Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719037 times)
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:13:02 AM

Project Update  10-24-2015

Hello Everyone hope you're all well. Just wanted to give you all an update for this week. Our wallet team is now eagerly awaiting changes to the main DIONS api doc and code for integration to our wallet. Unfortunately it has taken longer than originally estimated. For that reason we had to bring in a developer to help the wallet core team accomplish these changes. Here is a more detailed explanation.

Derek our lead dev had finished the DIONS code back in july and had completed a full testnet of the code to his satisfaction. During that period the wallet team was working on the basic transition from our old HTML5 wallet to the New HTML5 wallet. Designs and implementation started to take shape. Derek then started to work on an api documentation for the wallet team to implement DIONS into the wallet. At that point the team looked it over and made a calculation that it was pretty straight forward and they would not have major issues during implementation. Once Derek finished the api doc, The wallet team was a bit behind with basic coding and it took them around 1 week or 2 to finally assess the final api doc for implementation. During review of the last api doc, our team had discussions with Derek on changes they thought would help them implement the code in a much more fluent way, there were also recommendations for a few small changes to the code for a more user friendly messaging system. For example, how the wallet would handle friend requests. At this point there was a difference in opinion on how this implementation would be done without having to make major changes to the original code. After a dev team meeting, we decided to bring in an additional C++ dev to speed up and aid us with the tasks of implementation of these changes, while not taking Derek away from his current daily tasks. Our Api dev came in last week, studied the code and is now working on implementation of the proposed changes. As a precaution on my part, I also personally interviewed an additional C++ & Java dev and he is currently looking over our entire project and awaiting in the wings to come in and review our final code. New devs coming in are signing NDA's to maintain our code information secure. We also have our code in a non public accounts until we are set to release to keep anyone from copying our code before release.

On regards to videos or images, we have released images of the wallet and will not be making any videos until DIONS is fully functional in the wallet and ready to release.

Although it has been disappointing to me that we are behind our DIONS scheduled release date, Im overall pleased with the fact that the entire team is looking to perfect our overall code and wallet performance. The journey so far has been full of ups and downs, but as Ive said before, i'm fully committed to the project. From day one I've self funded the project along with other team members and community who have chipped in and this was done to ensure that nobody would tarnish the Fair Launch of the project. People had to mine the coins and or buy them off miners just like I had to do. So in the end, we are all equal as holders. Furthermore I've bought coins when I could and I've been staking my personal coins since day 1. We haven't had the benefits of 18M dollars as Ethereum had and or a premine or ICO funding. Even though ethereum has been the one to grab all the air, and startup funding, they are having setbacks and challenges in coding as everyone else.  Their code is far very far from getting to where it needs to get and it may never get there, if funding is not secure from what Vitalik has said. With this said, we are not Ethereum and we never got Millions in funding. I've had to manage our entire project with much less and even though it has cost me, I consider us to be well managed and on budget for our project.

You need more than just coding brains or great tech to make a run for this. You also need management skills in order to steer devs, keep them motivated and in budget to get us to having a successful project. Since many are looking to make a quick bitcoin profit from trading, desperations starts to set in. Price fluctuation is inevitable from speculators and market manipulators, but overall IOC works, it can be traded for not only bitcoin, but also for services or products. Our I/O Digital blockchain is fully functional, fast and secure and is currently being upgraded. Current staking is at around 50% today which is very impressive. Looking at the value of IOC paired to bitcoin is understandable that we have lost ground in market cap. That also has to do with the selling pressure being put by a few holders, but as a community, we should focus on making IOC more accessible to people and companies in the near future.  DIONS will be extremely useful to facilitate transfers via user's aliases, identity and or document storing and private messaging. So once we release DIONS, it will be our focus to educate the masses on our blockchain, via marketing campaign and continue the further development of our  Chameleon Project. I hope that I can count on  the support of our holders, to at least be understanding of some of the challenges to coding, and to let us focus more on our hard work and dedication to make our new projects a reality.

Once the api implementation has been completed, which is not much, it will go to our wallet dev team for the final stage of the DIONS wallet integration, test and release.

As always i'm available through slack.

If you read this update please leave some feedback, or support words to our dev team, will be appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

Looking forward to the new update from Miami Wiz. 

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

The security of coin comes from the number of users..

But it's only a few people left..

For holders it is too long time

Just waiting over and over..

Plz think not the position of a team but for supports and holders

cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:00:05 AM

The security of coin comes from the number of users..

But it's only a few people left..

For holders it is too long time

Just waiting over and over..

Plz think not the position of a team but for supports and holders

I understand what you mean but i think the security of the blockchain for ioc coin is not something that the dev team is worried about. Yes as fewer and fewer people hold and stake, those that do...most likely the dev team themselves will have greater control over network. But being that they are directly involved, one would assume that they are not bad actors who would try and control network maliciously. To what end.

can that even be done in pos?

what is kind of worrying (or is good) is that the price keeps falling....even in the face of a falling bitcoin prices.
IOC_Lov3rs

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:28:10 AM

I'm still hold  Grin hope new years price up to 100k sats  Grin
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:00:42 AM

I am sure you guys all follow richard on twitter and he is working his heart out everyday to make great thins happen for I/OCoin and its holders.
Wiz is quiet but he told me many times he never quits and will also make sure IOC is a big success.

They say in developing when you have 90% done the last 10% takes 90% of the developments, so i think not too far from now, DIONS and new wallet will be released and hopefully some great news about a company using the IOC blockchain, once the IOC team gets one company on board many will follow i am sure.

In the mean time, supporters keep staking and trying to spread hte word about IOC, DIONS etc....

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:20:24 PM

Hey Guys,

Yes, the amount of stakers is important for the security or the overall network.
It is not us buying those coins and the team does not have any intention in buying them.
We better spend all our time and money on development. Yes i do buy some occasionally because i can't resist and know what we are aiming for.

We also have another plan in the making of securing the network even more.
This has got to do with nodes around the world securing the network even more.

Still if we would have more then 51% then this must be at one account and not split between persons.
Even if we would have that why would we ever want to manipulate with such personal investments.
The money what is spend on development the last year can buy you two big fat BMW's. Why risk that?
It is not an ICO or premine. The chance of getting at 51% (8 million coins) for one person is near impossible. So no worries about that.
Distribution is ok.

Maybe we do not develop as fast as we would like. But we are getting there. I keep telling that and yes, that sucks sometimes.
But the work is being done. We are doing things never done before so we get bumps along the road and need to cope with them.
On a daily basis the whole team is putting a lot of work to it. Really a lot. The chat logfiles are hundreds of lines each day between the team and developers. Next to that we have personal investor meetings and chats with business owners around the about adopting the I/O Digital blockchain.
Its a bit about the chicken or the egg. If we have something to show for we know the talks are much easier. We know that. Even now we have a lot of interest so looking forward to have the meetings WITH DIONS and HTML5 wallet released.

You probably have that special feeling once in a while. An opportunity that has the ability to change your world and you can be part of something great. It is a great feeling. The project we do is this chance. At least the team thinks that way and is still here for over a year now. Putting all efforts, money, time and business connections to work for this project.

We are here to stay!!  Thanks for being here with us.

If you have any idea in helping us (investor connections, marketing, business adoption etc), please contact us  (richard@iodigital.io) . thanks!

Cheers
Richard
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:10:21 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 02:52:07 AM by mctaino

Hello guys been away from the forums, but not from work. Let's get right to the point.

As any other project, sometimes you stumble upon roadblocks that just wont go away and that's basically what has happened here. We have the main DIONS code ready and the HTML5 wallet almost completed around 80%, when the integration time came we had issues with the api doc that was provided to us by Derek. There were differences of opinion on how to best implement these changes, Derek was low in time to make these changes happen, so I decided to bring in an outside dev to give us an assessment and help us implement the changes proposed by PAt to the api. We vetted a few Devs, assigned a dev to begging his assessment and that said dev failed to deliver within our time schedule.

We went back to the drawing board and we are now vetting new candidates and have around 5 that are in the running to get the api work. All that we need at this time is to make slight changes to the code, for Pat to integrate DIONS (OP_Register OP_Update & OP_Transfer and Messaging) into the wallet. This work ( The api changes)  is not supposed to take years or months but rather 1 or 2 weeks. Although I'm myself frustrated with all the delays, I'm in no way disengaged, on the contrary im all in the vetting process and meetings are happening around the clock.  Im not here to be playing games, Im here to work. It is unfortunate that some people don't have the ethics or the dedication that the team and I have, but that's how things are in the real world.

Im also going to say that our code is not being made public at this time and all the Devs we are vetting are signing NDA's to make sure our code doesn't land out there. This is very important for us, the community and current businesses/capital investors that are vetting our project.

As soon as we have chosen another dev for the api work, I will come back and announce. This should be in the next few days since we are far along the current vetting process.

if you want to speak with me, Richard or Sam, as always you can find me us on slack.

Thanks

Joel
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:23:18 AM

Thank you for the update Joel.

Clear to see there has been a ton of hard working going on in the background and as often, its never smooth sailing, but sounds like things are getting there and coming along better.  Really excited to see the new wallet and news about DIONS.

Keep up the fantastic work you and the IOC team are doing.

mctaino

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:20:43 PM

We have now hired a new dev to work on the api. He starts on Monday and we have a 2 week time period for completion of this api, if successful it will go to Pat for final integration of DIONs code into the wallet and then we go on Final testnet of DIONS. Let's all stay positive and I will be following up with the community by next friday. Thanks everyone.
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:08:04 PM

We have now hired a new dev to work on the api. He starts on Monday and we have a 2 week time period for completion of this api, if successful it will go to Pat for final integration of DIONs code into the wallet and then we go on Final testnet of DIONS. Let's all stay positive and I will be following up with the community by next friday. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the update. I hope the community sees this and sees that issues arise and I/O doesn't run away from them, they keep pushing forward to do what they've set out to do.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:48:00 AM

I hope one day when I/OCoin hits the BIG time, Joel writes a book and many people learn about the battles fought and won to get IOC to number one.
It would be an absolutely fascinating read and i am sure could well become a "Bible" for Alt Coin Developers.

Really looking forward to the new wallet and dions.

Thank you.

LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 03:42:53 PM

Thank you Joel for keeping the community up to date Smiley

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 10:15:02 PM

Did i read here something about Nodes?

Was just looking into how they "work" and how to set them up  (as i will need to run nodes for my Open Bazaar stores).

I found this great link about Nodes and wanted to share it here: http://blog.modulus.io/absolute-beginners-guide-to-nodejs

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:07:36 PM

Hey all,

Our efforts are starting to pay out slowly. Just learned that I/O Digital is nominated for the European Fintech 100 category Blockchain.
The website will be updated, but the nomination is confirmed.

Lets win it!!

mctaino

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:33:03 PM

Hey all,

Our efforts are starting to pay out slowly. Just learned that I/O Digital is nominated for the European Fintech 100 category Blockchain.

Lets win it!!

Great News! lets keep it going
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:46:09 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 06:10:09 PM by MrWhiteBites

Hey all,

Lets win it!!

Congratulations! I see it is in the Netherlands also so Richard will be there. Awards will be in April so I/OCoin should have lots to showcase by then, this is amazing news. Not to mention the fantastic extra attention for I/O Coin this event will bring.

Any chance we can get a nice Image with the I/OCoin logo in the background of the above image?  (that would look amazing)

Howardno

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:37:12 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Bv0TKOI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JI63SiP.jpg
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:07:39 AM

Hey all,

Lets win it!!

Congratulations! I see it is in the Netherlands also so Richard will be there. Awards will be in April so I/OCoin should have lots to showcase by then, this is amazing news. Not to mention the fantastic extra attention for I/O Coin this event will bring.

Any chance we can get a nice Image with the I/OCoin logo in the background of the above image?  (that would look amazing)
Congratulations team! Surely being that Blockchain is such a nascent technology, being in the top 100 is quite an honor.  With things looking so bright.....I fear that you guys may get scooped up by a large player in the world of fintech...looking for awesome talent Smiley....and not necessarily IOC.  Sad
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:20:40 AM

Hi Howardo,

First image looks great!   I was thinking more of Putting the I/OCOin logo, inside the "Circle/Image" of the round fintech logo and having IOC slightly blurred in the background.

But for your effort i will send you 100 I/O Coin and i hope other people can do te same.

Pleases send me your IOC address, thank you.

PS: Please retweet my link on twitter: https://twitter.com/vintagefashionz/status/666894645071343616

Howardno

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:02:56 AM

Hi Howardo,

First image looks great!   I was thinking more of Putting the I/OCOin logo, inside the "Circle/Image" of the round fintech logo and having IOC slightly blurred in the background.

But for your effort i will send you 100 I/O Coin and i hope other people can do te same.

Pleases send me your IOC address, thank you.

PS: Please retweet my link on twitter: https://twitter.com/vintagefashionz/status/666894645071343616

Not sure what you mean.
https://i.imgur.com/9oAkXz7.jpg

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: