Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOMEONE GAVE ME 0.2 BTC, WHERE SHOULD I INVEST TO MAKE SOME PROFIT?  (Read 1317 times)
noobsbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:27:02 AM

I'M NEW TO BTC AND SOMEONE GAVE ME 0.2 BTC FOR FREE, WHERE SHOULD I INVEST TO MAKE SOME PROFIT?

I'M LOOKING FOR A LOW RISK DAILY INCOME INVESTMENT!

I'LL GIVE $10 AWAY TO 1 PERSON THAT CAN GIVE ME THE BEST ADVISE !

THANK YOU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:39:18 AM

I'M NEW TO BTC AND SOMEONE GAVE ME 0.2 BTC FOR FREE, WHERE SHOULD I INVEST TO MAKE SOME PROFIT?

THANK YOU

Honestly, I think you should just store it somewhere safe, forget about it for now, and come back to it later.

Getting 0.2 BTC for "free" is about as low-risk as it gets.  Think if you had ~$120-$130 in your pocket -- how much 'daily income' would you expect to get from that type of investment amount?

Long-term, holding BTC has proven to be a great strategy for many, and it's realistic that some big news might come along (e.g. approval of the Winklevoss ETF) that will spark another rally, pushing BTC to new all-time highs.

If you hold and BTC hits its previous ATH, you're looking at (almost) doubling your money.  It's very rare to find an investment that can double your money in as little as a few months to a couple years.  I think holding at this point gives you the best chance at turning your $120 gift into a small retirement nest egg.
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:41:54 AM

If you send it to me i can keep if for you Wink

uhnonamiss

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:42:36 AM

THANK YOU

Honestly, I think you should just store it somewhere safe, forget about it for now, and come back to it later.

Getting 0.2 BTC for "free" is about as low-risk as it gets.  Think if you had ~$120-$130 in your pocket -- how much 'daily income' would you expect to get from that type of investment amount?

Long-term, holding BTC has proven to be a great strategy for many, and it's realistic that some big news might come along (e.g. approval of the Winklevoss ETF) that will spark another rally, pushing BTC to new all-time highs.

If you hold and BTC hits its previous ATH, you're looking at (almost) doubling your money.  It's very rare to find an investment that can double your money in as little as a few months to a couple years.  I think holding at this point gives you the best chance at turning your $120 gift into a small retirement nest egg.

or nothing Cheesy
noobsbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

THANK YOU

I'm Expecting $5 a day,

Great advise i will keep it in mind, Thx btw

Please PM me your addy for a $1 tips from me

Move on to next person
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:00:58 AM

Spend it on hookers & booze

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:03:11 AM

THANK YOU

I'm Expecting $5 a day,

Move on to next person

If you look for an opportunity that says they can make you 5$ a day for that .2 BTC it's most likely a scam. Just hold on to them for now, there are a ton of opportunities to make BTC in these forums. Heck, you can even get paid just for posting on here! Through signature campaigns, giveaways, and jobs requests, are safe and legitimate ways to earn bitcoin on here. Most BTC investment options you see are a scam.
noobsbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:05:28 AM

THANK YOU

I'm Expecting $5 a day,

Move on to next person

If you look for an opportunity that says they can make you 5$ a day for that .2 BTC it's most likely a scam. Just hold on to them for now, there are a ton of opportunities to make BTC in these forums. Heck, you can even get paid just for posting on here! Through signature campaigns, giveaways, and jobs requests, are safe and legitimate ways to earn bitcoin on here. Most BTC investment options you see are a scam.

Thx for the heads up Smiley

PM ur addy for $1 tip from me
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:06:21 AM

THANK YOU

Just holding the BTC will make you profit in dollars when the price rises and you decide to sell the 0.2 when you feel the price is at a high point of an unsustainable rise, it will always be 0.2 BTC tho.

I invested my BTC in the bankroll of a dice website: https://prcdice.eu/

The house edge is 1%, you will have to pay 10% commission on that so your edge will be 0.9% in the long term.

At the moment there is about 600 BTC invested in the house so on average when the total wagered amount goes up with 600 BTC your investment will increase by 0.9%.

Ofcourse there are swings and in the short term you can definately be in the negative for a while, but in the long term your investment will go up.

And also you have to trust the site operator not to run away with your funds, I believe he's trustworthy tho but ofcourse you should do your own due diligence before sending your BTC anywhere.

One more thing, stay away from ponzi-schemes and HYIP programs.

BTW you can't expect to get $5 a day from 0.2 BTC anywhere which isn't a scam.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:15:27 AM

Sport betting. Make 20 accumulators with at least 20 legs each, 1mbtc each, if you get at least one right, you probably will have 3 bitcoins or more.

Or wait the brazilian friendly this year, somewhere in september, and bet against Brazil. 100% chance of win.
noobsbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:18:38 AM

Sport betting. Make 20 accumulators with at least 20 legs each, 1mbtc each, if you get at least one right, you probably will have 3 bitcoins or more.

Or wait the brazilian friendly this year, somewhere in september, and bet against Brazil. 100% chance of win.

Good pick, Always agains brazil

PM addy for $1 tip
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:19:10 AM

Giving away $10 already loses 8% of your investment  Grin

But the best way to make a profit would probably be to hold it. Doing anything else would be a gamble and you risk losing it all.
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:39:23 AM

I don't have much experience with sports betting so could you explain what you mean with "make 20 accumulators with at least 20 legs each with 1 mBTC each"?

You make it sound like it's pretty easy turning 0.2 BTC in 3 BTC and I highly doubt it's as easy as it sounds right? Wink

Also gambling is not investing as you will always have a negative edge when betting/playing against the house, unlike poker or investing in a gambling site's bankroll.
cryptofan5

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:53:09 AM

THANK YOU

Isn't it a bit too small for any investment? Some ponzi would probably accept it though :-)
noobsbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:59:24 AM

I don't have much experience with sports betting so could you explain what you mean with "make 20 accumulators with at least 20 legs each with 1 mBTC each"?

You make it sound like it's pretty easy turning 0.2 BTC in 3 BTC and I highly doubt it's as easy as it sounds right? Wink

Also gambling is not investing as you will always have a negative edge when betting/playing against the house, unlike poker or investing in a gambling site's bankroll.

I kinda like your dice site investing idea. What's the chance of loosing money on dice site investment?

Please PM me your addy for the tip !

Thank you everyone, I'm no longer offering any giving away BTC

Please feel free to continue to post any idea on how should I invest my BTC
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:01:49 AM

Invest in Bitcoin and hold it for the long term.  Best advice I can give you unless your willing to risk it all and trust my judgement for investment advice..
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:42:40 AM

Make a bet involving 20 different matches. If you all the 20 results right, you get as reward all the odds multiplied, what is at least 3000x initial value for bets around 1.5x. If at least one of the results are wrong, then you lose all bet. Repeat this until you gain.

Example:

bet1 : 1.5
bet2:  1.4
bet3:  1.55
bet4:  2.1
bet5:  1.2

if you get all the five results right, yout get 1.5*1,4*1.55*2.1*2.1*1.2 = 8.2 vs your initial stack
if you get at least one wrong, you lose everything.

Yes, it is risky and probably you'll lose all your bets by one leg, this is why I said only 20 mBTC.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:15:07 AM

There are not many legit biz where you can invest small amount of btc like this other then some HYIP that will eventually turn into a scam or gambling , that I won't recommend either
 Ask yourself how much it will hurt you if you'll loose the 0.2btc that you just got if you can't afford to loose it than just keep it with you instead of investing because as already mention if btc reaches a new ATH you already doubled it what you initially had in fiat, but if you can afford to loose it you can take a risk with gambling and other stuff.

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:59:13 AM

I'd advice just hold on to it, keep it safe, if you really looking to invest, just try with smaller amount first, that way if you mess up you won't regret it. Btw, the person who gave you this 0.2 free, is he giving more, may I have his/her email?  Grin

bitmaster111

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:19:02 AM

The holding of BTC into their account is only the safe investment here . I invested my lots of money here but everyone came here for scam . they worked here for 2 months or 2 years maximum here then scam investors' money Tongue then you feel you loose your money Tongue holding of BTC into your account is the best way to earn money here rather than Investment in scam like HYIPS and gambling Tongue so be care full before investment Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: