Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719037 times)
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:24:54 PM

Why was IONS needed? Whats the point?

Basically imagine if you need to send iocoins to someone in the near future and this person you are sending coins to can easily sell them online and get cash quickly.

Well in the past you would need their long wallet address, which no-one remembers.

Now with this new feature, you can simply pay someone who has a username registered.

Example. to pay me coins now.

You simply log into your wallet, click send coins tab  (this is the new part)

then at the top you see IONS: (simply enter my user id)  Surestrike.   Then the lons wallet address linked with my username auto completes.

and you simply enter the amount.

It makes is super easy to pay people quickly and in the near future you wil be able to create a contacts list of your own, like with email to sort contacts. Ideal to sort family, friends and work contacts. (ideal for paying people for work)

Check out this video to see just how easy it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7DFJV1nxI8&list=UUKuqdJU4YcD5X9-wRhn91Xg

like i say BIG plans are being made and this IONS feature is the first step in a much bigger picture !   It will take people time to understand the true value of this, but it is BIG.

So what you wating for GO AND CREATE A UNIQUE USER ID TODAY!

I don't see anything exciting with this feature, for now name services weren't needed, Devs could have spent time in something better! Chat, Market, BlockChain integration.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:27:01 PM

Services like IONS are a huge step forward in making crypto more accessible to the masses, you're never gonna see truly widespread adoption without it.
rhkazani1

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

Services like IONS are a huge step forward in making crypto more accessible to the masses, you're never gonna see truly widespread adoption without it.

Lets see, this not so useful feature was added to create hype and pump the price, but nothing much has happened.
surestrike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

rhkazani1 congratulations you are now on the Troll block list.

I know what the future holds for iocoin and i am very happy to say the least.   As will many investors when they see what is being done. Also they will be able to see soon when the road map is realsed and the ywill freak when they see we have another top dev working on some 'mass adoption' plans.
surestrike

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:38:38 PM

REMEMBER: To upgrade to the new wallet to use IONS also!

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/releases/tag/2.1.0.0
rhkazani1

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

I know what the future holds for iocoin and i am very happy to say the least.   As will many investors when they see what is being done. Also they will be able to see soon when the road map is realsed and the ywill freak when they see we have another top dev working on some 'mass adoption' plans.

lol, I am holding around 10k of IO, I was just bit disappointed with this feature. I know this has potential.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:10:30 PM

I know what the future holds for iocoin and i am very happy to say the least.   As will many investors when they see what is being done. Also they will be able to see soon when the road map is realsed and the ywill freak when they see we have another top dev working on some 'mass adoption' plans.

lol, I am holding around 10k of IO, I was just bit disappointed with this feature. I know this has potential.

Weeks and weeks of work went into this feature to make it more simple for people to send to someone. The last thing we are doing is creating smoke screens for people. We are here to deliver a much better POS Coin that could potentially be used in real life. Think of it like this, Papajohns-io you can send ur payments straight to your favorite pizza shop.
bitsterr

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

I think it would be a great idea to use some of the funds from IONS to market on twitter to the first X amount of ppl to submit their IONS name gets 200 ioc. This make more ppl try the wallet. The more ppl that try it the more the word spreads.
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:10:44 AM

I think it would be a great idea to use some of the funds from IONS to market on twitter to the first X amount of ppl to submit their IONS name gets 200 ioc. This make more ppl try the wallet. The more ppl that try it the more the word spreads.

i like this idea

+1
xushenghang

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:21:20 AM

Roadmap and future development announcement later today    Huh
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
enjoi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:34:31 AM

Roadmap and future development announcement later today    Huh
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Roadmap was added to the OP.

hyoung

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:36:05 AM

Guys - I'm sorry but I just endured watched one of the IOCoin videos voiced by the most boring and unenthusiastic individual I have ever heard.  As a recovered geek who now understands marketing, please take it from me that the marketing collateral associated with your coin is VASTLY more important than any wiz bang feature.  At least make an effort and get someone who can at least sound positive, possibly with a more internationally acceptable accent.  Flame me if you wish but can you deny I speak the truth?  I spotted IOCoin on BITTREX, mainly because of the increasing price with a tight spread.  I installed the wallet and was dead set on buying some.  Some snazzy graphics impressed a little, but then I found the videos - FAIL.  Please go get your vids re-voiced.  This is easy and cheap to do.  Just get hold of a undergrad drama student that can do a half decent job of sounding upbeat.  For as long as your public image sounds regional, boring and utterly devoid of enthusiasm you're going to have a tough job convincing anyone this is anything other than a midlands student lark cooked up over a few pints.  You may be respectable eminent fantastic people, but impressions count.

And the fact there isn't even a web site, only a neutral forum thread doesn't look good either.  If there is one, tell coinmarketcap.com.
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:38:24 AM

Road Map: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26015286246891723123
bitsterr

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:54:02 AM

Im glad to see a new wallet. So many coins and all the dull same old wallet. Crypto moves fast so why are we all still using a 4+ year old wallet. The wallet is the user experience. IONS and the new wallet are a great place to start. Now put this into a mobile wallet with messaging.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:56:22 AM

Guys - I'm sorry but I just endured watched one of the IOCoin videos voiced by the most boring and unenthusiastic individual I have ever heard.  As a recovered geek who now understands marketing, please take it from me that the marketing collateral associated with your coin is VASTLY more important than any wiz bang feature.  At least make an effort and get someone who can at least sound positive, possibly with a more internationally acceptable accent.  Flame me if you wish but can you deny I speak the truth?  I spotted IOCoin on BITTREX, mainly because of the increasing price with a tight spread.  I installed the wallet and was dead set on buying some.  Some snazzy graphics impressed a little, but then I found the videos - FAIL.  Please go get your vids re-voiced.  This is easy and cheap to do.  Just get hold of a undergrad drama student that can do a half decent job of sounding upbeat.  For as long as your public image sounds regional, boring and utterly devoid of enthusiasm you're going to have a tough job convincing anyone this is anything other than a midlands student lark cooked up over a few pints.  You may be respectable eminent fantastic people, but impressions count.

And the fact there isn't even a web site, only a neutral forum thread doesn't look good either.  If there is one, tell coinmarketcap.com.

This video was done by an active community member. You are welcome to make one too. Let's give our friend thanks for taking the time and doing the video. I hope other community members will step up and lend a hand to help us grow our community
bitsterr

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

Are IONS usable with my exchange accounts like my bittrex?
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:22:54 AM

August 20th
DEV Road Map  - http://www.docdroid.net/gdjf/iormap.pdf.html

August 19th
IONS Wallet Release - https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/releases

surestrike

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:39:16 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 11:14:10 AM by surestrike

I have to agree!  Grin  I do have a rather dull voice  and it was only my 3rd ever video like this.  I simply wanted to make a video to show people how to use the feature. I included annotations so people can easily watch without sound also.

But have no fear! There will be a much improved version released soon with a voice that i am sure you will love!

Also, there is a iocon website! Please visit: http://iocoin.io/ and there will be more added to it in the coming weeks.

Thank you for pointing out CoinMarketCap has not added the link to the video, i will send them a message to update this.

So i look forward to your next review.  Many thanks Surestrike.

surestrike

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:52:48 AM

Are IONS usable with my exchange accounts like my bittrex?

Thats a good question!  It is possible, but the only way i can think of doing it would be this:

1 - add your iocoin bittrex address, to your address book.

Name it something unique as you will have to attach a IONS name to it.

2 - (example) StrikeBittrex-io  or StrikeRex-io  or StrikeTrex-io  (you get the idea)

NOTE: As this name will be on the IONS, it will be publicly avilable.  You cna imagine if everyone wants to do this
they must remember to make it unique/

Then you simply create a new user name and attach your bittrex address to it.
Then when you want to send funds quickly to Bittrex, you can now use the IONS feature.

You can add any name to anywhere, this is the beauty of this feature.  The possibilties are endless.

REMEMBER: When using IONS all you need is a wallet adddress and you can create a unique user name for that and any address you wish (as long as the username has not been taken of course)
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:48:13 AM

Scavenger Hunt ! WIN 3,000 I/Ocoins!

Plus A nice bonus Mystery prize now included!
 To be run over 14 days. From 5th August - 19th August. Extended to the 20th!
There will be 14 puzzles/riddles/pictures to solve.

Rules:The first letter of each correct answer will make up the 14 letter pass-phrase code!
The first person to message us (here) with the correct pass-phrase wins 3k I/Ocoins.

THIRTEENTH PUZZLE

Q: What word is linked to these images?

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: