Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:28:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I start my own escrow service?  (Read 3578 times)
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

I'm considering starting an easy to use bitcoin only escrow website.

The fee will be 1.5% per transaction and will enable users to have a single service they can continually rely on, rather than, say, a large number of escrows with whom any deal could go awry.

How can I start up and get users? Obviously I need to start small transactions first, but would anybody be interested in this service? How can I earn the trust of bitcoiners?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:16:05 PM

The fee will be 1.5% per transaction and will enable users to have a single service they can continually rely on, rather than, say, a large number of escrows with whom any deal could go awry.

How can I start up and get users? Obviously I need to start small transactions first, but would anybody be interested in this service? How can I earn the trust of bitcoiners?

In the bitcoin world escrow is typically free through multisig, and its only when a rare dispute happens that an arbitration fee comes into account.

The rate for arbitration is highly variable upon who you select:

https://www.bitrated.com/u

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:49:49 PM

Just do some trades first, gain some rep and then consider starting your own escrow. Also being higher forum rank always helps.

Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:31:38 PM

Many users on these forms who provide escrow services will not change any escrow fee for smaller transactions, but would instead rely on tips. These tips will end up making these escrow services much more then what they could potentially charge for escrow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RDMINER

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

If you want some money, sell your signature.
FRNZ

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:26:48 PM

get good reputation. do some trades for yourself and move on from that point. forum activity isn't all that you need.

also if you wanna website, make sure you register a legitimate company.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:40:00 AM

First, you need a powerful server/

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:59:58 PM

Reputation and trust of users. Those or most important. Then site and other things to show you are serious.

Pkofet

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

No offensive, but to be honest, I don't see why people should use your service.
There are a dozen of highly trusted persons providing escrow service for free/tips. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:24:35 AM

Here is an EXTREMELY ROUGH guide on how we run an escrow!

1) Purchase dedicated server (usually 8gb of ram min, decent space (SSD > HD), couple cores for CPU)
2) Update && install the OS (I like Centos or Ubuntu), firewall scripts [iptables], of course replace username login with SSH2 keys and 2FA.
3) Install OpenVZ , deploy and assign ip (you can do its own public ip address or internal)
- Nginx Box (or Apache)
- MySQL Box / and or MongoDB Box
- CryptoBox (I like to isolate them in their own virtual containers)

Afterwards, update them and install their software

4) Build an escrow script using RPC from the CryptoBoxs, then run it via the Nginx Box
5) Marketing and partnerships, maybe build up a reputation with a 3rd party company (Gambling sites)

I did ommit some parts, for security reasons, I personally would rent out 2 dedicated servers (both on the same rack and direct connect between both) and a cloud AWS.
Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:07:10 AM

1) Purchase dedicated server (usually 8gb of ram min, decent space (SSD > HD), couple cores for CPU)
2) Update && install the OS (I like Centos or Ubuntu), firewall scripts [iptables], of course replace username login with SSH2 keys and 2FA.
3) Install OpenVZ , deploy and assign ip (you can do its own public ip address or internal)
- Nginx Box (or Apache)

4) Build an escrow script using RPC from the CryptoBoxs, then run it via the Nginx Box
5) Marketing and partnerships, maybe build up a reputation with a 3rd party company (Gambling sites)

I did ommit some parts, for security reasons, I personally would rent out 2 dedicated servers (both on the same rack and direct connect between both) and a cloud AWS.
I think the OP was referring to running an escrow service on these forums, not starting a website that offers escrow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinTraders

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:40:52 PM

Gain activity and rep and you could be an escrow!
Or you can make your own escrow site...Cheesy
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:23:29 PM

I'm selling my escrow site, btc-asia.com
buzz me if you are interested.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:19:25 AM

- Nginx Box (or Apache)

What are you even talking about? Why is a server required to run a simple escrew service on bitcointalk?
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

The op wanted to start escrow web site and needed server.
mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

- Nginx Box (or Apache)

What are you even talking about? Why is a server required to run a simple escrew service on bitcointalk?

hahahaha.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:57:41 AM

So, nobody mentioned becoming trusted? Wow. I'm very surprised.

First step:

Becoming trusted.
Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:09:04 PM

So, nobody mentioned becoming trusted? Wow. I'm very surprised.

First step:

Becoming trusted.

Nope, you are not the first one mentioning that. Tongue

Just do some trades first, gain some rep and then consider starting your own escrow. Also being higher forum rank always helps.
get good reputation. do some trades for yourself and move on from that point. forum activity isn't all that you need.
Reputation and trust of users. Those or most important. Then site and other things to show you are serious.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: