Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is a confirmed and used Exploit resulting in cash profit considered a Hack ?
Yes - 48 (62.3%)
No - 14 (18.2%)
Maybe - 15 (19.5%)
Total Voters: 77

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Cryptsy was Hacked ?  (Read 6691 times)
TheTruthHurtsDoesntIt

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:26:07 AM

Cryptsy lost me at Cent when BitJohn argued constantly that it wasnt broken. Meanwhile he had a huge stash from Shak that he staked and took a colossal shitdump on the market.

BitJohn has done nothing behind the scenes that would make me think he's changed.

Cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:08:09 AM

you can call it what ever you guys want but the poll backs me up clearly.

Well actually IDK about this, but I voted yes because the answer to the poll's question is yes: "Is a confirmed and used Exploit resulting in cash profit considered a Hack ?"

Exactly. The answer to the question posed is clearly yes.
That doesn't seem to have any relevance to what has been claimed in this thread though.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 10:21:29 AM by BitJohn

you can call it what ever you guys want but the poll backs me up clearly.

Well actually IDK about this, but I voted yes because the answer to the poll's question is yes: "Is a confirmed and used Exploit resulting in cash profit considered a Hack ?"

Exactly. The answer to the question posed is clearly yes.
That doesn't seem to have any relevance to what has been claimed in this thread though.

He changed the poll description pretty sure it said something else before and he will change it back after you vote to try and imply something is wrong. Bottom line he was banned from chat and he is mad so he is having a tantrum.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:13:27 AM

Cryptsy lost me at Cent when BitJohn argued constantly that it wasnt broken. Meanwhile he had a huge stash from Shak that he staked and took a colossal shitdump on the market.

BitJohn has done nothing behind the scenes that would make me think he's changed.

Cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Hmmm nothing about this is true actually. I owned one whole CENT ever mined it on my laptop when it initially launched. Nice try though.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:31:33 AM

This thread is pointless. The poll doesn't really relate to the thread at all, as mentioned. OP states he has good credibility but contradicts himself completely by having half of the story based off of a chatbox fantasy, Lol. The fact that you mentioned what an anonymous person kind of implied in a chatbox as Solid Proof is laughable.

Personal experiences- I've seen a few hiccups at Cryptsy but trust them overall. Guaranteed there are people trying to D'DOS and every other form of attack on these exchanges daily. I think they all do a pretty good job for the most part. (Besides that magical card game one...)

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:37:19 PM

ok i am all for discussion guys and for or against thanks for your feedback.

i swear to god i did NOT change the Poll question guys or the topic title
and i am REALLY seriously stunned you guys think i may have or that it's so far off the topic title.

i have never thought that there was a requirement to have the topic title match exactly the Poll question.
so i am sorry about that everyone, had i known you guys were going to make a fuss about that
i would have made the title and poll question match word for word.
Me ? I don't think the way it is now makes much difference and i wanted to make the Poll question more descriptive
at the last minute to make it fair for people to vote as honestly as they can (not being too vague about it)
I was trying to be fair !

the responses you guys have posted about the poll not matching topic stunned me so much just now
i actually had to go and read and see if staff here changed it on me or something because i don't get it..
i don't see why you guys are saying that.
I also would never go and change the Poll or what ever pulling a bait and switch.
Nor would i get away with it either considering there is a mirror / proxy type site that records these topics permanently *even if you change them.

I chose the topic title with out much thought actually.
I was treated like shit and never given and apology and it was all over the term "hack"
and it was based on incidents that is deemed a hack by some or not by others so i don't see how it's misleading.

If i wanted to be an asshole i could have made it self moderated and do who Cryptsy guys love doing
and that is pick a fight with you and argue and then if you don't submit to their will / opinion
they ban you..
I have had almost all of them do that to me on various occasions.
So, what i should have done made this topic self moderated and stated my opinion here and when they argued with me and didn't submit to me
i could then censor them and delete their comments ..doing what they like to do to me and others on the Chat box.
..the 'ole I'm always right because i am a chat box moderator or i'll ban you routine ..classic internet chatbox bullshit LOL

Anyway
These guys tried to do a little clean up and reboot in Nov/December 2013 roughly.
another mod that vanished at that time and when JShock arrived had banned me for because he wasn't in the mood for me" he said once..
and they both had the same cocky prick attitude too.. seems to maybe be the same guy is what i am saying.
plenty of them Mod's/Staff don't like certain people so they act like assholes.. simple as that.
They play games galore and i have 1000000 stories of it and PROOF too.
All of them have been involved with making and launching coins.
They have been caught red handed doing this and lying and covering it up all along
which is worse than making coins and being up front about it all i might add..
In fairness i think they (exchanges) all do it though.
Cryptsy is pretty ballsy though.. they really pull some cocky stunts then just play dumb about it later.
And you will get rolled to fuck and back while mods hide and when mods finally show up they will ban the victim LOL
I guarantee half of all trolling on their chat box is done by their own staff.

Anyway..
I am confident my Poll question matches what i was referring to with that specific Cryptsy points incident.
So i really don't get how you guys are trying to say they are separate different matters / issues.
I also don't think the topic title matters either.. your suppose to click on the topic an dread what is going on..
i would never vote based on just reading the title of a topic and i hope that is not what people were doing here.

If your don't think the Poll was setup properly then please DO NOT VOTE !

@snarlpill
and chat box "fanstasy" ?
then i will post the FULL CHAT LOG Smiley

FUD first & ask questions later™
supercoins

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:59:18 PM

I don't believe it was a hack, It's more like a glitch. A hack would have had more serious consequences and loss of coins for the exchange + users.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:10:38 PM

This is the chat log from Cryptsy's Troll Box the other day.
Where JShock confronted me on chat..
I have the full log saved but i'm trying to edit out unrelated comments to keep this short.

PS: My first comment is my standard greeting i have copied and pasted a million times before all over the web.
      Which is a line i stole from "Catch a Contractor" a new reality show from the comedian Adam Corolla.

Spoetnik
ok everyone settle down..i am the smart one here !

sm00th0perat0r
@Spoetnik: lmao

AngusCanine335
lol

Spoetnik
smoothie you old dog.. whats up man ? (you are a man aren't you ?)

sm00th0perat0r
not much brotha .. yea i am a man. how about yourself?

Spoetnik
@tigerwood747: one "i was hacked" incident and i am out (of any service)

Spoetnik
@sm00th0perat0r: i usually am and i bumped some post at Bitcointalk to show guys there that you literally have the oldest Altcoin forum posts on page 740 lol

tigerwood747
@spoetnik = i don't believe a second their story = may be its another exchanger who paid an employee to do the "hack" and destroy mintpal

JShock
@Spoetnik:

Spoetnik
@tigerwood747: i wondered if they had soem scheme to re-set up a POS stake scheme or something

Spoetnik
@JShock: i didn't do it boss i swear !

sm00th0perat0r
@Spoetnik: wow yea it's been a while since i've been on the talk forum. i'll have to start trolling again sonn though Smiley

JShock
yes you did

JShock
I have a bone to pick with you

Spoetnik
what ? lol

Spoetnik
whats a matter man ? Sad

Spoetnik
i'm surprised

3BlockChainzOnMyNeck
the suspense is killing me

JShock
You made a post on bitcointalk claiming we were robbed for 89k. This is false. We have never been robbed

tigerwood747
@spoetnik i don't think so = they destroyed themselves for 2 million dollars ? they make humdred thousnads dollars profit per day , and destroy it for 2 million ? no way . its an attack from an exchanger = with an employee ( because as you can read = only employees can make transfers with their secret codes

JShock
No one has ever made an unauthorized withdraw of any coins from any wallet owned by cryptsy

Spoetnik
well i see .. what your referring to and i ALWAYS chose my words carefully.. for starters lol

JShock
Users have had thier own computers hacked and coins withdrawn but we have never had a breach of that kind

tigerwood747
lol

Spoetnik
2nd i relayed on Bitcointalk what i was told word for word as i told Bitjohn when he pm'd me the other day

uriah228
@JShock: and if they ever did you would never be stupid enough to have 30% of a coin in a hot wallet. Damn mint you dumb.

JShock
YOur words were that the guy got away with 89k. This is false

Spoetnik
well i know what i said and people are filling in the blanks reading in between the lines.. and it did not occur to me people would take it that way to be honest eh

JShock
You wrote: "the guy who hacked it popped up after a week and i had a little chat with him and turns out he robbed the place for a bit more than 89k usd after cashing out."

Spoetnik
and you guys also did not help matters by never really saying specifically what happened either

JShock
Spreading that kind of fud can bring civil lawsuits

Spoetnik
@JShock: so what would i call it if i exploit cryptsy to get unlimited points then i dump them here so Points go from .004847564 all the way down to 0.0000004

Spoetnik
then i withdraw that BTC and cash it for usd 89k ?

JShock
@Spoetnik: it was internal and it was caught and corrected, nothing left the site

Spoetnik
and Jshock you don't have to be a jerk with law suit threats man.. not surprised though to be honest.. coming from you lol

Spoetnik
@JShock: that IS NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD

JShock
@Spoetnik: you seem to be told alot of things.. all but the truth.. and you seem to love to spread things like this..

Spoetnik
it was internal is vague i just said what happened is that not true ? do you officially deny it ?

Spoetnik
guys love telling me they have 89k grand to spend yeah that is my problem not the guy you had on chat saying it ?

Spoetnik
i as not the one saying man lol

JShock
The fact is, nothing left the site, it was a internal error that enabled somebody to be able to make an unauthorized action intrernally.. but that user never removed any coins

JShock
Please dit and correct your post

Spoetnik
the fact you reversed Points is PROOF something happened most likely an exploit so yeah you were hacked .

Digging
@Spoetnik: actually, by repeating it, you ARE the one saying it

Spoetnik
if you were not hacked you would not have had to reverse anything

Spoetnik
no way around that logic lol

JShock
we werent hacked..

kev3303
that points thing kinda sucked, i was doubling my btc before the reversal Sad

JShock
no more than when somebody is able to make a double buy or sell.. thats not being hacked.. it was an issue in script that allowed the user to do this

Spoetnik
further more i already dealt with it with your boss man

JShock
It was found and corrected

Spoetnik
aka an exploit..

JShock
Bitjohn is not my boss

Spoetnik
a hack duh

bitcoinkerala
@JShock: ARE YOU THE ADMIN ?

JShock
I have one boss in this company

JShock
The CEO himself

Spoetnik
your just mincing words with me but i didn't do anything but relay precisely what i heard to a T

JShock
then you should state it as that.. you made it sound like fact

Spoetnik
ya well the c-foudbner is not your boss now ? lol ....ok what ever

3BlockChainzOnMyNeck
It's getting real in here

JShock
No he is not

uriah228
Sounds like everybody needs some Jesus.

sm00th0perat0r
or a hug

JShock
He actuallyu technically works for me

Spoetnik
i have no to apologize for your random guy on chat does..

3BlockChainzOnMyNeck
and the bomb just dropped

Spoetnik
nothing*

Spoetnik
i can clarify it but your being a complete jerk for no reason i think.. i don't appreciate your cocky and mouthy attitude buddy i don't care who you think you ar eh

Spoetnik
i relayed the truth period .

*** System Message ***
Spoetnik has been banned from chat for 1 day

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:21:41 PM

Here is the original comment i made that got me veiled lawsuit threats, insults and general harassment.

Source:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=692757.msg7826865#msg7826865

Quote from: haploid23 on July 13, 2014, 09:24:16 AM

1) We lost a considerable amount of VeriCoin in the attack, however we have been working with the VRC developers and all major exchanges to hard fork the coin at a position before the attack. This will allow us to retrieve the stolen coins and facilitate all withdrawals. We are also working with various exchanges to accommodate any losses they may encouter as a result of the required fork.

This is a problem right here. Just because it's stolen does not mean they should be able to arbitrarily reverse the hack. If they're successful at hard forking, this will set precedence that any time there is a theft reported, devs can just hard fork again. This will eventually be abused, and corruption happens.

agreed and this reminds me of the BTER / NXT hack other day and the JPC / Allcrypt hack the other month.

on one hand i think we gotta play by the rules.. bear with me on this lol

Ok so we have a lawless market right ?
Then in all fairness it's to the exchanges to run their business how they see fit period.
BUT
I don't like what these guys are doing..
I myself think if they stole the coins then oh well they are stolen and that is the end of it.
Hard forking a coin or other dumb measures is undermining Crypto bit by bit.

a lot of negative precedents are being set more frequently and unless Regulation is put in place and fast i am getting out of this shit scam pit of bullshit scene.

edit:
This shit is getting out of hand..
It also reminds me of Cryptsy getting hacked for Points couple weeks back..
A guy exploited the exchange and dumped Cryptsy "Points" down to about 4 sat's
The exchange rolled it back but guys got fucked over because they sold other coins to buy up cheap points..
so Cryptsy rolled back the changes on points leaving anyone that dumped their coins earlier kinda fucked over.. as i was told by users who did this.
AND the guy who hacked it popped up after a week and i had a little chat with him and turns out he robbed the place for a bit more than 89k usd after cashing out.
He was laughing his ass off asking me directly what he should spend it on.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:26:19 PM

Spoetnik, are you sure its $89K and not $8.9K. I mean Cryptsy Points do have some value, but I doubt that there would be buy orders to the sum of $89K which could be dumped on. That means the buy order book would have to have around 130 BTC worth of buy orders. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem very likely.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

i repeated what i heard and what i heard was plausible..
imagine how many orders were filled if it was at 0.00086621 (like it is now) dumped down to 0.00000004
and there had been activity in it before revolving around when those drawings were happening
before that myself and countless others were actually flipping them it was getting so popular.
and who is watching the full order book at all times ?

you don't think there was some big piles of BTC sitting there waiting scoop up cheap points ?

i don't know what happened who knows.. they have been vague and cryptic about it when it went down.

The point is i relayed what i heard nothing more.. what was i suppose to edit as JShock demanded ?
I am guilty of slander and i may be sued ? ..go for it LOL

Did i deserve to be jumped on mouthed off and given a personal critique about my past behavior and then rudely banned ?
You may not like me around here but i think anyone with half a brain can see i didn't do fuck all and i didn't deserve to be treated this way.

- This was handled very poorly and unprofessionally.
- I was never given an apology instead i have been argued with or trolled by Cryptsy.
- My definition of the word "Hack" is valid at least to some people.

Whether or not the guy had withdrawn Bitcoin then cashed it out for $89 is not the point..
Point was it was plausible *enough (and convincing enough) for me to repeat it, bearing in mind all the circumstances.
And anyone on chat should have seen it all said too..
Nothing the guy said to me was said privately so many people should be able to back me up on this !

They have been playing games *as usual since day one about what happened.
Notice how even after all this discussion they still refuse to admit the hacker had CAUSED the exploit to happen ?
They are bending over backwards to hide this fact to try and argue with me and make themselves look good.
I guarantee the guy triggered the exploit and THAT is what makes it a hack in my books !
Which proves they are not honest.
I would say it was a bug if there was no user intervention..
But the fact remains they rolled back the market and a guy very convincingly stepped forward hinting directly that he got 89k from it (he didn't say how)

I want an apology .

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

imagine how many orders were filled if it was at 0.00086621 (like it is now) dumped down to 0.00000004
and there had been activity in it before revolving around when those drawings were happening
before that myself and countless others were actually flipping them it was getting so popular.
and who is watching the full order book at all times ?

you don't think there was some big piles of BTC sitting there waiting scoop up cheap points ?

i don't know what happened who knows.. they have been vague and cryptic about it when it went down.

The point is i relayed what i heard nothing more.. what was i suppose to edit as JShock demanded ?
I am guilty of slander and i may be sued ? ..go for it LOL

Did i deserve to be jumped on mouthed off and given a personal critique about my past behavior and then rudely banned ?
You may not like me around here but i think anyone with half a brain can see i didn't do fuck all and i didn't deserve to be treated this way.

- This was handled very poorly and unprofessionally.
- I was never given an apology instead i have been argued with or trolled by Cryptsy.
- My definition of the word "Hack" is valid at least to some people.

Whether or not the guy had withdrawn Bitcoin then cashed it out for $89 is not the point..
Point was it was plausible *enough (and convincing enough) for me to repeat it, bearing in mind all the circumstances.
And anyone on chat should have seen it all said too..
Nothing the guy said to me was said privately so many people should be able to back me up on this !

They have been playing games *as usual since day one about what happened.
Notice how even after all this discussion they still refuse to admit the hacker had CAUSED the exploit to happen ?
They are bending over backwards to hide this fact to try and argue with me and make themselves look good.
I guarantee the guy triggered the exploit and THAT is what makes it a hack in my books !
Which proves they are not honest.
I would say it was a bug if there was no user intervention..
But the fact remains they rolled back the market and a guy very convincingly stepped forward hinting directly that he got 89k from it (he didn't say how)

I want an apology .

Yeah it does seem quite fishy. If there was no problem as they say, then why would they worry so much about threads you've created on BitcoinTalk about the matter, the most likely reason is that they are trying to hide something.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:57:14 PM

Yeah it does seem quite fishy. If there was no problem as they say, then why would they worry so much about threads you've created on BitcoinTalk about the matter, the most likely reason is that they are trying to hide something.

Its fishy we reply to folks concerned about issues? I was under the impression folks liked transparency. In this case I provided all the info. Not sure your making any sense.....

Bottom line issues I can speak to I do.

Some stuff we cannot reply to such as certain types of account issues.

Federal law (31 U.S.C. 5318(g)(2)) provides that a financial institution, and its directors, officers,
employees, and agents who, pursuant to any statutory or regulatory authority or on a voluntary
basis, report suspicious transactions to the government, may not notify any person involved in
the transaction that the transaction has been reported. Provided that no person involved in the
suspicious activity is notified

Now just because your had an account issue doesn't mean your in this boat but in the instance of hacking etc it can mean a delay in responding until the situation is assessed. This is also the law in most western nations. So bottom line if I cannot disclose it I cant reply to it.

The other big one I cant comment on would be issues were disclosure may open up possible attack vectors to our networks. We have numerous procedures which keep folks money safe the majority about we do not discuss. But it has kept customers funds safe the past year and a half that we have been open.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

Its fishy we reply to folks concerned about issues? I was under the impression folks liked transparency. In this case I provided all the info. Not sure your making any sense.....

Bottom line issues I can speak to I do.

Some stuff we cannot reply to such as certain types of account issues.

Federal law (31 U.S.C. 5318(g)(2)) provides that a financial institution, and its directors, officers,
employees, and agents who, pursuant to any statutory or regulatory authority or on a voluntary
basis, report suspicious transactions to the government, may not notify any person involved in
the transaction that the transaction has been reported. Provided that no person involved in the
suspicious activity is notified

Now just because your had an account issue doesn't mean your in this boat but in the instance of hacking etc it can mean a delay in responding until the situation is assessed. This is also the law in most western nations. So bottom line if I cannot disclose it I cant reply to it.

The other big one I cant comment on would be issues were disclosure may open up possible attack vectors to our networks. We have numerous procedures which keep folks money safe the majority about we do not discuss. But it has kept customers funds safe the past year and a half that we have been open.

I was all for your posts earlier in this thread BitJohn, but despite the transparency, you have an official rep, JShock who "has a bone to pick" with a Cryptsy user, in this case Spoetnik. I'm just commenting from the outside here as I see it. Any trust that you have built through your posts earlier in this thread has been crushed by what JShock has done.

What you need to understand is that once you become an official rep for any business, your behavior becomes a direct reflection of the business or company that you are representing. No matter what business you are in, if you speak in that way to a customer it reflects badly on the business. 

If Cryptsy has nothing to hide, what is the need for an official rep to get agitated or frustrated with one of their users (Spoetnik) over something that would be posted over false claims? Surely by now you guys would know that talking in that manner to a user is a warrant for further trouble.
CryptsyJim

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:58:50 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 12:17:00 AM by CryptsyJim

Spoetnik, the whole cause of this entire issue originally was because you made a post where because of the way you worded it, you made it appear that Cryptsy had
been robbed for 89k.  You did not state it as " somebody told me"  you said it as though you knew it to be fact.   I approached you in chat asking you to simply correct this
as you can see by your own copy of that chat.  I see you left out the biggest part of that chat which was the reason you were banned.  Its not cool to spread false rumors
and I thought maybe you had just written it the way you did in error, but now I see you posted that just to start mistrust and uneasiness among users and the community in general.

This will be my last post , and just want to end with this:
Just so everyone knows the truth:

The title to your poll, "Is a confirmed and used Exploit resulting in cash profit considered a Hack?" is misleading just like your original post.
You are trying to put into the minds of all that we had a cash loss which is a flat out lie.

The user involved in this did NOT remove any coins from site, he did not "hack" into our system to make gains.
He took advantage of a issue we were having at the moment with the cryptsy points reward system, but this raised immediate flags
and was quickly stopped, reversed and any effected users were compensated nicely.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:37:37 AM

I suggest you guys work on making your exchange functional instead of
sitting around trying to troll and harass your clients..

like how many confirmations for RDD now ? last i heard it was 122,000 or some crazy shit like that from the normal 999 <- WTF ?
shows where your priorities are *as usual.

so i suggest rather than trying to lip me off and argue with me after getting caught looking like complete assholes
go back to bumping your shitty little CLONE coin topics here you guys have a hand in (trying to bury this on on page 3 so you get the last word in too)

Cryptsy your a bunch if cocky assholes and its going to back fire on you i see clearly.
because you NEVER learned the lesson i have warned you about for ages..
and that is your playing with OTHER PEOPLES money !
you have no respect for your customers and you treat clients like shit overall and then get mouthy with them afterwards.
Who the hell do you guys think you are Huh Seriously WTF ?

When you (Cryptsy) froze the WC market 2 months back and Mod's sat on chat with me directly for an hour or two as i kept asking why my coins didn't show up
and is anyone else having that same problem you could have spoke up.. but what did you do BITJOHN ?
What did you do while you sat there talking to me for 2 fucking hours ? YOU AVOIDED me..
until eventually you realized you had to say something publicly.. you couldn't stall any longer.

and guys you know what this fucking guy had the nerve to say to me ?
Oh well uhhh uhhh..
We're investigating a Fork on the coin and froze deposits.. he said
and this was at the height of WC's (White Coin) popularity and myself and countless others were arb'ing them on exchanges..

So what i did was, i came here and i started going to every exchange and i could not find even one word of anything about a fork on the whole internet !
and at that point i had been waiting maybe about 4 hours and he still even after telling me that did not make a Twitter announcement about freezing deposits.
and hey don't ya all think if there is a fork they would freeze the market like they had done every other time on a fork previously ? ? ?
Why leave open the exchange market while freezing deposits ?

So not only did i find his comment VERY FISHY and he would not say another word then Horus jumped in and told me to shut up
and that i was harping on it and the two of them insisted i drop it or i was going to get banned..
And don't you think the customers have the right to know deposits are frozen ? before sending coins and waiting like me ?

I HAVE USERS BACKS !

And i wasn't harping on it either..
Nor was i rude.. angry or anything i spent 99% of my time casually hanging out chatting waiting politely and patiently !!
i had waited while on chat WITH these two mod's sitting there playing dumb and quiet about it the whole time IGNORING anyone that brought it up AFTER me.
when they finally gave me an answer i had pretty well dropped it from that point on.. so they were trying to silence me to cover their *classic Cryptsy shenanigans.

They have done this before LOTS !

and there is even a shit load of topics with various other users bring up this exact scenario..

The classic Cryptsy Exchange Shuffle Dance works like this..
What happens is when a coin is at it's height of popularity or Bitcoin itself rockets up in value
they will silently warn NO ONE and freeze a coin for a day or two or more.. saying nothing on the Chat Box or on their Blog or on their Twitter feed or even on this Forum !
This pattern got so bad,
i started predicting it last year and wad getting my coins out ahead of time over and over avoiding deposit delays and told people on chat it would happen and it did !
i can think of two other guys that came here and made topics about this too.. BitcoinExpress came to the same conclusion independently and made a topic about this issue.
and so did another guy after that randomly..
So i am sure as hell not the only one who has noticed this Market Manipulation bullshit !

so..
after about 12 hours there was still no sign of my coins and i was never given any more info and they did not mention it on chat to users at all.
eventually my coins showed up and the whole fork crap was never mentioned online anywhere ever again and there was no mention of this
on their Twitter feed or else where.. they simply pretended it didn't happen.

STORY #2
They did the same thing to Doge users few month back too while i sat on IRC Freenode / #Cryptsy for over a week
and during that time i had IRC logged.. i seen an average of 1 new user come up every 5 minutes asking where is my coins ?
And i said to them coming in, lemme guess Doge right ? ..and they would say, yup.

During that time i seen one guy who claimed to work for Cryptsy no one heard of say it was fixed the week before and there was NO PROBLEM at all !
And i might add that i told every guy to go to the channel Cryptsy_Support as staff had always advised before and every person told me they got
no response from the mods idling their or on the main channel i was in either (cryptsy staff were idling on there and saying NOTHING for a week straight.. hiding)
then,
this mystery staff guy started mouthing people off and arguing with people and one guy flipped out on the mod / staff guy about it as i watched.
What disturbed me is i had no idea how soooo many people even KNEW to go to Freenode's #Cryptsy channel it was not advertised anywhere
and the volume of complainers that were flowing in non stop for a week+ was incredible !
And did they say anything afterwards ? fuck no.. they swept it under the rug blamed the user ran their mouth arguing and played dumb.

AGAIN !

Their pattern of bullshit in Crypto is fucking Colossal and Legendary and a 1,000 people can step up and say their own bullshit stories about these guys too !
I have not even begun to tell any stories to make them look bad.. if i wanted to ? i could bury these cocky mouthy corrupt deceitful profesionals with stories.
AND THEY KNOW IT TOO !
but i am being nice believe it not LOL

Cryptsy get your shit together and heed my advice and the advice of others..
cut the crap and respect the fact your playing around with other people money !

Cryptsy is STILL run by the same cocky corrupt two-faced manipulative lying assholes.. hard at work manipulating the shit out of this scene.
ya like i wanna "get verified" and deal with USD / Fiat with these fuckers LOL ..ya right hahhaha

Crypty staff go back to making coins and playing dumb about it idiots.
And yeah, you KNOW damn well i have shit loads of proof tying you to prob half a dozen different coins too !

So didn't even try to deny it.. i can bury your ass's with valid real world tangible proof to support it in a fucking heart beat !
One of your buddies kind of screwed you by admitting on the forum here before and by doing that implicated you guys.
You sat there and lied about TIX on chat etc and when iGotSpots admitted details about it later, it exposed you guys as well as leaked info i was sent
implicating pretty much every staff member.. they ALL sat back and helped make the coin and then played dumb about it.

I got the backs of exchange-USERS .

I couldn't care less what cocky, greedy, deceitful exchange idiots think..
you guys Should be on your best behavior if not then deal with the consequences.

Want more ? I have soooooo many other interesting little stories i could mention i barely grazed the surface.

You guys really have some nerve..
iGotSpots syndrome i think.. you guys pull soooooo much manipulative deceitful shit then play dumb about just like that mouthy wacko coin cloner.
I have even wondered at times if iGotSpots was a Cryptsy staff member in disguise LOL
Ironically both iGotSpots and JShock has threatened me with defamation before.. do it up.. YOU would be leaving with charges in court not me LOL

keep it up clowns..

If we had crypto-regulation you ALL would be doin hard time for all kinds of shit i bet !

murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:01:39 PM

And which you have been told was false.
And which you are still repeating, even though you've been told it was false.
Then you acted like a jerk, and got banned. So what?

Very convincingly?
You've no idea who he is. He makes a references to having got away with $89k. You believe him.
In what was was he very convincing?

Cryptsy is STILL run by the same cocky corrupt two-faced manipulative lying assholes.. hard at work manipulating the shit out of this scene.
ya like i wanna "get verified" and deal with USD / Fiat with these fuckers LOL ..ya right hahhaha

Crypty staff go back to making coins and playing dumb about it idiots.
And yeah, you KNOW damn well i have shit loads of proof tying you to prob half a dozen different coins too !

So didn't even try to deny it.. i can bury your ass's with valid real world tangible proof to support it in a fucking heart beat !
One of your buddies kind of screwed you by admitting on the forum here before and by doing that implicated you guys.
You sat there and lied about TIX on chat etc and when iGotSpots admitted details about it later, it exposed you guys as well as leaked info i was sent
implicating pretty much every staff member.. they ALL sat back and helped make the coin and then played dumb about it.

You talk like this, then seem surprised when you get banned?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
TheTruthHurtsDoesntIt

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:10:18 AM

Cryptsy Listed KEY.

Last bit of integrity lost right there.

Holy shit you guys list some obvious scam and paid coins.

Shame, Shame, Shame.

http://www.theoptimisticdivorcees.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/shame-on-you.jpeg

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

ya and old timers will know what i mean if i say "ORB"

at the time it was the most scammy coin ever made and had caused the most intense backlash after they added it long ago..

ORBITCOIN:

What happened was it was an obvious clone coin / cash grab and the devs premined it so bad people were laughing and making fun of it.
almost no one bothered to get in on it because it was a 100% pos scam cone coin..
but that sure as hell didn't stop BitJohn from adding it ASAP right after the coins release (mid-last year)

i was NOT on their chat box when it went down but supposedly everyone unanimously flipped out (i was told the following day by guys)
and raged on Cryptsy for adding it so damn bad they pulled it within an hour roughly and never added it again !

Until the Nov 2013 rush of new guys showed up in Crypto..

Then they snuck it in Mid-December 2013 with no announcement.
I heard some rumors about what happened to the premine.. i have been told by more than once that the premine was given up to Cryptsy (BJ)

and that reminds me of a chronic and nasty issue these guys have done all along and that is..
they re-added ORB with no announcement of any kind and they do that a lot !
I had mentioned that a lot last year to them and they would try and ignore me usually, but one time i got a response from BitJohn (as Prime loitered with snotty remarks)
when BitJohn got really snotty with me about it and said fine ill add it.. there.. are you happy now ? etc etc
like hey quit whining basically.. pretty fucking rude and i will never forget that either.
The fact is it's simply common sense to make an announcement if your adding a new coin. (or whatever)
and i had told them i have seen new coins added *days after even though i hang out on their chat constantly (last year) with no warning in any way..

So think about it ? why would they avoid making any announcement ? about new coins or paused markets etc ? ..Market manipulation plain and simple.

Anyway i have a few doozie's i could mention soon Smiley
There is one stunt that is colossally stupid of them.. i have sooooooo much concrete proof on it i am chomping at the bit to post it LOL

But as people can see guys i have always tried long and hard to give these pricks another chance(s) and get their act together.. but they don't learn.
and keep pulling stunts..

you know it blows me away when so much dirt is out there floating around on them that they have the fucking balls to get in my face and run their mouth.

like wow i am stunned !

Dick's.. i HAVE credibility..... you DON'T .

use your brain..

PS:
Did i miss my apology posted here ?

croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:14:27 AM

Spoetnik +1

Bottom line is Cryptsy was not lost any money but users have lost money on points roll back. (i was there and i have lost small amount too.)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: