Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:10:05 AM

when is the Windows 8.1 version coming?

some of us run the latest and greatest hardware

We have a full beta working but unfortunately it requires the qt to work, we have been experiencing problems with the daemon. We will update when we get these issues resolved.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:00:54 AM

We have a full beta working but unfortunately it requires the qt to work, we have been experiencing problems with the daemon. We will update when we get these issues resolved.  

So, it is not real multiplatform then, win 8.1 here too so im skipping this one as  it does not work.

On Windows 8 our Qt works perfect, We are having issues with the daemon on stand alone HTML5. HTML5 running QT in the background works. Once we get the daemon stabilized for HTML5 stand alone we are good to release.

For those of you on Windows 8 that want to try the beta, you can join the irc or pm us with a request. The beta runs with QT and is fully functional. As you all know with anything beta, you must be experienced and obviously back up your wallet.dat before installing.
Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:01:51 AM

Our Long Awaited HTML5 Wallet Enjoy!

Excellent! Il check it out right away! Luckily my wife have a win 7 machine Smiley

Change...is in the air.
You know why
incogdev

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:14:14 AM

Wait so its just a frontend? I can use this frontend with anycoin?
I have a daemon for another coin that works on windows 8. I see I just put the <coin>.conf in the right place then it works... just has the iocoin logo and stuff but I can change it with my own theme Cheesy
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:18:16 AM

Wait so its just a frontend? I can use this frontend with anycoin?
I have a daemon for another coin that works on windows 8. I see I just put the <coin>.conf in the right place then it works... just has the iocoin logo and stuff but I can change it with my own theme Cheesy

So its a front end.

Shadowcash did it first  Grin

ShadowCash did qt5 with html front end.. They just couldn't work on a brand new engine like us, is understandable super hard to do, but as always we break ground. ours is HTML on Node.js+Webkit, theirs is HTML on Qt. Not so ground breaking as is on top of QT5 witch by the way we currently have IONS running on.

incogdev

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:27:24 AM

So essentially what you have is a web wallet wrapped using node-webkit, whereas other coins have actually created a standalone product that works with their coin only.. Why not open source it since it works with any coin?
incogdev

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:36:15 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7kOb0dn.png
gouda

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:40:18 AM

ROFL

NSCoins

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

So, is this basically just another marketers coin? just to hype instead of innovate?
surestrike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:32:17 AM

Wow, lots of trolls to add to my ignore list.

I will just say this one time.

ShadowCon wallet. is QT.  Click ABOUT and it pops up QT version...

I/Ocoin walet is html5 - when you click ABOUT is says HTML5.

The only adds on are all the other wallets. So you trolls can say and post what you want,
but you are smiply just making yourself look even more stupid to everyone else
 who realizes I/Ocoin Windows 7 and Mac is a true HTML5 wallet.

Windows 8 is being worked on, as previously pointed out, it crashes on start up for some unknown reason
Maybe a HTML5 expert here would know the solution to this.

Here's some facts:

Only 18% of people use Windows 8.  No doubt that 18% will come here saying what a scam we are for not releasing a Windows 8 version.
55%.6% of people use Windows 7. 

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Remember, no other coin has madea HTML5 wallet. We are version 1.

So lots more updates to follow.
NSCoins

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:50:33 AM

Wow, lots of trolls to add to my ignore list.

I will just say this one time.

ShadowCon wallet. is QT.  Click ABOUT and it pops up QT version...

I/Ocoin walet is html5 - when you click ABOUT is says HTML5.

You do know thats only the description and is just one line code? you could add the wallet was made on mars even, that's why i said marketers coin, is just like that "pos.3" marketing strategy and stuff, anyone can see it, you are underestimating the market intelligence if you think they can not see throw it.

Only 18% of people use Windows 8.  No doubt that 18% will come here saying what a scam we are for not releasing a Windows 8 version.
55%.6% of people use Windows 7.  

Guess what?  Cryptocurrency is a tech environment, so yes i think most of that 18% of win 8 users will hang around the forum.

As for "claiming" first html5 wallet, well its not even multiplatform, i preffer a real html5 frame working multiplatform and even more an anonymous one, and sorry to let u know but html5 tech was released 1 day before by Shadow, you can go read some cryptocurrency news sites and find it out for urself Smiley

IO wallet looks nice and i like your "templates" but honestly that shadow wallet works way more neat than IO, at least at the moment, Cheers.
StPatty

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:56:52 AM

For Windows 8 users: I will be experimenting tomorrow with a version of the wallet that should work on Windows 8. Please stay tuned!

So, is this basically just another marketers coin? just to hype instead of innovate?

I didn't spend the last month and a half "marketing", I spent it at my computer writing code to get this project working. Whether it's hype or not is for you all to judge, now that it is released to the public.

So essentially what you have is a web wallet wrapped using node-webkit, whereas other coins have actually created a standalone product that works with their coin only.. Why not open source it since it works with any coin?

It's an RPC front-end packaged with an RPC-only daemon, with clean separation between the front-end and daemon. No, it's not a "web wallet", none of your data is stored on our servers. No it can't be used for just any coin, as there are some I/O-specific functions included. Regardless, the code is closed source and the copyright is held by the I/O Coin Team to protect the investment that the community has made in I/O Coin, and we will not allow distribution of our code by any other alt-coins.

At the end of the day, we just wanted to bring a new, beautiful, feature-rich wallet to the users of I/O Coin. I respect that Shadowcoin wants to do the same thing and have also made a very impressive wallet. I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.
NSCoins

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:00:33 AM

I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

Agreed, please let your PR guy Wizfarm know, as he is the one who started it when he discovered shadow html5 wallet got released first, else there would be no issues between the coins communities imho.

Great job to both dev teams, lack of professionalism on ur pr guy for starting that tho.
00Smurf

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:14:47 AM

For Windows 8 users: I will be experimenting tomorrow with a version of the wallet that should work on Windows 8. Please stay tuned!

I didn't spend the last month and a half "marketing", I spent it at my computer writing code to get this project working. Whether it's hype or not is for you all to judge, now that it is released to the public.

It's an RPC front-end packaged with an RPC-only daemon, with clean separation between the front-end and daemon. No, it's not a "web wallet", none of your data is stored on our servers. No it can't be used for just any coin, as there are some I/O-specific functions included. Regardless, the code is closed source and the copyright is held by the I/O Coin Team to protect the investment that the community has made in I/O Coin, and we will not allow distribution of our code by any other alt-coins.

At the end of the day, we just wanted to bring a new, beautiful, feature-rich wallet to the users of I/O Coin. I respect that Shadowcoin wants to do the same thing and have also made a very impressive wallet. I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

very well stated. Nice to have some reasoning and intelligence.
surestrike

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:18:10 AM

I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

Agreed, please let your PR guy Wizfarm know, as he is the one who started it when he discovered shadow html5 wallet got released first, else there would be no issues between the coins communities imho.

Great job to both dev teams, lack of professionalism on ur pr guy for starting that tho.

Shadowcon is a QT wallet.  And you Blackcoin/shadow coin guys have been attacking Wiz since he left BlackCoin.
We are not the ones coming over to your thread to troll it and speak total BS.

Wiz pointed out FACTS.  Shadowcon wallet is QT. That's why when you click the about tab it says QT !

I/Ocoin wallet is HTML5, that's why when you click about, it says HTML5 !

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:19:33 AM

must say this

the new wallet does look really sexy and i can't wait till Win 8.1 version comes out   Tongue

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
00Smurf

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:27:59 AM

Shadowcon is a QT wallet.  And you Blackcoin/shadow coin guys have been attacking Wiz since he left BlackCoin.

Wiz pointed out FACTS.  Shadowcon wallet is QT. That's why when you click the about tab it says QT !

Your ignorance is showing mate. The about says QT because it uses QT core With Html5, C++ over top.

Both wallets are frontends over top of a core. for yours its the daemon. For shadow its the QT.

And yes this was started in our IRC.

surestrike

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:35:59 AM

So.

The I/O Coin HTML5 team is proud to present the I/O Coin HTML5 Wallet v1.0.0.
Supported Platforms

Windows 7 (32-bit binary). Tested on Windows 7 x64.
    Mac OS X 10.7+ (32-bit and 64-bit binaries). Tested on 10.8 and 10.9.

Unsupported Platforms

Windows XP (daemon crash)
    Windows 8 (daemon crash)
    OS X 10.6 and earlier (unsupported by node-webkit)
    Linux (experimental support, see below)

All other operating systems: Use at your own risk!
Installation (Windows)

Run the installer executable.
Do not change the installation folder or wallet will be unable to find the daemon executable.

Run wallet using shortcut in start menu, or by starting IOCoin HTML5 Wallet.exe.
Installation (OS X)

If you use a 32-bit system, download the 32-bit DMG. Otherwise, you may use either, but 64-bit is recommended.

Open the DMG, drag IOCoin.app into the Applications shortcut, then drag iocoind into the bin shortcut.

Run wallet by opening IOCoin.app.
Installation (Linux, Unsupported)

Compile the iocoin daemon from the source code.
    Copy the compiled iocoind into /usr/local/bin or a create a symlink in /usr/local/bin to where you have iocoind.
    Download the app.nw and the node-webkit runtime for Linux.
    Drag and drop app.nw onto the node-webkit binary. If it fails to run, you may need to modify the binary to find libudev. Please see here for more information.

FAQ

It crashed!/Something broke! Who do I yell at?

Take a screenshot of any information that appeared (e.g. any pop-ups). Send an email to iocoindev@gmail.com or talk to one of the mods in #iocoin on irc.freenode.net.

Where does the wallet store its settings?

On Windows: C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin\html5wallet.conf
    On OS X: /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/html5wallet.conf
    On Linux: ~/.iocoin/html5wallet.conf

How do I install a custom theme?

If it does not exist, create a themes folder inside the folder that contains html5wallet.conf (see above for exact location).
    Drop the theme's folder inside the themes folder you just created.
    The theme should now be selectable in the Settings tab.

How can I create a new theme?

Download the app.nw version of the wallet and the node-webkit runtime for your platform (the wallet uses v0.10.5 so we recommend this version for compatibility reasons).
    Rename app.nw to app.zip and unzip it into a folder.
    At the bottom of index.html, change DEBUG = false; to DEBUG = true;.
    Create a new CSS file in the css/themes folder.
    Copy img/no-preview.png and rename the copy to the same name as your .css file.
    Run the wallet by dropping the app folder (with index.html and package.json at top-level) onto the node-webkit executable.
    The debug tools will open with the wallet and the wallet will be using a "dummy" daemon.

How can I distribute my theme?

Create a new folder with the name of your theme somewhere on your computer (e.g. your desktop).
    Place your theme's CSS file inside and rename it to theme.css.
    Take a screenshot of your theme, crop and resize it so it's 195x150, and place it in the folder, renaming it to preview.png.
    Compress the folder into a ZIP file and share it with the world!

I would like to point out, i use Windows 8 and it is a horrible OS.  I am not surprised that the new wallet does not want to function correctly on this Operating System, but i am sure the Developers here will have it working in the next few weeks.

Also, we will hopefully see a wallet that you can lock, while staking, as this is a important feature. 

But this is just Version 1.  Look at Version 1 of Apple iPhone. 

I/Ocoin has still delivered. 
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:38:05 AM

Really?! You're still dragging BlackCoin into this....?
Show some maturity and get your facts straight too.
Clearly a little education would go a long way with some people.
StPatty

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

I would like to point out, i use Windows 8 and it is a horrible OS.  I am not surprised that the new wallet does not want to function correctly on this Operating System, but i am sure the Developers here will have it working in the next few weeks.

I want to clarify that the lack of Windows 8 support is not intentional, we fully intended to support Windows 8. Unfortunately there is a fatal error in the daemon that we are still trying to resolve, so I will be looking into a possible workaround tomorrow so that Windows 8 users can reap the benefits of our new wallet. Though I don't use Windows 8 (outside of testing) I have nothing against it.

I/Ocoin has still delivered. 

Absolutely! Thanks to everyone who has made this release possible.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: