Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS/WTT] 3D Printed---R-Pi Cases---BlackArrow-BB cases---Figurines/Models +MORE  (Read 8642 times)
mstrongbow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:40:52 AM

Thanks bro! I've been scrambling to stay on top of things...with my recent move, I am further behind than usual, hehe

Working on getting my new (non-branded) R-Pi A/B model lids printed and product pics posted. I had to change my miners around a bit today...finally got my new Black Widow up and running, thanks to Multi-Miner! hehee

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:20:10 PM

Very cool.
I have a Pi B+ that is being sent to me this week.  I am excited you have all the case sets I need.

Stoked!!!

I will be posting info and pics for the R-Pi B+ cases tonight! Finally ready for production.

Taking pics with my crappy cam and posting soon...was a late night in the garage.

Just placed an order for the last part needed for my R-Pi fan case....I cannot sell the cases without testing them myself!

Parts list:
Adafruit Micro Lipo-USB LiIon/LiPoly charger
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1304

Evercool EC1708M05C fan
http://www.evercool.com.tw/categories/global/fan/dcfan/ec-1708/ec1708.html

Code:
EC1708M05C model
5 volts
0.08 amps
0.4 watts
11000 rpm
0.6 cfm
0.1 press. ("/h2o)
<15 dBA

The Adafruit charger will be for use with units currently using the GPIO (BTCGarden miners etc)...otherwise I am going to use Male to Female jumper wires (http://www.adafruit.com/products/824) and wire the fan directly to the R-Pi GPIO. If anyone can source/make USB A male to JST female cables that would be sweet and the preferred route over the Adafruit charger.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

Very cool.
How is the final placement going to go?
It looks like a great setup for the BTC Gardens.  GPIO was something I have been thinking of I had not decided yet.  Very interested in how it goes with your setup.

Very cool.
I have a Pi B+ that is being sent to me this week.  I am excited you have all the case sets I need.

Stoked!!!

I will be posting info and pics for the R-Pi B+ cases tonight! Finally ready for production.

Taking pics with my crappy cam and posting soon...was a late night in the garage.

Just placed an order for the last part needed for my R-Pi fan case....I cannot sell the cases without testing them myself!

Parts list:
Adafruit Micro Lipo-USB LiIon/LiPoly charger
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1304

Evercool EC1708M05C fan
http://www.evercool.com.tw/categories/global/fan/dcfan/ec-1708/ec1708.html

Code:
EC1708M05C model
5 volts
0.08 amps
0.4 watts
11000 rpm
0.6 cfm
0.1 press. ("/h2o)
<15 dBA

The Adafruit charger will be for use with units currently using the GPIO (BTCGarden miners etc)...otherwise I am going to use Male to Female jumper wires (http://www.adafruit.com/products/824) and wire the fan directly to the R-Pi GPIO. If anyone can source/make USB A male to JST female cables that would be sweet and the preferred route over the Adafruit charger.

mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:45:43 PM

New pictures being posted today!

I am also working on my very own website/webstore. Stay tuned.

*Got LootCrate?*
BitcoinBrains

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 05:53:11 PM

How about a protective case for a Neptune controller?

Bitcoin Brains, brick and mortar bitcoin stores in Alberta, Canada. 
Buy cool stuff for bitcoins
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:07:06 PM

How about a protective case for a Neptune controller?

Yes but I would need a Neptune controller to work with for getting the fitment right. If you, or anyone has one spare/extra laying around and would be willing to ship my way, I'd be happy to design the enclosure and supply a couple/few to the person who lent me the controller. I am working on a deal like that with another BCT member for sidehacks dps2k board.

Thanks for the inquiry mate.

*Got LootCrate?*
HamiMine

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:24:39 PM

Just placed a order for 5 R-Box mounts and a case for the BlackArrow Breakout Board.

Looks like those mounts might be just what I was looking for. Thanks.

It is real exciting to see some one come up with a design and offer 3d printing services to the community.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:27:50 PM

Hi, I hope all is well.  Any news on the RPi case with the fan?
I am looking forward to them.

Just got my fan yesterday but I may have purchased too small of a fan...this thing measures 17mm x 17mm x 8mm but spins @11k rpm, so maybe it will suffice. I went with a fan that was readily available and fairly low price but also had good reviews for reliability etc.

I will be posting some pics up tonight/tomorrow after I test the fan some.

RPi is a fanless device, why would you need a fan for Raspberry Pi?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:42:38 PM

Just got my fan yesterday but I may have purchased too small of a fan...this thing measures 17mm x 17mm x 8mm but spins @11k rpm, so maybe it will suffice. I went with a fan that was readily available and fairly low price but also had good reviews for reliability etc.

A custom request was made for an R-Pi case with a fan mount so I stepped up and sourced parts to design a case for such need.

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:21:30 PM

Nice, remember to let me know when you are set with it.

A custom request was made for an R-Pi case with a fan mount so I stepped up and sourced parts to design a case for such need.

mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

Lat of the supplies needed arrive today. I am aiming to keep the price as low as possible.
Going to be a busy day but I should have this and a couple other projects wrapped up by this afternoon.
I have not been feeling so great these past couple weeks and have been struggling to identify what is causing the issues.

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:25:21 PM

I hope you feel better soon.
I know how it is to feel rotten.
Take care and rest up.

Lat of the supplies needed arrive today. I am aiming to keep the price as low as possible.
Going to be a busy day but I should have this and a couple other projects wrapped up by this afternoon.
I have not been feeling so great these past couple weeks and have been struggling to identify what is causing the issues.

mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:54:59 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 08:12:27 AM by mstrongbow

Just a quick peek while I work on getting things written up for my products...

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:17:48 AM

New products have been posted as well as more pics!

Prices have been updated as well

Hoping have the R-Pi fan lid ready by morning...I am test printing another revision now.
Fortunately, I was supplied with an R-Pi with heat sinks installed by an outstanding member here on the forums which has helped a ton in developing this fan case design...without the heat sinks, my previous revision would not have closed properly on an R-Pi with heat sinks.

*Got LootCrate?*
spiceminer15

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

I have a PI case and a yoda head, they are really cool  Cool
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:02:41 PM

I have a PI case and a yoda head, they are really cool  Cool

Heya bro! My R-Pi cases have really come along ways since that version. Next time you're in Portland area hit me up and I will give ya some more 3d printed swag! I moved across town so I am not at the same place.
How's your mine doing these days?

Thanks for the bump!

I just finished taking pics of the R-Pi A/B "Cool Topper" cases (fan mount). They will work with units using heat sinks too! Also, you can swap the fan position if you need the fan to exhaust instead of intake. I've also added some wire guide/keepers to help with airflow since the fan wires are so long (need new solder gun tips!)

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:24:26 PM

New pics are up on the 1st page! I will post the fan-lid case info asap

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:23:35 AM

bumpity bump!

more products coming soon!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow (OP)

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:55:41 AM

DPS2kBB breakout board cases are ready for orders! Please view the recent progress/updates on the cases here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637595.new;topicseen#new

I will update this thread with pics later. It's late and I am about to crash out for the night.

*Got LootCrate?*
kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:26:12 PM

DPS2kBB breakout board cases are ready for orders! Please view the recent progress/updates on the cases here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637595.new;topicseen#new

I will update this thread with pics later. It's late and I am about to crash out for the night.
Just ordered 16 of these puppies... can't wait to see them in hand.

Ordering was a breeze, extremely responsive, quick to communicate and get going.

Will for sure post pics once everything's up and running.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: