Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help petition the Red Cross to accept BTC  (Read 3674 times)
Armed

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

Although it is a worthy endeavor to have a charity accept bitcoins, the Red Cross isn't one of those charities. There are many more worthwhile charities to be focused on. Maybe this idea should be expanded to something along those lines?
Name one.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

Although it is a worthy endeavor to have a charity accept bitcoins, the Red Cross isn't one of those charities. There are many more worthwhile charities to be focused on. Maybe this idea should be expanded to something along those lines?
Name one.
Convoy of Hope. There one.

But here are a few others: Direct Relief, Young Life, Samaritan's Purse

Don't get me wrong, Red Cross is a very solid charity (although financials tend to hover around the second quartile rather than the top quartile). When I say worthwhile, it's more implying that there are charities that would benefit much more from an organized transactor gateway in bitcoin.

I feel that setting up the Red Cross for this would lose some of its worth because of the size of the red cross. Focusing on smaller gateways that can serve multiple charities would be significantly stronger in my opinion.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:27:56 PM

If they don't want to except Bitcoin to help those in need then that is something they will have to live with.  Clearly a poor decision for a charity to turn down donations for those in need.  I view that as irresponsible and I'm not sure I would even want to donate coins to them.  At very least they should make people aware that they could receive Bitcoins if they need help the don't have to hold them if they don't want but don't deprive others who needs the help.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:34:58 AM

added:  http://bitcoinadoption.org/petitions.php

Send me a PM with any links to other petitions! - Jonald

indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:24:32 AM

we should not be advertising that we are throwing away good money.. (bitcoins)

we should be advertising that we are smarter then the FIAT lot, that we care about keping bitcoin to have a true value and that people should be throwing their FIAT away..

for instance

bitcoin is $650
"for every bitcoin bought we will give $20 not to the red cross but to a frontline poverty/crisis service actually there helping those in need face to face, (EG seans outpost)"

not
"someone gave 5000 bitcoins to red cross, red cross converted it to fiat for a spot price of $600 each (=$3m) and red cross used 500k for disaster relief and red cross CEO got his pension pot refilled with the rest

this must be a better idea! And that bitcoin is doing charity as well.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:11:40 AM

Might as well throw your wallets out the window. At least greedy 'humanitarian' bureaucracy won't eat 90% of your donations that way.

Aid organizations are corrupt in the most deceptive form: each and every one of the bleeding hearts actually willingly spread their legs to aid in the corruption while spouting idealism.
gjgjg (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:08:28 PM

Well, they must have seen this petition... Wink
http://www.coindesk.com/american-red-cross-now-accepts-bitcoin-donations/

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: