Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719036 times)
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 01:43:35 AM

We like butterflies and we love Blockchain technology.
What if we combine these two?

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idxQjSzzEFI

Seeding Blockchain with the help of lovely butterflies.

Beautiful Short Video.

I do presume that this is an obvious hint to announce I/O Digital has secured Seeding from Butterfly Ventures?
If so a BIG congratulations in is order, i'm sure you will make a great partnership and one Butterfly Ventres can boast about.

Read more about Butterfly Ventures here > http://butterfly.vc/

I hope i'm right, I/OCoin has finally evolved from the Caterpillar and IOC can continue to grow and become world famous thanks to the help of Butterfly Ventures.

it a beautiful video, but this one is too.....
was I too busy with my pi to notice? was this already posted this in this forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3TJx9Y7CY
kudos to the guys and or gals that made that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 09:30:02 AM

@mrwhitebites: The logo Butterfly thingy it is not a clue or anything. I'm just producing a lot of stuff to support the brand long term. More to come.

@cohnhead: did you get the PI up and running? Mine is just synced (after three days) and now staking.
I tried the Bootstrap, but that took two days as well and wasn't sure if that would do it. So cancelled that and started the normal sync.

For non-techies it could be pretty hard to set it up. Especially if you enable the firewall with boot-up entrances in iptables to enable XRDP (remote desktop) from specific ip's only. But then again, maybe a PI is not for everybody.

Cheers
Richard
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:12:08 AM

@mrwhitebites: The logo Butterfly thingy it is not a clue or anything. I'm just producing a lot of stuff to support the brand long term. More to come.

@cohnhead: did you get the PI up and running? Mine is just synced (after three days) and now staking.
I tried the Bootstrap, but that took two days as well and wasn't sure if that would do it. So cancelled that and started the normal sync.

For non-techies it could be pretty hard to set it up. Especially if you enable the firewall with boot-up entrances in iptables to enable XRDP (remote desktop) from specific ip's only. But then again, maybe a PI is not for everybody.

Cheers
Richard

Yes it takes about 3 days for a straight sync on Pi. Bootstrap slightly less and bootstrap on PC about 12 hours. It is what happens when chains get longer. BTC itself can take weeks. BTC "solved" that with headers only sync. It is something you could consider as the chain grows.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

Cheers
Richard

Yes it takes about 3 days for a straight sync on Pi. Bootstrap slightly less and bootstrap on PC about 12 hours. It is what happens when chains get longer. BTC itself can take weeks. BTC "solved" that with headers only sync. It is something you could consider as the chain grows.

The "headers" solution is something we already consider to implement. Bootstrap is one, but headers only is the second one. Especially when we have the data on the chain.
We have a strategy worked out for that. Not everybody wants to stake and possibly have x amount of GB on their pc. So then we introduce something we call HD wallets. Wallets straight from the chain (online wallet) for light weight users. We also looking into a "supernode" structure where people can actively help out the network when it grows. All based for future growth. Joel and Sam can elaborate on this some more because its their field of experience and responsibility.

ps. my PI is synced and received the first 100 IOC! ;-)
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:51:38 PM

Great to hear the Pi's are working.   But i think for other people, non too techy, surely once you have all the info on the memory card, you can simply make a copy of it onto other card, so people just need to insert the card and they will be ready to go.

This would mean they would only need to load the blockchain from the date the card was made, then simply cut and paste in their wallet file, so veyr easy to do.

Is it possinle Richard that you can copy your files from the memory card, upload them somewhere to share them and other people cna easy  copy them to a new card.

this would makes things really east and i think its a great idea.

Many thanks Simon.

PS: @mrwhitebites: The logo Butterfly thingy it is not a clue or anything. I'm just producing a lot of stuff to support the brand long term. More to come.

This make me sad, i thought you guys had joined up with this Venture Capital company  Undecided

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:05:55 PM

Is it possinle Richard that you can copy your files from the memory card, upload them somewhere to share them and other people cna easy  copy them to a new card.

I dont think that is possible. then you will have my IOC address (wallet.dat) on the PI.
Maybe if I delete wallet.dat and the first time you fire up the wallet, then it (probably) will create a new wallet.dat
I dont know for sure..

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:32:42 PM

I dont think that is possible. then you will have my IOC address (wallet.dat) on the PI.
Maybe if I delete wallet.dat and the first time you fire up the wallet, then it (probably) will create a new wallet.dat
I dont know for sure..

Exactly.  You have the memory card, remove your wallet.dat  so it creates a new one when a user starts it up for the first time or even better, do tis before you move "your" wallet.dat into the new file.

Then all should be good.

JC what are your thoughts on this?

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:50:24 AM

I'd like to point out a small error on the iocoin webpage. Under "management" you see Richard, Sam and Joel. Under Joel's description you see "Joel founded I/O Coin July 2015" Shouldn't that be July 2014 ?
I agree, it's a minor typing error but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Cheers,

Springfield
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Raspberry Pi Stakers !

Cna you please post pictures on Facebook and Twitter to help bring more attention to I/OCOin  (thats what i will be doing).

Also, maybe you know someone who does 3D printing?

How awesome would it look to have a Pi2 case in IOC's colours with a IOC logo on the front! (very awesome!)

Thank you.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:47:13 PM

Is it possinle Richard that you can copy your files from the memory card, upload them somewhere to share them and other people cna easy  copy them to a new card.

I dont know for sure..

It is possible to do this. One can make a generically prepared card with everything installed except the wallet.dat. An image is then made of the card which is uploaded or shared via bittorrent. The file will be 8GB though as its only drawback.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:54:26 PM

Is it possinle Richard that you can copy your files from the memory card, upload them somewhere to share them and other people cna easy  copy them to a new card.

I dont know for sure..

It is possible to do this. One can make a generically prepared card with everything installed except the wallet.dat. An image is then made of the card which is uploaded or shared via bittorrent. The file will be 8GB though as its only drawback.

8gb is fine, i can download that in about 2hrs here.  JC would it be something you would consider doing? As you seem the most technical for the job Smiley i am sure we could get a few extra tips for you. Thank you

Also, it can inslucde a new wallet.dat file, the new user can then simply paste in their wallet.dat

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:03:52 PM

I dont know for sure..

8gb is fine, i can download that in about 2hrs here.  JC would it be something you would consider doing? As you seem the most technical for the job Smiley i am sure we could get a few extra tips for you. Thank you

Also, it can inslucde a new wallet.dat file, the new user can then simply paste in their wallet.dat

Sure. Ill make the image.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:19:20 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 01:10:44 PM by MrWhiteBites

I dont know for sure..

8gb is fine, i can download that in about 2hrs here.  JC would it be something you would consider doing? As you seem the most technical for the job Smiley i am sure we could get a few extra tips for you. Thank you

Thank you that will be great, just trying to install it this way first.

QUESTION:  Do i just downloaded the QT installation then copy it to the memory card, just copy and paste it there?

In your instructions, there is no instructions mentioning the QT file.

Can someone here post normal instructions please.

So far.

1- Download the latest version of raspbian with Jessie (easy)
2 - download Win32diskimager  (easy)
3- open disk imager then find the raspbian file you just downloaded and select the file to write to memory card  (no problems there)
4 - remove memory card and put it into the raspberry pi.
5 - start the pi.

NOTE: on my pi after booting it went straight to the "home screen".  Where all i had was  a image of the waste basket.
also the date and time was wrong, maybe i have to connect to the internet first and not think it will automatically detect network? (using wifi dongle)

ok, so i thought it was very strange this "new" pi did not even go to a log in "screen" nothing, just straight to desktop.

So downloading SD Formatter to clean this 8gb memory card, then i will install raspbian

What i do not understand, is how i get the iocoin qt on the pi?

But before this  i also have to configure the edit dongle, which is half a day job it seems. i can only connect the pi to the TV as i do not have a monitor

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:27:04 PM

I dont know for sure..

8gb is fine, i can download that in about 2hrs here.  JC would it be something you would consider doing? As you seem the most technical for the job Smiley i am sure we could get a few extra tips for you. Thank you

Thank you that will be great, just trying to install it this way first.

QUESTION:  Do i just downloaded the QT installation then copy it to the memory card, just copy and paste it there?

In your instructions, there is no instructions mentioning the QT file.

Can someone here post normal instructions please.

So far.

1- Download the latest version of raspbian with Jessie (easy)
2 - download Win32diskimager  (easy)
3- open disk imager then find the raspbian file you just downloaded and select the file to write to memory card  (no problems there)
4 - remove memory card and put it into the raspberry pi.
5 - start the pi.

NOTE: on my pi after booting it went straight to the "home screen".  Where all i had was  a image of the waste basket.
also the date and time was wrong, maybe i have to connect to the internet first and not think it will automatically detect network? (using wifi dongle)

ok, so i thought it was very strange this "new" pi did not even go to a log in "screen" nothing, just straight to desktop.

So downloading SD Formatter to clean this 8gb memory card, then i will install raspbian

What i do not understand, is how i get the iocoin qt on the pi?

But before this  i also have to configure the edit dongle, which is half a day job it seems. i can only connect the pi to the TV as i do not have a monitor

Let me clarify a few things around your post:

There are a few ways to install and use the wallets:

1. Prepare an 8GB+ Raspbian Jessie card in your Pi2 and execute the installation script in my post. This will install the dependencies and install a dynamically linked Qt and headless wallet on your Pi automatically. The Qt wallet is installed in ~/opt and there is an icon on the desktop that you can execute. Remember that to get to the desktop you have to execute startx at the command prompt. You will need to download and install the blockchain separately. This is the option that I described in my instructions.

2. Get a blank 8GB card with nothing on it. Download the 8GB IOC prepared .img file to your PC and burn the image to your card with a tool like Apple Pi Baker or Win32Diskimager. You can then insert the card into your Pi, boot, change any potential settings with raspi-config and run the wallet. This option will have the Qt and headless wallets, the dependencies and blockchain already installed and loaded on the card. This option does not exist yet but is what you have requested me to do - to create the .img file.

3. Prepare a card like in option 1, but instead of executing the script download a statically linked wallet and run that. You then still need to download the blockchain manually and install. I dont like static wallets in Linux and therefore I wont choose this option.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:39:45 PM

1. Prepare an 8GB+ Raspbian Jessie card in your Pi2 and execute the installation script in my post. This will install the dependencies and install a dynamically linked Qt and headless wallet on your Pi automatically. The Qt wallet is installed in ~/opt and there is an icon on the desktop that you can execute. Remember that to get to the desktop you have to execute startx at the command prompt. You will need to download and install the blockchain separately. This is the option that I described in my instructions.

2. Get a blank 8GB card with nothing on it. Download the 8GB IOC prepared .img file to your PC and burn the image to your card with a tool like Apple Pi Baker or Win32Diskimager. You can then insert the card into your Pi, boot, change any potential settings with raspi-config and run the wallet. This option will have the Qt and headless wallets, the dependencies and blockchain already installed and loaded on the card. This option does not exist yet but is what you have requested me to do - to create the .img file.

3. Prepare a card like in option 1, but instead of executing the script download a statically linked wallet and run that. You then still need to download the blockchain manually and install. I dont like static wallets in Linux and therefore I wont choose this option.

Sorry i should of mentioned the following.

I am using a Raspberry pi2 with the latest Jessie OS update.

Notes:
The new OS does not use a command prompt to get to the desktop, it does this automatically.
The new OS does not ask for a password or username.

Please write in non coder speak, its hard to understand for a newbie like me

"execute the installation script in my post"

Problems. I am not connected to the internet. Do i have to be connected to the internet?
What Script?
What do you mean by execute?
How can the QT be installed automatically if i am not online?

"The Qt wallet is installed in ~/opt "

Where do i find ~/opt  ?

Where do i find the bootstrap file?

2 and 3.  i will go with option 1, it seems the best.

There are steps here, that presume other things are set up on the Pi. i have a new pi. not set up for internet or nothing.

Hope that makes sense.  many thanks Simon.

Note for other people. You really need a big screen, if you do not have a monitor, buy one, it will save a ton of hassle. I am trying to figure out how to connect my pi to my laptop screen, thats a day or two job on its own, easy to find ip addreesses and such, but then you have to figure out how to connect the pi, even with putty installed and such it will not work.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:46:51 PM

Simon,

A PI always tries to login with the default login pi/raspberry. Thats why it immediately logs you in.

You can change the credentials in the configuration (click the 'start' menu) and then look for pi configuration. If you have done that it will prompt you a password when you startup the next time.

Don't do that immediately, but first install the wallet / config (its just a matter of opening the command prompt on the pi and execute the installer url that has been provided).

a PI with a wallet is nice, but it is not best suitable for PI newbies. You have to know a bit PI and Linux maybe to config it.
It is a whole new world. I have it up and running. The basics i did myself but the iptables (firewall) and remote desktop i had help from a sysadmin.

=edit=
yes, you need to be connected to the internet
no, you cant (easy) connect it to your laptop screen, you need a screen attached to your PI

with "executing the installer" is meant to copy paste the link below ON THE PI in the command window (that is also present at the top menu in the pi)

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Just copy / paste press ENTER and (if you are connected to the internet) everything is installed for you.
If you have an "disk space error" be sure to check previous post to expand the full file system

Good luck
Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:53:34 PM

Simon,

A PI always tries to login with the default login pi/raspberry. Thats why it immediately logs you in.

You can change the credentials in the configuration (click the 'start' menu) and then look for pi configuration. If you have done that it will prompt you a password when you startup the next time.

Don't do that immediately, but first install the wallet / config (its just a matter of opening the command prompt on the pi and execute the installer url that has been provided).

a PI with a wallet is nice, but it is not best suitable for PI newbies. You have to know a bit PI and Linux maybe to config it.
It is a whole new world. I have it up and running. The basics i did myself but the iptables (firewall) and remote desktop i had help from a sysadmin.

Good luck
Richard

Ho Richard,

ah ha! Your explanation is much easier to understand, thank you. But what is the exact "code" please

"execute the installer url that has been provided"  Huh  i cant see anything here.

Also, i need the pi online first, quite a task when i am trying to do it with the wifi dongle. Been at it all day since the morning... and i am cursed by the fact i wont stop until it works.... going to be no sleep for me.

So for now.

What is the command "text" i need to write to instal the QT wallet please, thank you.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:57:42 PM

Simon,

Good luck
Richard

Ho Richard,

ah ha! Your explanation is much easier to understand, thank you. But what is the exact "code" please

"execute the installer url that has been provided"  Huh  i cant see anything here.

Also, i need the pi online first, quite a task when i am trying to do it with the wifi dongle. Been at it all day since the morning... and i am cursed by the fact i wont stop until it works.... going to be no sleep for me.

So for now.

What is the command "text" i need to write to instal the QT wallet please, thank you.

the code is:  wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi_j.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*   (including the trailing * - all the bold text)

yes you need to get online. UTP connection much better though
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:00:16 PM

Sorry i should of mentioned the following.

I am using a Raspberry pi2 with the latest Jessie OS update.

Notes:
The new OS does not use a command prompt to get to the desktop, it does this automatically.
The new OS does not ask for a password or username.

Please write in non coder speak, its hard to understand for a newbie like me

"execute the installation script in my post"

Problems. I am not connected to the internet. Do i have to be connected to the internet?
What Script?
What do you mean by execute?
How can the QT be installed automatically if i am not online?

"The Qt wallet is installed in ~/opt "

Where do i find ~/opt  ?

Where do i find the bootstrap file?

2 and 3.  i will go with option 1, it seems the best.

There are steps here, that presume other things are set up on the Pi. i have a new pi. not set up for internet or nothing.

Hope that makes sense.  many thanks Simon.

Note for other people. You really need a big screen, if you do not have a monitor, buy one, it will save a ton of hassle. I am trying to figure out how to connect my pi to my laptop screen, thats a day or two job on its own, easy to find ip addreesses and such, but then you have to figure out how to connect the pi, even with putty installed and such it will not work.

Ill make another post in n00b speek covering the items your post including connecting the Pi to your PC.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:38:41 AM

Good volume today Smiley

How is the contact with the VC firms going team? Can you give an update ?

Cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: