Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719034 times)
Seanzqt

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:58:59 PM

I hear ya.  Works that way every time for me.

Still, this is one of the good coins.  I like what these guys are trying to do.

Well it seems like a worthy investment, though, I am a little skeptic at the moment. I am going to wait for the creator to reply based on the Vericoin concern, and will be watching Polo - if it cracks that 70k mark with the 40 odd bitcoin sell order then it will fire up towards 100 and closer to the creators target area. Time will tell though, slow coins usually do well but my concern is the Vericoin and the market at Polo since they are all hyping it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:20:25 AM

I know at least one of them was a VRC dev.  VRC was a wreck with the hack and stolen coins.  Don't think the devs had anything to do with that.  I lost my ass off with the hack, but have not seen anything with IOC that resembles the hype and pump of VRC. 

These guys have been very slow and methodical about where they are going and have often gone out of the way to not play up the coin from what I have read.

Hard to be 100% with any of these coins, especially with the pump groups out there.  But, if you follow several coins, this one is going about its business the right way.  Cannot ask for much more.

As far a Poly, I don't listen to anyone throwing out opinions.  They are cheap as hell, free from everyone.  Research on your own and play it safe as you can if you are worried.  Otherwise, plunk down the money and hold on.  No way to know the future!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:47:40 AM

is this https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin the repo?

seems like its a simple clone of some coin with no development in last 2 years? caught my eye looking at syscoin and saw this coin to be higher marketcap wtf?
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:04:29 AM

dions has been closed source for now and theproject manager and founder Joel will reply to your vericoin question. No this is not the vericoin devs lmao. The fud is starting as we go higher.
was thinking the same thing...here come the trolls
Seanzqt

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:10:32 AM

You know the troll-box on Poloniex, full of people and comments. Though it was interesting when they stated Vericoin. I am pretty skeptic about a lot of coins out there, lucky I sold all my XMR also - though I saw IOC had some great potential but some bad history to what people are saying on Poloniex troll-box (ie; Vericoin). None the less I will keep an eye on IOC for now and see where it goes if anywhere before I make my next move.  Shocked
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:12:21 AM

nice to see price going up, now waiting for hit 100k
Seanzqt

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:16:49 AM

nice to see price going up, now waiting for hit 100k

Someone is trying to sell 44 bitcoins at 70k mark, so it needs to push passed that first and with all this movement, it won't happen anytime soon.  Lips sealed
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:24:39 AM

dions has been closed source for now and theproject manager and founder Joel will reply to your vericoin question. No this is not the vericoin devs lmao. The fud is starting as we go higher.
Ooh closed source thats never good for a consensus system.. gluck
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:36:32 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 03:53:13 AM by mctaino

seems like its a simple clone of some coin with no development in last 2 years? caught my eye looking at syscoin and saw this coin to be higher marketcap wtf?

There is plenty development, is called DIONS. Since our coin was a fair launch, no ico, no premine, we have been our own funding source from hard work and dedication. We have been in development since IONS and POS I/O which is a volume controlled chain. The code cant be the same as everyone else because we have had semi-centralized aliases and we are now upgrading to a fully decentralized alias system called DIONS. Our development has been closed sourced and we have kept the community informed throughout the entire process. We are now in the final stages of compiling to launch and internal beta. We have had DIONS working for a very long time in linux while we finished the code. The code will be audited in beta by other devs, we are not into the scammy business because we are just as invested as everyone else.

The new release will also be accompanied by a new HTML5 wallet that we built from scratch, which will be an upgrade to the current one we have right now.  We have invested lots of time and our money as I said before and we are not going to just leave our code so that the kiddies can come in and just take it and our holders lose value. Once we are complete in Beta and we launch we will have a close period so that our holders can have peace of mind that the code wont be copied on or just before release and it will go open shortly after that period of time, as we move over to chameleon.

You are welcome to go back in the forum and look at screenshots and other information that we have provided, we have a slack channel and we have a beta testing channel with people that have been picked to help us in our DIONS beta.

DIONS compromises of private (stealth aliases), encrypted messaging, data storage up to 1MB in V.1 and improvements to our POS Code. Aliases will be transferable and data sharing will be accompanied by a gpg tools like system.

IT always happens when coins get higher in value people have questions or post without really having the full picture. Please join our slack if you have specific questions about our project.

Due to many request for our technology and for future development partnerships, We formed a legal Foundation in Netherlands for http://www.iodigital.io/

PS

If you are here to fud you can move along, we have a strong community that has been with us for over 2 years. So if you are not bringing anything positive to the table, I'm personally not going to waste my time countering FUD. We are extremely busy working for the best for our long term holders.

Thanks Everyone

Joel

Seanzqt

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:48:38 AM

If you are here to fud you can move along, we have a strong community that has been with us for over 2 years. So if you are not bringing anything positive to the table, I'm personally not going to waste my time countering FUD. We are extremely busy working for the best for our long term holders.

And it's this type of attitude that makes me not want to invest in coins like IOC, I asked a simple question about users stating what has been posting on chatter boxes on Poloniex as example, and this is how the developer comes across to answer it.

Based on this I am glad I pulled my $11k out of IOC with such ignorance and attitude like this developer he can go screw any further investments from me.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:55:27 AM

And it's this type of attitude that makes me not want to invest in coins like IOC, I asked a simple question about users stating what has been posting on chatter boxes on Poloniex as example, and this is how the developer comes across to answer it.

Based on this I am glad I pulled my $11k out of IOC with such ignorance and attitude like this developer he can go screw any further investments from me.

after 18hr days since launch your GlUCK and other comments amount to disrespect and FUD to our entire community. Im glad I helped you make a good decision for yourself.

Seanzqt

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:00:52 AM

after 18hr days since launch your GlUCK and other comments amount to disrespect and FUD to our entire community. Im glad I helped you make a good decision for yourself.

I am happy for you to think this - however, I have been querying what other people have said, no one has even bothered to respond to the comments to ease my mind of investing. Just rubs off as ignorance and not answering real questions, anyways leave it to what you may, IOC just seems a non-worthwhile investment, I will make sure to note this over at Poloniex just to make you guys happy.

Later.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:37:22 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 05:05:08 AM by sidhujag

There is plenty development, is called DIONS. Since our coin was a fair launch, no ico, no premine, we have been our own funding source from hard work and dedication. We have been in development since IONS and POS I/O which is a volume controlled chain. The code cant be the same as everyone else because we have had semi-centralized aliases and we are now upgrading to a fully decentralized alias system called DIONS. Our development has been closed sourced and we have kept the community informed throughout the entire process. We are now in the final stages of compiling to launch and internal beta. We have had DIONS working for a very long time in linux while we finished the code. The code will be audited in beta by other devs, we are not into the scammy business because we are just as invested as everyone else.

The new release will also be accompanied by a new HTML5 wallet that we built from scratch, which will be an upgrade to the current one we have right now.  We have invested lots of time and our money as I said before and we are not going to just leave our code so that the kiddies can come in and just take it and our holders lose value. Once we are complete in Beta and we launch we will have a close period so that our holders can have peace of mind that the code wont be copied on or just before release and it will go open shortly after that period of time, as we move over to chameleon.

You are welcome to go back in the forum and look at screenshots and other information that we have provided, we have a slack channel and we have a beta testing channel with people that have been picked to help us in our DIONS beta.

DIONS compromises of private (stealth aliases), encrypted messaging, data storage up to 1MB in V.1 and improvements to our POS Code. Aliases will be transferable and data sharing will be accompanied by a gpg tools like system.

IT always happens when coins get higher in value people have questions or post without really having the full picture. Please join our slack if you have specific questions about our project.

Due to many request for our technology and for future development partnerships, We formed a legal Foundation in Netherlands for http://www.iodigital.io/

PS

Thanks Everyone

Joel

I spent about 30 mins skimming your white paper and the OP so sorry if I get something wrong but I got some questions if you don't mind.

I assume you meant centralized aliases because they were arbiters to handle squating and stuff? What are you doing differently in the decentralized approach? I don't think anyone cares to copy the code anyway no point in wasting effort explaining that kinda stuff its not what I meant (read below)
a) how does data sharing work?
b) are you building blockchain services to use your aliases? (if so how would transfer work in conjunction with things that those aliases "own")
c) what are stealth aliases all about? zero-knowledge transactions or something else?

1) how do gpg file checks happen, is it part of consensus code?
2) Are you using opreturn for your data(good) or a custom tx data field (bad),
3) How do you handle bloat with 1mb data fields? you obviously increased the max tx and block size because of this? if not how do you handle scalability if mass user acceptance happens? Do aliases expire? can they be extended?
4) in section 6 of your DIONS white paper you go into a.b.c and how a can control b or c and b can control c ? is this correct? how would that work?
5) is that standard public key encryption messaging using the same curve used to sign transactions?

I don't think you have to worry about people stealing code as anyone who does will only discredit themselves and credit your project as bug fixes and further development will not be carried over and if they do, more people will trust the main chain(see alt copy clones vs btc). Im still not sure why people choose the closed source route within the spirit of an open source project such as bitcoin which brought us all here. Vetting by an open source community is more valuable than vetting through bounties and trusted developer reviews, that being said they are valuable as I am doing one for my decentralized system as a bounty of upwards of $50k usd in crypto value for anyone that can break my system, but I know that it will get tested properly once its out... the value of that being I get to get some great sanity testing before releasing giving me good confidence that with people's money on the line that it won't break overnight when released. I chose the open source route yet noone copied because they wouldn't be able to extend functionality or fix bugs in a timely manor that I can, and for that reason even if they did I think majority of investors can see through a quick p&d scheme nowadays, no need to even worry about copy cats imo.

PS for the sake of public knowledge it would be cool if we can get answered here as im sure many people are browsing your thread that don't care to join Slack (or are here not knowing what Slack is or in the future sometime when people have moved onto the next best chat based system). There is value in providing input here still instead of referring to slack... i know most projects tend to have that policy nowadays.

If its too tiring to explain the technicals of the features  and since you are already in beta I can read the unit tests and figure out whats going on.. probably the easier way.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:31:18 AM

All alt coins are a clone of something, what makes them different is the new tech they bring to the table, IOC is bringing amazing tech soon.
And IOC has been around for over 2 years now while most in crypto that were made 2 years ago have long gone.

The person who wants to question the Dev.   I can safely say Joel is the hardest working in crypto, this guy works harder in one day than most of the people here work in one month, so i rest my case there.  Oh, not to mention everything that has been done here, has been done out of his own pocket, show me another alt that has done this?

Investing into an alt coin, that is backed 100% by the Devs own money, is a winner, people work really, REALLY hard when its their own money, life and even family on the line, Joel has sacrificed a lot to get IOC here and he wont stop, so all of you who doubt anything can move on, i would say this very differently if it was me being judged, i spit fire.

Ooh closed source thats never good for a consensus system.. gluck

I bet you have not even gave $1 to charity, i bet you would never give up anything for someone, but you want the Dev here to give up DIONs a project 2 years in the making and costing over $100,000 to develop.  You see now?

and Seanzqt

Keep believing what trolls say, you will do well in life. Send me a PM when IOC is 100k and i will tell you why its 100k and tell you why IOC will go to 200k and beyond.

I spent about 30 mins skimming your white paper
  Well take your time and read the whole thing several times! The Dev team spent weeks writing that so people would not have to ask questions, that there are already answers to.

And your other questions, a,b,c 1,2,3,4,5.  Are good.  They might get an answer, hopefully they will, as i think they are fair questions.

But the rest  of your comments are wrong, eople are stealing code all over the place to make PnD coins, so IOC does not want DIONS used in some scam, simple as that.

And again, if you spent over $100,000 of your own money developing something, you would then understand why some things have to be closed source, but that does not mean in the future they will remain that way, no doubt in year or so DIONS will be open source.

So all people here need to worry about is this......

How can they help the project.

If you have any doubts, simply move onto another coin, there are plenty out there.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
Seanzqt

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:49:23 AM

The sad thing about your comments are they are aggressive, clearly someone who has no customer service. Sighs, a great development team is a team that can take questions head on regardless of how many times they are asked, devs that aren't rude, aggressive, and are willing to assist shareholders, yet I am seeing the opposite here and it's an utter shame because a great coin goes very far with a team that is dedicated and not a bunch of rude pricks.  Angry

Time to scam IOC then.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:30:49 AM

The sad thing about your comments are they are aggressive, clearly someone who has no customer service. Sighs, a great development team is a team that can take questions head on regardless of how many times they are asked, devs that aren't rude, aggressive, and are willing to assist shareholders, yet I am seeing the opposite here and it's an utter shame because a great coin goes very far with a team that is dedicated and not a bunch of rude pricks.  Angry

Time to scam IOC then.

LOL!  what kind of fairytale land, full of faries do you live in?

Before i will continue,

DISCLAIMER: i have NOTHING to do with the IOC Dev team, just a person who has been here for a long time now and showing support with signature and such.  Any views i post here are my own and yes, often they offend little public school boys who go crying to mommy when someone dares to disagree with their views.

I will make this brief, you are a TROLL, So fuck off back under your bridge, with all your other easily offended,  little faggot Trolls and have a nice gay time of seeing who can choke on the biggest troll Johnson.

Now, this is what i would consider to be slightly offensive, But my world is much different to yours obviously, takes a whole lot more to even get me slightly bothered.

then you finish your lame trolling with a threat to Scam IOC.

Go on please keep going, i have a list, of Troll posts just like this, i will have an amazing Christmas dinner, drink lots of fine wine and then when the family is gathered round and we are in high spirits, i read out all these trolls comments and we laugh until tears roll from our eyes, then to top things off, we tell each other how much we have earned this year in Bitcoin and throw stacks of money on the open fire to keep us warm in the cold, harsh winter night that knocks on our door.   After all... Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:05:04 AM

The sad thing about your comments are they are aggressive, clearly someone who has no customer service. Sighs, a great development team is a team that can take questions head on regardless of how many times they are asked, devs that aren't rude, aggressive, and are willing to assist shareholders, yet I am seeing the opposite here and it's an utter shame because a great coin goes very far with a team that is dedicated and not a bunch of rude pricks.  Angry

Time to scam IOC then.

LOL!  what kind of fairytale land, full of faries do you live in?

Before i will continue,

DISCLAIMER: i have NOTHING to do with the IOC Dev team, just a person who has been here for a long time now and showing support with signature and such.  Any views i post here are my own and yes, often they offend little public school boys who go crying to mommy when someone dares to disagree with their views.

I will make this brief, you are a TROLL, So fuck off back under your bridge, with all your other easily offended,  little faggot Trolls and have a nice gay time of seeing who can choke on the biggest troll Johnson.

Now, this is what i would consider to be slightly offensive, But my world is much different to yours obviously, takes a whole lot more to even get me slightly bothered.

then you finish your lame trolling with a threat to Scam IOC.

Go on please keep going, i have a list, of Troll posts just like this, i will have an amazing Christmas dinner, drink lots of fine wine and then when the family is gathered round and we are in high spirits, i read out all these trolls comments and we laugh until tears roll from our eyes, then to top things off, we tell each other how much we have earned this year in Bitcoin and throw stacks of money on the open fire to keep us warm in the cold, harsh winter night that knocks on our door.   After all... Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings

I have to agree!!! Amazing, how people jumped suddenly. IO i follow from 700-800 satoshi, and the movement to this price after two years tells something about the IO team. And this price did not come at once. Everybody have to do home work first before put something in the air. Cheers and enjoy!!!

BTW i like those sell walls. Preventing the heavy pump!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:10:51 AM

There must be a script that gets passed around for every coin that rises.  The posts are always the same and the people are always looking out for everyone else, even though they have no interest for themselves.  Oh well, all part of the game I guess.

Keep up the good work IOC.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

Technical questions are great.  Most have been asked and addressed over the life of the forum.  Someone that really wants to know about the project with real interest would read the forum through.  I do for any coin I want to follow.  It takes time, but if you are going to risk some money, time is worth it.

The whole "What is different" gets really old.  Coins are coins for the most part.  The biggest difference is how dedicated the devs are to getting to a goal and showing the world why it is valuable. 
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:38:40 AM

Technical questions are great.  Most have been asked and addressed over the life of the forum.  Someone that really wants to know about the project with real interest would read the forum through.  I do for any coin I want to follow.  It takes time, but if you are going to risk some money, time is worth it.

The whole "What is different" gets really old.  Coins are coins for the most part.  The biggest difference is how dedicated the devs are to getting to a goal and showing the world why it is valuable. 

Hear Hear!   100% spot on, Devs make or break a project and Joel and the IOC team are creating something spectacular with IOC.   
Trolls will be Trolls but thats why we have an Ignore button here  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: