Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:25:17 AM

http://www.iodigital.io/membership/

Who ever thought of this........  bad move....

https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/795273092016865280

"Said it before and I'll say it again: $IOC is being run by a highly unethical person trying a desperate money grab.  $200k yearly fee. Right " WhalePanda on Twitter.

Why did you guys decide to come up with this idea? I think it was way too early to be even thinking about something like this.
The coin has very little exposure/following and you think people will pay to be a board member.

Also have someone look at that write up.

You can be "on" a board,  not "in" it.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:44:18 PM

Yeah, shame on you guys for thinking ahead!  (Keep it up)
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:03:22 PM

I was trying to understand the reasoning behind it.   It  seems a little too forward thinking to be talking about foundations, board members and such at this stage, but as i have no idea what is going on with IOC, then i presume it has something to do with the future business structure of the coin.

i know some of the sacrifices being made here, so fully agree with your comment, that person knows sod all and is talking trash.

What purpose is this membership for?  I have never seen it in crypto before, just curious, plain and simple  Smiley

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:14:22 PM

No reason not to be thinking big.  Too many start like a Jack-rabbit and then hit the wall.  Other's start with grand plans and fall short.  If you are going to think like a King, plan like one!  They may make it or not, but not for lack of vision or effort it would seem.

dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:41:42 AM

I was trying to understand the reasoning behind it.   It  seems a little too forward thinking to be talking about foundations, board members and such at this stage, but as i have no idea what is going on with IOC, then i presume it has something to do with the future business structure of the coin.

i know some of the sacrifices being made here, so fully agree with your comment, that person knows sod all and is talking trash.

What purpose is this membership for?  I have never seen it in crypto before, just curious, plain and simple  Smiley

Hi, long time to see you!
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 05:50:09 AM

Hey Smiley

I just seen something (in the previous posts) i did not know existed, just wondering why. 
But as usual IOC, being silent, so will just have to guess , when other people ask me about it.

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 11:41:16 AM

I'm perfectly happy with them getting everything up and running and in a manner that they are happy with before the world knows about the project.  Should work better that way.

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:33:31 PM

UPDATE

Now we are getting somewhere.

We are Beta testing the decentralized chat invite from wallet to wallet and actually chat (encrypted) with somebody though the Blockchain. Wallet 2 Wallet - > It all worked great. This is LIVE on our testnet. DIONS works! See screens.

With this feature you can send messages to another IOC holder through the Blockchain. These messages can be encrypted as well so they are not visible for the general public in the Blockchain.

With this feature we could possibly create a "decentralized Twitter".
We can then send tweets to the Blockchain, reply to them and get them out of the Blockchain to view on a public website.
Difference with Twitter is that there is no central authority that can intervene / get it offline or delete messages that are stored.

We are finishing up some cosmetic stuff in the wallet.
At the same time we are adding some more interaction logic to keep the functionality easy as possible.

Chat invite

Actual sending messages to eachother

Have a nice day!

Team I/O Digital
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:46:03 PM

Outstanding.  Careful though, Microsoft will buy you out!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:53:40 PM

Question:  Is there the possibility down the road that the message feature will allow auto-responses?  I want to buy a widget from you, so I send a payment IOC along with a purchase order form (assuming you can make a form and send it), and then the wallet upon receipt of payment, auto sends a reply? 

Just trying to envision how this will be used practically.  I like where this is going to not only make and track payments, but to also be a way to move info around without worrying about a server somewhere.

Either way, will definitely be playing with this when you get it out there.  Thank you.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 01:15:55 PM

Question:  Is there the possibility down the road that the message feature will allow auto-responses?  I want to buy a widget from you, so I send a payment IOC along with a purchase order form (assuming you can make a form and send it), and then the wallet upon receipt of payment, auto sends a reply? 

Just trying to envision how this will be used practically.  I like where this is going to not only make and track payments, but to also be a way to move info around without worrying about a server somewhere.

Either way, will definitely be playing with this when you get it out there.  Thank you.

That should be possible but a little different then explained / thought.
We will have an open API. If you write a program and have a wallet running of IOC, you can have that program check the local wallet if a payment came in. You can then see who that payment was from and let your program connect to the API and send a message to the payee.
You only have to pay a little IOC fee to send the message. This payment is redistributed amongst the stakers.

Would this work for you?

Richard
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

That should be possible but a little different then explained / thought.
We will have an open API. If you write a program and have a wallet running of IOC, you can have that program check the local wallet if a payment came in. You can then see who that payment was from and let your program connect to the API and send a message to the payee.
You only have to pay a little IOC fee to send the message. This payment is redistributed amongst the stakers.

Would this work for you?

Richard

Yes.  Could see using this for business very well.  Cannot wait to work with IOC to see what we can make it do.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:57:38 PM

How do you see revenue coming into the coin?  

Businesses that want to use the block-chain buying into the coin to pay for transactions, or ppl that want to use businesses with the block chain buying into the coin to get goods and services?  Or, both?

I know buying the alias' will be one stream.  Do you guys envision much more than that?

Just curious.  I would think enough businesses buying their alias' would stream revenue into the coin, but the ppl that want to conduct transactions would also need at least a small amount for the back and forth, correct?

I am wondering, because of all these coins that are going to a node system within the coin system, would IOC eventually use the open business wallets as nodes to run the network?  

If the wallet uses an open API to allow programs to interface, could ppl have transactions that are controlled by the business side software and still utilize the coin?  

I am kinda envisioning businesses having to provide a wallet for clients and maybe even providing the transaction fee from their side just so the technology can be used even from ppl on the outside looking in. (which is what we should all want to draw ppl into coins)

Will wait for this all to be launched and see how it works.  Right now, just thinking out loud about what can be done with it. This, to me, is by far the most interesting of the coins out there right now, not just because of the coin and the wallet, but because you guys are consistent and structured, which most are not.

Optimistically watching and waiting!

Edit:  Maybe an option to pay return transaction fee from the business side?  (Again, have to see how this works when you get it out there, I may be way off in guessing here, have not had time to pay full attention to coins for a while)

JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:18:50 AM

How do you see revenue coming into the coin?  

Businesses that want to use the block-chain buying into the coin to pay for transactions, or ppl that want to use businesses with the block chain buying into the coin to get goods and services?  Or, both?

I know buying the alias' will be one stream.  Do you guys envision much more than that?

Just curious.  I would think enough businesses buying their alias' would stream revenue into the coin, but the ppl that want to conduct transactions would also need at least a small amount for the back and forth, correct?

I am wondering, because of all these coins that are going to a node system within the coin system, would IOC eventually use the open business wallets as nodes to run the network?  

If the wallet uses an open API to allow programs to interface, could ppl have transactions that are controlled by the business side software and still utilize the coin?  

I am kinda envisioning businesses having to provide a wallet for clients and maybe even providing the transaction fee from their side just so the technology can be used even from ppl on the outside looking in. (which is what we should all want to draw ppl into coins)

Will wait for this all to be launched and see how it works.  Right now, just thinking out loud about what can be done with it. This, to me, is by far the most interesting of the coins out there right now, not just because of the coin and the wallet, but because you guys are consistent and structured, which most are not.

Optimistically watching and waiting!

Edit:  Maybe an option to pay return transaction fee from the business side?  (Again, have to see how this works when you get it out there, I may be way off in guessing here, have not had time to pay full attention to coins for a while)

"Be sure to join our free Slack chat so you have the latest updates first! Go to http://www.iodigital.io/slack  - See you there! #iocoin"

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:14:55 AM

Q:  With DioNS  this can be used like how slack chat is used today?

I would not compare it to twitter, as twitter is just a place for people to talk random stuff.

But Slack chat tends to be a place for Businesses, to talk about Business related activities.

So, can you  guys see $IOC DioNS, being used in a similar way Slack Chat is used today, for workers within a business / company being able to communicate easily with each other. 

May be to talk about top secret developments. Or share other information that must be highly guarded.   
Also maybe in the future, the business/company will open the wallet to check on their blockchain and services and then use this communication to do checks on the network

So if this is the case, i would be "selling" DioNS as more of a Slack chat, than Twitter.  Smiley

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:38:18 AM

Q:  With DioNS  this can be used like how slack chat is used today?

I would not compare it to twitter, as twitter is just a place for people to talk random stuff.

But Slack chat tends to be a place for Businesses, to talk about Business related activities.

So, can you  guys see $IOC DioNS, being used in a similar way Slack Chat is used today, for workers within a business / company being able to communicate easily with each other. 

May be to talk about top secret developments. Or share other information that must be highly guarded.   
Also maybe in the future, the business/company will open the wallet to check on their blockchain and services and then use this communication to do checks on the network

So if this is the case, i would be "selling" DioNS as more of a Slack chat, than Twitter.  Smiley

With Twitter i was just illustrating what could be done. Any service that require are database can be used with blockchain. Just Store (private or open) the data of your service in that chain and get it out again if you need it

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:51:48 PM

Hi,

We have added a new development update on our website:

http://www.iodigital.io/news/blockchain-messaging-history/

Cheers,

I/O Digital team
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:53:30 PM

If you use a side-chain through IOC, how would another chain be maintained?  If the block-chain integrity is dependent upon the chain constantly being updated through either mining or staking, each chain would have to have a mechanism to build the chain constantly, would it not?  Would a chain that was created to store data for a company that only used a few nodes not be any different than a server?  (not criticizing, just wanting to learn)

Would IOC perform that function through the constant transactions on the main chain?

If that is the case, then the buy-in mechanism is the need to purchase an alias and have a wallet operating, correct?

Just asking because in all these coins, there is the constant push and pull of liquidity and scarcity that drives the prices.  Most coins do not end up with a constant driver for money to come into the coin. 

It would seem that you guys are approaching that balance with a real application for the coin.  I am just unsure of how that plays out in the long run, especially if the idea takes off.  Having a little trouble seeing 16 million people buying into the coin, so I do not think you will get to a Bitcoin type price as a buy-in for the service, although that would be great.

Is the idea behind the foundation to have a governing body to make decisions like price point, if this coin does take off like that?  This way a consensus is reached for altering price instead of one or two people controlling it?

I know you are busy, won't be disappointed if this does not get answered.  Just thinking out loud with the intent to learn something new.

Thanks for your hard work and vision, best of luck.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:57:44 AM

If you use a side-chain through IOC, how would another chain be maintained?  If the block-chain integrity is dependent upon the chain constantly being updated through either mining or staking, each chain would have to have a mechanism to build the chain constantly, would it not?  Would a chain that was created to store data for a company that only used a few nodes not be any different than a server?  (not criticizing, just wanting to learn)

Would IOC perform that function through the constant transactions on the main chain?

If that is the case, then the buy-in mechanism is the need to purchase an alias and have a wallet operating, correct?

Just asking because in all these coins, there is the constant push and pull of liquidity and scarcity that drives the prices.  Most coins do not end up with a constant driver for money to come into the coin. 

It would seem that you guys are approaching that balance with a real application for the coin.  I am just unsure of how that plays out in the long run, especially if the idea takes off.  Having a little trouble seeing 16 million people buying into the coin, so I do not think you will get to a Bitcoin type price as a buy-in for the service, although that would be great.

Is the idea behind the foundation to have a governing body to make decisions like price point, if this coin does take off like that?  This way a consensus is reached for altering price instead of one or two people controlling it?

I know you are busy, won't be disappointed if this does not get answered.  Just thinking out loud with the intent to learn something new.

Thanks for your hard work and vision, best of luck.

Hi,

Any other chain should be maintained by the 'owner' of that chain. We think that there will be chains all over the world with a specific cause. Like a coca-cola chain for administration purposes for the logistic process for example. If they need to interoperate with the BTC chain, they can use Chameleon. To use Chameleon they would need to pay a small fee in IOC. So they need to buy IOC in order to pay for the service. Coca-cola will need to keep their chain up in a way they want. Maybe by miners all over the world, or they want it rather closed with nodes that they control.

Next to that if businesses that dont have their own chain but want to use messaging, alias and small data storage in our main chain, they need to have IOC to pay for the fees. All fees collected will be redistributed amongst the stakers in the network. Not the team!! Everything flows back to the holders.

How it plays out in the long run? I wish i knew. ;-)

Because the software of Chameleon and the IOC chain will be acting like a "middle man" in the future, we need to make sure companies (like that coca-cola example) trust us. They want to build their services on top of our technology. If we would be a commercial company then a large bank could buy our technology. With that in mind businesses don't like to participate. We are a foundation just because we want to have the trust of those companies. With a foundation there is no external party that can buy us out or buy the technology. They can collaborate with us.
The foundation board is represented with the founders and financers of the I/O Digital project to ensure our thoughts are represented when new people come in as a member for example.

I hope this explains a bit why we have set this up.

Richard
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

So, short term, you are a gateway to the technology.  Long term, hopefully setting up companies/people in the business.

The future seems like it would be somewhere between a backbone for block-chain uses and experts in the business of setting up block-chains for others.

Either way, the potential interest in buying into IOC would seem to be there.

Always trying to decide how people will value coins.  It appears that it always comes down to either a practical use of the coin or the coin as a measure of value in the team behind it.  You probably have tapped into a little of both.  Cannot wait to see value into a coin for a solid legit reason instead of pure speculation!

Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: