Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719034 times)
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 04:06:08 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 04:23:56 PM by IO Dev Team

What else can we say, we are working. New Wallet, New unvisited territory.
The New  I/O Coin HTML5 Wallet powered by the I/O Digital Blockchain with DIONS.
Testnet Time coming Soon, We continue to work and perfect our chain. Next Week a new Development Update for now enjoy today's wallet teaser...

Took me a Long Time, but finally got through all the IO Developer TEams posts.  THings Look promosing and it is clear to see they are in for the long HAul.

I have a questION about the New Wallet.

IF it is not a Web Wallet  (took me a LIttle time to Figure out what a web waLLEt is)

How come it has a web page (bittrex) within the wallet?   How can a wallet show a website if it is not a browser?
Is it poSSible to Display a website site, without actually using a browser? Maybe though the API keys or SOMething like how Trading BOts operate??

How come it has a web page (bittrex) within the wallet?  

The wallet has an embedded browser.

Is it poSSible to Display a website site, without actually using a browser? Maybe though the API keys or SOMething like how Trading BOts operate??

No, it's not possible. We do use Chromium which is embedded in the wallet, the external webpages are run in a separate process that is sandboxed from the rest of the wallet so there's no chance of a security violation.

To reiterate, the wallet has been developed from the ground up, it is not running on top of the bitcoin core Qt, it's also not an HD wallet. The  .dat is needed to access your coins. Users will have to download the blockchain and will have the ability to import their .dat. A bootstrap will be available for faster initial sync. The wallet will also include a debug console for more advance users and to have access to the Private keys, GetInfo,  etc. This will be the first V.1 version to release with DIONS. More updates will come along the way as we move into Chameleon.

Thanks

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:37:58 PM

Took a look at the new wallet with Joel last night. It is looking sick in it's current state! Debug/CLI console was one of my favorite things to see. It's interesting to see some features that came from a completely different wallet coded into this from the ground up. Beside the eye candy which it clearly isn't lacking, movement throughout the wallet was smooth with no freezes. The placement of different features were very intuitive. Good hover-over information where you would expect and want it. What we were going through wasn't even the finished wallet. Very pleased with the obvious work that has been put into this thing and amazed that it's still getting better before full testing starts.

Sam
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:05:13 AM

Just SHown this wallet to Simon Pegg, i got THis reply

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
SamInTampa

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:06:08 PM

Just SHown this wallet to Simon Pegg, i got THis reply

https://i.imgur.com/oFf8fnT.gif]https://i.imgur.com/oFf8fnT.gif

Always with the multiple accounts to stir the pot, huh Simon? Guess I have another one to ignore...

Sam
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:18:26 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 03:32:59 PM by MrWhiteBites

ANyone here WOndering how Identities on a BLockchain will work (and kinda look like)

Check out this Blog Post from Open Bazaar, they are doing the same for their selling platform for reputation and feedback, explains things NIcely, Just like HOw IOC is GOing about things.

Certainly CLeared up a FEw questions i Had here about IDentities on the BLockchain.

https://blog.openbazaar.org/decentralized-reputation-in-openbazaar/

Maybe the I/O Coin team COuld work with Open Bazaar in relation to Identity on THe BLockchain?

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
SamInTampa

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:27:49 PM

ANyone here WOndering how Identities on a BLockchain will work (and kinda look like)

Check out this Blog Post from Open Bazaar, they are doing the same for their selling platform for reputation and feedback, explains things NIcely, Just like HOw IOC is GOing about things.

Certainly CLeared up a FEw questions i Had here about IDentities on the BLockchain.

Maybe the I/O Coin team COuld work with Open Bazaar in relation to Identity on THe BLockchain?

Thank you so much for your input! Before your post about OpenBazaar, I was unaware that rating people/companies exchanging funds for goods would be a good idea. I’m going to pass this on to eBay, Amazon, LocalBitCoins, etc. Wouldn’t want them to miss this groundbreaking idea. This idea of escrow is new to me as well, it sounds brilliant. Won’t be long before others start taking these original ideas you’re talking about and using them on their sites. Wouldn’t want anyone to have to re-invent the wheel, I’ll make sure to point them to your post. You are truly doing a service to them by posting this blog link here. It will open so many eyes.

Deepest Thanks,

Sam
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:51:21 PM

Thank you so much for your input! Before your post about OpenBazaar, I was unaware that rating people/companies exchanging funds for goods would be a good idea. I’m going to pass this on to eBay, Amazon, LocalBitCoins, etc. Wouldn’t want them to miss this groundbreaking idea. This idea of escrow is new to me as well, it sounds brilliant. Won’t be long before others start taking these original ideas you’re talking about and using them on their sites. Wouldn’t want anyone to have to re-invent the wheel, I’ll make sure to point them to your post. You are truly doing a service to them by posting this blog link here. It will open so many eyes.

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

SAM read my post above. I am not talking about anything you mention.

The blog post from Open Bazaar is talking about how they will use identities to store sellers information, you know, very similar to what i/ocoin is doing.

"Identity Sidechain"

Your post makes no sense at all, the part i am talking about is storing ID's (in this case sellers IDs to help verify sellers) read the article before you make yourself look even more stupid.

Would also add, many people have little idea how "things" work, this article will help many people to understand the whole storing IDs on a block chain along with many other useful things.

Your reply was pointless and unnecessary.

SamInTampa

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:12:56 PM

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

The blog post from Open Bazaar is talking about how they will use identities to store sellers information, you know, very similar to what i/ocoin is doing.

"Identity Sidechain"

Your post makes no sense at all, the part i am talking about is storing ID's (in this case sellers IDs to help verify sellers) read the article before you make yourself look even more stupid.

Would also add, many people have little idea how "things" work, this article will help many people to understand the whole storing IDs on a block chain along with many other useful things.

I read the blog post. Did you? The majority of it wasn't about identities. That was 1 of the 4 major things it talked about. The blog post is more about reputation. As they use SHA256 which is not used by IOC, I fail to see how we could collaborate(not that it wouldn't be possible). The question that comes to mind is if I/O already has a path planned out, why would it be deviate from it? This isn't about them. I don't have anything against them. This is about a pointless link to a blog post for something I/O has implemented in a different way. I know not everyone understands the technical aspects of crypto or the terms surrounding it. Is it the responsibility of this thread to explain things that are explained in many, many other sections of these forums, like "Beginners and Help"? If someone doesn't understand an aspect of I/O, they can easily ask here and get an answer. If it's general crypto questions, many other places exist in the forums to cover that. Books have been written, etc.
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:21:42 PM

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

"Identity Sidechain"

so one guy garners something corollary from the article you posted....and posts about it......given that this is a forum for open discourse in the pursuit of knowledge...I would think telling him his "reply was pointless and unnecessary" is kind of harsh. I think it goes against the grain of why these forums are here. We should try and never discourage anyone from posting....except for maybe a handful of offenses....hopefully this reply is not pointless...certainly should have been unnecessary. now goodwill to all...in mass quantities of course
SamInTampa

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:25:12 PM

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

"Identity Sidechain"

so one guy garners something corollary from the article you posted....and posts about it......given that this is a forum for open discourse in the pursuit of knowledge...I would think telling him his "reply was pointless and unnecessary" is kind of harsh. I think it goes against the grain of why these forums are here. We should try and never discourage anyone from posting....except for maybe a handful of offenses....hopefully this reply is not pointless...certainly should have been unnecessary. now goodwill to all...in mass quantities of course

Just a person or two tend to get me going, you aren't one of them. Thanks for you post.
cohnhead

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:35:17 AM

mrwhitebites....awesome link....thank you for that. not sure if I understand all of it...but I think I get the gist. if someone can either be anonymous or not anonymous... by design... and one chooses to be anonymous...how would this be different than lets say sr. 
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:16:54 AM

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

Deepest Thanks,

Sam

"Identity Sidechain"

Glad you found a way to unlock your random CAPS suddenly Simon.

I like the post from OpenBazaar. But as you say "many people have little idea how "things" work" has two stories.
If i look at the post from OpenBazaar it is a bit techy with all those code examples. I'm also wondering why should they describe how things work for the general public. If some company comes along that uses the blockchain to store info from their service, then its that service that needs explaining for the general public. Not the technology behind it.

It is always of much importance to write articles the way your target audience is and how they think / what info they require. The openbazaar article is a mix i think. Nevertheless it is very good that there are much talks and posts about this technology. This will help I/O Digital as well in the future.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:48:54 PM

Very True.

I think what they are doing with storing people's ID's on the blockchain is to help prevent fraud and also use the "ID" what people chose to give, so Open Bazaar "team" can then allocate a percentage score for the seller, the better the info the higher the score, EG: some people might just store a copy of a utility bill, while other may choose to put a driving licence (or some other higher rated document with a picture).

The ability to be able to store information, such as Identity is going to shake up the internet reselling (along with many more uses, as i posted that link as a example of how ID's stored on the blockchain, can be used for) in a very positive way, it is great to think the Identity Sidechain I/O Coin is working on has got some much potential and it really at the forefront of this new way of helping people to shop online more safely. Plus the other fantastic opportunities that will arise.

One thing that springs to mind is the current situation with the mass immigration in Europe, ho amazing it would be if "immigrants" people who flee their homeland due to wars, could quickly and easily be identified using the blockchain, if would certainly speed up the processing of applications and also give the governments a much more streamlined system when trying to ID people.

Whos ever idea it was to create this Identity Sidechain deserves a medal of achievement. I hope some top government official who deals with immigration learns about the IOC Identity Sidechain and understands how groundbreaking and perfectly it can replace the current, out of date systems that are in place now.

Smiley

cohnhead

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:01:04 PM

Very True.

I think what they are doing with storing people's ID's on the blockchain is to help prevent fraud and also use the "ID" what people chose to give, so Open Bazaar "team" can then allocate a percentage score for the seller, the better the info the higher the score, EG: some people might just store a copy of a utility bill, while other may choose to put a driving licence (or some other higher rated document with a picture).

The ability to be able to store information, such as Identity is going to shake up the internet reselling (along with many more uses, as i posted that link as a example of how ID's stored on the blockchain, can be used for) in a very positive way, it is great to think the Identity Sidechain I/O Coin is working on has got some much potential and it really at the forefront of this new way of helping people to shop online more safely. Plus the other fantastic opportunities that will arise.

One thing that springs to mind is the current situation with the mass immigration in Europe, ho amazing it would be if "immigrants" people who flee their homeland due to wars, could quickly and easily be identified using the blockchain, if would certainly speed up the processing of applications and also give the governments a much more streamlined system when trying to ID people.

Whos ever idea it was to create this Identity Sidechain deserves a medal of achievement. I hope some top government official who deals with immigration learns about the IOC Identity Sidechain and understands how groundbreaking and perfectly it can replace the current, out of date systems that are in place now.

Smiley

sounds way to big brother for me....you should send that idea off to chris christie...he's looking for just that system.  also...I would imagine....to streamline govt systems...you do want to id everyone ...not just immigrants.
I understand tattoos work beautifully 
SamInTampa

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:24:46 PM

Very True.

Smiley

sounds way to big brother for me....you should send that idea off to chris christie...he's looking for just that system.  also...I would imagine....to streamline govt systems...you do want to id everyone ...not just immigrants.
I understand tattoos work beautifully 

Identity and Blockchain are two topics that Satoshi was not fond of having together if it meant giving up privacy for easy of use. I'm talking actually identity, not an online name or a wallet address. From my perspective, it could be helpful in many ways as stated above...it could also lead to centralization in the form of information gathering which goes against the idea of crypto in the first place. It can be a tightrope walk, I'm glad more than one blockchain project and/or coin and/or currency exist and that each has the ability to be autonomous of all of the others. No one solution will make everyone happy as a feature in one piece of crypto/blockchain software can be something that 50% of people want or agree with while the other half is against it or has no need for it. That's something I love about this world of blockchains & crypto...the ability of choice.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:05:44 AM

Very True.

Smiley

just crossed my mind that the ability to identify people (who they are, what religion they have) could be very dangerous as well. We have seen that in the WW2 and current wars. Identifying can have two outcomes and these days it can be very dangerous for people leaving these devastated countries. Can be good for them in the country they went to, but maybe not so good when they go back. Ever thought of that?
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:33:56 AM

Well i was thinking in slightly more simple terms with extra "options"

When it comes to Identifying people, religion is not important to know who a person is.

For example:

Picture
Name
Date of Birth
Country of Birth

(i would also include Finger print)

In these times people have their identities stolen, so this would be a great way to ensure the person saying who they are, is really who they are.

These could be the basics like you have on passports or ID cards. (except of course the fingerprint)

Then people could be given extra options.

Criminal Record

Which i think should be mandatory for anyone wanting to move to another country for example, if i wanted to move to, lets say Canada, i would have to give all of this info and as someone who has nothing to hide, i would be more than happy to give this information.

Profession/skills/work history/employment  history.

Religion, if people felt strongly enough to want to give religion, then let you have that option. But it is certainly not necessary when it comes to simply bein able to ID someone correctly.

But there will be many "variations" of required Data, depending on the "service"

In the case of Open Bazaar for example: Simple ID card info would be more than enough to prove who you are and give you a high user rating.

With the case of immigration  (which is a big topic in Europe right now) such information on a blockchain, as ID card info would help speed up the processing of people and help identify people who have lived a honest life and working hard to better their life, these are the people that you want in your country, as opposed to people who have a criminal past.

I repeat these are just examples and thinking of ways how it could help people and not hinder them  Smiley

IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:01:19 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:15:55 PM by IO Dev Team

Hello Everyone just a quick update of what we have been working on. Wallet work continues as usual. Wallet opens, syncs, backups, imports, sends and receives so all that is good as of now. Some minor bugs are still being worked but over all we continue to make progress. To help us speed up the delivery of Dions, we have added another dev to the team. His core work will be to implement proposed changes to the code to facilitate better implementation of the overall messaging and dion's code to the wallet.

On a side note we are also making a staking improvement. Currently wallet addresses are being split into multiple change in an unlimited way while staking. Some people are noticing their QT wallets going into not responding due to the staking address change behaviours. We are currently considering a cap so that wallets are not bug down by unlimted change addresses. We are also looking into an increase in the number of coins that get combined in staking wallet by defaults and/or an increase in the age when stakes get split.

More info to come so stay tuned.

Joel & St Patty

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:42:56 PM

Good News.

Is it possible to know who the new Developer for I/OCoin is?
What skills, background they have.

OR will it yet be another "Anon" person on the team? 

For I/O Coin to be taken more seriously and to have a better chance of getting investment/real world businesses on board, surely the investors/business needs to know who they are dealing with.

This is the only thing that seems to be holding IOC down, too many unknown people involved.  Thats just my opinion (reply below to shoot it down)

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

Good News.

Is it possible to know who the new Developer for I/OCoin is?
What skills, background they have.

OR will it yet be another "Anon" person on the team? 

For I/O Coin to be taken more seriously and to have a better chance of getting investment/real world businesses on board, surely the investors/business needs to know who they are dealing with.

This is the only thing that seems to be holding IOC down, too many unknown people involved.  Thats just my opinion (reply below to shoot it down)

No Simon, we don't let you know.
He is an expert in the area we were looking for.

Since when does MrWhiteBites worries about anon with all those aliases?

Cheers,
Richard
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: