Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
racer2012

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:20:13 AM

Hi I just invested some btc into ioc
What ioc is expecting in 2015??
And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:46:56 AM

And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Go and join http://www.iocoinhub.io/
Think there will be an updated roadmap any day soon.

Change...is in the air.
You know why
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:37:06 PM

And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Hello racer, we are currently developing DIONS. Dions is a decentralized input output Name Server. It's the beginning of our incursion into data on the blockchain. As a first feature you will be able to register a unique decentralized username, you will be able to send to and receive iocoin with it, their will be no need to used a hex address anymore. We have also just confirmed the ability to transfer this usernames/aliases that will be attached to a hex address. We are currently working on a road map for the year. Please stay tuned for more info as we always update weekly on saturdays.  Welcome to the community glad to have you on board...
racer2012

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:58:45 PM

And any updated roadmap.

Feel  good to be part of this coin

Hello racer, we are currently developing DIONS. Dions is a decentralized input output Name Server. It's the beginning of our incursion into data on the blockchain. As a first feature you will be able to register a unique decentralized username, you will be able to send to and receive iocoin with it, their will be no need to used a hex address anymore. We have also just confirmed the ability to transfer this usernames/aliases that will be attached to a hex address. We are currently working on a road map for the year. Please stay tuned for more info as we always update weekly on saturdays.  Welcome to the community glad to have you on board...
Awesome feel great to be part of this coin
Looking forward to invest more once roadmap release
Thanks
peterprime

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:22:57 PM

Just looking at the block explorer thing, the staking has gone down a lot, has me worried, only 18% now.  Is everything ok with the staking ? There is not a problem with coins staking is there? Just wondering why it had dropped so much.
LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

Just looking at the block explorer thing, the staking has gone down a lot, has me worried, only 18% now.  Is everything ok with the staking ? There is not a problem with coins staking is there? Just wondering why it had dropped so much.

there is no problem with my wallets. They are both staking fine. Its currently sitting at 25% and I am guessing that it will keep rising over the weekend.

peterprime

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.
LondonMP

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:22:57 PM

25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.

I would stay calm and hold on to my coins if I were you Smiley. Only few weeks ago you were saying you are lucky enough to buy in the 2k region, you will consider yourself luckier in few weeks if you pick some under 2k Smiley

Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:23:53 PM

25% is really low.  Looking through this thread this coin has been at 50% before, i have seen it as low as 14%.   Worrying times ahead, i think this coin is in serious trouble of going back below 1k sats, which will spell the end of this coin.

stop talking shit pls, reading last page of this thread doesnt looks like this coin is to its end does it?

so you say a coind is comming to its end because 'only' 25% of the total coins are staking?many people never stake their coins at all, just let them sit in their wallet at trexx waiting for the moment, dont you get it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
peterprime

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:40:43 PM

Fair enough. But this coin was at 50%'ish staking, what happened to those people?   Are you saying around 30% moved coins from staking wallets to bittrex ? It is a good coin, clear to see...
LondonMP

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 09:00:19 PM by LondonMP

Check out the distribution https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/#!wallets (including the bittrex wallet) and its been roughly the same for weeks. If you look at some of the largest wallets, they haven't updated for days which explains the drop in the network weight Smiley

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:11:44 AM

Hi Guys,

Staking is good for network security, stability and speed. Not staking does not mean people are sending it to exchanges or the coin dies.
There are even exchanges staking the wallets they have.

Not all people are staking all the time. Like me. I was away for a few days and had to turn my staking pc off.
It's holiday time too, so that could be one of the reasons people shut down their staking wallet. Not to worry though.
IOC is still one of the best staking coins there is. Most coins are around 20-30%. We even hit 50%.
So with 30-40% we are doing absolutely fine with sometimes some staking dips. Again, no worries.

Yes, the price is low at the moment. People are waiting for the first release of DIONS. If you want to know what comes next, please check the post in iocoinhub.io explaining what DIONS is (in simple words) and what can be built on top of it. It opens a whole new crypto world.
With the price being this low, it gives new people to enter at a good price. Thats how i look at it.
When the price will rise nobody knows, but we all know that the larger wallets are gathering more coins instead of selling, the distribution is still great and when buy pressure comes it just takes a few BTC to double it.

The team is very excited about the developments and after DIONS is released, we will focus on our marketing for a while. Write articles, contact important news agencies, set up a roadmap for future developments etc. Again, DIONS opens up doors. Not only for our own developments, but also developments of external parties that want to use our lightning fast blockchain.

If you look at all the news articles the last few weeks on the different sites, you see that the corporate interest in "bitcoin" is shifting to more like "blockchain" developments. Companies are starting to see the benefit of using a decentralized network and want to utilize that for their services. In order to be able to create their services on top of a blockchain, this blockchain needs to be able to be ready to accept extra data in it. And Bitcoin blockchain cannot be utilized for that need. IOC for example CAN when DIONS is done.

98% of all coins in the market are now focussing on making the wallet more and more functional or have the focus of market adoption somehow. They put a lot (really a lot) of effort in these developments. They forget to focus on what actually makes the 'coin' strong and unique. They forget what the pure philosophy was with creating Bitcoin. The decentralized blockchain. We already have a rock solid HTML5 wallet, a Android wallet, a good corporate website, a community website and much much more. We as a team DO have the focus on blockchain developments to create a blockchain that enables data on the chain.

We hire professional developers. Not just some kids playing around with code. Real world highly skilled developers that are top notch in their field of experience. Its all privately funded by the IOC team without any ICO nor pre-sale. Thats how much we believe in IOC.

This is not just a coin, this is development of the blockchain done in a corporate way. That takes time. We don't over-promise, we deliver tested, secure and super cool tech. Time is something relative, but important in the crypto world. People expect you to deliver something everyday. With these kind of developments that is just not possible. We deliver when its ready and fully functional. Corporates and large blockchain investors are looking at what we do. Thats all i can say.

So please focus on spreading the word about our blockchain and developments. If you are able to help in any way you can, please do so.
Your help is always welcome. If you have any good ideas, let us know in DM, Slack or iocoinhub.io

Thanks for your patience and being part of the I/OCoin community,

Regards
Richard
peterprime

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:42:14 AM

"Corporates and large blockchain investors are looking at what we do"   Really?

Very good explanations, thanks i am quite new to crypto, so my questions and concerns wanted answers, as i did not know what to think. Thanks for clearing that up, really good explanations.  The staking thing is a bit of a pain, in the fact it can not be automated. I am sure many people have good intentions to stake, but simply forget. So, is is not possible to 'auto-run' wallets on start up. You know, like how google/firefox remembers passwords for sites and autolog you in. So when people run their computer the wallet runs and starts staking, now that would be a first in crypto.  
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:58:52 AM

"Corporates and large blockchain investors are looking at what we do"   Really?

Very good explanations, thanks i am quite new to crypto, so my questions and concerns wanted answers, as i did not know what to think. Thanks for clearing that up, really good explanations.  The staking thing is a bit of a pain, in the fact it can not be automated. I am sure many people have good intentions to stake, but simply forget. So, is is not possible to 'auto-run' wallets on start up. You know, like how google/firefox remembers passwords for sites and autolog you in. So when people run their computer the wallet runs and starts staking, now that would be a first in crypto.  

Hi, you can auto-start your QT wallet. You can't auto-stake. That requires you to store your password on the pc. That is something you don't want for security reasons i guess.

Yes, we have the interest of blockchain investors and blockchain tech lovers. That does not say they are adopting our chain for their purposes though.
Just mentioning that what we are doing here has the attention it deserves from the people that know what needs to be done. It only does not show in the current price, but that will come someday.
That is not something we worry too much about. We are not
We don't abandon anything and certainly not let the current price keep us down in progress. It's a lifetime project for us. Thats why we are still here.
The rest is up to the community and adopters ;-)

Regards
Richard
mctaino

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:15:03 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 02:43:40 AM by mctaino

Hey Guys, I just came through the thread hope everyone is well. I was just checking our staking we are at around 43%. Staking will fluctuate as many of our holders live in different time zones and could possibly have their wallets not staking. As cryptocoinnl said, it is very important for the security of our network for coins to be staking, but is ok if it goes lower to 20% even at 10% is ok. It will always fluctuate but thank you for pointing it out to us. Also explorer may be lagging or not on point sometimes.

wao autorun stake, cool Idea. The only slight drawback is that when you stake your coins, they can't be spent for a period of time. So say you open up your wallet and want to send coins they would go to automatic stake and would be unspendable, unless we pre-determine an amount to automatic stake like in settings. We will look into your idea, thanks for sharing

Tomorrow I will be back with our weekly update, hope everyone is well.  

Thank you to everyone following our development

Joel
I/O Coin Project Manager
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:40:50 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 07:46:28 AM by cryptocoinnl

WEEKLY Update on I/O Coin developments

Hi All,

We firstly want to thank all our IOC backers for their trust and neverending positive posts and DM's.
Thank you! The team is a hard working team, and always loves your enthousiasm. Thats what makes this project even nicer for us to work on.

Let me be clear on what DIONS is for new people in here. You can read our whitepaper on www.iocoin.io, but a simple and short explanation is this;

== what is DIONS? why do we focus on that ==

A lot of coins are struggling and try figuring out how to get the so called "market adoption" for their coin. First of all they spend a lot of development time and money on the wallet (that even becomes more like a trading app instead of a simple usable wallet) and they could even try to focus on a specific target audience that may accept this coin.

Even Bitcoin cannot succeed in that right now and is having a hard time, so why will other alternatives succeed? Thats really difficult if you only focus on your coin's wallet, website and some more add-ons. I/OCoin's approach is a bit different because we focus to develop a blockchain that can have data IN it. You can call it "decentralized data". We think that is far more interesting for future purposes. Ahead of time.
Bitcoin is 'just' a currency residing in and using a blockchain. Bitcoin is not the most important thing here. That is the underlying blockchain.

You probably have read it in all the news websites lately that companies are searching for possibilities to enable their existing business or creating new services using a blockchain. The blockchain of BTC is not ready for that. Smart contracts, decentralized voting, decentralized patent registrations and all that kind of decentralized services are the future.

Market adoption is ultimately important for a coin / chain, but external services using the blockchain are far more interesting for now.
These blockchain add-on services will help "adoption" eventually because people will use these services (they probably wont even know that a blockchain is the aorta there). I/OCoin has that kind of blockchain when DIONS is launched.

DIONS - Decentralized IO Name Server. Sending coins to a username that resides into the blockchain. This DIONS is part of a larger IOC program called "DIO" - "Decentralized Input Output". DIONS is the first project under this flag. DIONS was needed as a first project to enable data on the blockchain. All other projects will have the DIO name as well. This is what makes our blockchain valuable. This is why we want this to be absolutely perfect. The corporate and professional way.

== development update ==

We have started DIONS development a few months back and closing in on the first public release.
The last few weeks we started to test DIONS in closed BETA. Last week we had successful tests in our testnet.
All functionality that we want worked absolutely fine. We are adding some more checks and speeding up the chain.

Coming week we are going to start with RC1 (release candidate 1) and let external parties test and review the code.
So, all development for DIONS are coming to a wonderful launch soon.

Last but not least we are preparing a PR campaign as well surrounding the launch of DIONS. We would like the crypto world to know what DIONS is and how important this for the future can be. Besides that we are also talking to one of the best alt exchanges there is to add us there. That looks good as well and will probably be launched together with DIONS as well.

Regards,

Team of I/OCoin
LondonMP

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:48:17 PM

Thank you Richard for a great update, talking about being added on another exchange, I have had this persistent feeling that we will get added on btc-e soon Smiley

mctaino

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:53:50 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 08:11:14 PM by mctaino

On behalf of the entire Dev team we wanted to thank Richard for his hard work, Good job posting our dev update. Big Hug

DIONS White Paper

Joel

I/O Coin Project Manager
peterprime

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:21:14 PM

No one hardly gets added to BTC-e. If they added i/ocoin that would mean it has hit the big time. I doubt it is BTC-e.  Maybe Kraken or poloniex.  But they are not the 'best' exchanges.  BTC-e wold be a major bomb shell.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:49:01 AM

Guys,

Its says: "Besides that we are also talking to one of the best alt exchanges there is to add us there."
It says "one of the best". Not saying "the best".

Its not going to be btc-e.

Have a nice easter weekend!

Richard
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: