. We have not set a date for this but I hope it can be done with in the next week. Please stay tuned for more info.

Why not open a new topic for your coin as Presstab did for HyperStake and leave TRK as is?
What was the point opening this "new dev" topic for Truckcoin if you have no plans to support TRK and just want to fork it?

You just hurting Truckcoin doing this.
For example, I hold a good amount of TRK because of 200% PoS and not interested in your fork, why did you hijack TRK topic and now advertising your fork here?
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

Why not open a new topic for your coin as Presstab did for HyperStake and leave TRK as is?
What was the point opening this "new dev" topic for Truckcoin if you have no plans to support TRK and just want to fork it?

You just hurting Truckcoin doing this.
For example, I hold a good amount of TRK because of 200% PoS and not interested in your fork, why did you hijack TRK topic and now advertising your fork here?

I didn't plan of forking it at first I was going to support it. But there was some pushback to changes I was going to make. I just decided this when I posted above comment. To say I am hurting trk is a big joke. It would be delisted from bittrex if it wasn't for me. The price would be less then 10 sat. That is where it was before I said I would help the coin. I will make a new thread tomorrow and close this one. I will also edit my post in the other thread directing you here.
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

please leave 200% PoS please

iantunc

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:30:47 PM

truckcoin is an abandoned coin with no devs and ugly name. but it has two forks so far. ha-ha.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:31:31 PM

please leave 200% PoS please

It will. The plan is you get trk as is and what ever the new coin is. Just like what happened with HYP
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:34:13 PM

To say I am hurting trk is a big joke. It would be delisted from bittrex if it wasn't for me. The price would be less then 10 sat. That is where it was before I said I would help the coin. I will make a new thread tomorrow and close this one. I will also edit my post in the other thread directing you here.
Maybe I'm wrong but in my opinion this new topic now hurts TRK much more than delisting from Bittrex.
There are a lot of coins doing great without Bittrex and TRK is a nice high pos coin with good potential.

I will make a new thread tomorrow and close this one. I will also edit my post in the other thread directing you here.
It would be nice, thanks.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:19:38 AM

To say I am hurting trk is a big joke. It would be delisted from bittrex if it wasn't for me. The price would be less then 10 sat. That is where it was before I said I would help the coin. I will make a new thread tomorrow and close this one. I will also edit my post in the other thread directing you here.
Maybe I'm wrong but in my opinion this new topic now hurts TRK much more than delisting from Bittrex.
There are a lot of coins doing great without Bittrex and TRK is a nice high pos coin with good potential.

I will make a new thread tomorrow and close this one. I will also edit my post in the other thread directing you here.

Before I started this topic TRK was at 10 sat because no one was willing to help it. So I stepped in and things have changed that's why I want to let those who want trk have it and those who want a new coin can buy cheap TRK and will have both coins.
iantunc

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:25:37 AM

Before I started this topic TRK was at 10 sat because no one was willing to help it. So I stepped in and things have changed that's why I want to let those who want trk have it and those who want a new coin can buy cheap TRK and will have both coins.

we appreciate your help, you also contacted bittrex ans asked to wait with delisting.

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:43:40 PM

And we also need a new logo once of course the name is changed

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:45:34 PM

truckcoin is an abandoned coin with no devs and ugly name. but it has two forks so far. ha-ha.
That could start a whole new economic model: Buy a coin and double, triple, quadruple your investment as people fork it. The power of copy and paste a.k.a. Magic Internet Money Smiley
Interested to see how far it would go and how premined/unfair it would be considered. Certainly devtome will not like it Smiley

I love experiments.

By the way, updated donation list.
I pledge to add 10,000 on the table.
(if you want to modify this table, use a monospace font text editor like notepad, it will be much easier to use)

UsernameTRK pledgedTotal TRK
Tom14cat1450,000            50,000          
kryptologist30,000            80,000          
HunterS10,000            90,000          
Bumberchute20,000            110,000        
rel-oad40,000            150,000        
waxo15,000            165,000        
sluppy50,000            215,000        
David Latapie10,000            225,000        

Edit: there is also an allcoin market for TRK: https://www.allcoin.com/trade/TRK_BTC. Allcoin's strenght is on the trade history statistics, which helps you knowing how much you bought, how much you sold, your average buy and sell and when you reached your ROI. If they added Poloniex's sort by volume and sort by price changes, it would be even better.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:30:37 PM

we appreciate your help, you also contacted bittrex ans asked to wait with delisting.

Would you be happy If I leave the coin as is? And just support as is with only minor updates. Such as fixing the staking calculator?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:34:39 PM

Would you be happy If I leave the coin as is? And just support as is with only minor updates. Such as fixing the staking calculator?
Leaving the coin as it is will make it unlisted next week or so, since no one will take care of it. I have no issue with that, since I already took profit somehow by HYP fork and your fork would be like doubling profit.
I just want people to know what they are signing for when saying "leave it as it". I saw what happened with Mintcoin when they refused presstab's offer.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:01:56 PM

You are wrong, delisted from Bittrex would be the death of this coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: